Abraham and The Power of Now

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
smiileyjen101

Re: Abraham and The Power of Now

Post by smiileyjen101 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:52 am

KM, can you espouse your standing under of 'delusion'

cheers Jen
Basically, i see the spirit as a sport. I think Maharaj said that, and by spirit, I mean the individual soul or we could just say person. I'm a mystical traveller as some of you know and in my travels I've engaged with various energies about various things. One of these mentioned something to me once, and if there is indeed a contract in place, I havent been holding up my end of the bargain, and I know it.

So, the truth of the matter is, I could find out if soul contracts exist if i wanted to. I just havent wanted to hehe. I'll keep you posted.
For me there can be 'imbalance' in attention to either/or the physical and the spiritual. For me 'non-dual' takes away the separation of them, rather than denying one or the other. (at least that's my take... if I'm wrong, I'm probably in the wrong place lol!)

Obviously being a slacko in your part of the bargain is 'niggling'. This is an interesting nudge, and I've had a few, some did involve kicking and screaming, denying the ability to respond to the opportunities as they presented and one or two very startling 'reminders'. As always though... no choice is wrong, it just brings a different experience.

What I've found is that it starts as a niggle, for me this resonates in my gut, can move into shoves into 'opportunities' - situations where you do have absolute choice whether to employ fear/separation or love/compassion/ faith in the unfolding/letting go, and sometimes if still ignored it ends up with a great big whack over the head with a lump of wet clay - where you all but have no choice. That's how I've described it in a book I'm writing. It has a resonance that bridges physical/spiritual 'boundaries'.

I have a 'huge' one that has been explained to me in two ways - one in a direct experience with the 'other' in the contract and then later explained in a session with a channeler that was accurate beyond doubt - a key for me was not just 'what' was said, but the 'resonance' of it.

You can argue all you like, you can even want to pee your pants... but it's already in motion (hahaha prob not the
right word when I'm talking about bodily functions)

later edit: actually... it IS the right word!! It IS gonna come out one way or the other!
The ancient Chinese Tzu Wei has a different explanation of physical/form & spiritual actions in harmony. they call it the Heavenly Stem (from which or through which it/creation flows) and the Earthly Branch where we 'conduit' through our selections in experience. the understanding of heavenly stem is it WILL happen, Earthly branch 'matter' MAY happen depending on roads you choose, selections you make etc etc - bit like having the necessary 'genes' for the predispostion a thing but other influences & choices affect whether or not it manifests, whereas some other things determine absolutely into form THAT a thing will happen with or without your interference.
eg: You MAY have the genetic predisposition towards alcoholism - but if you never drink alcohol it won't manifest vs the genetic predisposition to have red hair, which no matter what you do or don't do will BE.

Contracts on an Earthly/physical realm MAY emerge. Contracts of the spiritual realm WILL emerge - the how, when, why, etc is not set in concrete but will continually rise as 'opportunities'.

Awareness amd conscious response relieves spiritual constipation.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com

the key master

Post by the key master » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:00 am

Webwanderer wrote:Where the hell is the key master, and who is posting under his name????

KM, I read both of Michael Newton's books and found them quite informative. My perspective on soul contracts and the general goings on in life beyond the physical, does not come exclusively from hypnosis subjects such as Newtons that may represent delusional responses (although such could be the case), but with the consistency of the responses over many scores of clients. What is the likelihood that so many could be similarly delusional?

WW
LOL. Well yea, what i was saying was that I dont take empirical evidence as fact, but that I take it into consideration. How many of Newton's, or any other past life regression therapists' clients are sitting in that chair to resolve potential unconsciousness from past lives? In contrast, how many are there to confirm that life after death exists and find comfort or safety in the idea of reincarnation, or perhaps more so, further enhance the already illusory sense of self with a hocus pocus story from another life? Unconscious mind is prone to suggestion, and unconscious therapists are prone to suggest when there is an unconscious self interest in doing so. I'm not saying this is the case across the board, just throwing that variable into the mix of empirical data.
Add to that the consistency of many others from multiple, totally independent, sources and lines of exploration, and you get a level of credibility worthy of consideration. NDE, OBE, channeling and hypnotherapy all seem to offer similar reports on the nature of non-physical reality. Even quantum physics is offering support in some intersting ways.
Yea sure. I've had OBE's and LBL's and past life regression so we could throw my account into the mix of empirical data taken with a grain of salt as its someone else's experience and not your own. The reason I don't talk so much about these experiences has more to do with the fact they are experiences, dualistic in nature and not ultimately real, and its identification with the separate entity moving through an imaginary realm of time which tends to cause the suffering thang. More on this shortly in response to jen's post. Later dudes

