creativity

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
cloud

creativity

Post by cloud » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:17 pm

I am writing an article on creativity and would be great to get anyones thoughts on the following:

To start to access a state of a non-conditioned mind (where we can find creativity) we can accept our thoughts with non resistance or response. But when a creative idea arrives would this not be lost when viewing in a non judgmental ('good/bad') way?

Any contribution would be of a great help!

anewmirth

Re: creativity

Post by anewmirth » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:15 pm

I seem to remember ET saying that during the creative process his attention goes back and forth between using the mind as a tool for allowing creative thoughts to come through and then regularly coming back to awareness of what has arisen within the awareness. This would also be useful for making sure that the ego does not begin to creep in and take ownership which would create a filter over the creative process. So rather than letting the creative thought 'get lost' as you put it, it's good to be in the present moment and be writing the flow down or painting what is flowing but being vigilant that the notion of "me" or "mine" does not arise.
When ET gives talks, I love hearing the little laughing fits of joy that he gets into, because there's a part of him that's just sitting back listening to what is coming out of his own mouth and there is that part of him which is surprised and overjoyed at what is coming through but that part would also be watching that he does not put any kind of filter of ego over what is coming through.

cloud

Post by cloud » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:01 pm

Great reply! Thanks for your feedback.

cloud

Post by cloud » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:05 pm

I also found a great summery from Eckhart here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-pZ6FuEQqw

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:46 am

The universe is on a roll!!

Just received this gorgeous little tidbit
Purpose is simply the glorious expression of being, and creation is it's effect.
-

more and the 'part context' that it fell out of -
When you connect up to the flow, it doesn't immediately tell you to do this or that. It first helps you unravel a way of being - because that's the point of the universe. 'Thriving' means always finding the highest expression of you - because in reality, there is nothing else going on.

Everything that we do, is orchestrated in order to arrive at this level of surrender.

Paradoxically, when we really do surrender, when we allow the flow to govern, it will seem like you're then guided by the universe to make choices, and to create things, as if part of a destined path. This is where the ego gets confused: it may feel as if you're here to 'do something', because things magically click into place from core beingness. But actually, the creation is simply the manifestation of the authentic beingness you've uncovered.

I'm not saying don't make the choice, I'm not saying don't create, I'm saying you make yourself less if that's what you feel your purpose is. It is not. Purpose is simply the glorious expression of being, and creation is it's effect. To me, this is what Thriving really means: whatever happens, the universe will always provide you with another vehicle of expression - another chance to be you.
Open
- See more at: http://www.openhandweb.org/Thriving_in_ ... xnimV.dpuf
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com