On Thoughts and Free Will

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
SandyJoy

Re: On Thoughts and Free Will

Post by SandyJoy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:41 am

Webwanderer wrote:I really enjoyed SandyJoy's post. So very appropriate to perceiving the feeling of the awakening experience. Thanks Sandy, for the many beautiful metaphors. Warning! I may steal some of them for future reference.

Rick, if there is a point of distinction (and Sandy likely has it right), it would be at the point one realizes, in wordless thoughtless awareness, the adopted nature of the illusory thought created perspective. This is so because a clear distinction can only be seen/felt from the perspective of one's True Nature. Analysis is useful only so far. At some point - unique to each of us - is the experience of a shift in perception. I could come in a flash, but more likely like the dawn. The path to that realization is through a genuine desire for truth and clarity, and a willingness to sacrifice one's current point of view as it feels warranted.

WW
You are welcome to use anything I write, as you like. All words belong to the Infinite Awareness You Are :D

"At some point - unique to each of us - is the experience of a shift in perception.
I could come in a flash, but more likely like the dawn."

That is true; The glimmers and insights, the understandings seem to come in flashes---but the 'transformation' is very much like a dawning. The New Light just sort of 'becomes" us without even knowing anything is becoming. Then, somewhere along the way you just realize you feel different, you just know--- the old burdens and worries are gone, things become easier.

It is like dawn. And It is still dawning.

We don't stop growing even when we have made this shift or transition---It's sort of a marvelous 'metamorphosis" and we keep growing.

Kind of like being a worm and then turning into a butterfly, but the butterfly keeps growing, exploring, flitting around, smelling the flowers and doing what butterflies do.

Anyway, I like your more 'intellectual" way with words. It balances my poetic emotional heart stuff. :D

Makes it well rounded, as they say. 8)
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.

Rick

Post by Rick » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Webwanderer wrote:
Rick, if there is a point of distinction (and Sandy likely has it right), it would be at the point one realizes, in wordless thoughtless awareness, the adopted nature of the illusory thought created perspective. This is so because a clear distinction can only be seen/felt from the perspective of one's True Nature.
WW
Webwanderer wrote:I could come in a flash, but more likely like the dawn.
WW and SandyJoy, For me it happened one day while walking the beach in San Diego in 2007. I took a job there to open a west coast division of an east coast auction company. I was utterly alone and anonymous for the first time in my life and was enjoying it immensely. But if at the time you had asked me what was non-duality, or what abiding in Awareness meant, or, what was, as Jesus speaks about, returning as a little Child or any such thing, I would have said "Beats me, what is it?" Anyway, I was walking the beach one afternoon when I was suddenly struck with a kind of "remembrance". I remembered/felt vividly the very first moment I became aware that I existed. I was very young standing inside my crib holding the rail. looking into the room, seeing the furniture, the linoleum floor, the bright sunshine poring into the room, windows open with long sheer curtains blowing gently in a soft warm breeze. And I remembered pondering wordlessly, because I didn't know any words, didn't have any word thoughts...What is the place? Who Am I? and "What is that stain on the linoleum floor?" I was recalling/remembering/re-experiencing Pure Presence, to be Purely Aware, to be the Pure Present Awareness prior to learning words or being conditioned with words, ideas, concepts, beliefs, cultural norms etc. I knew again my I AM. It didn't last long but I have never forgotten the sense of I AM it repawoke in me. Soon after this that I was introduced to Tolle and a whole series of Teachers, including William Samuel and Jeff Foster who both speak of the Child Within, that I resonate with and recognise as Knowing as I Know.

But the point is that the "Feeling"/Illumination/Re-cognition of Who I AM came back all at once, and completely, in a flash. It was as if Grace pulled back the curtain and in an instanr showed me exactly Who I AM but had "forgotten". It was joyous and magnificent, still is, but it would be a slower process of establishment in and as The Child, as there would be, and still is, the matter of disentanglement with ingrained and habitual identification with mind and thought. This, I believe, is one of the purposes of linear Time....to grow and become firmly (re)established in our True, but forgotten Self once Grace has awakened remembrance.

