NDEs

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Re: NDEs

Postby rachMiel » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:33 pm

Enlightened2B wrote:Yes, there is only One Consciousness, but it is only perceived in the way WE perceive it because of our brain, while a plant or a quark perceives it in ways we cannot even imagine. We can even go as far as to say there are groups of consciousness (think of your body systems like your digestive system or the autonomic nervous system which operates on its own).

Yes! I also believe (and that's what it is, a belief based on strong intuition and feeling) that there are clusters of lower-level consciousnesses that, together, form higher-level consciousnesses. Take the human body. The body as a whole is its own semi-independent consciousness (emphasis on "semi"). Each system and organ of the body are their own consciousnesses. Each cell in those organs. Each of the semi-independent organisms that reside in a cell: mitochondria, ribosomes, etc. Each molecule, each atom, each elementary particle. All the way down. And up: human body, to human family, to tribe/community (people and environment), to city, country, continent, Earth, solar system, galaxy, etc.

But, there's more to it too, because I personally believe that we are each also existing/creating our own individual realities in a sense, while intertwining in each other's stories through a common consensus of sorts. Think parallel universes. Wild stuff

Okay, this needs some explanation ... please? :-)
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby Webwanderer » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:35 pm

rachMiel wrote:Y
And what of the brain? Is it autonomous? Or does it function in conjunction with, and under the direction of, some controlling intelligent originator?
A fascinating question. Of course I don’t know the answer. But of course I have a working theory. ;-) In a nutshell, everything is conscious, from quarks to rocks to humans to galaxies the the totality = all that is. And everything is interdependent. So the brain is conscious, as are all its neurons, neurochemicals, etc. As is the body that houses the brain, all objects in the world “external” to the body, etc. And all of these objects exist in a vast interdependent web, like Indra’s net.

I would agree that there is consciousness in every 'thing'. But what is the origin of that consciousness? Is the thing conscious of its own making? Did it create itself? Is it just randomly spontaneous? Can consciousness birth itself? Ah, the mysteries of life. You may not have a clear answer. Nor may I. But I find the question is quite provocative and expansive. Maybe even birthing greater consciousness as a by-product.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby rachMiel » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:59 pm

The big mystery to me is: What is the relationship between a particular consciousness and The One Consciousness. *Is* there a relationship ... or are particular consciousnesses just temporary manifestations of The One? Is a wave both a wave and The Ocean? Or is The Ocean all there really is? Or, somehow ... both?
rachMiel

Postby Enlightened2B » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:22 pm

E2B:
But, there's more to it too, because I personally believe that we are each also existing/creating our own individual realities in a sense, while intertwining in each other's stories through a common consensus of sorts. Think parallel universes. Wild stuff

RachMiel
Okay, this needs some explanation ... please? :-)

Well, my own interpretation for this and this is only MY own interpretation and perspective, and I'm holding an incredibly speculative view here. I don't hold tightly to this at all. This is something I still don't fully understand and likely never will in this life time. Yet, we are all manifesting our own realities. I have direct experience with this in my own life. I personally believe that because there is really no such thing as actual 'linear time', that all 'potentials' are ultimately already existing simultaneously.

In other words, this entire physical reality that we see external to our physical bodies (there is nothing really external to consciousness, but there IS a world external to our bodies, or I should say, 'potential world' external to our bodies), you and I are having a conversation right now, is a product of our collective (all of us, people, plants, animals, rocks, everything) creation. We clearly are interacting in the same virtual reality of sorts. We could not have conversation if we were not. This does not require analysis. This is everyone's direct experience. We all meet together and adhere to the same 'laws' of the universe. Ok, great, we agree upon that.

So, what to make then, of our own personal experiences and how do they affect on a larger scale? This might sound really far out there. But, I believe that while there are meeting points for all of us (consensus), external reality is simply a mirror for our individual belief systems. And our individual belief systems collectively create what we call.....Physical reality. But, there's more......

There is no one....collective reality. There IS a collective story, but even that is always changing in a sense. What we call 'collective' is more or less just potential to choose from. We are actually each creating our own vibrational versions of that collective potential. In other words, what we call 'collective' is not just one objective 'reality', it's a mesh of vibrations interpreted from different perspectives. Planet Earth is not just 'One Planet". Which version of planet Earth are we experiencing? Again, consensus are consensus. Laws of Physics are laws of physics that we agree upon 'prior' to entering into this game of life. That's what gives the VR game a sense of continuity. No matter where you go, Donald Trump is President. No escaping that. That's part of the consensus collective story that we all co-create together. However, which version of Donald Trump we get, is entirely dependent on our belief systems about Mr. Trump.The laws and all of the commonalities that we all share are the parameters of the game....SO THAT....we can actually have a virtual reality experience. However, beyond that, we are each simply creating the outside mirror from our own belief systems.

It is our emotional experience or our beliefs which affect the 'external reality'. The ONLY way you could possibly know what you are holding on to, what you are creating, what you are experiencing is if it is reflected back to you. You are a musician. How could know the music you are creating if it was not reflected back to you in the form of sound? As infinite creators, how could we know our own creations if it were not reflected back to us in the form of (what we call) 'external reality'. There is LOTS of science coming to the forefront now with this. This isn't hocus pocus anymore. Dr.Joe Dispenza is one of the fore front leaders in this area. Also Gregg Braden, Bruce Lipton. They have tons of YouTube videos if you'd like to watch, if you haven't already. So, we each (through our belief systems), are drawing to us, vibrational versions of that collective potential (what we call collective reality is just potential) that match best with our own stories. And yet our own stories are intertwining with vibrational versions of other people's stories. How could this possibly be though? Wouldn't that leave very little resources for everyone around? That's why, in my opinion, there are parallel realities all existing simultaneously, depending on our belief systems.

