Keep Losing My Posts

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Keep Losing My Posts

Postby Clare » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:27 pm

Hi Heidi and Eric,

I have noticed heidi sometimes mentions her posts disappearing. Just want to say this is also happening to me. I tried to post in the poll of ego gender and make comments, and my post was lost in cyberspace. This happend before on something else the other day. The message comes up:

The page is currently unavailable.

Due to current high demand, the page you are looking for cannot be delivered right now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click the Refresh button, or try again later.

HTTP Error 408 / 409 - Not acceptable / Resource conflict
Internet Explorer

Just thought I'd point it out, and also suggest to people that you right click and copy your post before you press send from now on, just in case.
Clare
Clare

Postby heidi » Mon Mar 14, 2005 4:43 pm

Hi Clare - Yes, I have been noticing this too. Must be some server issue. Although it's hard to remember to do, but you are right about copying your post before you click submit, and then if it does disappear, you can paste it in and try again. Or write to text on your computer and paste it in, but I never think of that when I am responding to a post. Usually it's after the message is lost that I wish I'd done that.
We did move to a different server so email functions would work, and it looks like there may have been a trade off with this. Sheesh.

I'm gonna copy this before I click submit.

Oh, and BTW, I loved your advice on the blow dryer to Barbara. I laughed and laughed. XO
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby summer » Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:04 pm

I have been having a similar problem.
When I click on SUBMIT the message doesn't get posted. And when I go back to my message, it is blank.

Grhhhhh!

So COPY and PASTE is the answer?

Thanks. :)
summer

Postby barbarasher » Tue Mar 15, 2005 6:35 am

To solve this issue, I write my posts in Word (I can also spell check there) and then copy them into the reply box. This way, when it disappears (which has also happened to me), I still have a copy open in another program. I then simply copy it in again.
barbarasher

Return to General Discussion