WW,

In doing research on the Law of Attraction in general yesterday I found a Tolle interview where he speaks to it. I also found that Andy posted this same interview on this forum back in January of this year and quite the discussion took place there from. In that discussion you answered many of my present questions most clearly and succinctly, so I will not need to ask you any more about it.

The only thing I would like to say is that in that interview I very much appreciated Tolle speaking of the two kinds of co-creation/manisfestation that can occur. The first being an outward Creation that comes from the Fullness of Being that Lacks nothing as It Is already Everything. It was interesting to note that that kind of manifestation, like Tolles books to the world, like the multiplying of the fish and bread, or the turning of water into wine, or the healing of sickness or the raising of the dead as Jesus did, or Buddha, cleaning the well water or commanding the waters to recede and such, were always for the sake of others, or for the sake of magnifying Source. The other co-creation that can clearly happen according to Tolle is creation/manifestation out of lack of Fullness, egoic need or self-centered desire for more.

Tolle: "You can create a structure that is helpful but there’s that (egoic) desire to acquire something. Some people who are very much in the egoic consciousness don’t see it so much as giving from your treasure and then creating something. You must, to some extent, have gone beyond ego if the creation comes through the fullness that you sense inside you, and from there you can truly create. In the egoic consciousness, they are also very interested in the world of form, but the egoic consciousness does not come so much from wanting to give, but wanting to have. So the ego goes, “What can I get?” and from Presence, when you participate in the creation, it’s more “What can I give birth to?” – that’s the difference"

WW, Tolle points to the very same problem I see in the Abraham-Hicks and LoA crowd. In everything I have seen or read, it is unhappy, unfulfilled people wanting/desiring more or something new for themselves, in the name of Consciousness wanting to experience of course. But where does it end? Where is the Fulfilment of True Unity of Self with Self. Where comes the Fullness that can give out of Its Eternal, Overflowing Abundance?

Jesus said that anyone who drinks the spiritual waters He gives would never lack or thirst. He was pointing to the fact that Salvation/Enlightenment is Union with the All and the All Lacks for nothing. How could it?

Mat 6:28 “And why are you worried about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, 29yet I say to you that not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. 30“But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more clothe you? You of little faith! 31“Do not worry then, saying, ‘What will we eat?’ or ‘What will we drink?’ or ‘What will we wear for clothing?’ 32“For the Gentiles eagerly seek all these things; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33“But seek first Kingdom of God (within you), and all these things will be added to you."

Versus 33 points directly the truest form of the Law of Attraction as I see it.

Find Inner Union with Source, Return as the Child, Abide in Your Presence, Recognize Awareness as Who You Are and everything else will unfold exactly as it should. There will be no problem that such as These could not deal with or overcome, for Awareness Alone is Acceptance of What is, as it is, and Acceptance reveals that each problem/issue/concern contains it own perfect solution...

In closing, WW, let me just say that I've appreciated your patience and willingness to discuss these things. It has been most enlightening.
Daily life IS spiritual exercise.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:25 pm

Rick wrote:WW, Tolle points to the very same problem I see in the Abraham-Hicks and LoA crowd. In everything I have seen or read, it is unhappy, unfulfilled people wanting/desiring more or something new for themselves, in the name of Consciousness wanting to experience of course. But where does it end? Where is the Fulfilment of True Unity of Self with Self. Where comes the Fullness that can give out of Its Eternal, Overflowing Abundance?
I think you paint the students of the Abraham teachings with a little to broad of a brush. That being said, your point is well taken that many come to the teachings from the standpoint of ego with an interest in solving their worldly concerns of finances, relationships, depressions, etc. My sense of it however, is that Abraham is appealing to a wider audience than is Tolle. Those that have an affinity for mystical possibilities yet remain in the focus of ego.

I think if you continue to explore Abraham's teachings you will find that the primary theme from Abe is to bring people into alignment with their greater being, with Source consciousness. The thing is, why do people want more money, better relationships, better jobs, better this, that and whatever. It's simple, they want to be happy and believe that more and better will make them so. This is no doubt an egoic perspective.

