If we are all one consciousness then why...?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
the key master
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 4:23 pm

Re: If we are all one consciousness then why...?

Post by the key master » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:54 pm

pulgasari2012 wrote:I understand your argument.
The mind/thoughts are simply forms that are appearing in consciousness
They are just forms that consciousness is aware of.

However if this consciousness is without boundries then why am I only aware of my own mind/thoughts?

The fact as far as I can tell is that there is a clear boundry as to where consciousness can go.
My consciousness can be aware of my thoughts but cannot be aware of my friends thoughts.
This is clearly a boundry.
It's the boundary of your mind. What notices that boundary? If you can notice the boundary from the outside, could what you are possibly be bound?

the key master
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 4:23 pm

Re: If we are all one consciousness then why...?

Post by the key master » Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:19 pm

Marcel Franke wrote:Splitting.
But isnt that this lingual/logical capacity ?
The capacity to discriminate ?
Isnt that what we are doing here, communicating ?
Isnt that what language is about ?
We could call it the lingual capacity or the lingual limitation. Just because two people are having a conversation does not mean this is anything other than the One talking to the One. Holding the delusion that this isn't the case is optional.
Virtual splitting.
Even thought the experience of this splitting itself is direct.
(Therefore, it can never be the complete reality.)
But I think you cannot deny the the process of splitting.
It also reminds me of a Dutch guru who said:
Before you deny (de-know) something,
you must have known it.
Saying, this is, this is not...
Yea, I call the splitting an illusion because it is virtual, as opposed to that which is actual, which is beyond the capacity to be virtually conceptualized. Thusly, I wouldn't say I deny the process of splitting. In contrast, it is that process, the mechanics of that movement, from the creation of unconsciousness, to the avoidance and protection of that creation, which is the point of interest here. Moving, as a mind, in such a way as to think that the mind or person doesn't exist, is something I do my best to discourage, because it provides blanket immunity to the unconscious mind and thus perpetuates the uncontrollable tendency to fumigate and project what isn't resolved onto the world out there as a form of unconscious resolution. Of course this resolution doesn't work, but it is a cycle which can come to an end when given the space to heal, courage to face, and permission to feel. Extroverted people tend to unconsciously resolve by spewing to the outside, while the more introverted person tends turn their hatred on themselves, which technically is also to the outside, which is saddening, and thus not something to deny, but to understand. Simultaneously, its believing the virtual to be actual that lies at the root of the cycle. Unknowing that idea to be true is a bit different than denying it when you believe it, so, I agree with you. The only place a peep can live is a virtual reality, which just so happens to mean you aren't a peep, even if you think and emote like one in that 'reality'.

Preeshiate your contributions here MF. TTYL

User avatar
Marcel Franke
Posts: 655
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:28 pm

Re: If we are all one consciousness then why...?

Post by Marcel Franke » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:16 am

Nice one KM, thank you.
---ooOoo---

pulgasari2012
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:05 am

Re: If we are all one consciousness then why...?

Post by pulgasari2012 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:05 am

the key master wrote:
pulgasari2012 wrote:I understand your argument.
The mind/thoughts are simply forms that are appearing in consciousness
They are just forms that consciousness is aware of.

However if this consciousness is without boundries then why am I only aware of my own mind/thoughts?

The fact as far as I can tell is that there is a clear boundry as to where consciousness can go.
My consciousness can be aware of my thoughts but cannot be aware of my friends thoughts.
This is clearly a boundry.
It's the boundary of your mind. What notices that boundary? If you can notice the boundary from the outside, could what you are possibly be bound?
Maybe we have different definitions of what consciousness is. I define consciousness as awareness.
I dont understand why you say the boundry i refer to is a boundry of the mind
I am not the mind. Correct. I am aware of the mind.
However I am aware of my mind but not my friends mind. This is a boundry of awareness.

the key master
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 4:23 pm

Re: If we are all one consciousness then why...?

Post by the key master » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:33 pm

pulgasari2012 wrote:
the key master wrote:
pulgasari2012 wrote:I understand your argument.
The mind/thoughts are simply forms that are appearing in consciousness
They are just forms that consciousness is aware of.

However if this consciousness is without boundries then why am I only aware of my own mind/thoughts?


My consciousness can be aware of my thoughts but cannot be aware of my friends thoughts.
This is clearly a boundry.
The fact as far as I can tell is that there is a clear boundry as to where consciousness can go.

