I AM

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Enlightened2B

I AM

Post by Enlightened2B » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:43 pm

This was from Jeff Foster's Facebook page today. If anyone is familiar with Jeff's teachings, Jeff shifted gears a number of years back and is no longer a non-dual teacher, but he writes, along with this friend Matt Licata (who has some beautiful poetic writings in his own books), about the human experience and embodiment. Jeff talks writes more these days about embracing our humanness more than any teacher out there. But, this was just a very subtle pointer back towards the background of existence:
I must confess something.

I am a murderer.

I am a saint. I am a thief. I am a prostitute. I am the homeless guy rummaging through the trash cans behind the gas station you pass every night on your way home from work. I am an artist, a vandal, a wild lover of the night. I am all the oceans, the mountains and the valleys. I am creation and destruction. I am the galaxies and all the stars. I am a giraffe, a hippopotamus. I am Mickey Mouse. I am Hitler, Gandhi and all the kings and queens of old. I am the starving child on the TV with those hollow staring eyes you cannot look into for long before your heart starts breaking. I am everything that moves you and everything that leaves you stone cold. I am American Idol. I am Mozart's Magic Flute. I am as vast as a Universe. I am tinier than the tiniest sub-sub-atomic particle.

I am silent, yet I am as loud as seven thousand apocalypses.

I take all forms, yet I cling to no particular form.

I do not say "I am form". I do not say "I am not form".
I do not say "I exist". I do not say "I do not exist".
I do not call myself God, consciousness, awareness, presence, spirit... or even Life.

I have no name for myself. I am anonymous.
Yet all names are my own.

Humans fight and kill and die over the names they give me.

They form religions, dogmas, systems of thought. They claim I am on their "side" (I take no sides). They say I belong to them (I belong to nobody and everybody). They claim they know me, channel me, speak for me. They claim to have found The One Path that leads to me.

They do not know. Their minds are too limited.
(Yet 'mind' is one of my many ingenious appearances.)

I appear as everything, yet when you stop and look for me, you cannot find me. I play in the cosmic hide and seek. I appear when you stop looking, and when you begin.

I am these words, and all the spaces between them. I am the silence at the end of the sentences, and the expectation at their beginning. I am the black and the white of it, and every shade of grey, and every possible colour too. I am the understanding and the lack of understanding. I am the similarity and the contrast. I am the separation and the unspeakable unity.

I am the eyes moving across this screen and the screen moving across these eyes. I am the seeing and all that is seen. I do not divide myself between subject and object. Separation is not my religion. I know nothing of 'I', yet I speak of 'I' for the simple joy of it.

I am male and I am female. I am East and West. I am inside and outside. I speak every language fluently. I am all that is, all that has been, and all that will ever be. I am now, and never now. I cannot be reduced to anything known or unknown. Eternities pass in the space of a breath. Aeons are my lifeblood. Love is my purpose.

I am breathing you now.
I am the in-breath and the out-breath of you. I am every sacred, intimate breath.
I am every one of your thoughts arising and dissolving in the vastness.
I am every feeling surging like a comet through the universal body.
I am sorrow. I am anger. I am fire. I am water.
I am always here, whether I am recognised or not.

I am the "Am" even when the I is not.
I am nothing and everything, nobody and everybody.
I am the murderer. The murderer says "I am".
I am the saint. The saint says "I am".
I am the prostitute. The prostitute says "I am".
I am the child. The child says "I am".
I am the scientist. The scientist says "I am".
I am the dying man. The dying man says "I am".

The story of "I" is always different, yes. That is my creativity.
But "Am" is always the same. AM. OM. That is my unchanging nature.

Do not seek me. Do not look for me in time. Do not be proud that you have found me. I am not your trophy. I am not food for your hungry ego. Simply admit that I am already here. Admit that I have always been here. And live your life as a constant remembrance of me. Devote yourself to the joy of being me. Let your life be your love song to me. Let your actions and words express me, bring me into form.

I hide in the universal "I" but really there is none. I am sneaky like that.

I am your deepest wisdom.