Abraham teaches however, that what truly brings joy and happiness into one's consciousness and experience is not the stuff one desires but the alignment that makes conscious creation possible. Source, and our True Being, is forever loving and joyful as Its natural state. Those in egoic focus, which is practically everyone at least some of the time, benefit greatly from their practice of alignment in the application of the Abraham teachings. The longer one stays with the teachings the clearer the important principles become and less egoic focus results.

No doubt Abraham's teachings are quite different from the non-dual teachings as they have widely begun to be perceived - especially considering how rigid non-dual perspectives have become by so many of its adherents. At the heart of Abraham's teaching however, Life remains non-dual in nature. Source is still the essence of all being and all consciousness is distinguished only by perspective. There is just an acknowledgement of a specific freedom in egoic experience, and that it is uniquely valuable as a leading edge of creation, evolution and for the expansion of consciousness.

From the perspective of non-physical being, the wants and desires of the egoic perspective, even in its apparent misguidance, is the raw edge of conscious exploration. While one wouldn't want to live through ego forever, the conscious expansion it offers in the long run is well worth the relative blindness and pain possible in going through the experience. And it is after all, voluntary.
Tolle: "In the egoic consciousness, they are also very interested in the world of form, but the egoic consciousness does not come so much from wanting to give, but wanting to have. So the ego goes, “What can I get?” and from Presence, when you participate in the creation, it’s more “What can I give birth to?” – that’s the difference"
I think Tolle basically has it right here, it's just a little more limited perspective than that offered by Abraham. Tolle's pointer does not take up the issue of any potential value in the ego's self-interested concerns. It seems more intended to reveal the distinction between the creative focus of the two perspectives. And, it would seem, there is always a more inclusive perspective one can take up if we can just get clear enough to perceive it.
In closing, WW, let me just say that I've appreciated your patience and willingness to discuss these things. It has been most enlightening.
It's always a pleasure to exchange ideas and perspectives with those who are genuinely interested in greater understanding and clarity. Such discussions have always given to me in at least equal measure to what I gave. As often as not I have felt like a front row observer to information that only became clear in its writing. I think this is likely common to all who are open and curious and make the effort to engage. Something to do with alignment it would seem.

WW

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:49 pm

Rick, that post ^ was gracious and beautiful, thank you for sharing it.

Two things from it - your infant memory - I have a similar one that has stayed with me forever (well as forever as forever is so far lol!) of standing in my cot, chubby fingers holding on to the railing, watching my older sister asleep in her bed and ..hmm if it's not thought... musing at the strangeness of waking up in this funny body with wobbly legs and caged both in the body and in the cot, and at the same time absolutely fascinated with watching my sister's sleeping body - my 'thought' that's never left me was absolutely 'how come, when we're here having a 'big sleep' from home, how come we need these little sleeps in this body - and where do we go?' I was so little my legs got tired and shaky and I fell ppfffmmphhhttttt onto my plastic pant/nappy covered bottom onto the soft mattress, and it made such a funny noise I laughed out loud (maybe that's why I'm so irreverent about farts and bodily things lol - maybe that noise is like a ringing bell for me - reminding me who we really are). I think at that point I 'got it' - it just is, we're here now and I accepted it. Then I learned to use those wobbly funny legs and chubby little fingers, but I never forgot that we're sort of on holiday, or an adventure from home.

I've watched babies keenly for this and there is an adjustment before which they're not 'really here fully yet', almost like they haven't committed fully, and most of the time they reach a state of acceptance to be here, in this big sleep from home and enjoy the experience, grow into their bodies and start to manifest their experiences.

I fully believe there is a willingness involved, there is co-creation, not puppetry.

On the manifesting, I agree with you in that it's purpose is not self-centred, but all centred - in some ways I have the same impatience with the way co-creation is so often represented and advertised as something you can 'have' rather than something you already are.

