Search found 27 matches

by waverider
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:20 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Who am i? Why can't i be a ever changing entity?
Replies: 30
Views: 687

Re: Who am i? Why can't i be a ever changing entity?

I haven't thoroughly read every post here so I'm going to just jump in. I have 2 questions for you. 1. Are you aware? & This one you don't have to answer. 2. Where do you go to answer the first question? Realizing that awareness is timeless and always peaceful is reached by going there...through se...
by waverider
Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:25 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Who am i? Why can't i be a ever changing entity?
Replies: 30
Views: 687

Re: Who am i? Why can't i be a ever changing entity?

Can anyone prove that consciousness is not the function/feature of the brain? No, but it is everyone's direct experience (if they really care to investigate and discover that it is in fact their direct experience) that the brain is a function/feature of Awareness/Consciousness, rather than the othe...
by waverider
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:23 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Who am i? Why can't i be a ever changing entity?
Replies: 30
Views: 687

Re: Who am i? Why can't i be a ever changing entity?

We are born in this world as mind and body. If we neglect our mind and body under the pretext of some magical real 'I' then we are just fooling ourselves. The famous quote from the movie The Departed spoken by captain queenen (played by Martin sheen) comes to mind "We deal in deception here what we ...
by waverider
Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:11 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Who am i? Why can't i be a ever changing entity?
Replies: 30
Views: 687

Re: Who am i? Why can't i be a ever changing entity?

turiya wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:51 pm
This video explains everything. Rupert spira should learn from him. 😌
Https://youtu.be/EYmOECFQILE
by waverider
Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:31 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Who am i? Why can't i be a ever changing entity?
Replies: 30
Views: 687

Re: Who am i? Why can't i be a ever changing entity?

runstrails wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:00 pm

The stars, the planets, the sun, the moon, the trees, the animals. They all exist and so there has to be an awareness which allows them to exist.
I don't understand what you mean by this.
by waverider
Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:11 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Who am i? Why can't i be a ever changing entity?
Replies: 30
Views: 687

Re: Who am i? Why can't i be a ever changing entity?

Waverider wrote: In order to prove that awareness exists you must begin your investigation with the assumption that it doesn't. What you need to dwell on is that existence and awareness are one and the same. They are two sides of the same coin. Nothing can exist without an awareness of it, and conv...
by waverider
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:13 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Who am i? Why can't i be a ever changing entity?
Replies: 30
Views: 687

Re: Who am i? Why can't i be a ever changing entity?

Can anyone prove that consciousness is not the function/feature of the brain?
by waverider
Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:53 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Who am i? Why can't i be a ever changing entity?
Replies: 30
Views: 687

Re: Who am i? Why can't i be a ever changing entity?

Waverider wrote: America existed long before but it was ever known Yes. I agree. Here the 'known' means 'awareness' It was known only after it was discovered Yes. I agree. Here the 'known' means known to humans after they discovered it. Are you suggesting that for something to exist it must be firs...
by waverider
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:23 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Who am i? Why can't i be a ever changing entity?
Replies: 30
Views: 687

Re: Who am i? Why can't i be a ever changing entity?

Sorry my comment should have read : America existed long before but it was ever known. It was known only after it was discovered.

Are you suggesting that for something to exist it must be first known?
by waverider
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:57 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Who am i? Why can't i be a ever changing entity?
Replies: 30
Views: 687

Re: Who am i? Why can't i be a ever changing entity?

Exactly! If something exists, there has to be an awareness, consciousness or knowing of its exixstence. Not by Columbus or any other being--but by the virtue of the simple fact that it exists. This is a subtle concept--but its the foundation for understanding your true nature. America existed long ...
by waverider
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:19 am
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Who am i? Why can't i be a ever changing entity?
Replies: 30
Views: 687

Re: Who am i? Why can't i be a ever changing entity?

That is, if anything exists, then there has to be a knowledge of it. Even if nothing exists, that nothing has to be revealed (or known to exist as nothing), correct? America was not known before it was discovered by columbus but it existed even before it was discovered. So did several planets, cons...
by waverider
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:01 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: The REAL I is not hurt so don't feel hurt. I Disagree
Replies: 1
Views: 153

The REAL I is not hurt so don't feel hurt. I Disagree

I have been watching Rupert spira videos lately and i love the clarity he has on the non dual theory. But i disagree when he says if the real I is not hurt by insults then there is no legitamate reason to feel hurt. It's like you are with your friend and someone insults him won't you feel a shread o...
by waverider
Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:17 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Who am i? Why can't i be a ever changing entity?
Replies: 30
Views: 687

Re: Who am i? Why can't i be a ever changing entity?

runstrails wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:41 pm

First, a basic assumption needs to be made that ultimate reality is infinite, limitless and unchanging.
Thankyou for replying to my question. But again you are assuming that there exists somthing called 'ultimate reality'.

Can conciousness not be a function of the brain?
by waverider
Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:20 pm
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: Who am i? Why can't i be a ever changing entity?
Replies: 30
Views: 687

Who am i? Why can't i be a ever changing entity?

People say that i can't be my body, i can't be my mind. So i am that observer or whatever. Really? Why? Because body and mind change all the time. Our body and mind is not the same that it was 10 years ago. But to that i say, so what? Why can't the entity that is 'I' be ever-changing in it's nature?...