One day you're up, one day you're down

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Danielnoy

One day you're up, one day you're down

Post by Danielnoy » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:38 pm

After a year of practicing awareness, in the last few weeks I've finally started to feel a true shift in my consciousness and was able to see things in a way I never imagined was possible.
But then one day I wake and feel like I'm back in square one.
What could be the reasons that I sometimes feel a regression in awareness without any apparent reason or dramatic event?

kiki

Re: One day you're up, one day you're down

Post by kiki » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:52 pm

This is very common, so I wouldn't worry about it. Cycling in and out will likely continue for some time because mind/ego is very adept at triggering slides back into ego identification. Gradually you will experience longer periods of clarity with fewer intrusions of mind. Learn to identify the unique ways this happens for you and then you can short-circuit slides into unnecessary thought-stream or reactive behaviors. It's very rare for someone to wake up and never get trapped by thinking and ego identification again. Remain free of judgment when it happens, and think of those instances as invitations to return to presence.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---