If Everyone is Awaken, Then What?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
bherenow

Post by bherenow » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:10 pm

It is not an important question, because the answer will unfold when (if) such a time comes, but I can't help wondering how life will be if everyone is conscious and present. What will happen to art, music, culture, ambition, etc..? I don't know for sure, but I wont be surprised if more than 90% of the music/literature/film out there is about lost love, anticipated love, hope about a better future, some drama, depression, etc. I cant even dare to imagine about comedy and humor, as almost every joke I remember, every comedy that made me laugh to tears is deeply rooted on the dysfunctional nature of our existence. Painting maybe the only art form that I can think of growing and flourishing from presence.

Will we become spiritual zombies walking around praising the NOW, singing about the NOW, satisfied with everything, annoyed with nothing, loving everything, expecting nothing, surprised by nothing, ..... harmless and helpful but ultimately boring beings?

Maybe it is just the ego that is coming up with reasons to assert that the world will never be free from it, but I want to hear your opinion about this.

Ziendus

Re: If Everyone is Awaken, Then What?

Post by Ziendus » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:11 pm

Then ..... beer, now !
---ooOoo---

SandyJoy

Post by SandyJoy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:24 pm

I don't think it will ever happen like that. As long as we are in this time-space-body-form 'world' there is going to be destruction and change. Everything in this time-space arena from birth to death is transient and ever changing. You know how they say the forest fire is what causes the new growth, the heat of the fire bursts the acorns open to reseed the forest. There is not one tangible thing that lasts forever.

We only learn how to live with those losses, seeing them from a greater understanding, knowing that in the Light of Truth, no one and nothing is really ever lost or harmed or destroyed. Awake, we know we live beyond time-space, and Reality is not ever destroyed nor does Reality, who we are, ever die.

But, in this time-space experience It's the conflicts that produce the 'rub' that gets us moving. Friction and action are entwined together. Rain causes the flowers to bloom, but it can also cause a lot of destruction. They say the struggle and fight of a butterfly to emerge from its cocoon is the very thing that stimulates its growth and ability to fly. I cannot think of one thing that does not need friction and opposition or contractions in order to be born.

Being 'awake' in this 'realm' of matter-time, we don't really change much; life goes on as always. We just understand a lot more, and that makes life a lot easier to live. We don't stop living, not while we are here in the body. In this dimension we call 'life' here on this 'planet' we do have an ego and it is for good reason. We do have bodies and we won't be without them and we still have to eat. The beauty is that we won't ever be without the desire to make things better, to create, to move on, to move upward toward the Light.

I doubt much would change except for the need of humanity for authoritarian governments and controlling religions.

Our Freedom would be individual and we take stake in our individuality and we would not be afraid of Life, and we would not be afraid to be our self-- that would be a BIG difference for all humanity. No more false authorities controlling others. That clarity of individual freedom would take down the governments and religions that use false power to control people.

Awakened, the individual would not be afraid, that would change everything; think about not being afraid of anything and then think about what you would be doing with your life right now while here in this 'time-space-objective' sense of experience. I think not being afraid is what being 'awake' would do for us. Not being afraid, we would not turn our Power over to others--- then see what kind of world we would live it.

You would be more likely to do what you are here to do, if that is to be a comedy writer then go for it!

Being awake does not destroy our ego, it actually enhances our ego to be more fully expanded in our View and knowing our real God-given Heartfelt Self in the world. Being awake just makes life more of an adventure, and we are not so afraid to live and be what ever we want to be. Awake we know how wonderful we are as individuals, with an ego that is unique in our own way. Knowing a little of the Truth of our real self only helps us to understood how perfect it is to have this sense of self here in this world. And to use this Self for the reasons we are given It and not be afrad to Be our Self. And being awake then we love our self, we love our self for the whole amazing wonder of our Self and that vision comes from loving the whole amazing wonder of everyone, and those we love and those we don't even know.

Happy New Year!
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.

snowheight

Post by snowheight » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:56 am

bherenow wrote:I cant even dare to imagine about comedy and humor, as almost every joke I remember, every comedy that made me laugh to tears is deeply rooted on the dysfunctional nature of our existence.
Deeply rooted in the observation on this nature. This whole complex of ideas about "awakening" or whatever has injected new meaning for my perspective into any piece of decent culture I've ever experienced ... I hear old songs, remember old movies, old books ... it's as if there was this message there all along, as if someone suddenly gave me the secret decoder ring from the box of cereal that I never even knew had anything but sugar 'cause I didn't watch the right cartoon on Saturday morning.

It seems to me that to be a productive artist is to simply be a spiritual teacher, whether one is intellectually conscious (either teacher or student) or not of what is transpiring. A real artist is someone who provides the same type of observation for all of the perspectives who come in contact with it collectively that we provide for "ourselves" when we watch the thinker.

As far as your wistful speculation about the fate of such media ... I think that in this you underestimate the profound depth of the human condition -- I mean, I can even project with you to some time and place where there are no apparent individuals suffering from false identification. Even then, change happens.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.

bf2

Post by bf2 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:01 pm

bherenow
Nobody can answer that question. It's a bit like asking the stone age man what the world would be like in 2011.

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:30 am

snowheight wrote: ... it's as if there was this message there all along, as if someone suddenly gave me the secret decoder ring from the box of cereal that I never even knew had anything but sugar 'cause I didn't watch the right cartoon on Saturday morning.
...LOL Great example!
Take what you like and leave the rest.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:52 pm

Creation continues - conscious rather than unconscious.

Your question is indicative of an exclusively physical human perspective. But when a greater awakening comes, a more spiritual dimension of life prevails. This question takes on a whole new context when considered from a greater life perspective. As life is eternal, it is in a never ending expansion of evolution. Once the challenges of one context are explored and integrated, a whole new set of contrasts unfold offering new challenges and resulting growth.

Hasn't this been the experience of even this single human experience from childhood to present? We experience challenges, we learn, we integrate, and we start anew from a greater understanding. There are cycles within cycles in the evolution of consciousness.

WW