It's the boundary of your mind. What notices that boundary? If you can notice the boundary from the outside, could what you are possibly be bound?
Maybe we have different definitions of what consciousness is. I define consciousness as awareness.
I use consciousness and awareness interchangeably for the most part, but prefer to use consciousness when talking about mind so I can bring 'becoming conscious' into the equation.
The fact as far as I can tell is that there is a clear boundry as to where consciousness can go.
Space time travelling doesn't seem to be on the agenda for something beyond time and space altogether. Time and space are illusions created by the movement of mind against that which isn't moving.
I dont understand why you say the boundry i refer to is a boundry of the mind
I am not the mind. Correct. I am aware of the mind.
However I am aware of my mind but not my friends mind. This is a boundry of awareness.
Your mind seems to think that its what is aware of itself. So while the pointer "You are not your mind" can come in handy, your mind is still your mind, which can be a little confusing. Then your mind is thinking that "I am aware of my mind but not my friends mind, and this is a boundary to awareness". Your mind isn't aware of anything, but rather, appears to what is aware of it. Your thoughts are appearing to something not appearing, which couldn't be bound by anything appearing to it, like an idea that there's actually separate people running around with separate thoughts. That's an idea your mind is imagining to be true. It just isn't. If its seen that time and space are illusions created by thought movement, then the same can be said for anything housed inside that framework. You already are your friend.

pulgasari2012
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:05 am

Re: If we are all one consciousness then why...?

Post by pulgasari2012 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:05 am

the key master wrote: Your mind isn't aware of anything, but rather, appears to what is aware of it. .
I'm a little bit confused. You seem to be saying here that consciousness becomes aware of my thoughts.
Does consciousness also become aware of other peoples thoughts?
If I am that one-consciousness then why does it appear from my perspective that this one consciousness is only percieving the thoughts of Pulgasari2012?or are you saying that the only reason it appears this way is because Pulgasari2012 is identifying with a particular set of thoughts.
the key master wrote: Your thoughts are appearing to something not appearing, which couldn't be bound by anything appearing to it, like an idea that there's actually separate people running around with separate thoughts. That's an idea your mind is imagining to be true. It just isn't. If its seen that time and space are illusions created by thought movement, then the same can be said for anything housed inside that framework. You already are your friend.
I am really confused by what you are saying here. Are you saying that their are not other people running around this world with thoughts that I cannot hear? Is The key master not aware of some thoughts that I am not aware of?

User avatar
rideforever
Posts: 1513
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:32 pm
Location: Hove

Re: If we are all one consciousness then why...?

Post by rideforever » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:30 am

pulgasari2012 wrote:This is clearly a boundary.
What is the need to make a judgement on it ?

Actually there is no boundary and perhaps you can became aware of your friend's thoughts.

But you must come out of identification with the idea that you can't.

Why is it that right now you can't hear you friend's thoughts ?

It is because the way your entire system operates is based upon the ideas you have about life - which are all wrong. In other words you are identified with a particular view of reality that was given to you by society and is a lie, and if you come out of identification you can explore the actual reality.

Meditate.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small

pulgasari2012
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:05 am

Re: If we are all one consciousness then why...?

Post by pulgasari2012 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:07 pm

rideforever wrote:
pulgasari2012 wrote:This is clearly a boundary.
What is the need to make a judgement on it ?

Actually there is no boundary and perhaps you can became aware of your friend's thoughts.

But you must come out of identification with the idea that you can't.

Why is it that right now you can't hear you friend's thoughts ?

It is because the way your entire system operates is based upon the ideas you have about life - which are all wrong. In other words you are identified with a particular view of reality that was given to you by society and is a lie, and if you come out of identification you can explore the actual reality.

Meditate.
So you are saying that you believe in what people often call psychic abilities? You believe it is possible for one person to hear another persons thoughts? Well this seems to make a lot more sense.
However I do not believe that it is possible for a human being to do this which is why I cannot believe that we are all one consciousness.
Is there anybody on this forum who does not believe in this psychic ability yet still believes we are all one consciousness? How do you reconcile these two seemingly contradictory beliefs?
However I dont

User avatar
rideforever
Posts: 1513
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:32 pm
Location: Hove

Re: If we are all one consciousness then why...?

Post by rideforever » Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:40 pm

How do you reconcile the fact that one person can perform neurosurgery and another can't ?

One got off his butt and learnt how to do it.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small

pulgasari2012
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:05 am

Re: If we are all one consciousness then why...?

Post by pulgasari2012 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:37 am

rideforever wrote:How do you reconcile the fact that one person can perform neurosurgery and another can't ?

One got off his butt and learnt how to do it.
So you are saying you have learnt how to hear other peoples thoughts?

User avatar
SandyJoy
Posts: 875
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:42 am

Re: If we are all one consciousness then why...?

Post by SandyJoy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:06 am

We cannot read each others minds because "we" are not all one consciousness--- One Consciousness is being All that "we" are---

Consciousness-- is Reality Itself, Is God Itself, Is the Immutable Light of All That Is--It is not subject to or possessed by any form or tangible matter---all matter appears within This One Mind of God which is Unbound and Illimitable. Which means that This Living Consciousness is never pushed around, or slave to, or brought low or lifted up by the flow of thoughts, matter, things, forms, bodies, within It.

The Truth, God, Reality is Consciousness, and There Is Only One Mind---This One Mind is God's Divine Intelligence and It This Awareness which Is Life Itself---So, in other words, God is being all that you are, but you are not being All That God Is.
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.

pulgasari2012
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:05 am

Re: If we are all one consciousness then why...?

Post by pulgasari2012 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:58 am

SandyJoy wrote:We cannot read each others minds because "we" are not all one consciousness--- One Consciousness is being All that "we" are---

Consciousness-- is Reality Itself, Is God Itself, Is the Immutable Light of All That Is--It is not subject to or possessed by any form or tangible matter---all matter appears within This One Mind of God which is Unbound and Illimitable. Which means that This Living Consciousness is never pushed around, or slave to, or brought low or lifted up by the flow of thoughts, matter, things, forms, bodies, within It.

The Truth, God, Reality is Consciousness, and There Is Only One Mind---This One Mind is God's Divine Intelligence and It This Awareness which Is Life Itself---So, in other words, God is being all that you are, but you are not being All That God Is.
Well if you define consciousness as everything then I agree that we are all part of everything.
But I am defining consciousness as my own awareness. For example is someone touches my hand I am aware of sensation. If someone shouts my name I am aware of sound. If I think I am aware of thought. This personal awareness is the only consciousness I have ever known but it has a boundry. If somebody shouts my name in Africa it does not reach my awareness/consciousness. The nature of consciousness as far as I can see is personal and bound by the limits of my senses. If there was no limit to our awareness then why am I not aware of what you ate for breakfast this morning.

User avatar
rideforever
Posts: 1513
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:32 pm
Location: Hove

Re: If we are all one consciousness then why...?

Post by rideforever » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:32 am

pulgasari2012 wrote:So you are saying you have learnt how to hear other peoples thoughts?
Yes, I often know what other people are thinking better than they do.

Your main problem seems to be that you like to ask people about what is going on inside you, rather than looking yourself.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small

the key master
Posts: 2078
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 4:23 pm

Re: If we are all one consciousness then why...?

Post by the key master » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:04 pm

pulgasari2012 wrote: But I am defining consciousness as my own awareness. For example is someone touches my hand I am aware of sensation.
The one getting his hand touched isn't aware of anything. He's an appearance in awareness.
If someone shouts my name I am aware of sound.
Awareness is aware of noise coming out of one appearance apparently perceived by another appearance. Neither appearance is aware of anything.
If I think I am aware of thought.
Thought appears in awareness.
This personal awareness is the only consciousness I have ever known but it has a boundry.
The person appearing in awareness has its own personal awareness? By what logic?
If somebody shouts my name in Africa it does not reach my awareness/consciousness.
Awareness isn't in time or space. Nothing leaves it and no appearance reaches it. Its already everything appearing to itself.
The nature of consciousness as far as I can see is personal and bound by the limits of my senses.
Do you mean the nature of what you imagine you know? The nature of what an appearance in consciousness knows about other appearances? I agree, but that doesn't imply consciousness is personal.
If there was no limit to our awareness then why am I not aware of what you ate for breakfast this morning.
Because awareness isn't personal. (Scramby eggs?)

User avatar
SandyJoy
Posts: 875
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:42 am

Re: If we are all one consciousness then why...?

Post by SandyJoy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:14 pm

pulgasari2012 wrote:Well if you define consciousness as everything then I agree that we are all part of everything.
But I am defining consciousness as my own awareness. For example is someone touches my hand I am aware of sensation. If someone shouts my name I am aware of sound. If I think I am aware of thought. This personal awareness is the only consciousness I have ever known but it has a boundry. If somebody shouts my name in Africa it does not reach my awareness/consciousness. The nature of consciousness as far as I can see is personal and bound by the limits of my senses. If there was no limit to our awareness then why am I not aware of what you ate for breakfast this morning.
The interesting thing is that when you stop claiming consciousness as 'yours' and see that It belongs to Godhead All, and when you stop trying to have consciousness do what you want it to, and you let the Mind of God be All That You Are---then, you and the whole world you see and be becomes a 'new world'---and your heart and spirit will begin to bloom like a glorious flower and your world comes alive with again, and you will feel like when you were a little kid again, and you will know things that you were not taught in school, beyond education. You find your True Self, your Real Identity, Your own Truth and not worry about what others think ---You will become this well spring of Wonder and Joy.

Let God be the Mind you are and you will feel this surge of enthusiasm and your powers of knowing what others are doing and thinking do become heightened. You certainly will know what others are thinking, you will be so much more alert and 'street smart' your intuition and seeing the future will become quite acute. You will know a scam and con-man when you see one, you will know the Truth from the lie very easily-- You won't be duped by much any more---The Truth shall make you free---and Yes, it is pretty hard to fool this Newly discovered Unbridled, Unbound Insightful Intelligent Self.

