Let's Choose our Thoughts

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Modern501

Let's Choose our Thoughts

Post by Modern501 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:10 am

I think the solution to many people's problems is that they let their thoughts think them. And I think what The Secret and LOA did well is that, we need to choose our thoughts. We should choose our thoughts so that they don't run on their own. I think thoughts are thoughts, and Eckhart gets a little condescending when he says that we must hate the Ego, yet we must hating something is Egotistical. So let's just choose our thoughts instead of getting caught up. We are intelligent and thoughtful human beings and need to express our Light to the world. Regardless of whatever the Ego's definition is.

kiki

Re: Let's Choose our Thoughts

Post by kiki » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:09 pm

and Eckhart gets a little condescending when he says that we must hate the Ego
Please provide a quote where he states this.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Modern501

Post by Modern501 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:36 pm

I think my point is that... Why should I worry about my thoughts or ego if I only my thoughts and my life? I wouldn't have to watch my thoughts if I already know what I am thinking

TemporalDissonance

Post by TemporalDissonance » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:23 pm

Modern501 wrote:I think my point is that... Why should I worry about my thoughts or ego if I am only my thoughts and my life? I wouldn't have to watch my thoughts if I already know what I am thinking
Could you clarify if the highlighted word is what you intended to say? Could you clarify what you mean by "my thoughts" and "my life"?

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:55 pm

Modern501 wrote:I think my point is that... Why should I worry about my thoughts or ego if I only my thoughts and my life? I wouldn't have to watch my thoughts if I already know what I am thinking
Worrying about thoughts and ego is just creating more thoughts possibly imbued with a measure of concern. So there is no point in worrying about them. The point in watching thought, emotions or experience is to recognize a clear distinction between such phenomena and that which is aware of thoughts, etc.

You cannot watch what is aware because any attempts to do so only creates a label or identification of a concept of awareness. The true distinction is known from alert and open thought-free presence, free of labels.

WW

jimmyrich

Post by jimmyrich » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:23 am

Modern501 wrote:I think the solution to many people's problems is that they let their thoughts think them.

IMO,my thoughts are not and never were the "problem". Misidentification is my problem! I, a divine Being, have somehow come to believe that I am a fragile, limited, vulnerable, temporary, egoic, individual/person running around on a temporary world in a temporary Universe. I have temporarily forgotten my Eternal, Divine essence and that's my basic problem.
And I think what The Secret and LOA did well is that, we need to choose our thoughts.

I need to remember who/what I am - but not struggle with my "thoughts"!
So let's just choose our thoughts instead of getting caught up.
I am choosing to remember my Divine Beingness just as E.T. recommends throughout his books!
We are intelligent and thoughtful human beings
I am way more than that! Life is an Adventure to be lived and enjoyed so I am doing the best that I can - right NOW. :D