What the Bleep Do We Know

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Sandy

Just bought What the Bleep

Post by Sandy » Fri May 13, 2005 1:31 am

Got it this morning but most likely will not be watching it till the weekend. These discussion issues here about surrender versus intention are very interesting. On one of his tapes, Eckhart says when we get stuck in the mud, we do not just surrender and sit there. We surrender to the fact in the moment without a lot of the often usual negative reaction (Darn!!! Why did this have to happen to me!!! etc.) and then we can even see more clearly the best tactic for getting out of the mud.

Sandy

Triple T

Post by Triple T » Fri May 13, 2005 5:17 am

Thank you all for discussing this. This has really been a question for me as I have been attending a Unity church for the past 3 1/2 years.
A lot of the teaching has been centered around intention and the power of your thoughts. What appealed to me so much from ET and other non-dual writings was that you can be liberated from thought. Eckhart even quotes from Ramana Maharshi on one cd saying that one of the ways to determine whether you are making progress on the path is by the absence of thought. Wayne Dyer even has a short book and cd called Getting in the Gap with a meditation technique to help create gaps in your thinking. EricT I appreciate your answer regarding how the intention and surrender teachings are not exclusive.
For me a_friends response hits close to home too - I don't know anyone either who lives in a place of surrender and can 'play' with the forms that come and go in your life.
That really appeals to me - the goal setting and creation as a form of play.
It takes a lot of pressure off - "oh I must use the 23 principles of manifesting...oops I must have skipped rule 17 and must begin again..."
AHHRRGggg...
Saying yes to my situation and looking at what I could create as a playful experience seems to be a more gentle way of moving through this world.

aquarius123esoteric

Re: What the Bleep Do We Know

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:44 pm

'Do we create our reality?'

I believe that everybody creates their own reality with the help of their thoughts. That is why I would rather concentrate mine on the desired outcome of something rather than that which I do not wish to attract into my life. For example, I prefer to imagine that the Angel of Death, at the moment of my passing into our other world, reaches out to me to gently and lovingly lead me back into my true home. By focusing on negative options we are likely to create unwanted scenarios for ourselves which, with a degree of awareness of what is at stake, can quite easily be avoided.

White Eagle has the following to say about this in ‘The Lightbringer – Inner Development and Outward Change’: ‘We cannot too strongly emphasise the power of thought. You think that thought is something private – that no-one can read human thoughts; but truly there is no covering to thought. It is heard, it is seen, and moreover it often has a dynamic power, as you have yet to learn. Your thoughts are either helping the world to enlightenment, or are holding back the progress of humanity. Thought can create good health and thought can also heal, but thought can introduce pain and disease, and can disrupt and destroy the bodily, mental and human soul-life. Science is only on the outermost fringe of comprehension of the power of thought. Thought can do anything in the world. Thoughts of anger fear and hate form the root of all suffering and of wars. Thought can also bring forth beauty and harmony, and brotherhood, and all else that men and women long for. We know that by seeing only good, by creating good, by positive thinking we can help to bring about that which is desirable and good.’

With love and light,
Aquarius
So long as this you fail to see:
That death precedes re-birth!
A gloomy guest you’ll always be,
Upon this darkling Earth.

Goethe

You can find my writings and download
them free of charge from my website
www.raysofwisdom.com

DWBH1953

Post by DWBH1953 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:52 pm

aquarius123esoteric wrote:'Do we create our reality?'
'I am' is an ever-present fact, while 'I am created' is an idea. Neither God nor the universe have come to tell you that they have created you. The mind obsessed by the idea of causality invents creation and then wonders 'who is the creator?' The mind itself is the creator. Even this is not quite true, for the created and its creator are one. The mind and the world are not separate. Do understand that what you think to be the world is your own mind.
Nisargadatta Maharaj
Do not meditate-be!
Do not think that you are-be!
Do not think about being-you are!
Sri Ramana

Soul Seeker

Post by Soul Seeker » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:29 am

A really inspiring book that was mentioned in What the Bleep is The Hidden Messages in Water by Dr Masaru Enoto. Here is some info from Amazon books

Product Description
This book has the potential to profoundly transform your world view. Using high-speed photography, Dr. Masaru Emoto discovered that crystals formed in frozen water reveal changes when specific, concentrated thoughts are directed toward them. He found that water from clear springs and water that has been exposed to loving words shows brilliant, complex, and colorful snowflake patterns. In contrast, polluted water, or water exposed to negative thoughts, forms incomplete, asymmetrical patterns with dull colors. The implications of this research create a new awareness of how we can positively impact the earth and our personal health.

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:48 pm

'Neither God nor the universe have come to tell you that they have created you. '

How right you are, dear Friend; we - in our role as God or the Universe or whatever you may wish to call it - ourselves created us and as we descended ever deeper into physicality, we forgot more and more who we truly are, where we are coming from and where shall ultimately be going to. Hooray for the awakening coming at last!

With love and light,
Aquarius
So long as this you fail to see:
That death precedes re-birth!
A gloomy guest you’ll always be,
Upon this darkling Earth.

Goethe

You can find my writings and download
them free of charge from my website
www.raysofwisdom.com

Alphonzen

Post by Alphonzen » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:35 pm

I don't like this movie. Too new agey for me.