Demon possession and paranormal activity

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
dijmart

Demon possession and paranormal activity

Post by dijmart » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:29 am

How to explain these things?

http://www.wnd.com/2008/03/58835/

I saw the movie "The Conjuring" tonight based on a true story, similar to the article and I don't have answers for this....
Take what you like and leave the rest.

far_eastofwest

Re: Demon possession and paranormal activity

Post by far_eastofwest » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:59 pm

interesting, is the article fairly recent (less than 20 years), if so, you would think that 'someone' would have had the idea to put a camera of some type to record these 'amazing' events, considering they had time to gather nuns, pyschiatrists and priests .... mmmmm....
i have to add.... i love the sponsered advertisement of the housewife holding an assault rifle with 'she is smiling because she built her AR-15 at home 'off the books' using this simple method''..... click to find out how....
There is nothing harder to find than a black cat in a dark room
Especially when there is no cat....

azooo

Post by azooo » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:10 pm

Identification with the ego is demon possession in quite the same way. The content of the possession itself may osciate to extremes as in this case

doublec

Post by doublec » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:51 am

In the first paragraph, the associate prof. and "board certified" psychiatrist and isn't named. I stopped reading there.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet."
--Abraham Lincoln

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:35 am

I like your notion :wink: Azoo, ego-fear can create heightened awarenesses, but so too can awareness itself -sans fear & scary music etc

Djmart, I'm not sure how serious your question on how to explain these things is, I read the article and was impressed that the lady asked for the exorcism herself for the things she didn't want to hold on to - while at the same time providing excellent proof of the awareness of 'facts' outside of her immediate sensory knowledge.

So then I went to look at The Conjuring (spoilers likely in this article about the movie - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Conjuring)

Firstly, these things ARE explainable.
Whether they are acceptable, is another matter based on perspectives and experiences.
Modern science eliminated the study (and/or belief) of things that didn't neatly fall into their verifiably reproducible in order to dissect and study criteria. That means that things for which no conclusions could be infallibly recorded, based on the facts that these things could not be infallibly replicated - were segregated from mainstream sciences.

What then to do with these things?
Well again that depends on notions of acceptability, based on perspectives and experiences.
If one choose not to accept them then either make 'mythical', 'magical', things out of them, or demonise them and turn them into 'horror' stories.

If one choose to accept them, then understanding of them, as with all things, grows with experience and awareness and capacity.
Horror, is a judgement - are these things scary? - Sure, sometimes they can be, but are they really scary to the extent that horror stories make them out to be, building with tense music and dramatic cresendo.... hmmm.... maybe not. If you ever do hear that music... all it really means is someone is playing it, either on a movie soundtrack or audio file, or live if they're able. The article outlined factors by perspective. I really do like that the lady asked - for intervention, not in the sense that she felt she needed it, but more in the sense that it wasn't overtly imposed on her - willingness - that shade of grey.

Some here would know that I am fey, and come from a long line of ancestral seers and healers. I understood experientially energy in motion in and across different 'supposed' dimensions of time and space etc so for the most part it's not scary for me - it is experiential for me, but it's not scary for me, if that makes sense.

Driving to the mall can be 'scary' if you focus on all the 'dangers' - real and imagined, and 'unknowns' of a thing - basically horror movies do that to you - focus on the 'dangers' real or imagined and play on the 'unknowns'.

In real life, synchronicities and energy flowing across/through 'dimensions' of time and space happen all the time - and we are all made aware of them in intuition, in insights, in noticing the unfolding of experiences. Had science not decided to exclude these things we might be more willing to understand more.
(Freud & Jung argued deeply about what was to be included & excluded and Jung went off on his own with synchronicity - from Wiki - Synchronicity is the experience of two or more events as meaningfully related, whereas they are unlikely to be causally related. The subject sees it as a meaningful coincidence, although the events need not be exactly simultaneous in time. The concept of synchronicity was first described by Carl Gustav Jung, a Swiss psychologist, in the 1920s.[1]
The concept does not question, or compete with, the notion of causality. Instead, it maintains that just as events may be connected by a causal line, they may also be connected by meaning. A grouping of events by meaning need not have an explanation in terms of cause and effect.).

So, as a 'subject' experiencing something one will try to make reason of it. One will do this according to their capacity, willingness and awareness.

If one refuses to acknowledge the eternal nature of energy in motion, coming into 'form' in expression, then I guess we do have to go down the road of making myths, fairy tales and horror stories to explain things.

While most intuitions, insights etc are fairly benign, there are others that are more 'extreme' in terms of expectation/reality that can get your attention in more of a 'fright' or 'fight' sort of a way, just like encounters & experiences driving on your way to the mall where expectation/reality are at distinct odds with each other suddenly.

So in a sense, this then goes back to what Azoo said about the ego.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:13 pm

I'm actually seriously asking...

