Regression or pure energy release

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Kae

Regression or pure energy release

Post by Kae » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:07 pm

I have a new thing going on, and was hoping for your thoughts on it. Maybe someone has had similar experiences...

A couple of years ago I started doing hypnosis/regression to connect with trapped emotional pain. It allowed me to release great amounts of energy that was essentially pain/trauma/sadness/etc. In the relaxed state (regression or hypnosis - I'll use the word regression from now on, because I think it's the correct term in English), I saw visions of myself, and other people, in a very different setting from my current one. It was possibly previous lives, and possibly something else. Doesn't really matter.

What mattered to me was being able to understand the origin of the emotional pain. I saw clearly the people in traumatic situations and felt very clearly the link to the fear/pain/anxiety I was feeling. It helped me a great deal during the last couple of years.

Now lately, in the last months and weeks, I've been having a slightly different experience. I'll lie down and relax and allow myself to listen to the feeling, just like I did in the regression, but what happens is that instead of seeing these visions of people, the emotion will just shoot straight up, my body will cramp/tighten up (like also happened in regression) and then I'm able to release it. I will feel a clear difference the day after.

The funny part about this, for me, is that maybe I'm having the release of the tension/energy in my body, without going through the feeling associated. It's also taking less time then with the visions.

I'd be interested to know if you guys have had similar experiences and if you think that this "express" way of doing it, is as efficient (or more or less) than regression where you connect with the feeling through seeing a scenario or a situation.

Please share! :)
Pura Visio, Pectus Apertum, Pax Interi

rideforever

Re: Regression or pure energy release

Post by rideforever » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:38 pm

The question I would have if it were me, is to check whether this new method is avoiding something - if it bypasses emotions. But I think you would know as you continue.

I have had that sensation of something clearing but without affecting emotions / without creating pain. As you describe. I just continued, being aware of my concern that I might be avoiding something, but just being True .. and ensuring I wasn't avoiding anything. And I just carried on.

[I also had similar "past lives" things happen.]

I did a lot of this kind of regression / clearing, using one or another strategy. However now I only occasionally do it, because I find connecting with the Truth (which I can) and abiding in it ... is the most effective ... eventually it cleanses everything.

I felt that, ok I can clean stuff up. But who is doing the cleaning ? Am I the real one ? And if I am not, then will the cleaning be a good cleaning ... or will it be a blind man cleaning windows. How can I be sure I am really cleaning it ? Am I the true one ?

Also, I felt like there was just too much stuff. It was like cleaning up the entirety of mankind, because that was all in me ... the origin of many difficulties are cultural, tens of thousands of years old.

So my conclusion was that me cleaning stuff up was not going to work. Because I couldn't be sure my cleaning was correct; and also because there was too much stuff.

So, I changed things round and I found a way to connect to the Truth (through a self-enquiry / Mahamudra kind of meditation) ... and then I basically let it shine throughout me, and abide in it and surrender. (This led me to Anadi - a teacher) .

Basically I invite it to replace me with the Light. For want of descriptions. To abide in Truth.

Interestingly, yesterday I did some some regression/clearing on old pain in my shoulder. Taking it right back to the womb I could see that the origin of this pain is actually because of my discomfort with not knowing who I am. And so I was anxious in the womb and at birth, and this led to the pain. So ... the solution is not to relieve the pain ... but to deal with the underlying discomfort of not knowing who I am ... and to either give me what I wanted (sense of I) or to dissolve the sense of me ... in other words finding and abiding in the Light is the ultimate answer anyway.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:56 pm

For me, the question is - do you feel better for it, or worse? Your own instincts will guide you if you allow it. More important than releasing this energy or that, especially if you're going in search of that energy, is the alignment with your own insight. Your own true nature knows far more than any pointer that you could get from others who don't have your unique direct experience.

So how does it feel to you? How long should you keep looking for energy to release, compared to looking to your own deeper nature with which to align for guidance with all issues? When do you look to release pain, and when do you look to align with your natural joy? Cultivate an oasis of inner silence to which you can return at will. It is there that questions are best answered and clarity is found.

WW

the key master

Post by the key master » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:29 pm

Howdy.

Kae said,
I'd be interested to know if you guys have had similar experiences and if you think that this "express" way of doing it, is as efficient (or more or less) than regression where you connect with the feeling through seeing a scenario or a situation.
If you can take the expressway, I don't see much point in meandering around the backroads and wandering through the wilderness.

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:48 am

Since you have had regression experiences, and your "body-mind portal/manifestation" is familiar with it, this sounds like a kundalini shortcut, appears to be valid and effective. It may be the most efficient way of unpacking any old tensions affiliated with the emotions. You might chat with Bonnie Greenwell for other confirmation:

http://www.kundaliniguide.com/

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Kae

Post by Kae » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:12 am

Thanks for your replies.
rideforever wrote:The question I would have if it were me, is to check whether this new method is avoiding something - if it bypasses emotions. But I think you would know as you continue.
I don't get the feeling that I'm bypassing anything, or at least not in a way that I can control. It just happens this way. It started happening this way when I intended to do regression.
rideforever wrote:I did a lot of this kind of regression / clearing, using one or another strategy. However now I only occasionally do it, because I find connecting with the Truth (which I can) and abiding in it ... is the most effective ... eventually it cleanses everything.
What you say about abiding in the light sounds like something worthy of attention. Definitely something I'd like to work on. Did it take you long to get there?
Webwanderer wrote:So how does it feel to you? How long should you keep looking for energy to release, compared to looking to your own deeper nature with which to align for guidance with all issues? When do you look to release pain, and when do you look to align with your natural joy? Cultivate an oasis of inner silence to which you can return at will. It is there that questions are best answered and clarity is found.
"Cultivating an oasis of inner silence" sounds similar to what rideforever is saying. Good idea. What happens though, I feel, is not that I look for energy to release, but it just comes up from inside me. It starts early in the day and then builds up into muscle tension as the day goes on. Then it seems ready to be released at the end of the day. I may be unconsciously wanting it to happen, but I think that's fine also. I mean, how long can that go on? Eventually, it will have been more or less exhausted. Or I'll be clearing out the world's pain, like rideforever talks about. And then I'll definitely do something about it!
the key master wrote:If you can take the expressway, I don't see much point in meandering around the backroads and wandering through the wilderness.
:D Good! Except if the backroads are more thorough, going deeper and providing a more extensive clearing...

I was wondering, with you guys who have felt releases like this, if you had any particular methods/exercises/visualizations you could recommend. I learnt some that worked for regression, but then I sort of feel like I need new techniques now that the process has changed...

rideforever

Post by rideforever » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:55 pm

It almost sounds like a cyclical pattern that may have become embedded in the past. For instance you may have spent a summer with your family when -for some reason- you became more and more tense during the day, and then relaxed at the end. And so your body-mind is replaying it.

Often with these things there is more inside and an opportunity to go deeply into it .. in order to clear out the totality of it.

For instance I often sit in meditation feeling energies within, and ask myself to reveal what is in the 'intellectual centre' at this time. Are there any beliefs that are associated with it ? The beliefs or mental patterns associated with 'this' energy, are like a ball of energy themselves that is connected to the main energy. So the goal is just to find all the parts of the energy form and witness it together.

Then there is a possibility of a very big change because what you are doing is associating parts of your 'identity' that are intertwined with the main energy in the body, and releasing them together.

Breathing Light into your Heart and remain in that Truth (don't imagine anything though) ... can be a good way of creating an anchor of Truth whilst you clear other energies.

The reason is that you are basically doing surgery ... but who is doing the surgery ? Hopefully the sanest and healthiest person you can find inside.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small

Kae

Post by Kae » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:16 pm

Would you be willing to describe to me how this happens for you?
(Given you've had this kind of experience)

I mean everything involved in it... when it happens, how you prepare, where you do it, what it does to your body...
I'd be really interested in hearing how this happens for other people.

Kae

Post by Kae » Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:37 pm

My main "problem" today is that is happening constantly, everyday almost.

Shortly after having breakfast and starting my day at work, I can feel the energy burst up through my body. So I have to get through the whole day like that, desperately trying to concentrate on my work, until I can get home to release it. (Or take a sedative pill, which makes the workday OK, but I'd prefer not to.) I've been trying to work on doing it sitting on a chair, one of the toilets at work being the only place I can get enough privacy to do it, but so far it's not as thorough/complete as when I'm lying down on my own bed.

So :)
Stories of how you've done this, and how it has happened to you, been for you, would be interesting to read.

rachMiel

Post by rachMiel » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:22 pm

Kae wrote:My main "problem" today is that is happening constantly, everyday almost.

Shortly after having breakfast and starting my day at work, I can feel the energy burst up through my body.
This sounds similar to what I've read about kundalini energy, that when it starts to rise it can be very powerful and sometimes quite disturbing, particularly if one is not prepared, has no clue what's going on, etc.

It might be helpful for you to do some online research about kundalini.

EDIT: I just saw that Sighclone also wrote about kundalini. All the more reason for you to check it out!
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...

SandyJoy

Post by SandyJoy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:01 pm

I know nothing about Kundalini or any of that--- But, I can tell you that when I discovered that the Infinite Light of the Whole World is being All That I am, and when I found My Self again; found my True Original Selfhood to be This Sweet unbound, Untamed Child of God, I have felt tremendous energy and spirit and force and vitality running through me in great burst of Delight and Joy and surges of Pure Light and Insight and profound 'seeing' deeper dimensions and the fathoms of Beauty and holiness everywhere--That all things are Alive with This Immeasureable Light of Truth, this Powerful Presence of Godhead the Ineffable Being and Life of My Life---and all things. Yes, everything comes alive and is the Living Truth right here in front of us.

The vitality and energy I feel now, is such a Wonderful Excitement for Life and the Adventure of Being Here. For me, It is not worrisome at all, although i do have to rein It's enthusiasm in sometimes, which is fine too---But, mostly I am just so happy to be feeling so much like I am 7 years old again, I am that little girl I was all those years ago, so innocent and free and happy---that little girl knew more than any old-grown-up-miserable-bastard ever could. And she is back with Me again and brings me "new life" in the form of the this "electrical" wonder of being alive and no longer having to question or ask or wonder about Life at all--- This is the Knowing Self, The Child and I just let her lead the way, and all is a great joy of Living and doing and seeing and being.

Anyway, my point is, don't worry about it, Enjoy and revel in It-- It is the Unbridled Child of you that you have untied and unshackled from the "old grown-up" stupidity of humanity and its insane desire to control everything, use everything, shape it all to fit inside their limited, fearful, domineering, petty, immoral, stagnate, putrid, corrupted conditioning and imprisoned mind-set--- and so forth --- or should I say, and go forth-- and Live the Light of This Glory called Life and Don't be so damned afraid of your Soul, your True, Immutable, Pristine, Untouched, Perfect Self. We can change the world kids, if we just find the Child and break free from a prison that never existed in the first place.

There is this little bug, and I heard that if you place it on a sheet of white paper and then draw a line around it, it thinks it is inside the circle and that line is telling it there is no way out, so it goes around and around inside that penciled in circle---

----- Be Brave, check it out, see if that prison you have put yourself in is real or not---try it out, test it, are all the binds you've put on your self or allowed society, education, government, media, coercive indoctrination by the powers-that-be have put on you, are they real? is there a real prison within you? or out there? is there really something stopping you from your True Beauty and Light to be Lived? or just a pencil line drawn on Infinity, a circle drawn on Totality, Totality the very Life You Are Right Now---when you are, in Truth, nothing but Freedom and Love all the way to forever---
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.

Kae

Post by Kae » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:03 am

If that's a child moving inside me, it's pretty pissed off and annoying one ...

SandyJoy

Post by SandyJoy » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:07 am

Kae wrote:If that's a child moving inside me, it's pretty pissed off and annoying one ...
Nope, then that ain't no Child. The Child that returns to us is transcendent, pure joy and full of innocence and delight, a very happy Chid, because It knows 'what is' and know knows how to show us the Way through this world of situations and circumstances---It knows what Love.

It is not annoyed, it is actually very much In Love with the whole wild wonder of Life---And brings us much peace in our heart and a soft serenity to our mind.

So, I was wrong, that is not what you are finding--- Angry energy is pretty much what the "old man" and his ignorance and lack of expansion is all about.

I think you might want to change your meditation techniques :lol:
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.

kutto

Post by kutto » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:46 am

Now lately, in the last months and weeks, I've been having a slightly different experience. I'll lie down and relax and allow myself to listen to the feeling, just like I did in the regression, but what happens is that instead of seeing these visions of people, the emotion will just shoot straight up, my body will cramp/tighten up (like also happened in regression) and then I'm able to release it. I will feel a clear difference the day after.

The funny part about this, for me, is that maybe I'm having the release of the tension/energy in my body, without going through the feeling associated. It's also taking less time then with the visions.
I am going through a very similar process at present I believe. It probably started a couple of weeks ago when I was meditating and I have same experience of an intense sensational/emotional immersion that makes my body convulse (often a feeling of non specific 'thick' emotional energy runs through my limbs and body and they tingle briefly). It is over almost as soon as I am aware of it (although it is lengthening now very slightly and slightly less intense but still very intense). It looks like I'm getting an electric shock. I often dream very intensely the night after it happens and this features people that have not been in my life for decades. (Who I do not dream about otherwise that I can recall) - The dreams are intense and vivid but not distressing.

I feel a sense of release and feeling less heavy usually both immediately after the 'immersion' and after that nights sleep. It is still very intense at this stage but in a sense this is quite exciting at one level as this stuff has been carried for a long time (and I imagine and look forward to how much lighter I may feel after this process) and also quite daunting as the feelings that come can be very intense and are often associated (as my last memory of this feeling) with a traumatic period in my life almost 20 years ago when I suffered quite debilitating OCD for about 3 years.

A lot of anger with it too - my ears often ring with it and I have to be careful not to push internally and be very gentle with myself. It subsides over time then rises again but it feels like a clearing. Also more easy to have periods with a quiet mind. It is very much a process for me of learning to 'allow' and not 'do'. Meditation is helping a lot with the process. All I do is sit in a chair close my eyes and still my mind. (without checking for stillness or any result in particular) No more method than that.

kutto

Post by kutto » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:56 am

There is this little bug, and I heard that if you place it on a sheet of white paper and then draw a line around it, it thinks it is inside the circle and that line is telling it there is no way out, so it goes around and around inside that penciled in circle---
I really like that quote - to me the spiritual discovery experience is first becoming aware of the circle - then finding the circle is nothing more than an arbitrary line on the sheet and rubbing it out and going for a walk. Then at some point we find the edges of a bigger circle...