It's not in the material for me, the material may manifest as a means to allow the higher purpose of the co-creation - possibly like in the bread and fishes story - in order for the crowd hungry for the wisdom being shared to be able to fully appreciate the abundance available to us, Jesus also recognised their physical hunger and provided physical nourishment - how many totally then 'miss' the bigger message and concentrate on the physical manifestation 'miracle' he achieved.

For me it's not about the car, the whatever, but the learning experience, which is ever intertwined in all the other experiences of co-creators. These things the higher things, are so manifestly intertwined with others and their higher willingness to co-create too that it becomes very difficult and usually in egoic sense extremely personally challenging to describe it.

And yet there is a resonance to it when you are ringing that bell, when you signal readiness, willingness.

The stories I have personally been involved in ringing that bell have stretched over decades and involved people some of whom I don't even realise - those who appear like angels to progress the experience, connections that you sometimes know are important, synchronicities that are palpably recognisable even if you're not sure yet which experience/s they're feeding into.

The Abraham- Hicks presentations that I've seen, some do concentrate on the non-material wisdoms, the audience questioners invariably start out with 'what's in it for me' and 'prove it to me' and those bits are maybe like the manifesting the fishes to 'feed' the masses so that they may then be willing to be open to the wider wisdom of it.

Rick - what will you do with this knowledge of higher level co-creation?
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:23 pm

I had to go look again at the wisdom's being shared by Jesus that may have been overlooked/overwhelmed by the loaves and fishes story
- appreciation for what we already have - seeing and appreciating the abundance,
love over fear,
grace,
the 'spirit' of giving / intention being important, spirituality and compassion over material gain,
forgiveness for self and others in our mis-takes,
realising our highest lessons will come from the judging of others,
the reality of being both salt of the earth (physical) and light of the world,
the beatitudes that speak of cause and effect - and (for me) the totality of experience along the sliding scale of human experience,
the corporal (physical) and spiritual works/acts of mercy bringing grace and harmony.

Abraham-Hicks are still repeating these same messages.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com

Rick

Post by Rick » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:23 pm

Webwanderer wrote: I think you paint the students of the Abraham teachings with a little to broad of a brush.

I think if you continue to explore Abraham's teachings you will find that the primary theme from Abe is to bring people into alignment with their greater being, with Source consciousness. The thing is, why do people want more money, better relationships, better jobs, better this, that and whatever. It's simple, they want to be happy and believe that more and better will make them so. This is no doubt an egoic perspective.

Abraham teaches however, that what truly brings joy and happiness into one's consciousness and experience is not the stuff one desires but the alignment that makes conscious creation possible. Source, and our True Being, is forever loving and joyful as Its natural state. Those in egoic focus, which is practically everyone at least some of the time, benefit greatly from their practice of alignment in the application of the Abraham teachings. The longer one stays with the teachings the clearer the important principles become and less egoic focus results.

WW
As a former law enforcement man as I believe you are, I, like you, have learned to deal only with the facts. I have only reported on what I've seen, which is quite a bit, though admittedly not the all of it. I remain open to seeing (video's etc) another side if you wanted to point me toward any. But I have to say, I kinda like what you wrote above. The human being comes from an infinite number of starting points on the Way Home. Anything can be a pointer, even if only part of a process of elimination.

Reminds me of a story.

"A soldier walked around the parade grounds, day in and day out, picking up little pieces of paper, looking at it and saying "that's not it" and throwing it away. His superiors became worried and after a time they sent him to a psychiatrist. No amount of therapy or reasoning could stop the man acting out this craziness. Finally, it was concluded that he would be discharged. When the day came they handed him his discharge papers and he said "That's it!".

You see, even though he didn't know what he was looking for exactly, he knew what it wasn't, and he recognized what It Was when it came along. And so it is with those destined to find Home.

smiileyjen101 wrote:
Rick - what will you do with this knowledge of higher level co-creation?
Jen,

A quote from a new book I am reading which is a non-dual translation based upon the earliest known text of the Gospel of John called "Happy John" by Bear Jack Gebhardt that might help answer your question.

Original King James version of John 20:23 "Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained."