After watching the movie my husband went on the internet and found interviews, etc about how this was based on a true story. There were interviews with some of the kids that are now adults. they state that the movie did have some things added, but in general it was what happened to them. For those who didn't see the movie the mother become possessed, along with all the other paranormal activity.

Anyways, what upset me wasn't the movie, but was my husbands reaction, which was to proclaim that yes there is a devil and a place called hell and so on. Where I have been telling him there is no devil or burning fire place after death. I couldn't explain though how someone could become possessed or how paranormal activity could exist. Who or what is doing it and why?

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:46 am

That's a tough one DJ. This will be a long post. Please keep in mind our fears are generated in confusion or in expectation to reality journeying across differences of understanding. It's all 'okay'.

If one was to look at all the human moods, energies, capacities, perspectives etc of a full human being, all the joys and fears possible to think, feel, embrace and enact - is there any thing 'para' normal in the events depicted, except that it's outside of our 'socially/culturally accepted' concept of time /space /energy in motion in seen and unseen 'form'?

As in, if you have seen the movie Ghost - is that okay?
If you have seen the tv show Medium, or Ghost Whisperer, or Crossing Over - or any such depiction of relating with, understanding of communication 'beyond the veil' so to speak - is that okay - are you okay with those concepts?
Have you ever had an inspiration, a 'knowing', an intuition, a sense and feeling of interaction with one that is no longer in physical human body form as we know it, or with one who is in physical form but not in close 'enough' proximity for you to physically interact with them, but you do 'sense' intuition or communication from them... is that, or would that be, okay?

If these things are 'okay' then the discerning of it and reacting to it is in love / acceptance.

If these things are not 'okay' then the discerning of it is at odds to one's perspective of reality - within awareness, capacity and willingness. If something presents that one thinks 'should not' happen, then one gets confused, etc
Really no different to any other human response to stimuli as experienced by the ego or by awareness.
In awareness things - opinions, behaviours, actions etc can exist without creating angst - making enemy, obstacle, means to an end of things. Or they can be reacted to in angst - making enemy, obstacle, means to an end of things and suffering in the distance between 'expectation' and 'reality'.

Am I making sense so far?
So the experiences of others are their experiences within their awareness, capacity and willingness. They are their perspective and their responses to 'what is' in terms of making sense of stimuli (energy in motion). When we view the experiences of others we can only process it in terms of how we make sense of stimuli - within our own awareness, capacity and willingness - borne of our own experiences, fears, joys etc.

When we see or hear of others' experiences we tend to judge according to our own knowledge, we tend to empathise according to our own experiences and capacities. At no time can we actually really understand, because we are not standing under the actual experience moment by moment, we are seeing/feeling/discerning chunks of it that has been retold. It's why I say in reality any experience is only experienced one moment at a time, and from outside of it one can only imagine - in reality experiences experienced are not as they can be imagined, and often there are elements both better and worse than can be imagined. But for the experiencer they are only experienced one moment at a time, unfolding awareness through experience, growing capacity by experience, and having either opening up or closing down influence in terms of willingness.

Now to the second part -
Can one be influenced to behave differently than one would in consciousness, by another?
As in if one is momentarily or constantly surrounded by totally ego driven, fear driven and fear and drama creating 'energies', then it takes a lot of conscious energy to stay in perspective, in calmness, in love & compassion and not also fall into fear & ego filled thoughts, and reactions to things - making enemy, obstacle, means to an end of things... yes?

If you look at your reaction to your husband's reaction ... what is that? Is that causing angst? Is that causing you confusion? Is it affecting your thoughts, feelings and actions?

Can you see how your response is a direct experience of your awareness, capacity and willingness in experience, as is his, yet they are being experienced at different points of perspective - through different person-alities. Person-alities are kind of like the clothing we put on through experiences, beliefs, learning from this response or that reaction to each experience.

In an extreme experience of not understanding energy in motion - stimuli processing - we react with fright - if we stay in fright for a long time we build it into a fear. If other unpleasant stimuli processing occurs we may create a reactive response that makes us panic - create a phobia as a way of trying to avoid the unpleasant stimuli experience. Eventually we create a 'belief' that makes sense of our experiencing. If it eases the confusion and fear of many people then it might become a cultural belief, if it really gains momentum it might become a religion with all the 'rules' and 'punishments' and 'rewards' for staying within that belief culture.

This is how the notion of Heaven and Hell formed in human consciousness. And in order to have a place separated one needs membership rules and judgements of good and evil.
When one is experiencing the expression or the impact of energy in motion along the lines of making enemy, obstacle or means to an end of things, one deems them bad, in the extremes one calls them 'evil'. Fear arises.
If one experiences the expression of acceptance, enjoyment & enthusiasm one calls it good, joy arises.

