Overcoming My Greed

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Jesus

Overcoming My Greed

Post by Jesus » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:45 pm

I'm so greedy. I have millions of dollars and I don't let people have any of my wares free although they could help the them. I charge a premium anyway.

I might go to the Letting Go seminar but I don't ever pay for any less fortunate person to come too. Why I'm I like that?

Where does my greed come from?

How can I stop being so greedy?

Rose and Richard

Re: Overcoming My Greed

Post by Rose and Richard » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:12 pm

Dear Jesus
It is not greed it is simply a fear of money. Don't beat yourself up in that regard.

Many people have fear of money and are very successful, they are usually afraid of loosing their wealth.
People who have no wealth are also afraid of making money.

Mostly, and it is a strange concept, we do not know this.

We need to go back through our lives to see where this comes from.

We are told money is bad;
Eg * Money doesn't grow on trees.
* It is easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into Heaven.

Attitude may come from your upbringing, religion, your nationality, your schooling and so on. How anyone behaves toward money is pretty well conditioned into us creating all sort of boundaries.

Taking the opportunity to look on at this conditioned you and see why you are the way you are; is where you will get the answer.

You will literally be taking a look on at yourself and your life and wow is that beneficial.

From that you can indeed start to find your inner self. When you start that you will be able to make changes in life.

If you stop doing what you always did you will get change in your life

Overall get in touch with knowledge about a "Lack Mentality," "Karma".

I am not sure if am able to mention our own website (link removed) There is a lot of such information there and it is based overall on the teachings of Eckhart Tolle.

Namaste to you from Rose and Richard
If You Do What You Always Did You Will Get What You Always Got.
http://www.roseandrichard.com

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:53 am

Why overcome your greed? As you find out who you are, your relationship to money will inevitably change.
Be present, be pleasant.

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:46 pm

We're all conflicted about money, and probably more so when we come to spirituality. I found clarity about money in the CWG.

Jesus

Post by Jesus » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:22 pm

Onceler wrote:Why overcome your greed? As you find out who you are, your relationship to money will inevitably change.
Why not?

Just find out who I am and I'll become more loving and sharing or will continue to be greedy or get more greedy?

Chop wood carry water before enlightenment after enlightenment chop wood carry water.

Before enlightenment be greedy after enlightenment be greedy?

Jesus

Post by Jesus » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:27 pm

karmarider wrote:We're all conflicted about money, and probably more so when we come to spirituality. I found clarity about money in the CWG.

I've already read "Conversation With God" books many times. First God doesn't talk to people. So it's start with a lie. Then in the third book it says "keep reading to find Gods Will" Nowhere is Gods Will revealed. So that was a lie also.

Those books teach Greed. I'm sure many greedy people will be attracted to them but in the end they are not truth at all.

Jesus

Post by Jesus » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:30 pm

Rose and Richard wrote:Dear Jesus
It is not greed it is simply a fear of money. Don't beat yourself up in that regard.

Many people have fear of money and are very successful, they are usually afraid of loosing their wealth.

* It is easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to get into Heaven.

Attitude may come from your upbringing, religion, your nationality, your schooling and so on. How anyone behaves toward money is pretty well conditioned into us creating all sort of boundaries.

Taking the opportunity to look on at this conditioned you and see why you are the way you are; is where you will get the answer.

You will literally be taking a look on at yourself and your life and wow is that beneficial.

From that you can indeed start to find your inner self. When you start that you will be able to make changes in life.

I am not sure if am able to mention our own website (link removed). There is a lot of such information there and it is based overall on the teachings of Eckhart Tolle.

So my greed comes from fear?

Jesus

Post by Jesus » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:12 pm

Rose and Richard wrote:Dear Jesus

I am not sure if am able to mention our own website (link removed). There is a lot of such information there and it is based overall on the teachings of Eckhart Tolle.

I looked at your website and it looks like you are a teacher of greed. How can a teacher of greed tell me how to overcome greed?

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:16 pm

Jesus wrote:
karmarider wrote:We're all conflicted about money, and probably more so when we come to spirituality. I found clarity about money in the CWG.

I've already read "Conversation With God" books many times. First God doesn't talk to people.
Ok.
So it's start with a lie.
Not really. It's pretty clear that you don't have to believe this as the word of God to get something out of the message. I don't believe in God in the way people traditionally do, and in a certain context I would call myself an atheist--yet I got something out of the message of the CWG.
Then in the third book it says "keep reading to find Gods Will" Nowhere is Gods Will revealed. So that was a lie also.
Your will is God's will.
Those books teach Greed. I'm sure many greedy people will be attracted to them but in the end they are not truth at all.
That's an interesting interpretation. To say that they teach greed is a rather sweeping indictment.

From what I get out of the CWG, what it says about money is that you can get clear about it. Get clear about your true feelings about money. Most people are highly conflicted about it--they want money, they want to keep money, and yet they believe money is wrong. Spiritual intentions are good; money is bad. Money is bad; but money is good in that it brings security and we love what we can do with money. Money is good; money is bad. The love for money comes from fear; and the hate for money comes from the desire to be spiritual. All the CWG says, as far as I can tell, is to clear out your conflicts about money.

Jesus

Post by Jesus » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:12 pm

karmarider wrote:
Jesus wrote:

I've already read "Conversation With God" books many times. First God doesn't talk to people.
Ok.
So it's start with a lie.
Not really. It's pretty clear that you don't have to believe this as the word of God to get something out of the message. I don't believe in God in the way people traditionally do, and in a certain context I would call myself an atheist--yet I got something out of the message of the CWG.