the key master

Post by the key master » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:36 am

jen said,
KM, can you espouse your standing under of 'delusion'
Yea, and I'm going to layer into this is if you wouldnt mind. An incomplete definition of delusion would be a belief in something which isn't true. The reason its incomplete is because I don't know any human being, deluded or otherwise, that doesnt think and emote like a human being. By pretty much all accounts I believe the sun's going to come up tomorrow. This isn't to say I know it will or that the entire planet might not get wiped out tomorrow, but the way I'm going about my day now is as if I believe this small relative truth. So, we see this line, that gets so fuckin skewed by non dual peeps, that we are walking, a line between the fact that nothing we can think is ultimately true, and the experiential truth that each mind is geared up to believe certain things on the relative level.

So, for our purposes here, we have to add something to this definition. How about, a belief in something which isn't true which causes mind to split itself? Ok, now we are getting somewhere, we are talking about a belief which causes the thinking mind to gear up against itself. We see this amongst the non dual peeps as ego trying to get rid of ego, which requires an already existing split to even happen in the first place. We see it amongst addicts who delude themselves that they want to quit doing something when they clearly dont want to quit. We see it with spiritual practitioners who delude themselves that they dont want their own thinking mind to be thinking thoughts when they clearly do want to be thinking thoughts.

There is a very strong emotional component to the giraffes which formulate and go unnoticed in the thinking mind. So, there are the giraffes which appear in the form of unconscious projection, self seeking, grandiose fantasy, and depressed thoughts on the surface, and the source of these thoughts actually stems from conflicts being harbored internally. So, to get to the internal conflicts, to become conscious of the fuel for the unconsciousness, we can also talk about deluded mechanical tendencies, and this is where very few people seem interested in learning. Noticing a giraffe over and over and over isnt going to do anything to get to the artistic inspiration for the giraffe. Noticing the tendency to repress feelings as they arise, and then reversing that tendency on the other hand, would. So, along some lines I say enlightenment is the end of the tendency to repress anything, or the unrepressed state. But then that gets turned into an ideology by the unconscious mind through a lack of censorship and a deluded belief that the world is an illusion and anyone can do whatever they want without consequences, which as life could teach, aint eggzakly true. So there really has to be a strong integrity we bring to the table, a willingness to dismantle any new pockets of self protection which pop up as we learn new things (i wrote poop up ha!). I think Tolle said ego is a bit like the terminator, the one that can transmute in liquid form and bring itself back together and stuff like this, and so we can see what he's pointing to. Its not to hate on ego, but just point out the strong tendency for unconscious mind to want to stay unconscious, and avoiding learning about unconscious mechanics is one way mind goes about doing so. This is why the process can be better facilitated by the desire to do it for someone else as opposed to yourself, a loved one, a child, a partner. The desire to be an enlightened being or separate self doesnt take you to enlightenment, although it might take you to a nice blinged out mind state. The desire to be not unconscious is the one which works.

the key master

Post by the key master » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:46 am

jen said,
For me there can be 'imbalance' in attention to either/or the physical and the spiritual. For me 'non-dual' takes away the separation of them, rather than denying one or the other. (at least that's my take... if I'm wrong, I'm probably in the wrong place lol!)

Obviously being a slacko in your part of the bargain is 'niggling'. This is an interesting nudge, and I've had a few, some did involve kicking and screaming, denying the ability to respond to the opportunities as they presented and one or two very startling 'reminders'. As always though... no choice is wrong, it just brings a different experience.

What I've found is that it starts as a niggle, for me this resonates in my gut, can move into shoves into 'opportunities' - situations where you do have absolute choice whether to employ fear/separation or love/compassion/ faith in the unfolding/letting go, and sometimes if still ignored it ends up with a great big whack over the head with a lump of wet clay - where you all but have no choice. That's how I've described it in a book I'm writing. It has a resonance that bridges physical/spiritual 'boundaries'.

I have a 'huge' one that has been explained to me in two ways - one in a direct experience with the 'other' in the contract and then later explained in a session with a channeler that was accurate beyond doubt - a key for me was not just 'what' was said, but the 'resonance' of it.

