Tired of the play

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Re: Tired of the play

Postby Webwanderer » Tue May 13, 2014 1:48 pm

Is seems that 'enlightenment' is a moving target depending on one's addiction to the term.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby beginnersmind » Tue May 13, 2014 2:00 pm

Fore wrote:
Phil2 wrote: Another important fact aboutad'sng and stress is this: when you smoke, the smoker takes some moments of freedom, he takes some minutes to 'enjoy' smoking, and in this action he can be present, forget about his other problems ... and this very 'presence' has a stress relief effect ... it's a 'break' ...

That's suppression, not freedom from stress, the stress will return.

I'm typing from my phone so hopefully keep it short. This is not a fact, but a fallacy. Smoking is not a freedom, but a prison. Smoking doesn't make one present, it relieves drug withdrawal. It's not about enjoying smoking, but a relief of withdrawal anxieties.

What you are describing are one of the many psychological beliefs that arise in a smoker due to the conditioning from physical addiction. I call it the belief that the cigarette is life's buffer. The smoker doesn't forget about life's problems when smoking. They are relieving drug withdrawal exacerbated by stress, so hopefully they can get on with life.

Edit to add: it is like someone suffering from a headache and then taking an aspirin that instantly relieves it. After the headache is relieved, can the person then focus on the task at hand better? Sure. But I'd think most would agree to purposely cause a headache, just to feel the relief of it going away due to taking the aspirin, is insane. That is essentially what smoking is.

From my own experience, talking with countless people, and watching my co workers who still smoke deal with this, I see they are still every bit stuck in their stories, they are just smoking while doing it.
Last edited by beginnersmind on Tue May 13, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
beginnersmind

Postby beginnersmind » Tue May 13, 2014 2:08 pm

Fore wrote:
beginnersmind wrote: Why did N.M. smoke? Because he was addicted.

Identification with form, not fully enlightened. must have been under some delusion to think otherwise.

Mooji smokes pot, hmmm, makes you wonder what these fellows are practicing and if it is the same message Eckhart is preaching? I'm not sure if Mooji claims to be enlightened, he certainly comes across as someone with a great deal of presence. Or does he simply smoke pot for medicinal purposes? If there are any?

Perhaps these guys are just really good public speakers, and draw a big crowd?

What does Eckhart say about nicotine and drug consumption?

This is why I don't bother with the concept of enlightenment. I have a friend who my neighbor describes as Zen like. Little does she know that he's always high.

Eckhart has said he's taken LSD on the past, doesn't recommend it, lol. He also jokes about people seeing him drink coffee and that he shouldn't do that because he wrote a spiritual book
beginnersmind

Postby Phil2 » Tue May 13, 2014 2:10 pm

Fore wrote:
Phil2 wrote: Another important fact about smoking and stress is this: when you smoke, the smoker takes some moments of freedom, he takes some minutes to 'enjoy' smoking, and in this action he can be present, forget about his other problems ... and this very 'presence' has a stress relief effect ... it's a 'break' ...

That's suppression, not freedom from stress, the stress will return.

Oh yes I agree ... let's be clear I do not recommend this method at all ... still it could explain (maybe partially) why smoking is efficient on stress relief ...

:-)
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby Phil2 » Tue May 13, 2014 2:16 pm

Fore wrote: I'm not sure if Mooji claims to be enlightened

Don't know if Mooji is enlightened, but what Mooji said is "Forget about enlightenment" ... this seems to me a pretty good advice ... he also defined his method jokingly as "the lazy man's path to enlightenment" ...

Last edited by Phil2 on Tue May 13, 2014 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby beginnersmind » Tue May 13, 2014 2:24 pm

Phil2 wrote:
beginnersmind wrote: I'm not sure if Mooji claims to be enlightened

Don't know if Mooji is enlightened, but what Mooji said is "Forget about enlightenment" ... this seems to me a pretty good advice ... he also defined his method jokingly as "the lazy man's path to enlightenment" ...

I didn't write that. I just quoted it
beginnersmind

Postby beginnersmind » Tue May 13, 2014 2:26 pm

Onceler wrote:Makes sense to me, beginnersmind.

Thanks Onceler. I wrote that so fast that coming back to re read some of it. It seemed a bit dis jointed.
beginnersmind

Postby Phil2 » Tue May 13, 2014 2:31 pm

beginnersmind wrote:I didn't write that. I just quoted it

Sorry, I corrected my post ...
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby peas » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:20 am

dijmart wrote:If I was only interested in seeking my own advice, then there would be no thread, it would not have been posted

Perfect. Try that. Don't post anything for a week. See what happens. Observe the thought that tries to get you back into asking for other people's advice. Follow that voice in your head through to the end. Where is it's root? We don't have to believe the self-talk.

dijmart wrote:, but instead I wanted to hear what others had to say regarding how I feel

How can anyone know how you feel? Surely the best source for that is inside your self.

