Page 3 of 3

Re: Qualities of Enlightened People

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:24 pm
by spikyface
Sharing wrote:spikyface

That was such a beautiful reply. I never realized saving the world was my "trip". Does that mean I'm enlightened? lol
I think you already know the answer to that :)

Peace

Re: Qualities of Enlightened People

Posted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:38 pm
by rideforever
Webwanderer wrote:So you want people to trust you ..
No, not at all. Please re-read. I was just saying that if we recognise that you don't trust me, then the motivation for your first question becomes plain.

You initiated a dialogue with me, not the other way around.

And I think your mind has got what it wants ... satisfaction.

Now you have misread my email, but that's the mind too ... it doesn't want to be de-railed when feeding.

Re: Qualities of Enlightened People

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:09 am
by Webwanderer
rideforever wrote:No, not at all. Please re-read. I was just saying that if we recognise that you don't trust me, then the motivation for your first question becomes plain.
There's no need to take it personal. I don't trust anyone's me. What I do trust is insight, regardless of source (all insight is of Source is it not?), that can be recognized through greater clarity in its offering. I was offering you an opportunity to explore and perhaps bring some to light. It seems fear prevailed. Maybe another time.

WW

Re: Qualities of Enlightened People

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:46 am
by rideforever
Webwanderer wrote:I don't trust anyone's me. What I do trust is insight, regardless of source
If you don't trust anyone then what kind of communication is possible for you ?

If you don't know the 'source' of the insight then you only know it with your mind; that is the definition of the communication of the mind, it is communication without source, like you say you are doing.

You say that you were trying to "help me" - like I said you initiated the dialogue. The world is full of people who want to "help" other people instead of helping their inner self.

And if you don't help your self first, what kind of help can you give other people ?

Psychologists call this a projection. It is when you project your own needs onto another rather than face the pain of looking inside and seeing it there.

I have just been reading a very good article about how negativity works within us :

http://www.oocities.org/fourthway.geo/n ... ions5.html

Re: Qualities of Enlightened People

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:11 pm
by SandyJoy
I'd say that the perception that "there is only one quality. That you don't exist." is misleading and is not a 'quality of enlightenment"

First of all, we cannot call people enlightened in the sense of something we do not understand for ourself. It seems like a label that hinders and hurts us as we go on our journey of Self discovery and it takes courage to Live the Truth we have found for our self.

Everyone is different and unique, that is the Beauty of Love and God's Infinite Mind. You become More Your Self, not less, not empty. You do not disappear into the Great Void.

The Truth comes to us, comes to You and Me, here a little, there a little, precept upon precept. One big fell swoop of illumination that alters us in a sudden "Road to Damascus' kind of experience, is probably metaphorical speak. Although, there are moments when those happen, the Love and Grace takes our hand so we can Live what we found right Here in the objective experience.

But we are not sucked into the Emptiness and gone when we understand Something about our True Selfhood and find out in great Joy the truth of Who-I-Am. God is Love and we get to celebrate His Light here in the world, we get to sing rejoicing. It is ours, personal and authentic.

We can say there are some who have gained some life changing insights and seen the Truth, but those have unfolded slowly and come with a great deal of faith and trust to test and prove for themselves exactly what they have found.

There are many, now, in these days, who are awakening to the Truth; it is unfolding, blooming, here and there, one at a time, but more quickly now. "Enlightenment" means the Lights go on, we see something clearly, You do not disappear. You get to be there and YOU get to enjoy the Wonderful Light that dawns on YOU. You get to say Hosannas and "Praise the Lord!" when It happens. You get to be filled with Peace and Vision that Takes You Up and Lifts your Soul. You get to Experience Your Own Knowing. And that is Love. That is God's Love for YOU.

More than ever, You exist. Now You exist in Love with LIfe and Life In Love with YOU. The restrictions that fear used to put on you, have gone, and free from fear Life becomes Something entirely different to us. You change, and your perspectives change, and you have a change iof heart, but you still exist.

The idea that if one is enlightened he would not exist is erroneous.

I can say that because I have found that the more I understand, the clearer it gets this whole journey is about SELF Discovery, it is about Who I Am, it is about MY Self, it is About Identity, and knowing Who and What I Am. It is about finding God and finding My Self In That.

Rather than 'not existing' we find we are living a kind of single sovereignty, brave, courageous, wiser for sure, and stronger, we know the powerlessness of things, and that is truly liberating from fear. We become more self-trusting and Self assured than ever. We are much less likely to be duped or scammed, we know what is before our eyes now. We know shadow from Tree. We can stand on the Truth, on our own two feet, we are independent and not part of a "collective". We stand alone, as in One with God, one to one, individual, mine. We cannot be persuaded by hog-wash ideologies or corrupt politics and false authorities, or liars and fakes or whatever else the 'world view' wants to foist on us. We cannot be indoctrinated. We do not buy the schemes being pushed by the Pharisee.

Learning; we are learning; 'enlightenment' is simply learning; when we learn something, we do not vanish. When we learn something it becomes 'ours', even the student who is learning the multiplication tables only seems to be going outside to books and teachers, but when the times-tables are learned it is an inside job, a very personal and intimate action within. You know when this happens. You know when you 'got it' when the lights go on. The heart knows and says, "Now I understand." Now I get it! Who gets It? I get It! It is mine and I know what I know, personal, deep and real to Me, Myself and I.

Now that kind of learning has nothing to do with 'not existing' and vanishing into some great void of emptiness---Not at all---Much more, it is the opposite, it is the fullness of Knowing Your Self and being able to Stand with Your Self.

Re: Qualities of Enlightened People

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:04 pm
by coriolis
rideforever wrote:
Webwanderer wrote:I don't trust anyone's me. What I do trust is insight, regardless of source
If you don't trust anyone then what kind of communication is possible for you ?

If you don't know the 'source' of the insight then you only know it with your mind; that is the definition of the communication of the mind, it is communication without source, like you say you are doing.

You say that you were trying to "help me" - like I said you initiated the dialogue. The world is full of people who want to "help" other people instead of helping their inner self.

And if you don't help your self first, what kind of help can you give other people ?

Psychologists call this a projection. It is when you project your own needs onto another rather than face the pain of looking inside and seeing it there.

I have just been reading a very good article about how negativity works within us :

http://www.oocities.org/fourthway.geo/n ... ions5.html
For someone who questions the validity of "mind" you certainly employ it religiously, incessantly, and voraciously.
Them that can are fully immersed in "that" and have nothing to say or think "about that".
Them that can't think and talk "about that" rather than simply "be that".

Eventually the mind will tire of defending and proving things to it's imagined self and imagined others and fall silent ... and it is here that stillness speaks.. not in books, seminars, retreats, or internet fora.

Re: Qualities of Enlightened People

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:48 pm
by rideforever
coriolis wrote:For someone who questions the validity of "mind" you certainly employ it religiously, incessantly, and voraciously.
Indeed. This is called Jnana Yoga. The teaching is that you use the thorn (mind) to remove the thorn (mind). It is among the fastest paths.
coriolis wrote:Eventually the mind will tire of defending and proving things to it's imagined self and imagined others and fall silent ... and it is here that stillness speaks.. not in books, seminars, retreats, or internet fora.
Firstly the threats to the mind are real; it will loose it's position as dominator. The mind fears for good reason.

Secondly, it is not that eventually the mind tires ... for most people the mind dominates them until the day they die and beyond ... it conquers people crushing their possibilities.

People can be lost in their mind for endless lifetimes. It is a great challenge to wake up - because of course everyone thinks they are already awake. Oh yes, everybody thinks they are awake already.

And what is it that knocks you out of stride ? What is that wakes you up ?

It is exactly what you say I am doing. Relentless penetrating observation.

You say nothing about the observations. You say "I don't like it". Of course you don't.

Re: Qualities of Enlightened People

Posted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:55 pm
by coriolis
:D

Re: Qualities of Enlightened People

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:29 am
by alex
Haha rideforever I've never read so much codswallap from someone. You can always pick words that actually come from clarity and yours certainly don't seem to. Just sayin..

Re: Qualities of Enlightened People

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:13 pm
by rideforever
Ha !

Is this the Alex that wrote : "Sometimes I feel like a nihilistic space monkey for sure" on another thread.

Nice hat.

Re: Qualities of Enlightened People

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:09 pm
by treasuretheday
Sharing, you look fabulous in your underwear! Was it your ego or your True Self that prompted you to post that picture? I'm surprised you didn't first ask, "After enlightenment, can I still wear my Victoria's Secret undies?"

I'm surely the least enlightened person on the forum, so consider the source if you think my question is silly.

Re: Qualities of Enlightened People

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:38 am
by Sharing
treasuretheday wrote:Sharing, you look fabulous in your underwear! Was it your ego or your True Self that prompted you to post that picture? I'm surprised you didn't first ask, "After enlightenment, can I still wear my Victoria's Secret undies?"

I'm surely the least enlightened person on the forum, so consider the source if you think my question is silly.
Oh, is your avatar suppose to be of your actual sex? Oops! :)

Re: Qualities of Enlightened People

Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:02 pm
by Onceler
Sharing wrote:Are there any qualities one has or gets after enlightenment?
Becoming fully human, without fear or resistance.

Re: Qualities of Enlightened People

Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:54 pm
by heidi
Allowing things to be just as they are without attaching any stories.