You can argue all you like, you can even want to pee your pants... but it's already in motion (hahaha prob not the
right word when I'm talking about bodily functions)

later edit: actually... it IS the right word!! It IS gonna come out one way or the other!
The ancient Chinese Tzu Wei has a different explanation of physical/form & spiritual actions in harmony. they call it the Heavenly Stem (from which or through which it/creation flows) and the Earthly Branch where we 'conduit' through our selections in experience. the understanding of heavenly stem is it WILL happen, Earthly branch 'matter' MAY happen depending on roads you choose, selections you make etc etc - bit like having the necessary 'genes' for the predispostion a thing but other influences & choices affect whether or not it manifests, whereas some other things determine absolutely into form THAT a thing will happen with or without your interference.
eg: You MAY have the genetic predisposition towards alcoholism - but if you never drink alcohol it won't manifest vs the genetic predisposition to have red hair, which no matter what you do or don't do will BE.

Contracts on an Earthly/physical realm MAY emerge. Contracts of the spiritual realm WILL emerge - the how, when, why, etc is not set in concrete but will continually rise as 'opportunities'.

Awareness amd conscious response relieves spiritual constipation.
I didnt mention i liked all this, got absorbed in that first question hehe...

Donna

Post by Donna » Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:50 pm

the key master wrote:
LOL. Well yea, what i was saying was that I dont take empirical evidence as fact, but that I take it into consideration. How many of Newton's, or any other past life regression therapists' clients are sitting in that chair to resolve potential unconsciousness from past lives? In contrast, how many are there to confirm that life after death exists and find comfort or safety in the idea of reincarnation, or perhaps more so, further enhance the already illusory sense of self with a hocus pocus story from another life? Unconscious mind is prone to suggestion, and unconscious therapists are prone to suggest when there is an unconscious self interest in doing so. I'm not saying this is the case across the board, just throwing that variable into the mix of empirical data.
smiileyjen101 wrote: Add to that the consistency of many others from multiple, totally independent, sources and lines of exploration, and you get a level of credibility worthy of consideration. NDE, OBE, channeling and hypnotherapy all seem to offer similar reports on the nature of non-physical reality. Even quantum physics is offering support in some intersting ways.
the key master wrote:Yea sure. I've had OBE's and LBL's and past life regression so we could throw my account into the mix of empirical data taken with a grain of salt as its someone else's experience and not your own. The reason I don't talk so much about these experiences has more to do with the fact they are experiences, dualistic in nature and not ultimately real, and its identification with the separate entity moving through an imaginary realm of time which tends to cause the suffering thang. More on this shortly in response to jen's post. Later dudes
Interesting how we get introduced to ideas/concepts in the first place. Some yes, may originate within us, later only to be voiced in similar or exact(?) same manner by someone else (that big YES! that happens in me when I recognize this happening). Would we call that 'validation'? I'm not into validating myself or proving the yes's, yet the feeling of something 'collective' happening and revealing itself in front of me also inspires me to investigate further. The emphasized quote by keymaster is 'key' (heh) in how we go forward with allowing the engraving of those patterns the brain so often craves (and really designed to do). And I view 'therapists' as...reiki masters, shaman 'practitioners', reconnective healing 'practitioners', authors of spiritual teaching etc etc... One needs to be careful of whose experience their actually wanting to experience...is it their own or do they want to slap onto themselves what someone else thinks 'the' experience should be? Thus why I'm not really into the "Law of this and Law of that..."

Having said all that, I gotta say the synchronistic events, which have uncannily been placed right in front of me in a particular order, leaves me in wonderment and awe. It could be that if I came across the LoA before understanding what I perceive now, I may have attached myself to those ideas. Yet, I may be living/using them anyway without the labels of what that is.

We can reaffirm or dig a patterned trail into our brains by refusing or not seeing opportunities right in front of us if we hold too firmly to a particular position or viewpoint. We can create a detour once in awhile only to come back to that same exact trail. Or we can jump off that trail, bushwack a bit and create an entirely new trail. How cool is that? Some may not be into bushwacking since, at times, it takes heavy use with a machete... :-)
~*~*~*~* I love to live and live to love. *~*~*~*~

SandyJoy

Post by SandyJoy » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:55 pm

Yes, there really no difference between "out there" and "within" --- It's all My Self.
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:01 am

Just quickly at the moment Donna, you may have attributed one of Webby's musings to me.. I 'may' have said that lol so as long as webby doesn't mind I'm okay with it, but just in the interests of hmmm authenticity.
KM, delusion = a belief in something which isn't true which causes mind to split itself?
I like your musings up there KM, thanks for explaining your pov - sometimes in the contexts it 'could' be picked up as a put down / shut down, but I 'get' it.
hmm now I need to explain that I understand that in communicating the 'value' of a word relies more on the perception of receiver, while the intention of it and the true 'value' of it comes solely from the sender, which is why I asked you to clarify your standing under of it. thanks again.