Most enlightened people are secertly atheists so you shouldn't have much trouble.
Then in the third book it says "keep reading to find Gods Will" Nowhere is Gods Will revealed. So that was a lie also.
Your will is God's will.

"Your Will is my Will but My Will is not your Will. If you done My Will for one day you'd be ..." Read your book agian. Please don't ask me to look it up as I threw these garabage books away as an affirmation.
That's an interesting interpretation. To say that they teach greed is a rather sweeping indictment.

Read yur books and I'm sure God will give you back to YOURSELF

From what I get out of the CWG, what it says about money is that you can get clear about it. Get clear about your true feelings about money. Most people are highly conflicted about it--they want money, they want to keep money, and yet they believe money is wrong. Spiritual intentions are good; money is bad. Money is bad; but money is good in that it brings security and we love what we can do with money. Money is good; money is bad. The love for money comes from fear; and the hate for money comes from the desire to be spiritual. All the CWG says, as far as I can tell, is to clear out your conflicts about money.
I'm not interested in looking through these books. They are clearly not thruth. If you find value in them great. But for me they have nothing to do with truth. I read them and that is that. This tread is about overcoming greed not about becoming more greedy.

TemporalDissonance

Post by TemporalDissonance » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:21 pm

Jesus wrote: Where does my greed come from?

Are you "greedy"? What makes you "greedy"? Why do you want to stop being "greedy"?

Jesus

Post by Jesus » Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:35 pm

TemporalDissonance wrote:

Are you "greedy"? What makes you "greedy"? Why do you want to stop being "greedy"?

Those are kind of strange questions.

You want me to be greedy?

I don't allow anyone to come to my seminars, my Love seminars, my Enlightenment seminars, my Love/Enlightenment retreats, my Letting Go seminars, etc., unless they pay hard cash. I don't allow anyone my Enlightenment books, tapes, or anything at all unless they can afford my price and I happen to have MILLIONS of dollars. What do you think my trouble is? I walk past people on the streets who need help, and if they are crying it makes no difference. Why do I do that? I don't feel I have any fear of money and everyone says I have an UNLIMITED amount.

Why do I leave the most dissolute people out? Clearly I have something the matter with me, don't you agree?

Enlightened2B

Post by Enlightened2B » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:08 pm

Jesus wrote:
TemporalDissonance wrote:

Those are kind of strange questions.

You want me to be greedy?

I don't allow anyone to come to my seminars, my Love seminars, my Enlightenment seminars, my Love/Enlightenment retreats, my Letting Go seminars, etc., unless they pay hard cash. I don't allow anyone my Enlightenment books, tapes, or anything at all unless they can afford my price and I happen to have MILLIONS of dollars. What do you think my trouble is? I walk past people on the streets who need help, and if they are crying it makes no difference. Why do I do that? I don't feel I have any fear of money and everyone says I have an UNLIMITED amount.

Why do I leave the most dissolute people out? Clearly I have something the matter with me, don't you agree?
If you think there is something "wrong with you", then there will be something "wrong with you". What TD is pointing to is.....the label you are placing on yourself as "greedy". He's not saying you "should be greedy". The thought says "I am greedy", but that's just a thought/idea/label/concept. Does that hold any truth in and of itself? What does that thought point to? CAN it possibly point to anything?

treasuretheday

Post by treasuretheday » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:03 pm

Jesus wrote:You want me to be greedy?
The relevant question is, What do you want, Jesus?

As a teacher of love and enlightenment, you are well aware that the less you judge yourself, the less you judge others. The more you value yourself, the more you value others. Compassion for yourself and compassion for others are two sides of the same coin.

Do you feel compassion for that part of yourself that does not wish to share? Can you refrain from judging this state of wanting more?

Plant your own garden with seeds of compassion and generosity. You can select which plants you want to grow---it's your garden, and whatever you decide to plant and nurture and attend to...will blossom! You may find that eventually you care for yourself enough to live beyond the control of greed or any feature of your personality that is causing you pain.

You know from teaching and meeting with throngs of people at your seminars how desperately so many are searching for freedom from pain. You know intimately, up-close-and-personal, how people are looking high and low for meaning and purpose. Surely you have expressed to your followers, successful spiritual teacher that you are, that the Love-filled-Life is the real guide, the truth that lingers, long after the excitement of the retreat or lecture is over. Love makes no exceptions or exclusions...it includes you too!

(Btw, I think this is what Onceler was getting at earlier, in far fewer words!).
Life itself is the proper binge.
-Julia Child

Rose and Richard

Post by Rose and Richard » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:14 pm

Hi Jesus.

How you think and live your life is totally your choice.

If you are aware of your choices in life it is still your choice to change or stay as is.
Before enlightenment be greedy after enlightenment be greedy?
+ still your choice.

Mostly people who become aware of the power of ego (enlightenment) do make a choice to create change in their lives.
If you are happy as you are with or without the knowledge of the power of ego that is just perfect. There is no need for a discussion.
Saying that I teach greed on the website (link removed) is also your choice of perception and that is perfectly fine.

For any one else reading here we know we have a right to create income through our web site, no amount of us being poor will help any one but our having income will indeed help many.
Signing off with Love to all. Namaste
If You Do What You Always Did You Will Get What You Always Got.
http://www.roseandrichard.com