"Happy John" translation of verse 20:23: "Your work with the people you meet in the world is to dissolve their unhappiness, to share your joy and peace and love, that they might likewise recognize their own joy and peace and love. All you can do is remain in your peace and joy wherever you are. Some people will recognize the gift you offer, and some won't. Either way, simply remain in your peace and joy."
Daily life IS spiritual exercise.

SandyJoy

Post by SandyJoy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:50 pm

Hey Rick,

Great story about "not knowing what we are looking for, but knowing what it is not, and knowing what it is when find it!" Yes sireee! That seems to say it all.

I just wanted to thank you for posting your own wonderful story too, about being the Child and seeing the world from your crib. And remembering that--- Yes, you got a Glimmer, they keep coming to us--- and those Glimmers are really what matters. They 'do the work' of transforming us, imperceptibly, slowly, every time they sweep over us in that expansive wordless way, we are changed a little by the Light of them. Even the smallest flashes of Truth are doing the work. And yes, it is wordless, it's a 'seeing' but who can explain that? or how we 'see' it, but we do. Like a door opens wide for moment and we just get the whole scene at once.

And I don't know the Abraham teachings, but I do know that if we are 'standing with our Heart at Peace' somehow that peace is seen in our world around us. We do reflect what is in us. I don't think it is about getting things, or having stuff at all. I just think that when our Heart is at Peace then Everything is just sweeter and kinder and more lovely---as you know.

We Live the Peace within and then we do see It in our world, in our everyday little ways and things--a calm sense of being seems to be 'everywhere'. That does not mean that I didn't spill the milk all over the floor, or that I don't stub my toe, or that disconcerting things don't happen. It does mean that we are somehow are more capable of handling them gracefully and in ways that work better for everyone concerned. We don't get upset about stuff and that just grows exponentially into everything. We are more thoughtful and we can take the big picture into consideration and that Awareness gives us clarity on what to do. We can even look at the 'upsets' and to see what gifts they might be bringing to us, and we usually can find them.

Anyway, thanks, I loved hearing your Glimmers and the soldier's story---

William Samuel, as you know, always says we are to pass along the insights that come to us. To freely share our Glimmers of Truth is an important part of the Living Equation:

"The final discipline involves
the correct apprehension of Identity
and passing that clear perception
along to our world as quickly as we can." ---William Samuel

"Happy John" translation of verse 20:23: "Your work with the people you meet in the world is to dissolve their unhappiness, to share your joy and peace and love, that they might likewise recognize their own joy and peace and love. All you can do is remain in your peace and joy wherever you are. Some people will recognize the gift you offer, and some won't. Either way, simply remain in your peace and joy."

:D Nice, sounds like a great book!
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.

the key master

Post by the key master » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:56 pm

WW said,
While it may seem impossible to control the events in one's life one can always choose what an experience means to them. In other words we can choose how we perceive what happens in our life. We can apply whatever meaning we want to our experience, and there by influence the experience by effecting our feelings about it. Even historically, where we had an automatic, conditioned response, we can review the experience and change our perspective of it simply by changing our characterization and beliefs about it. We are free to do so at any time. That is after all the nature of forgiveness, and letting go, and accepting, and making peace yada, yada.
I'm not really sure when the mind isn't "automatic" or "conditioned". The automatic conditioned nature of thought is what's "woken up from", and its the delusion that one is "that" which is the source of seeking and suffering. The declaration of choice is a redundancy. You aren't choosing how to interpret these words. If i call you an asshole, you aren't choosing to be offended or not. It either happens, or it doesn't, without a chooser/controller giving it permission. The way you are conditioned to assign meaning to certain things may vary with time, but to talk of it as an effect of the same mind which isn't you "choosing" is misleading. Its a result of how you're conditioned, and you don't choose that either.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:38 pm

the key master wrote: If i call you an asshole, you aren't choosing to be offended or not. It either happens, or it doesn't, without a chooser/controller giving it permission.
Yes, this is one example of an automatic response. The choice comes in the review. If I am initially offended, I can step back and decide I don't like the feeling and prefer a better feeling experience. So how do I get there? I look for an alternative thought that doesn't support the negative feeling of offense. I choose to see in in a way that works for me regardless of what was said or what was initially felt.