KM have you read the Neale Donald Walsch story 'Little soul and the sun'? I know I got caned because its a 'parable' but the resonances of it are pure light.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen

the key master

Post by the key master » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:50 am

donna said,
One needs to be careful of whose experience their actually wanting to experience...is it their own or do they want to slap onto themselves what someone else thinks 'the' experience should be? Thus why I'm not really into the "Law of this and Law of that..."
Thats good stuff. The same sorta thing happens with the big non dual teachers. They talk about transcending the story or separate self, and then people go vesting in the teachers' story of separate self. "Oh Maharshi lived out in the mountains and ate bugs, he was so beyond the world." "Oh, Tolle is so present all the time, he never thinks when he's not teaching." And its like, ehm, something apparently isn't getting through. In some ways, many spiritual seekers "trade up" when they find a guru they like and a new story they can project into future and run their little booties after.

the key master

Post by the key master » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:58 am

smiiley said,
I like your musings up there KM, thanks for explaining your pov - sometimes in the contexts it 'could' be picked up as a put down / shut down, but I 'get' it
Yes shutting down the mind identification.
hmm now I need to explain that I understand that in communicating the 'value' of a word relies more on the perception of receiver, while the intention of it and the true 'value' of it comes solely from the sender, which is why I asked you to clarify your standing under of it. thanks again.
Ar ghirs sabodishod. (dont mention it)
KM have you read the Neale Donald Walsch story 'Little soul and the sun'? I know I got caned because its a 'parable' but the resonances of it are pure light.
No but i've heard of it. Apart from internet forums I dont do much reading these days. In terms of parabalesque books i really liked Herman Hesse's Siddhartha. Those sorts of books are good because anyone can read em.

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:15 am

If Mohammed won't go to the mountain, then the mountain will come to Mohammed :wink:
The Little Soul and the Sun
This parable is taken from the book Conversations with God

Author: Neale Donald Walsch

Part 1

There once was a soul who knew itself to be the light. This was a new soul and so, anxious for experience.

"I am the light" it said. "I am the light"

Yet all the knowing of it and all the saying of it, could not substitute for the experience of it. And in the realm from which this soul emerged, there was nothing but the light. Every soul was grand and every soul was magnificent and every soul shone with the brilliance of God's awesome light. So the little soul was as a candle in the sun. In the midst of the grandest light, of which it was part, it could not see itself, nor experience itself as Who and What it really is.

Now it came to pass that this soul yearned and yearned to know itself. So great was it's yearning that God one day said, "Do you know little one, what you must do to satisfy this yearning of yours?"

"Oh, what, God? What? I'll do anything!" the little soul said.

"You must separate yourself from the rest of us" God answered, "and then you must call upon yourself the darkness"

"What is the darkness, o Holy One?" the little soul asked.

"That which you are not" God replied and the soul understood.

And so this the soul did, removing itself from the ' All ' going even unto another realm. And in this realm the soul had the power to call into it's experience all sorts of darkness. And this it did.

Yet in the midst of all the darkness did it cry out, "Father, Father, why hast thou forsaken me?"

God replied: "Even has have you, in your blackest times. Yet I have never forsaken you, but stand by you always, ready to remind you of Who You Really Are; ready always ready, to call you home.

Therefore be a light unto the darkness and curse it not. And forget not who you are in the moment of your encirclement by that which you are not. But do praise to the creation even as you seek to change it.

And know that what you do in the time of your greatest trial can be your greatest triumph.

For the experience you create is a statement of Who You Are - and Who You Want to Be.

Part 2

God said to the little soul, "You may choose to be any Part of God you wish to be. You are absolute divinity experiencing itself. What aspect of divinity do you now wish to experience as You?"

"You mean I have a choice", asked the little soul.

God answered, "Yes. You may choose to experience any aspect of divinity in, as and through you."

"Okay," said the little soul, "then I choose forgiveness. I want to experience myself as that aspect of God called complete forgiveness."