I know what I am saying is likely making little sense. But, in simpler terms, consider that there is only One Consciousness, which is experiencing itself from an infinite number of perspectives, not only people, plants, animals, 'non sentient objects', but also infinite potential choices for each one of those people, plants, animals, non sentient objects, etc etc. Whether I turn left or right at the doorway....each potential is a viable option that already exists in a sense (since all time, all choices already are NOW). Every possible choice that I can make in my life, already happened. Whichever choice I choose, I am essentially, collapsing the wave into particles for THIS particular vehicle of Consciousness. Time is like a movie reel. It's one moment to the next to the next to the next. All infinite realities simultaneously already existing. PLUS, in addition to that, there are also..... the vibrational versions of the people I interact with correlate best with the belief systems I am personally holding on to which also all exist simultaneously.

So, to a close, is there one Planet Earth? Is there one Universe? I say.....no. Planet Earth is ALL dependent on the perspective of.....yes....the observer. Anything we perceive in reality is dependent on.....the observer. (Observer again though, is not just a human observation). Again, there are consensus, meeting points for all of us, no doubt. But, all else is our own creations. In other words, the meeting points, the consensus laws of physics, we could say are the canvas boundaries. The canvas itself.....is Consciousness. What we create on that canvas is entirely up to us. Because there is no one version of Earth or even the Universe and that everything (again beyond consensus agreements) is entirely subjective is credence to the idea that everything in reality is entire dependent on experience. And that's why we are here.....for experience. Nothing is ultimately real in a grander sense....but our EXPERIENCE of it all is very real and ultimately, that's all there is.......Please understand, this is just my own view, and it's still in the very early workings. I more or less at this point, have fun with this stuff. But, I believe this whole shebang is somewhat along the lines of this.....
Enlightened2B

Postby runstrails » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:33 pm

I've always enjoyed NDE's. Fascinating stuff.

rM wrote: What is the relationship between a particular consciousness and The One Consciousness. *Is* there a relationship ... or are particular consciousnesses just temporary manifestations of The One? Is a wave both a wave and The Ocean? Or is The Ocean all there really is? Or, somehow ... both?

There is only one consciousness. Logically there can be only one 'fundamental' reality or essential reality. Ultimately both the ocean and the wave are water. That is, the same water underlies the ocean and the wave. Only the perspectives are different.
runstrails

Postby rachMiel » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:27 pm

runstrails wrote:Ultimately both the ocean and the wave are water. That is, the same water underlies the ocean and the wave. Only the perspectives are different.

Hi runstrails! :-)

And, yes, that's it, I agree. Generally you see that metaphor as a two-parter: wave and ocean, the wave being the part(icular) and the ocean the whole. But Advaita goes a step further and recognizes that both wave and ocean are different forms of both object's underlying substrate = water (= metaphor for the ultimate substrate = brahman).
rachMiel

Postby Rubber Soul » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:01 am

Webwanderer wrote:The most profound experience I've had was a dream I had the night after my father died. In the dream I, and his extended family, were at a kind of wake for him when the phone rang. Someone told me it was for me. When I answered I could hear, as well as see, my father in kind of a hospital bed. He was sitting up and looking younger and more robust than I ever knew him to be. He was 45 when I was born and here he looked early thirties. He said to me "I just wanted to let you know I'm okay. Tell everyone I'm okay." It was vivid.

Sounds like a typical after-death communication (the deceased loved one appearing younger, telling the living recipient he is fine, vividness/clarity of the dream and the recipient remembering the dream for years after)

Thanks for sharing

An attorney (consigliere) named Roberta Grimes has spent 40 years researching the afterlife (through information gathered through deep-trance mediums and other sources) and has come to the conclusion that our afterlives are solid, physical, Earth-like and very fun and happy (believe it or not)
Rubber Soul

Postby Enlightened2B » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:14 pm

Rubber Soul wrote:An attorney (consigliere) named Roberta Grimes has spent 40 years researching the afterlife (through information gathered through deep-trance mediums and other sources) and has come to the conclusion that our afterlives are solid, physical, Earth-like and very fun and happy (believe it or not)

The afterlife is very much a subjective experience through a good portion of the transition process (at least in the early part of the process), and this is why the subject matter is so difficult to talk about, because there is no agreed upon truth, other than the truth of utter perfection, love and wholeness. Yes, there are commonalities, but mostly, potential exists and that potential could be anything. Each experiencer will project their own beliefs on to the experience. So, it is very common, in the early stages of transition, that, yes, the experiencer will or can project a solid, Earth like reality. But, this is not an objective truth. Those experiencers who have gone "deeper" into the transition/death process have come to realize that our projections, including the Earth like ones, in the early stages of transition, is not ultimately 'real' and more projections from our own beliefs. We create here in the physical and the non physical. The difference being that, creation is instantaneous in the non physical.
Enlightened2B

Postby Mystic » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:31 am

Why do some people have a hellish near death experience? Are they going through a dark night of the soul? :?:

https://www.near-death.com/experiences/ ... storm.html

I asked a question on Quora. Richard Martini gave an interesting answer.

What is reincarnation, and how is disembodied consciousness vectored back into material life forms?

https://www.quora.com/What-is-reincarna ... &srid=F2in
Mystic

Previous

Return to General Discussion