I may say to myself internally: 'He's just expressing his frustration.' Or, 'his slight is not about me, it's about him'. 'He's really just like me in that he gets angry and sometimes says hurtful things.' 'No doubt I can consider his words and learn something from this experience in patience and how I interact with people.' 'It's all about the evolution of consciousness anyway and this is another opportunity to gain clarity.' 'I appreciate this experience.' 'It's all good.'

The thing is, if I'm conscious about my feelings, I can address them more in a way of my conscious choosing. I don't have to accept the automatic response as the last word. In time the automatic responses can be altered to be less emotionally painful and more perceptive of the true nature of arising conditions.

WW

the key master

Post by the key master » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:12 pm

WW said,
Yes, this is one example of an automatic response. The choice comes in the review.
Put another way, the choice doesn't happen.
If I am initially offended, I can step back and decide I don't like the feeling and prefer a better feeling experience.
The idea that you decide which feelings you like and don't like has nothing to do with whether you feel them again. You aren't choosing anything.
So how do I get there? I look for an alternative thought that doesn't support the negative feeling of offense. I choose to see in in a way that works for me regardless of what was said or what was initially felt.
Ok, so you don't unconsciously layer onto the feeling with storytelling based on the delusion that you're actually a person who could feel something in the first place. Again, you aren't choosing, which isn't to say there isn't less unconsciousness operating within the conditioning as the mind becomes more conscious.
I may say to myself internally: 'He's just expressing his frustration.' Or, 'his slight is not about me, it's about him'.
Are you calling me an asshole?!?! hehe
The thing is, if I'm conscious about my feelings, I can address them more in a way of my conscious choosing.
If you're choosing to avoid certain feelings, you're unconscious. Life doesn't care about how you prefer to feel.
I don't have to accept the automatic response as the last word.
Fair enough, but you're non-acceptance is also a conditioned, automatic, involuntary response. Its all happening spontaneously, which is the point.
In time the automatic responses can be altered to be less emotionally painful and more perceptive of the true nature of arising conditions.
Ok so you're worried about emotional pain. Maybe we should take a gander at that.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:08 pm

Very intellectual. It seems we will have to agree to disagree. But then I guess we had no choice... :wink:

Hmm, I wonder what these discussions are all about being there was no choice but to engage in it, nor was there anyone there to hear it, and there was no one there to respond... Who the hell is doing all this thinking? And who just asked that question? And how did these words get on this computer screen? Wow, what a story! But who's the story for? ...and from? And what's the point? Okay so maybe there is no point. Maybe there is nothing happening anyway, it's all just an illusion... But wait a minute... Who's having the illusion? And why? Hey, is that my tail in front of me? :shock:

WW

the key master

Post by the key master » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:26 pm

Webwanderer wrote:Very intellectual. It seems we will have to agree to disagree. But then I guess we had no choice... :wink:

Hmm, I wonder what these discussions are all about being there was no choice but to engage in it, nor was there anyone there to hear it, and there was no one there to respond... Who the hell is doing all this thinking? And who just asked that question? And how did these words get on this computer screen? Wow, what a story! But who's the story for? ...and from? And what's the point? Okay so maybe there is no point. Maybe there is nothing happening anyway, it's all just an illusion... But wait a minute... Who's having the illusion? And why? Hey, is that my tail in front of me? :shock:

WW
Dah nobody wants to play wit me :(

randomguy

Post by randomguy » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:57 pm

The thing is, if I'm conscious about my feelings, I can address them more in a way of my conscious choosing.
How do you know it needs addressing with conscious choosing?
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:41 pm

randomguy wrote:
How do you know it needs addressing with conscious choosing?
It's not a matter of need, but whether I want more of the same or some other experience I would prefer.

WW

randomguy

Post by randomguy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:27 am

Sounds good to me.
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho