What would you say to a young Hitler? (scenerio)

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:20 pm

This entire line of thinking is pure nonsense. The past does not exist and therefore cannot be changed. All we have is present memories of past events. On the other hand, I have spent most of my life participating in nonsense, so why stop now? One mind game is as good as another.

I would tell the young lad that I was a prophet from God sent to save him and his homeland from cataclysmic destruction. I would tell him that his present mind set would cause him to be responsible for the devastation of his Beloved Germany and that it would lead to the deaths of millions of his countrymen, that it would culminate in him blowing his own brains out in front of the last person in the world that still loved him.

I would tell him there would be signs in the coming years, that the Arch Duke Ferdinand would be assassinated which would result in a world war, that he would be wounded as a soldier in that war by poison gas, and that he would have one opportunity to save Germany at this point from an even worse fate. I would tell him that he could become a great savior to his country by going to India and spending 10 years studying Zen Buddhism and Dzogchen.

Understand that there is Great risk in tinkering with history. (even if history actually existed) Who knows the outcome of unintended results. Hitler was a fool as all his generals knew. Suppose Hitler is gone and someone else with a similar mind set steps up and has the patience to wait for atomic weaponry to develop. Oops! Heil Heinrick!

Leave the past alone. Life is unfolding as it should. Have faith that the force directing the universe is competent. One cannot wish to change the past unless that one finds fault with the way things are. Let it be. We cannot know the flow of life, or the outcome of events, through the mind. The mind has far too much conceptual bias.

Judgments that there is right and wrong in the world are only distractions from knowing the Truth of your own Being. Know the Truth.

Live Free

eseward

Post by eseward » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:53 pm

Leave the past alone. Life is unfolding as it should.

The mind has far too much conceptual bias.

Judgments that there is right and wrong in the world are only distractions from knowing the Truth of your own Being.
Beautifully said IMO. :)

kiki

Post by kiki » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:09 pm

For all we know the next stranger we meet will be the next Hitler. So a more pertinent question is, "How will you treat the next stranger you meet?"

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:23 pm

Kiki wrote:
For all we know the next stranger we meet will be the next Hitler. So a more pertinent question is, "How will you treat the next stranger you meet?"
Hmm... I guess telling him I'm a prophet from God
and sending him off to study Buddhism is the wrong answer. :lol:

kiki

Post by kiki » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:32 pm

Webwanderer wrote: Hmm... I guess telling him I'm a prophet from God
and sending him off to study Buddhism is the wrong answer.
There are no right or wrong answers, Grasshopper. There are just answers.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:49 pm

Kiki Wrote
There are no right or wrong answers, Grasshopper. There are just answers.
But Master, you have always said that answers are the fly-paper of the mind, that answers are but beliefs in disguise, and that all answers are false. Help me Master, for I flutter astray.

kiki

Post by kiki » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:04 pm

From Webwanderer: Help me Master, for I flutter astray.
Sit very still, oh young and fluttery one, and listen intently ... Do you hear? What you hear is the beating heart of the silent one... That beating heart is you ... you are what you seek from me... just listen.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:40 pm

Kiki Wrote:
Sit very still, oh young and fluttery one, and listen intently ... Do you hear? What you hear is the beating heart of the silent one... That beating heart is you ... you are what you seek from me... just listen.
Yes, oh wise One. I hear as you hear. I see as you see. I Am what you are. We are One. We are Life.

kiki

Post by kiki » Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:49 pm

From Webwanderer, the One: Yes, oh wise One. I hear as you hear. I see as you see. I Am what you are. We are One. We are Life.
Your vision is still ripples with distortion, my young seeker. Let your wings completely rest and listen a little more closely, for the sound of those beating wings yet covers true sight: there is no I, there is no you, there is no we. There is just the One, there is just Life.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:23 am

Kiki Wrote:
Your vision is still ripples with distortion, my young seeker. Let your wings completely rest and listen a little more closely, for the sound of those beating wings yet covers true sight: there is no I, there is no you, there is no we. There is just the One, there is just Life.
But Master, if there is no “I” and there is no “we”, is it not also true there is no “your” and there is no “my”? It is said that Truth is One Being and eternal; but language is of form and appearance. How may we speak in the appearance of form without reference to the appearance of form? Is it not true that the reference to “I and we”, in the communication of form, does not bind us unless we assume an identity with those concepts as form?

kiki

Post by kiki » Mon Dec 25, 2006 12:48 am

From Webwanderer: How may we speak in the appearance of form without reference to the appearance of form? Is it not true that the reference to “I and we”, in the communication of form, does not bind us unless we assume an identity with those concepts as form?
The understanding is clear and the vision is true; this is pleasing to these ears, my young one. The "I and we" are but ripples of heat on the distant horizon, and while one continues to walk toward the horizon the one of understanding knows of their illusory nature, yet he continues to use those terms with those in his company.

Go now, little one, and live life, for the Grasshopper is no more. No matter where life takes you or upon what you trod you will leave no footprint.

Blenderhead

Post by Blenderhead » Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:58 pm

:roll:

enlighten

Post by enlighten » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:25 pm

:wink:
hahaha -lol

now-here

Post by now-here » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:41 pm

'this will mean NOTHING to you now.....but Stalin will plan to strike first."

phil

Re: What would you say to a young Hitler? (scenerio)

Post by phil » Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:44 pm

Narz wrote: You can't kill him or harm him in any way
Ah, well, you've rigged the game and made it silly. You can't talk sense to a hungry wolf.