Knowledge of Self and work

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
PresencePower

Knowledge of Self and work

Post by PresencePower » Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:44 am

Hello everyone, would just like to pose a question, will appreciate any feedback, short or long.

After tasting and diving deeper into the Self(thought-less, formless pure awareness) my interest in almost all types of work is basically non-existent, save one. Showing others how to free themselves of mind made suffering and realizing their essential nature as consciousness. That being said, making a living off teaching is difficult. Feeling drawn to focus 100% of my energy towards deepening the realization and sharing whatever i can to assist others in doing the same. I would prefer to avoid spending time, energy, and money on getting an education to simply do something i know is not the best/most helpful thing i have to offer.

Any thoughts or comments about what would be a good course of action? Or if any of you feel the same or similar, please share your thoughts.

Peace and love to all!

magicbutterfly

Re: Knowledge of Self and work

Post by magicbutterfly » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:08 am

Hello Presence Power. My advice for you is: Do what you love, follow your passion and don't worry about the future. :D
"As soon as you honor the present moment, all unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and ease." Ekhart Tolle, The Power of Now

jimmyrich

Re: Knowledge of Self and work

Post by jimmyrich » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:58 am

Ramana dropped out completely, but that was the special Indian culture he lived in. Tolle kind of dropped out but seems to have made a living for himself.
Life is an Adventure, so enjoy it and just do the best you can.
Good luck,
:)