The pristine and unadulterated Self is not beholden or subject to human thinking or to the human conditions and human constructs and cultural shifting sands. You will not be pushed and shoved by your own thoughts or those of others. As we recognize our True Identity be come free, we are freed from the confines of false belief.

And when you find yourself really and honestly free and you won't be wondering why you can't read someone mind, you won't want to read anyone's mind, you really won't want to really get involved with the human concerns at all. Now, you have no desire to know what the human conditioned, corrupted, mistaken, incorrect thinking of others think--And then you will say "Thank You God that I cannot read the minds of others!!"

Now you are lifted up, transcending the human thinking and you can see plain enough of what human's think, in a way you can read the minds of men by just looking out at the conditions the human limited view lives You can look around and see 'reflected in the world of appearances" exactly what man thinks. You can see how the human has made himself slave to his own false concepts of who he believes himself to be. We look out at the world and see clearly what man thinks. We can see what happens in a world where humans allow themselves to be dominated and slave to the 'thinking' of men.

No thanks, I am delighted that I cannot read other peoples minds---it is enough to see how the human, limited, conditioned, liars minds set frame of thought has shaped the conditions of the world ---- If you really look around you can see exactly what "everyone" is thinking by what we have manifested as this world appears right now.

That, in itself is our cue to find the Truth and Live This Truth fully and totally here in the world as best we can. Stand with the Light and do not give your Power to false premise of the liars incorrect assuming limited view called human conditioning and indoctrination.

I would rather not be able to read the minds of liars telling lies. I not only let go the need to know "their' thinking---and not have any thing to do with it---but I let go my own too----

---Now I can now skip and run and sing as the Child Heart I Am and I am free to be This One True Heart of My Heart and Soul of Me ---now that I don't have to even read my own mind---'my own' minds mistaken view of the world has been freed from the confines of those thoughts which are now seen to be nothing but false appearances---- From the Unbound Light I ask why should I care about another's restricted, limited view thinks.

You are Freedom from the little minds of others and freedom from your limited view --- YOU are the Light of the World, You bring the Truth, YOU---not some other mind, but YOU as This Awareness You are---You are Life Eternal and You are Unbound and Illimitable Light---

It is more like "time to get out of your own mistaken thinking' and not 'time to get more of the human lies of conditioned thinking' ---

Thank God I cannot read the minds of that which is only perpetuating the liars and their lies.

Know Who You Are; You are Love and Energy This Unlimited Awareness that is God's Alone---There is no other possessor of this Light I Am.

Be the Love and Life in Freedom from the human conditioning. Don't be what you are not. Do not try to be the human thinking which wants to be in control and control the thinking of others. Get out of that web of lies.

It is time to break free--- not time to ask for more lies and more of what the mistaken sense of identity thinks by reading others minds --- We've had enough of that--- Really, I say it again, just look at the results of the false beliefs based on the false premise of mistaken identity as to who we are---these lies have brought us this world as we see it --- you don't want to read the minds of lies of more liars---really you don't.

If you want a New World where you see Heaven on Earth, then You want to find Your Self---and the Freedom That You Really Are---Already, Here and Now. Then as you Live It, you will see a now world, a new dimension wherein you Live. You will be like 'out of the human conditioned world' and you will find Your Self, you will find The Child You Are and That Child shows you the reflection of Your Own Beauty and your True Divine Mind while right here in the world---It is like another dimension will be seen and you find yourself in this beautiful Meadow---right here in the world. Your job now is to find Yourself ---no need to read minds. You can read minds enough as it is.

So, it is time to Pick up your scepter and reign---do not give your power to others, Claim Your Divine Inheritance and Live It, It is Time---If you want to 'help your world' you really do not want to have the ability to read other's minds----really, you already know what they are thinking---and it ain't nice---It is pretty much all just the repeat of human stinking thinking over and over again ---look at how the world lives, and you will know what they are thinking---then get out of the pig pen and free your self.

Get out of the pig sty of human thinking and LIVE Fully The Unbound Light of This Eternal Child You Are, Now.

Now---The Power of Now, Now is always all right! It is filled with beauty, grace and magnificence, containing no sight, sound nor sensation that is not absolutely harmless and altogether perfect. You shall very soon see and understand—now is filled with peace, serenity, sassy and sparkling happiness. It is filled to running over with everything one thinks he needs.

So, as we turn from the memory of the past and dreams of the future—as we turn from thinking—we are neither ignoring Reality, as the world tells us we are doing---we are not burying our heads in the sand to escape the "press of circumstances." We let go the old view of limited thinking and we find ourselves returning to the perfection at hand, God's Awareness I Am, and we discover anew, we return to Love and we find that now is all that is real and all ever need be concerned with.
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.

Post Reply