Do things outside of our understanding within the constraints of science happen - ab-so-lutely!! Miracles are occurring all around us all the time - miracles are just nature unfolding as it is - but with us not understanding the process.

Understanding the time, space and energy in motion is not all understood and defined and explained to us by science, they are constructs of understanding - standing under in experience. Outside of 'known' matter & energy made up with atoms is around 95% of energy and matter of which science doesn't know its properties, capacities etc

That we even name these things 'dark matter' and 'dark energy' has a bent on our perspectives - what is unknown to us we fear, what we fear, we seek to destroy or avoid or ignore. When one can no longer believe in being able to destroy or avoid or ignore then one has to face the elements by experience of them.

If you go back to primitive times the worshipping or demonising of natural elements of energy in motion, and person-ality elements of energy in motion were greater than they are now through more investigation, understanding and acceptance of some things that seemed either 'magical' or 'scary' then.

Concepts of good and evil are person-ality made - in response to experiences in and with stimuli - energy in motion, understood or not.

Gees I hope that makes sense, and hence eases your fears.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:08 am

smiileyjen101 wrote: As in, if you have seen the movie Ghost - is that okay?
If you have seen the tv show Medium, or Ghost Whisperer, or Crossing Over - or any such depiction of relating with, understanding of communication 'beyond the veil' so to speak - is that okay - are you okay with those concepts?
Have you ever had an inspiration, a 'knowing', an intuition, a sense and feeling of interaction with one that is no longer in physical human body form as we know it, or with one who is in physical form but not in close 'enough' proximity for you to physically interact with them, but you do 'sense' intuition or communication from them... is that, or would that be, okay?
Yes, I do know these happen and yes it's okay.
If something presents that one thinks 'should not' happen, then one gets confused, etc
Really no different to any other human response to stimuli as experienced by the ego or by awareness.
In awareness things - opinions, behaviours, actions etc can exist without creating angst - making enemy, obstacle, means to an end of things. Or they can be reacted to in angst - making enemy, obstacle, means to an end of things and suffering in the distance between 'expectation' and 'reality'.
So, if a dish fly's across the room on it's own... confusion sets in, then suffering do to the distance between what is expected and what is reality. However, if there is no distance between expectation and reality, then the dish flies and one just goes about their business...

Am I making sense so far?
I think so
Now to the second part -
Can one be influenced to behave differently than one would in consciousness, by another?
As in if one is momentarily or constantly surrounded by totally ego driven, fear driven and fear and drama creating 'energies'
Interesting, I think I get what you're saying. Possession would be no more then energies trying to influence and being allowed?
If you look at your reaction to your husband's reaction ... what is that? Is that causing angst? Is that causing you confusion? Is it affecting your thoughts, feelings and actions?
Yes, he possessed me..haha, am I getting your point?
When one is experiencing the expression or the impact of energy in motion along the lines of making enemy, obstacle or means to an end of things, one deems them bad, in the extremes one calls them 'evil'. Fear arises.
What if this energy in motion is trying to harm you? Wouldn't that be deemed bad? I don't mean fear of the unknown here, I mean bodily harm by this energy.

That we even name these things 'dark matter' and 'dark energy' has a bent on our perspectives - what is unknown to us we fear, what we fear, we seek to destroy or avoid or ignore. When one can no longer believe in being able to destroy or avoid or ignore then one has to face the elements by experience of them.
Again, back to the dish, it would defy the laws of gravity, therefore would seem like it was caused by "scary" energy. However, if it was my relative who passed away trying to get my attention, then not so scary. However, if chairs are flying and doors are slamming..I'd be scared shitless ...not gonna lie.

Thank for your reply. Question: If one steps out of karmic laws and has no more birth cycle, they would also lose their "separate" energy to influence, right?

ZenDrumming

Post by ZenDrumming » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:56 am

Why are the Devil and demons prominent in these stories, when God and heavenly angels are generally absent? One can't exist without the other.

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:14 am

Phew!! Firstly DJ let me express my gratitude and generosity that you were able and willing to receive that which I shared in love and not fear. In part our 'relating' across other topics has allowed us to relax our borders and boundaries a little with each other to share in love - gratitude and generosity, that's what happens when one realises perspectives and perceptions are fleeting and transitory and impermanent, one learns to discern and trust.

One in absolute fear and ego would still be finding ways to distort, remove, deny, etc what has been shared. So thank you and namaste - the god in me honours and acknowledges the god in you. :D
Jen said: If you look at your reaction to your husband's reaction ... what is that? Is that causing angst? Is that causing you confusion? Is it affecting your thoughts, feelings and actions?

DJ said: Yes, he possessed me..haha, am I getting your point?
Yes!! even more so if we add this layer of understanding...
DJ said: Possession would be no more then energies trying to influence and being allowed?
You - by your perspective and ability and awareness and willingness 'allowed' it to influence you.