Well this created a little challenge, as you can imagine. There was no one to forgive. All God had created was perfection and love.

"No one to forgive?" asked the little soul, somewhat incredulously.

"No one," God repeated. "Look around you. Do you see any souls less than perfect, less wonderful than you?"

At this the little soul twirled around and was surprised to see himself surrounded by all the souls in heaven. They had come from far and wide throughout the kingdom, because they heard that the little soul was having an extraordinary conversation with God.

"I see none less perfect than I!" the little soul exclaimed. "Who, then, shall I have to forgive?"

Just then another soul stepped forward from the crowd.

"You may forgive me" said this friendly soul

"For what?" the little soul asked.

" I will come into your next physical lifetime and do something for you to forgive," replied the friendly soul.

"But what? What could you, a being of such perfect light do to make me want to forgive you?" the little soul wanted to know.

"Oh," smiled the friendly soul, "I'm sure we can think of something."

"But why would you want to do this?" The little soul could not figure out why a being of such perfection would want to slow down it's vibration so much that it could do something 'bad'.

"Simple," the friendly soul explained, "I would do it because I love you. You want to experience yourself as forgiving, don't you? Besides you've done the same for me."

"I have?" asked the little soul.

"Of course, don't you remember? We've been All of it, you and I. We've been the Up and the Down of it, and the Left and the Right of it. We've been the Here and the There of it, and the Now and the Then of it. We've been the Big and the Small of it, the Male and the Female of it and the Good and the Bad of it. We've been the All of it."

"And we've done it by agreement, so that each of us might experience ourselves as the grandest part of God. For we have understood that...

'In the absence of that which You Are Not, that which you Are, is Not'.

'In the absence of cold you cannot be warm, in the absence of sad you cannot be happy. Without a thing called evil, the experience you call good cannot exist'.

'If you choose to be a thing, something or someone opposite to that has to show up somewhere in your universe to make that possible.' "

The friendly soul then explained that those people are God's Special Angels and these conditions God's Gifts.

"I ask only one thing in return," the friendly soul declared.

"Anything, Anything," the little soul cried. He was excited now to know that he could experience every divine aspect of God. He understood now, The Plan.

"In the moment that I strike you and smite you," said the friendly soul, "in the moment that I do the worst to you that you could ever imagine - in that self same moment...remember Who I Really Am."

"Oh, I won’t forget!" promised the little soul. "I will see you in the perfection with which I hold you now, and I will remember Who You Are, always."

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:24 am

The more 'layers' of form and illusion we cover ourselves in, the more 'density' we create in and of our vibration, and the more likely we are to 'forget' both who we really are, and who others really are.

The relating (oneness) I saw/felt in the light between my friend and her murderer - egads they were all but laughing at me.. at my 'outrage' at my 'notfairness' of my judgements etc was 'this'.
This purety of resonance, absolutely purity of okayness, absolute absolute absolute love - any and all of my protestations burst like a bubble in the face of it.

But it's not just 'big ticket items' it's not just your family, friends, lovers etc it is every single encounter. If you knew how precious every single encounter is, you would never 'day dream' your way through life again. You would 'pay attention' you would 'feel the resonances' you would consciously select options, you would look into the eyes of every stranger and every feeling knowing ... like you it is on its way back to source.

This is why there are no such things as 'coincidences'.

the key master

Post by the key master » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:14 pm

smiiley said,
If Mohammed won't go to the mountain, then the mountain will come to Mohammed
Well since you put it on an internet forum i'll take it. It was a nice parable. :P
But it's not just 'big ticket items' it's not just your family, friends, lovers etc it is every single encounter. If you knew how precious every single encounter is, you would never 'day dream' your way through life again. You would 'pay attention' you would 'feel the resonances' you would consciously select options, you would look into the eyes of every stranger and every feeling knowing ... like you it is on its way back to source.
So separation is the case, or are you telling another story? The idea that there are separate parts which are going to one day come back together sounds like an awfully divisive idea...

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:20 pm

So separation is the case, or are you telling another story? The idea that there are separate parts which are going to one day come back together sounds like an awfully divisive idea...
Do you mean the parable or my excited musing?

the key master

Post by the key master » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:57 pm

smiileyjen101 wrote:
Do you mean the parable or my excited musing?
Your musings. :mrgreen:

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:23 pm

It's all relative :? on so many exponential layers.
Think of your encounter with the old man you met on your walk near the river.
In fact, every encounter.