I was there at your birth.

And long before.

Do you remember?

- Jeff Foster

turiya

Re: I AM

Post by turiya » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:14 pm

Very nice! Thanks for sharing. :D
“We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived.” - Wei Wu Wei

Louis More

Post by Louis More » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:26 am

So beautiful, it really resonates with the teachings we talk about here.

Thanks

Enlightened2B

Post by Enlightened2B » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:26 pm

Another one today from Jeff Foster. You can feel the inclusiveness of this one, in the way holding has no agenda.

What we are, is this is open container for life itself.....experiencing via a human nervous system and body. We can never fully embody the depths of All that we truly are, while incarnate, but we can sure do our best to try to be as open as we can and maybe doing our best is enough in itself.

And to allow that openness to express through this human vehicle. Yes, we do have a choice in that. Without choice, there is no life. True non-duality is true unconditional love. Everything under the sun is included.

To truly BE.....my true nature....in a human body feels for me like a journey of opening up, more and more and more, the hinges loosen, and this tight door which used to contract so much, feels more and more loose to open, and to allow more and more light to come through.

A journey of blind faith at times and trust to know that it is actually safe TO open that door more and more (the door a metaphor perhaps for our tender human nervous systems, which can choose to allow more of who we are, or contract and allow less of who we are via the human body).

Of course the Light is always on, regardless, and always ever present, even when we are completely contracted in our bodies. And that too is equally perfect in itself.

But, to actually embody the light via our human organisms, is a different thing, because it's that which allows us to have an experience of moving towards, moving away from......To access compassion, curiosity and love in our human experience......

I'd love to make this thread an open sharing for anyone moving forward, with quotes relevant to this subject matter, and would love to hear even more so about how those quotes relate to your own personal experience.

Anyway, here's the quote from Jeff Foster:
The greatest gift you can offer anyone
is their complete freedom.

Freedom to love, to laugh, to cry,
to feel scared, angry, insecure,
full of doubt or full of joy.

To hold them in a safe and sacred space.

You don't exist to make anyone else happy.
But you can be present.
Present to their unhappiness, their excitement.
Present to the life that moves in them.

And you can invite them into a deeper Happiness.
The Happiness of Being itself.
The Happiness that holds them
exactly as they are.

The way you hold them now.

The way the ground holds the flowers, the trees, the great mountain ranges.

The way you were held as a little one.

And before the stars were born.

Jeff Foster

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:21 am

Lovely thread E2B.
To truly BE.....my true nature....in a human body feels for me like a journey of opening up, more and more and more, the hinges loosen, and this tight door which used to contract so much, feels more and more loose to open, and to allow more and more light to come through.

A journey of blind faith at times and trust to know that it is actually safe TO open that door more and more (the door a metaphor perhaps for our tender human nervous systems, which can choose to allow more of who we are, or contract and allow less of who we are via the human body).
^ Nice!
Those quotes made me think of Neale Donald Walsh's stuff on unconditional love, about it having no conditions, needs, or limitations in order to be expressed - and this part in particular - 'neither make a prison of your own devising in which you live a life you would not choose, in order that another may live a life that they do choose.'
When we realise we are our own 'keeper' and always have and have had the key, and in reality there is no thing to fear in being love - whatever the I am of it (or, as a friend would say --- there is no door) :idea: :shock: :D
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen

Enlightened2B

Post by Enlightened2B » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:15 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:21 am
Those quotes made me think of Neale Donald Walsh's stuff on unconditional love, about it having no conditions, needs, or limitations in order to be expressed - and this part in particular - 'neither make a prison of your own devising in which you live a life you would not choose, in order that another may live a life that they do choose.'
When we realise we are our own 'keeper' and always have and have had the key, and in reality there is no thing to fear in being love - whatever the I am of it (or, as a friend would say --- there is no door) :idea: :shock: :D
Thanks Jen. CWG books were eye openers for me few years back on relationships and inclusive love. Those are great pointers above. They feel light and resonant.

Of course, not always as easy to apply in the heat of our daily human experience....But we do our best.