What would you say to a young Hitler? (scenerio)

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Narz

What would you say to a young Hitler? (scenerio)

Post by Narz » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:46 am

You're German and the year is... I dunno, too lazy to look it up... anyway, you're on a train with a, lets say, sixteen year old Adolf Hitler. You and he are sitting next to each other in the train car for a two hour trip.

You don't know who he is but all of a sudden you get a flash of foresight about the future of this man and what he will do.

So the question is : what do you say to him during those two hours? How do you plan to change his path by what you say?

Note : You can't kill him or harm him in any way (nor can you have anyone else kill him), you can only converse with him. You also never can see him (or write to him or have anyone else find him and communicate with him) again after the two hour trip.

So, what would you say?
“Seek simplicity but distrust it”

InfinityCurve - my YouTube Channel :)

din

Post by din » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:05 am

So, what would you say?

"Eh... what's up doc ??? :lol:
:)

Narz

Post by Narz » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:20 am

din wrote:"Eh... what's up doc ??? :lol:
Ok, so Hitler says back "nothing much"
“Seek simplicity but distrust it”

InfinityCurve - my YouTube Channel :)

jj

Post by jj » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:58 am

All striving for a future heaven is illusion, destined to fail. Never underestimate the insanity of the human mind.

din

Post by din » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:11 am

din wrote:
"Eh... what's up doc ???

Ok, so Hitler says back "nothing much"

No,no, not at all.

He replies "I'm gonna get you you wascally wabbit! :roll:

moonmissy

Post by moonmissy » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:39 pm

"Hi"
Before and after there exist not one
Why attachments?

din

Post by din » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:00 pm

"Hi"

Hi moonmissy,

I see you came to join the insanity. :D

moonmissy

Post by moonmissy » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:07 am

I'm really very insane living a normal sane world :)
Before and after there exist not one
Why attachments?

LeronTruse

Post by LeronTruse » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:55 pm

I guess I would have to sit Eckhart or Buddha next to him. I can't think of anyone else who could, non-violently, alter such evil. But I am not sure even they could have saved 11.5 millions Jews, Gypsys, Polish, Homosexuals, and mentally challenged, from the evil of this man.

The year, by the way, would be around 1929.

AndyD

Post by AndyD » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:16 pm

I'd say "Guten Tag"

Hitler was one man. The nation did the damage.

Anyway, many of the same things from WW2 are happening in the world now but aren't presented in the same detatched neat format as a part of history. Just like in WW2 nations are going along with madness and using very similar rhetoric to justify it as been a good thing.

LeronTruse

Post by LeronTruse » Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:08 pm

AndyD: I don't know if I would say Guten Tag or the other seemingly comical responses posted to this serious quote (some of them, like "What's up Doc." are rather extremely offensive.)

And as this quote by one of Hitler's right hand man suggests, it is not actually true that the leaders (especially in the case of Hitler, who it could be argued without him the Holocaust would not have happened) are not to blame. And that the people are just as at fault. Most every genocide was perpetuated and started by racist and cruel leaders, the people did the bidding.

Directly from the interview at Nuremberg:

We got around to the subject of war again and I said that, contrary to his attitude, I did not think that the common people are very thankful for leaders who bring them war and destruction.

"Why, of course, the people don't want war," Goering shrugged. "Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best that he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece. Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship."

"There is one difference," I pointed out. "In a democracy the people have some say in the matter through their elected representatives, and in the United States only Congress can declare wars."

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

-------------------------------------End--------------------------------------------

I do agree with you however that terrible things are happening now. You might be interested in the post titled "The Power of Now is Incomplete!"

I responded to this entry with hesitancy because the Holocaust is an extremely sensitive subject for me and I read the unthoughtful responses and did not want to have to deal with those to my response. So if you seriously, thoughtfully, and uncallously wish to respond to my reply, I welcome it. But please do not do so thoughtlessly or without the realization that it is an extremely painful subject for many people.

lakeswimr

Post by lakeswimr » Sun Dec 24, 2006 1:32 am

I think I would get as present as possible and open my heart and love him as much as I could. I think this might be more effective than any talking. And if I did talk with him I would conscious listen rather than focus on talking. I'm jewish, by the way, not really practicing the religion but ethnically and culturally.

simple

Post by simple » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:47 am

Impossible question to answer now.

lakeswimr

Post by lakeswimr » Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:53 pm

And a more mind-based answer is that I would charm him as much as I could and make him really like me and make it clear that I was Jewish so he would hopefully carry that good impression forward.

I don't know!

Blenderhead

Post by Blenderhead » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:18 pm

LOL, nice one! :D