Why does life work against me?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
RAL81

Why does life work against me?

Post by RAL81 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:39 pm

I really never understand that whatever I wish to happen in my life just simply doesn't happen. No matter how bad I wish for it to happen, it's as if whatever it is isn't supposed to happen for me. It happens for others, but not for me. Is this because I am resisting what is?

Webwanderer

Re: Why does life work against me?

Post by Webwanderer » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:16 pm

RAL81 wrote:No matter how bad I wish for it to happen, it's as if whatever it is isn't supposed to happen for me. It happens for others, but not for me.
Creative life energy follows your focus of attention. While you wish for one experience, your attention, and belief, is focused in its lack. Energy here flows through your focus of lack creating the unpleasant experience you describe. You are unwittingly doing this to yourself.

Rather, make a point of focusing your attention on that which uplifts you. Don't get into details that are not currently present. What you really want is not the things you wish would happen, but the enjoyable experience that you think will come from the having of them. So let go of the details and focus on what's important in what you want - the joy of life experience.

Focusing on lack will only bring you pain and cause the pouring of energy into more experience of lack. Rather, spend time and focus on what is uplifting and brings you peace, happiness and joy. As you become more accustomed to, and focused on, the feeling of upliftment, life energy will begin flowing into and through that focus creating more of it in your life experience. Here's an uplifting life view through which to focus: Live, Love and prosper. Simple huh? Apply to all aspects of life.

Whenever you find yourself falling back into old conditioned habits of negative focus, simply recognize it for what it is - an old habit that still holds energy - and make peace with it. The less you waste energy by focusing on experiences you don't want, the sooner they will fade away. And beating yourself up for slipping into old habits is not productive - at least not productive toward what you would prefer in your experience.

Know this: You are an extension of our Divine Source - not separate, only unique. You are as valuable and worthy of joy as anyone who has ever walked this earth. It is a human experience we all share and happiness is available to anyone who will focus on the beauty and joy in life. Pain and suffering are just a reflection of our misguided focus of attention - and can be exchanged by one who knows how to see life.

WW

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:22 pm

This is exactly why people come to this forum. You will find various viewpoints here.

Yes, I do think it is a matter of letting go of the fear in us.

RAL81

Post by RAL81 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:41 pm

Thank You for your replies. It's extremely hard for me. The yearning for what I don't have is the hardest thing I try to let go of. I actually have been going in and out of this practice, for lack of a better word, for about 6 years now. I always find myself getting back into it, but whenever I go back, it's painful. It's so much easier to stay inconcious and extremely addicting as well.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:36 am

RAL81 wrote: It's extremely hard for me.
Yet another belief/focus that will only bring more energy toward creating more difficulty in finding the joy you seek - joy that is available for the choosing. Lots of people have overcome these same challenges. Why not you? Why not begin now?

WW

Blenderhead

Post by Blenderhead » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:20 pm

It's the most difficult part to transform deep unconsciousness into consciousness. The painbody can be very strong. Just remember its funtion is to take you out of the problemmaking mind.

Let go of your beliefs and go into stillness.This painbody is a blessing for you.

Read this Rumi poem, my friend :-)

One day your heart will take you to your Lover.
One day your soul will carry you to the Beloved.
Don't get lost in your pain, know that one day your
pain will become your cure.