The Catalyst

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
SandyJoy

The Catalyst

Post by SandyJoy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:00 pm

There is Something far more wonderful and truly divine, beyond even ‘non-duality’. Just as the non-dualist realized there was Something more beyond the objective religions of the world.

There is the Child to be found. The holy Child, your very Self in perfect balance. The Self of you that is before time and matter is quite capable, of living in the world knowing exactly what and why the reasons for the world and what to do while you are here. More, not only capable but extremely talented and gifted at living in the world while also living from the transcendent Light all at once.

While we are here in this experience of time, we should not stop learning, growing, moving deeper, working both ways; above and below and bringing the Light we see and know as our True Selfhood. 

If your understanding of non-duality does not have an ongoingness to it---if you are not moving on, and your vistas of Life not getting richer, fuller, wider, greater in view--Then you still have not found the Living One. The third step is to find the Child. The Child is the Christ of us. The Christ of us is the Child of us. They are the same one. Identical. The Child is atop the Mountain, the Logos, in the beginning was the Word, the Child is Us rightly identified, seen as it seen by God. 

The Son of God--the Image made in the very Self of God.

The Child is with you always, It never leaves or forsakes you. Alive ad Living Life, Unbound and Free.

But, here is the most divine element of all this too; The Child is the same child we were when we were children. The way we saw things when we were 5, 6, or 7 years old comes back to us, everything comes alive again, the world is made new. Life becomes joyful and wondrous again. But now you will know who and what this Child really is. 

I can only tell you what this has been for me. I have become the little girl I was, once again---but this time I know her and I know What This Is ;This is the Pearl of Great Price--This is the Self that sits right next to Reality/God.

This third step is on the way, the Child is about to be born of Every one of us. Then we will see heaven on earth.

http://www.woodsongjournalnotes.blogspo ... pirit.html
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.

treasuretheday

Re: The Catalyst

Post by treasuretheday » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:59 pm

Thanks for sharing this beautiful reminder and inspiration, Sandyjoy! :)

Here are some fun quotes that I think you might enjoy!

There are children playing in the streets who could solve some of my top problems in physics, because they have modes of sensory perception that I lost long ago. ~J. Robert Oppenheimer

Children have neither past nor future; they enjoy the present, which very few of us do. ~ Albert Einstein

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up. ~Pablo Picasso

One must ask children and birds how cherries and strawberries taste. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Grown-ups never understand anything for themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them. ~ Antoine Saint-Exupéry, "The Little Prince"

To speak truly, few adult persons can see nature. Most persons do not see the sun. At least they have a very superficial seeing. The sun illuminates only the eye of the man, but shines into the eye and heart of the child. The lover of nature is he whose inward and outward senses are still truly adjusted to each other; who has retained the spirit of infancy even into the era of manhood. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

The great man is he who does not lose his child's-heart. ~Mencius, Book IV
Life itself is the proper binge.
-Julia Child

KathleenBrugger

Post by KathleenBrugger » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:14 pm

Beautiful Sandyjoy, and I enjoyed the quotes treasure. How about:

Unless you turn and become like little children you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven." Jesus
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/

treasuretheday

Post by treasuretheday » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:16 pm

Good one, Kathleen! Excellent! :)
Life itself is the proper binge.
-Julia Child

SandyJoy

Post by SandyJoy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:44 am

Oh what lovely additions. Thank you so much. Yes wonderful quotes. So many of the artists and creatives have discovered the Child. Someone was just telling that he love the work by Henry Miller and now that he is starting to notice what the Child is within himself, he can see the reason he loved Henry Miller was exactly because Miller wrote from that Childlikeness and deep knowing. I think Robert Lewis Stevenson found It. I can see so many of poets and authors that Treasure posts quotes from, they have found It.

We are on the brink of break through and breakout into the a New Way of Being and Seeing in the world. It will be that we have finally come home, have turned around and given up, and we let Child we were come back and take our hand and lead. The Child of God says to the weary traveler on the high mountain, "I shall never eave them nor forsake them, i am with you always. Behold I came quickly." And so it is, the minute we recognize our Original Self it is already there.

The Dawn of the New Day.

You know, the fascinating thing I learned was that when we find the Child in us, as us, we are set free from everything, from religion, from spiritual studies, from non-duality teachings, from politics, from left or right, up or down. It is the most amazing, tender, kind, loving feeling to know this Child and hold its hand and go where It goes.

So I wrote this for my website if you want to read more: http://www.celestialsong.com/MeadowChild.htm

Here are a few more quotes for us:

While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. (Jesus)

Ye are all the children of light and the children of day. (Paul)

Suffer little children to come unto me ... for such is the kingdom of God. (Jesus)

It is the Child that sees the primordial secret in Nature and it is the child of ourself we return to. The child within us is simple and daring enough to live the Secret. (Chungtse)

For where the beginning is, there shall be the end. (Jesus)

The children of the promise are counted for the seed. (Paul)

We are the children of the promise. (Paul)

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. (Jesus)

This Child that is with each of us, in Its very own special way, is the final answer--and then when you find This--You'll see there is nothing final about It, it opens doors to vistas and magic, doing, living in ways that keep expanding and growing onward--No end in sight now. :D
You are not finished, until you play in that meadow and live there. You can, you know. But only you can take yourself there.

Fore

Post by Fore » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:47 am

What is the difference between the inner child and God? The inner child could be viewed as the pain-body but I take-it this is not what you are pointing towards. What you seem to be pointing towards here is God(all knowing ever present awareness within).
I find this confusing in relating this to Eckharts teachings :?

SandyJoy

Post by SandyJoy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:19 am

Well, Dear Fore, it has everything to do with what Eckhart teaches. And no, you are right this is far above and beyond what Echart calls the pain body, or as I would call the impostor, the old man who covered up the Child Light of himself.

So, yes, it has much to do with non-dualtiy and Echart's teachings-- It’s right in there as the catalytic ingredient that will make everything understood, objective world and subjective non-dual view.

You see unfortunately, as it seems, we manage to insert an imposter between the Child and Godhead (inside) and between the Child and the world (outside).

We surround the Child with that shell of identity, the old man, who has his ideas about things, and that is where our trouble lies. To try to get rid of the old nature first, as religion and metaphysical instruction, and especially as the non-duality teachings have us doing--to try to get rid of something that was never real has us in an unsolvable dilemma, to struggle with all that 'denial stuff' has the seeker trying to enter a void without vision of the Child. That will not work, and you can look around and see it does not work. 

If we find the Child first, then the old nature falls away as the morning mist along the river vanishes in the sunshine of a new day.

To find the Child is to end the domination of the old man—and there is no other way. Once you get this then Tolle's teachings and all the other teachings will fall gently into place, come to make sense and be seen that those teachings have a part of it, but they do not have the whole of it. It has to do with non-duality, because without this piece you wont' get anywhere nor will you do what it is you are here to and you will stop growing and you will end up a dead duck. Without the Child non-duality is worthless---But with the Child It all Comes To Bloom and You See How perfect this Non-dual teachings are--they are the truth, but without the Child, it is death.

This Child is not God, it is the Child of God, there is difference; the Child I am and ‘everyone is’ as this very Light of Awareness we are. Once you find This self of your self, then the old nature just shrinks from nothingness to nothingness.

“when you see that one who existed before this image came into being, how much will you bear?” We come face to face with the Son of God, and that I who you are, the Child. The Child is made in the Image made in the likeness of God the Ineffable beyond words--the Self of God. How much closer to the Light can we get? Not any closer than The Child Is already. The Child is the eternal nature. We find That and then you will see the New Heaven and New Earth.
Our time is getting short. But soon the world will be finding this Child, each for him self to know personally and intimately. We have grown like wheat in the field and we have forgotten the original seed that we came from. But because we now after all this time in the field the new seed is forming inside the bolls and it is nearly time for the Awakening harvest.

kutto

Post by kutto » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:18 am

Thats lovely Sandy

alex

Post by alex » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:17 pm

Lovely words Sandy, I can sense that you are filled with joy and love. It is delightful to play like a child again in this world. To be light and carefree, joyous and fearless, and with a great appreciation for all that is. It is indeed like being a child, only better as we are conscious of our joyful, childlike nature.

You did say
To find the Child is to end the domination of the old man—and there is no other way.
I just had to mention that, in my experience, ending the domination of 'the old man' through direct inquiry and seeing the nature of mind is what has really revealed the Truth and allowed the Child to stay and play :)

Before inquiry and seeing clearly the nature of mind (not trying to get rid of mind) I could effortlessly switch from mind identification to being/bliss, I could even stay there for long periods - but it was not liberation. We are bridled with multitudes of belief systems that, if not seen through and dis-believed, will always contract awareness again. Inquiry and seeing the nature of mind is amazingly important. You can bliss out and find joyful states for as long as you like but without dis-identifying from mind it's fairly likely that one will always get caught again.

See that which covers up our ever present Child. See that which wants, desires, pushes away and resists. What is it that's in the way of the contentment that is our nature? It is an illusion for sure but one that needs to be seen through.
Last edited by alex on Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fore

Post by Fore » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:16 pm

Pretty words Sandwedge, but still don't have a clue as to the difference. You seem to be advocating a permanent self child within and a separate unique God? Permanent soul perhaps?

SandyJoy

Post by SandyJoy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:02 pm

alex wrote:I just had to mention that, in my experience, ending the domination of 'the old man' through direct inquiry and seeing the nature of mind is what has really revealed the Truth and allowed the Child to stay and play
Yes, Alex, good point-- Thanks for mentioning it-- That is true, you can find the Child along the way to 'dismantling' the old man. But it helps a lot to know that you are 'looking for Something you are' and not just getting rid of 'something you are not'---Your intuitive knowing already knew this point.

But most non-dual teachings do not mention 'what we might be looking for'-- Most non-dual teachings have the student believing that he is 'supposed to reach' a state of emptiness and a denial of the world. Which is impossible and the struggles never end. The Sweet Relief never comes.

Some, like you start to think "this can't be right" and you follow your heart. When we follow our own Heart and listen to those insights and Glimmers that come to us directly as ours, that is the very beginning of finding the Child in you--you were on your way because you had a "mind of your own' despite the protests of non-dual teachings that say "you have no 'self''---You knew otherwise, after all you had a child and your child came with a very distinct and special and divine and holy little person there--You saw the Soul and True Self clearly there as your precious son-- you knew there was a divine Identity and your own 'external child' showed you that by his Love for you-- and of course the many other things that came and told you 'there is more'-- you felt Something deep within that told you there is Something Here that is 'leading me' and you listened to It--and that Is the Child-- You did it your way--and that was your ticket to Home Free!

And yes, Alex, once you begin to see this, the power grows, the strength comes, the confidence, the knowing, the Joy, the fearlessness, just as you are seeing and becoming. My becoming now just never ends--it is so beautiful to see how Life continues to bring me the most amazing 'situations' or people, or surprises that just keep my life filled growing possibilities and actions. You will find your self doing amazing things and shining your Light for this world in your own divinely special way--you see it already, you know what It is.

So, yes, you are right, very certainly the Child can be found through "inquiry" but most get very stuck in the jargon and in the misunderstood meaning of the message. You were among the lucky ones whose Child had not been so covered up by the stubborn old controlling shadow that you broke free, you did it and now just run with it, grab it and run with it!

I would guess there are many ways to arrive at the Child, one can find It at any time, in any way, along the way, but, without the Child none of the 'studies' or 'ways' will be satisfying or fulfilling nor helpful to us, we won't find our salvation or our Self fulfilled and moving on and growing in our world until and unless we do find our own Inner Guide and Inner connection to the Source/Godhead/ All.

Neither religions nor metaphysics point to this discovery of our eternal soul, our original nature, our Christ Light within and without---and because they do not shine any light on this subject-- the search becomes fruitless.

It has been fruitless now for many millennia-- But, now the Tree is in bloom and is time for the harvest.

I love you Sweet Girl, what beautiful Light you are--keep shining, stand true to your Heart, that Child of Knows God, She sits right next to God, so Trust her all the way---The world needs you now.

Love, Sandy

SandyJoy

Post by SandyJoy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:03 pm

kutto wrote:Thats lovely Sandy
Hey Dear One, thanks--I am glad your Christ Light Child recognized His own True Self in that -- Love you-- Sandy

SandyJoy

Post by SandyJoy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:21 pm

Fore, Fore, Dear Fore, I am sorry it makes no sense to you.
Fore wrote:Pretty words Sandwedge, but still don't have a clue as to the difference. You seem to be advocating a permanent self child within and a separate unique God? Permanent soul perhaps?
Yes, a Soul, the Soul is the Child, the Child is the Christ within us, which is The Image of God as the Son of God or for you Fore; the Child is the Knowing of God and God is the Knower---

The Child is within and without --both places at once because there is Only One place to be which is Here and Now as Awareness. The Child is like the photon, both wave and particle, Everywhere at Once, while also residing right there, up close and very personal as your True Self--grounded, and real right here in you --as your unique, holy and specially independently, individually You as your Self -- in the world an Expression of God the All in all.

Eternal is not quite the same as 'permanent' ---permanent suggests 'rock solid' to me, where as Eternal is more free flowing and wide open and free--so I would not use that particular word for This Divine Self---It sits right next to Reality/God.

Keep the diversity, keep the individuality, keep the Heart wide open, keep your Freedom, keep your own council, keep going, you doing fine. A little more fun, and love and being loved, laughter and being true to your self-- and a little less Self-flagellation and take off the hair shirt and put on a nice soft, pink Izod for a good round of golf and pleasure---yes, pleasure, fresh air, a nice breeze, perhaps the Course at Carmel. The Child just might show up out there on the cliffs above the sea-- as move along following the bouncing ball.

Fore

Post by Fore » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:50 pm

SandyJoy wrote: Yes, a Soul, the Soul is the Child, the Child is the Christ within us, which is The Image of God as the Son of God or for you Fore; the Child is the Knowing of God and God is the Knower---
So the child is the illusion, the stockpile of tension remaining in the spring. I don't understand what it is you think you have found that is worth getting so worked up over. Basically you've become aware of Dukkha(misery/unsatifactoriness) but you seem to be clinging to it, and in all likelihood intensifying it. Whatever it is your experiencing, can you not see that it is fleeting, not worth getting worked up over? You often describe your inability to hold this back, you feel as though you are going to burst. This is not good, this is multiplying your misery. The only difference is that you think you are experiencing something pleasant, and you are multiplying this pleasantness. This pleasantness if it were to become your default state would soon become unsatisfying.
Sandy feel this moment as it is, as it presents itself, and do not add any labels to this (Christ child within) give it no importance whatsoever, simply observe this and its unsatisfactory changing nature. Develop in awareness and sharpen the mind to penetrate to subtler levels of reality. Do not try to intensify these subtler realities just see their changing nature. As the mind lets go of the "stuff" your true nature will have more space. You will simply be happy. :) Not overly happy in an unbalanced way but simply happy in a not needing anything to be otherwise kind of way.
SandyJoy wrote: The Child is within and without --both places at once because there is Only One place to be which is Here and Now as Awareness. The Child is like the photon, both wave and particle, Everywhere at Once, while also residing right there, up close and very personal as your True Self--grounded, and real right here in you --as your unique, holy and specially independently, individually You as your Self -- in the world an Expression of God the All in all.
You seem to be describing more "stuff" and this is not who you are, this is simply the past stockpile of misery to be aware of and allow to come to the surface and pass away, not to get excited about and multiply.
SandyJoy wrote: Eternal is not quite the same as 'permanent' ---permanent suggests 'rock solid' to me, where as Eternal is more free flowing and wide open and free--so I would not use that particular word for This Divine Self---It sits right next to Reality/God.
Both "rock solid" or "free flowing" is still stuff neither of this is permanent or eternal it rises to pass away. Just mere awareness/God is eternal/permanent. "It's" origin is not dependent on any factors.
SandyJoy wrote: Keep the diversity, keep the individuality, keep the Heart wide open, keep your Freedom, keep your own council, keep going, you doing fine. A little more fun, and love and being loved, laughter and being true to your self-- and a little less Self-flagellation and take off the hair shirt and put on a nice soft, pink Izod for a good round of golf and pleasure---yes, pleasure, fresh air, a nice breeze, perhaps the Course at Carmel. The Child just might show up out there on the cliffs above the sea-- as move along following the bouncing ball.
I would say don't "keep" anything, let it all go, also don't force the heart to remain open, accept whatever level of open-ness or closed-ness presents itself at this moment, there is nothing wrong with observing any emotion you are experiencing currently, just don't try to add to it, let it come and go naturally. Pink shirts, black shirts, epic views, idealistic weather, just more stuff to identify with, let it go Sandy it is all unsatisfactory.

SandyJoy

Post by SandyJoy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:24 am

Fore, I did let it go, a long time ago--

I found my Peace and Joy--You asked me what the Child is and you do not hear what I say. It is as if you have put mental fingers in your mental ears.

I did not ask for your help to understand anything about me or my life.

You are insincere and we have been here before. Do not ask me things that you do not want to listen to with an open mind.

Stop it.

You do not like me and you do not understand one thing about who I am or what I am talking about. Leave me alone now.

I shall go right on with what I love and cherish and I will continue share my joyful heart with my world.

You seem to get pleasure in fighting with me--- I will not fight with you, as much as you seem to want that, by trying to distort and corrupt what I write.

I am trustworthy, I am honest, and I do not play twisted games with people for pleasure, like you do.