In CWG it talks about making a prison of our own devising and not realising it is us that holds the key all the time. So yes, you allowed the influence - and no thing is wrong with that, all energy in motion naturally is flowing back to its source, but yes it does get held and if held too long without motion 'stagnates' and can become a little stale and putrid :wink:
What if this energy in motion is trying to harm you? Wouldn't that be deemed bad? I don't mean fear of the unknown here, I mean bodily harm by this energy.
'Bodyily harm' is perspective on an experience. You are not your body, but yes your body can experience ...things that we deem as 'harmful'. Take someone who has experienced cancer and after the experience claims it as a blessing... perspective. Take naturally occurring cause and effect things that we consider harmful - weather events, crashes etc ...
we don't control these things, we experience perspectives of them. Do you fear the wind because in some circumstances it can harm?

There's also the topic just started about no thing real can be harmed ... from A Course in Miracles, and this too is true. It can be experienced as harmful.. by perspective and sensory perceptions and resistances, but no thing that is truly real is harmed, or for that matter harming. (breathe out here.. :wink: fear and ego will insist differently, and in this moment, that is okay too.)
DJ said: Again, back to the dish, it would defy the laws of gravity, therefore would seem like it was caused by "scary" energy. However, if it was my relative who passed away trying to get my attention, then not so scary. However, if chairs are flying and doors are slamming..I'd be scared shitless ...not gonna lie.
I'm not gonna lie either, I have been scared shitless!! :lol:
I had three incredibly 'scary' until my senses calmed down, 'confirmed by others and / or logic' experiences in Henley on Thames in England, where 'haunted' buildings are not really so unusual, but encounters still are 'unusual' and remarkable.

One of them did include things seemingly defying gravity, flying through the air and a sense of malice when a locked, blocked, boarded up for good reason unknown to those who unblocked it... basement was uncovered. That these things were simultaneously experienced by four people at different places downstairs and five people at different places upstairs, meant that while we all had our 'perspectives' of it, each one had a different understanding of it and different ways to try to explain it to ourselves and to each other. A really funny aspect was that the guys upstairs thought those of us downstairs had 'physically' caused elements of it, and we knew we physically hadn't. They were mad at us!!

It did involve absolutely scary shit - as myself and a guy who had found this cellar and unblocked it before he went to work opened the door to his room (where the cellar door was found & he was going to show it to me) simultaneous shit just happened - the word coincidence does not even come close!!
- his bed was already upended and his wardrobe was in the middle of the room contents strewn everywhere, making us gasp as we opened the door (I wondered if he was 'really this messy!!' in my 'shock' - but he knew he had left the room neat and tidy so his shock was a little more 'personal' 'something' did this and it was not him and he had locked the door on his way out!!)

Instantly, two girls entering the front door of this once hotel now accommodation for staff - and an umbrella stand 40 feet or so down the hallway from the front door picked itself up and flew towards them passing us standing in his room doorway - and they jumped out of the way screaming because they could see that no one 'threw it at them' so it made no logical sense whatsoever.
Just as we jumped out of the way of the flying umbrella stand and into the room a television aerial from the roof and connected to the television in the room upstairs - flew crashing through the window!! To screams of the people upstairs whose tv was connected to the aerial so it crashed against their window where the aerial wire had stretched up to the roof, but now was stretched into the room me and the guy were standing in.
The girls were screaming, the guys upstairs came running down screaming and me and the guy were standing in the room white faced and ... actually it's a wonder we didn't shit ourselves :wink:

For some reason energy has stagnated in parts of the old coaching town through the experiences of those that once lived there. Maybe some environments hold on to kind of perceptual memory energies - like the holograms of Princess Leah in Star Wars. We don't know, so we can only 'consider' somewhat what we do know, and what we don't.

With awareness and capacity I've been able to be at peace with them now, but at the time - in the journey between expectation and reality I hit quite a few big 'issues' and was also dealing with the 'issues' that others had. Later explanation from the manager was that the energy in the basement did not like being 'disturbed'. That's why they boarded it up!!
So in a way the guy had 'caused' all the commotion, just not in the way the folks upstairs thought. :wink: The boss got mad at him for the 'right' reason - for taking down the boarding and opening it up without asking why it was boarded up in the first place.

Two other experiences included a sweet old gentle sailing captain who used to whistle uptairs in the 14th Century pub we worked in - and I mistook him for a customer been let in before opening when I 'saw' him one evening when I was opening up; and then I also mistook him for another staff member who also used to whistle upstairs while I worked downstairs - it was him I 'thought' had let the old guy in, until he, the staff member turned up at the front door having just arrived for work....
:shock:
Then... ???? .... 'the captain' is an accepted 'part of the hotel's history, as are a few other energies. The other experience was of a man who woke me playing bagpipes in a room next to my own accommodation in yet another closed pub used for staff. Except that this room was also 'boarded' up. When I had done all the 'rational' things - checked outside for something going on in the street in the middle of the night with bagpipes, checked the boarding up on the internal and external doors of the room where the playing was coming from, and no one was getting through those boardings, but I mentioned it in case some vagrant had found a way in (and yeah just for fun was also alerting everyone to his presence by playng bagpipes all night :wink:)

So I asked my manager about it and he went white faced, and I knew it was not the first time he had heard about the piper. He then explained the story was that a man locked himself into that room, played the pipes all night then hanged himself, and his energies sometimes resurfaced, especially in the form of his pipe playing and they closed the doors and barred the room from use.

I don't really know 'how' to explain these things, but I do know 'how' to accept them, even to accept the not knowing the 'how of them. It's by recognising that my perspective is limited, limited in form, in awareness, in capacity and my acceptance is influenced by my willingness.

If something happens that we can just 'dismiss' we don't even think about it. However if something is at such expectation-understanding-reality distance and seemingly unexplainable, then of course we seek to understand them.

I don't really understand gravity - not really - I have an accepted understanding of it by consensus based on experiential evidence as laid out by others and as experienced by me in perspective. If our society had decided to deny gravity, to not include it as a study and a 'reality' then we would have totally other perspectives, as they did before gravity was named and explained.

Recognising in my nde state that not only was gravity not 'real' in that state, it wasn't even necessary!! Nor then was it a barrier to energy in motion, the same as time and space were not as we experience them here etc So somewhere along the line of my experiences, capacity, awareness and willingness I've been able to be okay with the relativity of things, and grow in awareness of my reaction or response to them.
Question: If one steps out of karmic laws and has no more birth cycle, they would also lose their "separate" energy to influence, right?
Generally I'd say yes, with the understanding that like gravity, I don't really know. What I do know is that 'person-ality' may not totally 'die' with the body, and in some ways neither do the memories or experience energies that have been brought into creation ... I was going to say at the same time as the body, but time is irrelevant out of body.

I don't truthfully know what it is that allows energy to take 'form' - creation yes, and natural elements of creation that are not totally known. But it does seem to me that the essences of experiences - like those 'left over' from another time, are more embraced into the fullness of creation rather than wiped out by ending of time. In this the 'elements' of a thing find their way into equilibrium - immense, eternally evolving equilibrium, within which everything does and does not matter on its own. Each action, reaction, emotions, response, thought, experience - they are all just elements of equilibrium in eternal perfect harmony. Yet they are while suspended in time / space experienced in individuation.

I guess I would say in my perspective, while yes I was shit scared and confused in the doorway of that room, I chose - through my capacity, awareness borne of experiences, and willingness not to fall to fear. Not to make an enemy, obstacle or means to an end of it - the energy in motion. I guess I would think of it with compassion in the same way I would if one walks in on someone in the bathroom or some other sacredly private space that they 'believe' they have a right to be in, in privacy, and they yell at you or throw something at you to express their displeasure or even in expression of their own reaction in 'fright'.

As in I don't think that energy was 'evil' or any such thing, I think that energy was just expressing the best way it knew how, as we all do. As humans do, as animals and other species do, as bacteria does, as nature does, as the universe and everything in it does.

Albeit I really don't know what the other 'participants' thought of it. I know the guy moved rooms :wink: and I know the people upstairs for a long time harboured the notions that some elaborate plan had been enacted to make the television and aerial defy energy in motion 'rules', of cause and effect as we know it. I also know the girls had no choice but to acknowledge that no one 'present as we know it' could be held responsible for the umbrella stand flying at them. We all can only make sense of it in our own ways, by our own awareness, capacity and willingness.

Which is why if we go back to the beginning, I am heartened that the woman in that story recognised her own capacity and asked for assistance, rather than have 'assistance' or 'punishment' enforced upon her as many have in the past.

It in essence is very like our frights and mistaken or no understanding expressions that we do experience in normal every day life - watch someone throw a tantrum in traffic and others' reactions and responses to them... same same for me.

In awareness, capacity and willingness we react or respond.

PS: #1 There was no scary music soundtrack playing for any of the above 'experiences' (thank goodness!! :lol: ) and I hope there was no scary music soundtrack playing in the reading of them :wink:
PS: #2 The piper, as pipers go, played pretty well. I have two uncles who play, one extremely well, and another not so well. If either of them were playing inside in the middle of the night it would mean they'd come home drunk from the pub, so a sort of 'oh goodness,' curiosity of 'what's going on here' was probably my initial 'state' of mind.
PS: #3 The staff member who used to whistle as he worked upstairs normally used to open up, which was done up a flight of external stairs at the back of the hotel, and opening from up there turning lights on as we went. So, coming through from the back upstairs now restaurants and bar areas, going downstairs, through another restaurant and into my front downstairs area. He had given me his keys and asked me to open up as he was attending an afternoon wedding. When he appeared at the front door, it was still locked - because I had his keys and hadn't realised that he usually did unlock that door too. Hence the slightly confusing initial conversation between us.