Look within, the answers await you.
peas

Postby dijmart » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:02 pm

Peas,

Much has changed since the posting of this thread and since you had stopped posting on the forum.
Welcome back!

Peace to you,

Diana
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby peas » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:29 pm

Yes, nothing has changed really.
peas

Postby Mystic » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:02 pm

This perceptual world is, in a way, symbolic ...as if a dream. Sometimes intuitions, inspirations, and insights come from within. You could call them brief awakenings to the fact that there is more to reality than what meets the physical eye. Most scriptures have layers of meaning that on the surface appear as laws, rules, and regulations ...but, are in truth allegorical parables with deeper levels of meaning. In life, the pearl of truth is hidden under a dense cover of perceptual circumstance.
Mystic

Postby Enlightened2B » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:38 pm

I'd say all of those rules, laws, regulations are merely belief systems that we have collectively agreed upon. The only true "law" if you want to call it a "law", is that reality or what we perceive as reality, is merely a mirror....aka.....the law of attraction of our own deepest core beliefs. Any other perceived law other than the LoA is absolutely malleable, but would take incredible focus to move beyond the resistance of our own deepest beliefs. But, even gravity (which is just another agreed upon belief) has been shown to be malleable, such as those who have levitated in deep states of meditation. Yet, the path of least resistance would dictate that trying to bend these other "laws" is likely not the most rewarding path. Any belief yet, that we can NOT bend those laws just keeps us feeling more limited and worthless. To see yourself as the creator of everything entails a strong sense of trust that you can create anything you so choose. Yet, again, the easier way to do this is to shift realities by altering your vibration by shifting your core belief systems through the path of least resistance without trying to transcend the belief in gravity which likely would bring very little enrichment to our lives.

I've been exploring Neville Goddard a bit lately and finding some resonance with his teachings.

What brings you back to this thread Mystic?
Enlightened2B

Postby Mystic » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:56 pm

Enlightened2B wrote:I'd say all of those rules, laws, regulations are merely belief systems that we have collectively agreed upon. The only true "law" if you want to call it a "law", is that reality or what we perceive as reality, is merely a mirror....aka.....the law of attraction of our own deepest core beliefs. Any other perceived law other than the LoA is absolutely malleable, but would take incredible focus to move beyond the resistance of our own deepest beliefs. But, even gravity (which is just another agreed upon belief) has been shown to be malleable, such as those who have levitated in deep states of meditation. Yet, the path of least resistance would dictate that trying to bend these other "laws" is likely not the most rewarding path. Any belief yet, that we can NOT bend those laws just keeps us feeling more limited and worthless. To see yourself as the creator of everything entails a strong sense of trust that you can create anything you so choose. Yet, again, the easier way to do this is to shift realities by altering your vibration by shifting your core belief systems through the path of least resistance without trying to transcend the belief in gravity which likely would bring very little enrichment to our lives.

I've been exploring Neville Goddard a bit lately and finding some resonance with his teachings.

What brings you back to this thread Mystic?

Hello Enlightened2B :) It sounds like you are saying that the world is our oyster and the pearl of great price(truth and wisdom) is to be discovered by looking within. This thread has people looking for that pearl ...as we all are. The law of attraction sounds like the law of cause and effect. We stare at the mirror that has been perceptually darkened. When your eye(perception) is single, your body shall be full of light but if your eye is darkened then you cannot see the face of Christ(Love) in all things. Our mind is divided and the brain is split in two. The brain is divided into left brain and right brain and perhaps each half contains a little bit of the other, just like the yin-yang symbol. Reading and contemplation over the many scriptures can be helpful in the search for awakening ...then there is also practical application or spiritual practice ...and then there is communication, The shared unity of the one Life that is in all things.

Contemplation

Meditation

Communication

:D
Mystic

Postby Enlightened2B » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:41 pm

The LoA teachings of Abraham and the same lineage are really all about spiritual awakening. If we really grasp the nature of their teachings (which many don't unfortunately because of previous belief systems about what the LoA is or is not perhaps based on the mis-representation of it in 'other' spiritual circles), the entire premise is NOT to collect physical manifestations, but actually to connect to who we truly are. It's all about coming back home into alignment with ourselves and realizing how incredibly powerful we all are as creators. Abraham stresses that it is never about the manifestation itself that brings us joy, but the feeling behind the manifestation or what we believe the manifestation will bring to our lives. Therefore, it always comes back to allowing and surrender which is still the focal point of all spirituality. We can only truly know ourselves through surrender and self love. But, an evaluation of belief systems is pertinent (for me it has been at least).
Enlightened2B

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion