Is the following endevour justified?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Rick

Re: Is the following endevour justified?

Post by Rick » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:45 pm

What I hear in Ervin's conversation is the need to be loved and accepted, and it seems he has concluded that the love of fellow like-minded inmates in captivity is better than the scorn of society in freedom.

What he doesn't know yet is that the Love and Forgiveness that surpasses the entire world is already here for Him, within His Heart. And that even if He were a leper, out-cast from the world forever, Who and What He is within the deformed, contagious body, is as Sparkling and Beautiful as any other Child of God.

He doesn't remember that he was once an innocent little child full of Light and Love until somebody corrupted him with un-love and abuse, and that His own unforgiveness toward his corruptors is what has perverted his growth and turned Him into someone He was never meant to be. He didn't know how to defend Himself against the world and in hating so became unlove too...became something He was not. He doesn't know that who He seems to have become is not who He really is at all. He doesn't realize that deep within, hidden underneath His angry, negative thinking He is still a Beautiful Child waiting to unfold, and that it is not too late to return to His birthright and heritage, and that once He does, there is nothing the world can do to take away the Peace and Joy that will always remain, no matter what the circumstance in the world, not even if nailed to a cross in hatred.

Ervin, forget the world, neither its love nor its hate, for neither is going to do you any real good. Not the authorities, nor the inmates of like nature are going to help you unless they point you toward your Truest Self within. Learn to be still of mind, stop reacting to the world, inside and out, and your True Self will see to it that the false self will dry up and blow away in the wind. You will be left with Union with Love, where you have always been Loved, and where you will be important and useful, because Love is like that, it will make use of any vehicle, in any circumstance, to shine the Light into the world, and bring healing to even the darkest circumstance.
Last edited by Rick on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daily life IS spiritual exercise.

SandyJoy

Post by SandyJoy » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:13 pm

Dear Rick :D

I am clapping my hands in Childlike Joy!! What a lovely and honest statement of the Truth!

You have given us a Glimmer of The Light! Pure, Simple, Clear, Unpretentious Truth! You got It--The Child Lives!

Thank you so very much! SandyJoy
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:19 am

Ervin, I understand the notions you're embroiled in, including the false labelling by the law and others regarding your crimes and punishment. It has been our society's response to the public perceptions of one brush suits all, and it is a wide brush indeed.

Many a law has been found to be unjust in a set of circumstances and some changed by folks standing up against them. I think of the whole historical Toonen case based on a law prohibiting consensual male gay sex and Toonen taking it all the way to the High Court to have these laws repealed in order to restore his human rights as we were signatores to international treaties. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toonen_v._Australia

But, is that what you are doing?
Are you going to take the whole system and conditions of the sex offender register to task legally?
If so, sincerely good luck with that. The courage needed to do that would be huge. It would hit immense barriers of prejudice and absolutely tap into the fears associated with criminal sexual behaviours.

Or, are you deciding which path is the one of least pain and resistance in your circumstances?
If so I would seriously reconsider, as freedom, even restricted freedom, is precious.

Either way only you can decide if it's justified and if and how you are willing to move in your choices of action.

It's a can of worms no doubt. If you are challenging the restrictions I do hope you have a solid legal team supporting you.

You are right to point out you are being unfairly judged and restricted for crimes you didn't commit - by midnight and no doubt others, it certainly goes against the notions of you've done the crime, done the time for the ones you did commit, but how do you suggest our society should handle these situations?

How can a society know the situations that a situational offender will feel the need to disrespect the rights of others in order to have their rights/needs met? Is it wrong for them to try to protect the more vulnerable in our society (ie children) by having those who have shown low self control restricted in their movements and situations? Please understand here I am not saying you have or would hurt children, but how can the courts know who would or wouldn't? The point under consideration by the court is also not that you would or wouldn't, but that you have shown lack of self control and respect for the rights of others in situations in the past. They assume most adults can to a greater or lesser degree take care of themself and read situations better than young people can, by their very immaturity. In some cases it is more about protecting the young people from themself - their very by nature immaturity that may lead them into situations they cannot handle.

It is a huge can of worms indeed. Maybe it is a discussion our society needs to have. Intrinsically the sexual offender register does not distinguish between situational and opportunistic/habitual/compulsive sexual offenders and more often than not it doesn't stop the latter while branding the former for a lifetime.

It did concern me that you are not taking into account your other criminal behaviours that also suggest a pattern of a lack of regard for the rights of others. These are the sorts of things the courts take into account when they determine the level of self control and responsibility they are willing to gamble on out in society.

They can only see a pattern of behaviour escalating into more violent responses in situations not to your liking.
However you play this out - with love & compassion for all concerned, showing deep and honest regard for the rights of others or reacting in fear/anger/offendedness focussing only on your own needs, will determine how able they are to balance your needs for freedom and acceptance, and society's needs for at least a sense of security for the vulnerable.

Be kind to you.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com

Ervin

Post by Ervin » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:31 am

Peace.

I am going to fight this injustice by peacefull means with or without the suport of any of you. And yes I do have a good legal team already engaged. I am not a dangeour to children and I am not going to conform to the laws that treat me like I am. I am ready to go as far as Socrates did.

Thanks

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:49 am

Well then, that is a process I will watch with interest Ervin (sincerely).

Have you given any consideration to the questions above, about how society and particularly the courts can improve the system?

If you give a person a better wheel, rather than disparaging their wonky one, they're more likely to listen to you. :wink:

... (as an aside) Last night I was watching a truly horrific documentary about protesters, including children, being tortured and killed in Syria, this morning I drove past a very elderly couple standing quietly on a footpath with a banner protesting about the possible moving of a children's hospital in my city. They were so placid, so unoffending, so unafraid to state their protest. The two situations (Syria & here) could not be further from each other, we do live in a democracy Ervin, may your voice be heard.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen

Ervin

Post by Ervin » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:29 am

Yesterday, while reading A New Earth again I realised that I should accept and surender whenever I can so I sent an email to the detective who is my case manager and I told him that I will comply with the register. I believe in Eckharts teachings and its about time I start practising them.

I like all of Eckharts books very much and he us I believe corect in saying that if you fight and win fir instance the fight woukd have just mive to something else. I wouldnt say that you should never resist anyone in anything but wherever you can not and whete aprooriate you should not resist!

Thoughts

snowheight

Post by snowheight » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:54 am

Ervin wrote:Thoughts
Is gratitude a thought? ... yeah I guess it is. Thanks for keeping us updated Ervin.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.

Ziendus

Post by Ziendus » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:09 am

Man's motivations are not his own.
---ooOoo---

Ervin

Post by Ervin » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:42 am

Mens motivation is whatever he choses and or believes it to be.

Thanks

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:57 am

((Ervin))

I love the story of the wrongly accused monk in A New Earth - his response of 'is that so?' and letting it unfold is a very powerful one.

May peace be with you Ervin.

Ziendus

Post by Ziendus » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:23 am

Hi Ervin,

Ervin:
> Mens motivation is whatever he choses and or believes it to be.

Yes, thats a way of putting it.
But the input for believe and choice is given.
The capacity for believe and choice also.

Cheerio,
Marcel.
---ooOoo---

Ervin

Post by Ervin » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:24 am

I must say that i feel good now. I am not concerned with any monitoring of my self by the police. My criminal history of violence against men and sexual offending against women does not bother me any more( I have more history of criminal offending just to mention). I have dissolved/eliminated any fears I might have had.

I suppose since I am 34 years old I still have time to enjoy life to its fullest(legally that is)

I feel good and thank you for your support!

c_stubz

Post by c_stubz » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:53 pm

exactly midnight made this topic so relevant.

Ervin

Post by Ervin » Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:09 pm

Stubs, I am generally just interested in peace and in having a good life. When the time comes to make final choice I should choose peace and I suppose my actions now should reflect that as much as I have the discipline to do what brings peace and harmony in me and around.

Thanks

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:52 pm

Ervin wrote:Stubs, I am generally just interested in peace and in having a good life. When the time comes to make final choice I should choose peace and I suppose my actions now should reflect that as much as I have the discipline to do what brings peace and harmony in me and around.

Thanks
Ervin, I commend your interests. I suspect it is a far better approach to life than many others. To that end, I suggest that a clear perception of your emotions are a valuable guide to maintaining that peace. When you feel out of sorts, your emotions are telling you that you are in resistance to the issues and conditions at hand. Resistance to experience is not a path to a happy life. So when troublesome emotions do arise be prepared to make peace with what is, especially if there is nothing you can do about it. And if there is something you can do, the wiser choice will be a good deal clearer when you are free of the resistance.

WW