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:14 pm

smiileyjen101 wrote:Phew!! Firstly DJ let me express my gratitude and generosity that you were able and willing to receive that which I shared in love and not fear.
Nope, no fear, just a desire to understand. So, thank you for your honest responses.
- the god in me honours and acknowledges the god in you. :D
Ditto..hugs :D
but no thing that is truly real is harmed, or for that matter harming. (breathe out here.. :wink: fear and ego will insist differently, and in this moment, that is okay too.)
This is true and no I didn't have thoughts of the contrary or any fear, it's been a relief to not be afraid anymore. To fear what's coming next, etc. However, as I said that doesn't stop the mind from having questions of the unknown and wanting to know what others think regarding it.
I had three incredibly 'scary' until my senses calmed down, 'confirmed by others and / or logic' experiences in Henley on Thames in England, where 'haunted' buildings are not really so unusual, but encounters still are 'unusual' and remarkable.

Firstly, I believe you, not that you need me to, but I just do. Second, thanks for sharing. It goes to show (me at least) that these things can and do happen, although I kinda knew it anyways. :wink:
For some reason energy has stagnated in parts of the old coaching town through the experiences of those that once lived there. Maybe some environments hold on to kind of perceptual memory energies
It seems like more then "memory" energy, more like "entities, souls, jiva's" that have stayed on our plane of experience/this dimension, since they are able to be "disturbed" and cause objects to project through the air. Perhaps, the soul/entity of someone very "attached/identified" to this dimension/plane of existance, so much so, that they don't want to leave, even when the body is dropped.
Later explanation from the manager was that the energy in the basement did not like being 'disturbed'. That's why they boarded it up!!

HA, interesting! In the movie the conjuring, access to the basement had been boarded up also and the new family took the boards down and went down there...the next day their dog was dead in the front yard. Along with everything else that happened in the 2 hour movie. And, yes, lots of spooky music...lol.

I don't really know 'how' to explain these things, but I do know 'how' to accept them, even to accept the not knowing the 'how of them. It's by recognising that my perspective is limited, limited in form, in awareness, in capacity and my acceptance is influenced by my willingness.If something happens that we can just 'dismiss' we don't even think about it. However if something is at such expectation-understanding-reality distance and seemingly unexplainable, then of course we seek to understand them.
Yeah, I can't explain them either, but I know they exist. Seeking to understand is, quote on quote, "normal"... I like your paragraph above though, regarding accepting, even the unknowing, of the "how of them".
I don't really understand gravity - not really - I have an accepted understanding of it by consensus based on experiential evidence as laid out by others and as experienced by me in perspective.
Good point!

Recognising in my nde state that not only was gravity not 'real' in that state, it wasn't even necessary!!
Do you have a thread or blog or something with the details of your NDE? Just curious regarding your experience.

Question: If one steps out of karmic laws and has no more birth cycle, they would also lose their "separate" energy to influence, right?
Generally I'd say yes, with the understanding that like gravity, I don't really know.
Yeah, that's the thing, we don't really know...I know my mind like to chew on these sort of questions though...

What I do know is that 'person-ality' may not totally 'die' with the body, and in some ways neither do the memories or experience energies that have been brought into creation
I know that they don't...I'll tell you why in a minute. However, I "think" that once one has stepped out of karmic influences and has returned to the absolute that this "may" end.

Ok, so, 18 years ago I was able to contact spirits who had "past on", it lasted about 3-4 months. The ability started abruptly after a funeral, but during the course of this "ability", I was able to know details and things that I couldn't otherwise possibly know. These "souls" spoke to me with "personality", had memory, I saw flashes of pictures, most of them were "someone's" family, but I didn't know them or were family and I didn't know them very well (lived out of state/had "past on" long before I was born). When trying to contact someone I knew well, it was just to difficult to determine if the thoughts were coming from memory and also it wasn't verifiable either.

Anyways, I wished it away..literally, the ability...it was draining (it made me tired) and although I knew things I couldn't otherwise know, a lot of people didn't believe me, because it was beyond what they were able to understand/comprehend, against their religion, some were afraid, etc.

The thing that sucks about it all is that even "my" level of understanding and comprehension then, wasn't what it is now, so some things that I asked them regarding the "after life" at that time was filtered through my level of understanding, at that time, so I know longer know if it's truly accurate. What was relayed was distorted, I'm sure, by what I could myself comprehend. Anyways, I just try to learn "now" and I don't think back to then, very often, because like I said the information was probably "distorted".

they 'believe' they have a right to be in, in privacy, and they yell at you or throw something at you to express their displeasure or even in expression of their own reaction in 'fright'.
This goes back to my I don't think it's a memory energy, more like a "soul, entity, etc", unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by memory.
Which is why if we go back to the beginning, I am heartened that the woman in that story recognised her own capacity and asked for assistance, rather than have 'assistance' or 'punishment' enforced upon her as many have in the past.
Also, If I go back to the beginning, the mom in the movie became "possessed" and tried to kill her own daughter...However, during the exorcism they were calling to the mother to fight this spirit from taking her over completely. So, this goes back to the energy "influence" and that the mother was not completely taken over.
In awareness, capacity and willingness we react or respond.
Responding is much preferred! Unless, a tiger's chasing me, then I'd like to react as fast as possible. :lol:
PS: #1 There was no scary music soundtrack playing for any of the above 'experiences' (thank goodness!! :lol: ) and I hope there was no scary music soundtrack playing in the reading of them :wink:
Nope, thanks for sharing! :D

PS, I'm on a different computer, I don't think spellcheck is on..oh-well.

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:27 pm

Also... even though I've spoken to spirit energies. I've never seen any paranormal activity. Kinda wish I would though, I think it would be amazing, even if I shit my pants in the process!..lmao

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:58 am

I've never seen any paranormal activity. Kinda wish I would though, I think it would be amazing, even if I shit my pants in the process!..lmao
For me I don't really know where the 'para' or where the 'normal' is and when I've asked others - even those learned in brain consciousness & workings, physiological consciousness & workings, religious/spiritual consciousness & workings, 'enlightened' consciousness & workings - neither do they - they only have their perspective within the consensus that they've adopted ... in acceptance, normal is just the accepted. Even the Dalai Lama admits he doesn't 'know' the full capacities of energy in motion but he's having fun widening his and others' perspectives.

So, what I would ask, is how do you know you haven't seen any? As in it's only 'para' in relation to your or another's perspective.
If something 'appears normal' to you, unless you discuss it with others or have other perspectives of it made known, you don't ... or rather I don't know. Say the old Captain - to me he was just a nice looking old sea-dog looking man, sitting quietly at a table in the dark until I turned the lights on, puffing on a pipe that wasn't lit. I said 'Good evening' to him, because I'm nice, polite & customer focussed - just because I didn't expect him to be there it didn't freak me out to the point of losing my manners - I 'assumed' there was logical reason for him being there - physically. (he just looked 'normal' to me - the fact that I later learned that his capacity to be 'manifest' there, and my capacity to see him manifested there may not be considered 'normal' to others.)

If anyone 'happens upon' someone, something or some idea that they don't physically expect to be there the 'adjustment' expectation to reality processing occurs, either freely or with some resistance, but it occurs regardless. As I said earlier these things happen all the time in every day life - these expectation > reality journeys, (the ghost things are optional :wink: ) and most we don't freak out about, and others we do because of our awareness, capacity and willingness to process multiple perspectives of a 'thing'.

Your husband's reaction to the film > your reaction to your husband > seeking 'understanding' outside of it because your husband is not likely to 'shift' from his perspective without it creating 'tension' between you.

I just came in from outside where for a few weeks now I have just been being present with an expanding patch of 'weeds' in my garden. I used to just dig them out because that's what we do 'normally' by consensus. Instead I've been watching their really 'paranormal to me' (as in different - new dimension of perspective) amazing life cycle and interaction and relationship with other things in my garden and in nature. It's been really lovely, they have some amazing capacities and complexities. At the same time my partner says 'You could just pull them out, instead of stand and stare at them 8)

See what I am doing, he considers 'not normal'. What I am doing in acceptance and awareness is just an experience of my 'normal'.

So pretty much I came to ET's 'stuff' from the other end (perspective) than most it seems. It seems to me a lot are suffering in resistance to what is, and use his awareness & sharing to journey in that distance between their expectations & realities towards acceptance, enjoyment, enthusiasm. Me, even though I read his works from front to back (as 'normal'), it's more to understand why and how the manifesting of making enemy, obstacle, means to an end are chosen as responses, and how that can be explained to those who are more capable and willing to stand in acceptance, enjoyment & enthusiasm in response to things - I needed to understand ego, and the nuances of it - with the same sort of curiosity that I've been watching the life cycle of the weeds instead of 'weeding' them out, I've been sitting and watching ego in my own reactions & the reactions of others, in experience and so with more understanding.

If you take this statement - and reframe it to 'normal' interactions that include expression of fear, ego energies etc have a look at how the 'holding onto' memories, perspectives etc causes the same sort of 'angst' and reactions in every day experiences.
It seems like more then "memory" energy, more like "entities, souls, jiva's" that have stayed on our plane of experience/this dimension, since they are able to be "disturbed" and cause objects to project through the air. Perhaps, the soul/entity of someone very "attached/identified" to this dimension/plane of existance, so much so, that they don't want to leave, even when the body is dropped.
This is kind of how the 'pain body' reacts, isn't it? I can/could understand it existentially, ET helped me to understand it on this plane, in this dimension, in this life - within our awareness, capacity & willingness to widen our perspectives, if that makes sense.

The flip side of it, is that for those in fear, experiencing the natural consequences of that state - employing and engaging on that level of energy in motion, ego outbursts can also be accepted and understood (more), even if one is not the one experiencing it, and has a different perspective of the 'situation'.

Make sense?

Just my curious musings.

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:47 am

HA, interesting! In the movie the conjuring, access to the basement had been boarded up also and the new family took the boards down and went down there...the next day their dog was dead in the front yard. Along with everything else that happened in the 2 hour movie. And, yes, lots of spooky music...lol.
See, these 'nuances' of the unfolding of events, they are the things that we can - if we choose, distort to 'build the story' in our minds (or in reproduction), whether we are aware that we are or not.

I've created audio visual productions etc so I understand the process. The boarded up basement, in some ways can be 'related' in the sense of parts of our selves that we board up, and if they are uncovered we react too. Not saying it wasn't boarded up, but just how it can relate to every day interactions of energy in motion.

In the things that they changed along the production process, I wonder if the dog really died in that sequence, and if there weren't other factors that were for 'drama's sake' left out or repositioned for 'effect'. This is what we do when we build our own dramatic versions of events, we 'shift' things to fit more neatly into our version of the story, in order to convince others to adopt our version / perspective.

What I loved about the show "Medium' when it was on, was that it showed just the very ordinariness of different perceiving by awareness, capacity and willingness. While most around me were fascinated with what the central character (based on a real person Alison Dubois) was seeing/hearing/knowing in experience that others weren't seeing/hearing/knowing.

For me, I was fascinated with when the camera would show the 'scene' from the perspective of those who couldn't see/hear/know, because that was something that I couldn't experience at times, if that makes sense. One cannot 'unsee', or 'unfeel' what is seen and felt - experienced on any sensory level, as you would understand from that time you were able to 'connect' with energies outside of your normal range of experience of energies in motion.

I was curious how others fill in the 'blanks' in their awareness in the absence of recognising and relating with energy in motion, while another is relating with it.
(how crazy do I look reacting/responding to stimuli others do not recognise :lol: probably about as crazy as I look standing in my garden enthralled and enjoying an ever growing patch of 'weeds'; or as crazy as I look acknowledging and appreciating others perspectives that 'may' cause or have caused 'harm' rather than react and argue against it.)

and how do they make sense of it? In that show there was acceptance and trust in her abilities, and she would question & tease things out for her understanding, even realising when her 'versions/perspectives' of what a thing 'meant' were mis-takes in perspective. Nobodies 'perspective' is the be all and end all of a situation and the multiple perspectives are all part of the dynamics and ingredients etc of it.

Who would have thought that a scary movie and two diverse perspectives of the nuances of it would have 'generated' all this discussion, sharing of experiences and perspectives across distant geophysical 'places', between 'personally' different expressions of energy in motion. All things do this - all the time.

So where is the 'para' in any of it?

There is a whole bunch of topics in the 'Beyond the physical' sub section here that you might find interesting.
One that outlined my perspective, and I guess basis of some of my (ever changing) perspectives is this one Nde, clair abilities and synchronicity http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth ... =47&t=8712

Another that I started in order to share elements of energy in motion and our pick up & interpretations etc is called Being Human. What I love - I absolutely love - gratitude and generosity - the opportunities afforded in this human life, even if they scare the shit our of us sometimes, even if we experience 'harm' and even if we make constant expectation to reality journeys every day of every year, when noticed as opportunities all things are precious. I wrote this so others could know how amazing our human experience is, how incredible our capacities, our magnificence just like the magnificence of a bunch of weeds and differences in our awareness, capacity and willingness to acknowledge and experience with/in it.

Being human thread is here http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth ... 38&t=10594

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:52 am

I just got back from SAND V (The Science and Nonduality Conference) and Dean Radin spoke there, basically a summary of his very recent book "Supernormal." He goes through an exhaustive summary of
laboratory studies of paranormal siddhis like psychokinesis, clairvoyance, remote viewing and others. The jury is back, it has been proved to a higher degree of confidence than the confidence about the discovery of the Higgs Boson (<6 sigma, whereas the psi stuff is >6 sigma) -- a fascinating and easy read, with exhaustive bibliography and notes. Our world view is changing to include a lot of very "spooky" stuff, which will be accepted as the old guard, the hard-core materialists die off. Here is a link: http://www.noetic.org/supernormal/supernormal/

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce