What was your first post on these forums?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
peas

What was your first post on these forums?

Post by peas » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:04 am

A fun exercise we may all like to try:

Q/ What was your first post on these forums and would you change any of what you said if you rewrote it now?

---

I'll kick it off...

First Post:
"Physical death is not the end if the ego. It's just the end of that particular host. The ego is strengthened by such strong identification with negative thoughts ie. I cannot live with myself. It is a victory if anything."

Context:
In answer to why the ego allows suicide to take place when it is afraid of death.

Changes: Nope.

smiileyjen101

Re: What was your first post on these forums?

Post by smiileyjen101 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:54 am

Re: In what context are we one?
Postby smiileyjen101 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:32 am

In what context are we one?
Lovely question!

For me, in the same way that one drop of rain is part of the air, the cloud, the puddle, the stream, the river, the ocean, the wind-draft, the leaf, the stem, the roots, the earth, the sun, the hands, the lips, the tongue, the throat, the inner body... cyclically and eternally touching and transforming, we are one.
Lots has 'changed' but nothing has really.

Still the same too Peas. (although I did correct a misspelling :wink: )
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com

hanss

Post by hanss » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:00 pm

I was often worried about the future, what will happen, how should I fix this and that. I was also angry at myself how I had lived my life. Wrong education, bad decisions and so on. There is still some of it left but already after a few days of reading I felt better. I'm very far from enlightened but a few minutes of awareness each day is better than none at all :)
No change. 8)
"In today's rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being."
(Eckhart Tolle)

peas

Post by peas » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:11 am

It's fascinating how, when you 'live in the now', there is less compulsion to change things you said. There's freedom in that.

Thanks for sharing Jen and Hanss.