crosseyed meditation

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
theslymoose

crosseyed meditation

Post by theslymoose » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:07 pm

Hi,

Lately I have meditating a lot and noticed that it is getting easier and easier for me to access Being directly. I will either sit on my couch or lie in my bed and concentrate my conciousness basically shutting off my mind completely. When this happens i can feel an intensity grow and grow much like ET describes as being sucked into a void. i can feel myself entering a different realm basically, and I basically have control over it. There is also a visual aspect to it. I don't see anything at all but i do at the same time see almost a dark nothingness surrounding me and can feel it within too. A good dark nothingness though. I have a feeling this is being and I am experiencing it directly. As great as that is there is a possible problem with this in that my eyes become crossed whenever this happens. The whole visual aspect of it causes my 2 eyes to look at my 3rd eye or something like that. I feel like my 3rd eye is like the portal that is allowing this experience to happen. this has only happened about 3 times and every time I get to a point where I have to stop or I feel I could damage my eyes. The most recent time it took my eyes a good 10 seconds or so to go back to normal before which I couldn't see a thing with them open. Perhaps I'm not completely ready to experience Being fully and that is my body's way of stopping me. Maybe it will be an overload of sorts if I keep going. I don't really know and would like to ask the members of this forum if they have ever experienced anything like this and if they think my eyes being crossed for a length of time could harm my eyes, or my ability to use them, and whether this experience is truly direct contact with being.

Also I'd love to hear anyone's comments on the 3rd eye and it's purpose, or what exactly it is considered to be.

Thanks for any response. :)

dijmart

Re: crosseyed meditation

Post by dijmart » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:42 pm

theslymoose wrote: As great as that is there is a possible problem with this in that my eyes become crossed whenever this happens. The whole visual aspect of it causes my 2 eyes to look at my 3rd eye or something like that. I feel like my 3rd eye is like the portal that is allowing this experience to happen. this has only happened about 3 times and every time I get to a point where I have to stop or I feel I could damage my eyes. The most recent time it took my eyes a good 10 seconds or so to go back to normal before which I couldn't see a thing with them open. Perhaps I'm not completely ready to experience Being fully and that is my body's way of stopping me. Maybe it will be an overload of sorts if I keep going. I don't really know and would like to ask the members of this forum if they have ever experienced anything like this and if they think my eyes being crossed for a length of time could harm my eyes, or my ability to use them, and whether this experience is truly direct contact with being.

Also I'd love to hear anyone's comments on the 3rd eye and it's purpose, or what exactly it is considered to be.

Thanks for any response. :)
Hi there,

I think your eyes are crossing, because maybe you are putting focus/attention to the eye area when meditating. I've never had issue with my eyes, like you are describing, however if I close my eyes and focus/put attention on that area right now, it starts to strain them and I think that's what you are doing. So, no I don't think your body is telling you to stop experiencing "being", what you ARE, I think it's a different issue involved with you doing something (?) while meditating that is straining your eyes, instead of relaxing into it, I think you're trying to obtain something by straining?

This doesn't mean you haven't experienced what you say, it's just that straining your eyes is not the cause of it. No strain/struggle is necessary actually or not for me, the more relaxed I am the better. No "practice" is necessary either really, just a remembering, acknowledging what/who you are or what you are not. Therefore, you don't need the third eye or any portal to be what you already are.

Oh, and could you harm your eyes...possibly, so stop crossing them :wink: It's not necessary anyways!
Take what you like and leave the rest.

ZenDrumming

Post by ZenDrumming » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:11 pm

Your meditation experience is very similar to mine lately. When I try to go deeper with meditation, I can also feel my eyes start to strain and cross. I think this may be an effect of tapping into some sort of energy with no clear outlet. For me at least, it feels like I'm plugged into an electrical outlet and charging up. I'm not sure if this is energy that was suppressed and is now being brought forward, or if it's being created/channeled now. Or if it's just a straining to reach some theoretical "deep" state that only exists in my mind.

I try to move my inner body awareness throughout my body (a sort of body scan) to make sure I'm not getting stuck anywhere. I also have some ideas about the third eye, but I can't be sure.

Magpie

Post by Magpie » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:18 pm

Hi,

There's only one book I've read which goes into some detail of what your talking about

It's called "Stillness is the way" by Barry Long, it also gives some exercises to ease the energy around the eyes and between the eyebrows, the third eye

It seems very relevant to your experience

My first thought in reading your post was "Lucky!"- I'm really envious of these kind of experiences

Good luck