Does Consciousness Vibrate?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
surfingisfun

Does Consciousness Vibrate?

Post by surfingisfun » Fri May 09, 2014 5:51 pm

Does Consciousness have a vibration? Does it vibrate? Or is it 100% still and not vibrate? If so does everything else in existence have a vibration? Does the sun have a vibration? I imagine rocks have a low vibration. People have a vibration. Bees and hummingbirds have a higher vibration. Does that sound accurate? Is it accurate to say that Consciousness is 100% still, the only 'thing' in existence without a vibration? Just curious. :mrgreen:

Phil2

Re: Does Consciousness Vibrate?

Post by Phil2 » Fri May 09, 2014 9:46 pm

surfingisfun wrote:Does Consciousness have a vibration? Does it vibrate? Or is it 100% still and not vibrate? If so does everything else in existence have a vibration? Does the sun have a vibration? I imagine rocks have a low vibration. People have a vibration. Bees and hummingbirds have a higher vibration. Does that sound accurate? Is it accurate to say that Consciousness is 100% still, the only 'thing' in existence without a vibration? Just curious. :mrgreen:
Vibration is energy ... hence material ... a form ... awareness is formless ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)

Enlightened2B

Post by Enlightened2B » Fri May 09, 2014 10:56 pm

surfingisfun wrote:Does Consciousness have a vibration? Does it vibrate? Or is it 100% still and not vibrate? If so does everything else in existence have a vibration? Does the sun have a vibration? I imagine rocks have a low vibration. People have a vibration. Bees and hummingbirds have a higher vibration. Does that sound accurate? Is it accurate to say that Consciousness is 100% still, the only 'thing' in existence without a vibration? Just curious. :mrgreen:
That's a tough question to answer because you're asking to describe something that has no form as we know it (Consciousness) and whether or not it has objective attributes such as 'vibration'.

Physicist John Hagelin has essentially described the 'Unified Field' as a 'vibrational sea of potentiality'. So, you can perhaps take that to mean that each of us is merely a vibration of mere potential in the form of Consciousness. Each of us vibrates at different frequencies perhaps and when something is made known, it is no longer 'potential'.

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Sat May 10, 2014 2:41 am

Good question, one I've recently thought myself, not just vibration or not usual vibration, but fine/subtle one, including energy and aliveness. I found some quotes that use these type of words and put the sources. Although I had read all of these words before, they took on new meaning recently. In the past week, I've been able to feel the inner body much more then ever before. Actually, my whole body all at once, it was so intense the first time this happened and it didn't seem like this energy/aliveness ended with the body. Since the first time this happened, I've noticed it continues to happen, if I'm relaxed mostly, but if other worldly stuff is primary I can barely feel it. This has now made me look at presence/awareness/consciousness differently.

Some may say "it's a state, it comes and goes, it's not real". However, it seems more "real" than anything, more alive then this body ever has. Will it last? dunno...
btw, this actually started soon after I "dropped" my ego that was arguing with another forum member on another thread. I just really let it go completely!

Tolle says often you can FEEL presence, but I never did before, didn't realize he meant it could actually be felt.

Quotes:

"So it is essential to bring more consciousness into your life in ordinary situations when everything is going relatively smoothly. In this way, you grow in presence power. It generates an energy field in you and around you of a high vibrational frequency. No unconsciousness, no negativity, no discord or violence can enter that field and survive, just as darkness cannot survive in the presence of light." E. Tolle

http://communicate.eckharttolle.com/new ... nce-power/

"Those seven days were of tremendous transformation, total transformation. And the last day the presence of a totally new energy, a new light and new delight, became so intense that it was almost unbearable -- as if I was exploding, as if I was going mad with blissfulness. The new generation in the West has the right word for it -- I was blissed out, stoned.

"It was impossible to make any sense out of it, what was happening. It was a very non-sense world -- difficult to figure it out, difficult to manage in categories, difficult to use words, languages, explanations. All scriptures appeared dead and all the words that have been used for this experience looked very pale, anaemic. This was so alive. It was like a tidal wave of bliss. " Osho

http://kinkazzosho.blogspot.com/2006/09 ... ening.html

"In the light of calm and steady self-awareness, inner energies wake up and work miracles
without any effort on your part” Nisargadatta

http://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/ ... ta_Maharaj

There's probably more or better quotes, but you get the idea.
Take what you like and leave the rest.

Enlightened2B

Post by Enlightened2B » Sat May 10, 2014 4:10 am

dijmart wrote: btw, this actually started soon after I "dropped" my ego that was arguing with another forum member on another thread. I just really let it go completely!

Tolle says often you can FEEL presence, but I never did before, didn't realize he meant it could actually be felt.

Great stuff dijmart. I've found this happens to me too at times especially in my case, if I've been under stress about a situation. When I let it go, and just rest in being, that energy/presence/aliveness is stronger than ever and shines through.

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Sat May 10, 2014 4:18 am

Enlightened2B wrote:
dijmart wrote: btw, this actually started soon after I "dropped" my ego that was arguing with another forum member on another thread. I just really let it go completely!

Great stuff dijmart. I've found this happens to me too at times especially in my case, if I've been under stress about a situation. When I let it go, and just rest in being, that energy/presence/aliveness is stronger than ever and shines through.
HA. good to know! I was unwilling to bring this up on my own, so I'm glad the OP did. Thanks! :D

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Sat May 10, 2014 4:38 pm

I was flipping through ANE and came across this, so here you go...

"So your physical  body,  which  is form, reveals itself as essentially formless when you go deeper into it. It becomes a doorway into inner space. 
Although inner space has no form, it is intensely alive. That “empty space” is life in its fullness, the unmanifested Source out of which all manifestation 
flows. The traditional word for that Source is God.

Thoughts and words belong to the world of form; they cannot express the  formless. So when you say, “I can feel my inner body” that is a misperception created by thought.  What is really happening is that the consciousness that appears as the body – the consciousness that I Am – is becoming conscious of itself. When I no longer confuse who I am with a temporary form of “me,” then the dimension of the limitless and the eternal – God can express itself through “me” and guide “me.” it also frees me from 
dependency on form. However, a purely intellectual recognition or belief “I am not this form”  does not help. The all important question is: At this moment, can I sense the presence of inner space, which really means, can I sense my own Presence, or rather, the Presence that I Am?"

E.T.- A New Earth, page 251

Fore

Post by Fore » Sat May 10, 2014 6:52 pm

When you sit with this energy vibration that Dijmart is mentioning, this is the field of wisdom. There is a complete set of wisdom teachings that correspond to this flow. The opening of the body is part of these. Also to see this flow as impermanent, egoless and suffering. This vibrational energy as Phil2 said is form, consciousness contacts this form but is not this form.

Consciousness is the still silent ever watchful ever present awareness of this form.

Panda Knight 8

Post by Panda Knight 8 » Sat May 10, 2014 10:48 pm

I see consciousness in all matter. It doesn't really vibrate but moves up and down and left and right. It only applies to my perception, everyone else thinks im schizoprenic.

Basically when you look at an object, you kind of have to separate the analyzing and look at the "space" of your perception. It requires you to be still.

So yes, from my own immediate experience, consciousness has intelligence, i don't see it vibrate, but it does "respond" to my perception.

It is almost like the rock cannot become "alive" with out your "perception" So basically the world needs a perceiving consciousness to "come alive".

If that makes sense.

Hope that helps, it has been only from my own experience.

Psychoslice

Post by Psychoslice » Sat May 10, 2014 11:43 pm

Yes I agree with Fore , pure source or consciousness doesn't vibrate, the only vibration the has anything to do with consciousness is what arises from consciousness, and also the experience of enlightenment itself which is secondary to that which is.

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Sun May 11, 2014 3:49 pm

This energy/vibration of the body, that happened spontaneously, had confused me a bit. But, I've come to clarity that it is not consciousness itself, but a manifestation in/of consciousness. It comes and goes, is different in strength depending on what is happening, therefore what is aware of this, is actually consciousness/awareness/presence.

Fore

Post by Fore » Sun May 11, 2014 11:35 pm

dijmart wrote:This energy/vibration of the body, that happened spontaneously, had confused me a bit. But, I've come to clarity that it is not consciousness itself, but a manifestation in/of consciousness. It comes and goes, is different in strength depending on what is happening, therefore what is aware of this, is actually consciousness/awareness/presence.
Yes, but be careful it is not the ego aware of this, the thought "ah this vibration, this must be consciousness aware of this". There will be the voice oh I like this vibration and then there will be the voice oh I don't like that vibration. When this vibration ceases this is death of the body, mind is then free of body and expands out to every space of the universe(formless). If this mind shuts down then consciousness becomes aware of "itself"(Nibbana, the end of suffering). Understand this is beyond time but in conventional terms this experience may last but a moment, or may last a few minutes, hours, or longer. This is pure consciousness and when one is reborn back in the world with all the vibrations, one is "gifted the knowledge" of this stillness within each and everyone of us.

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Mon May 12, 2014 12:31 am

Fore wrote:
dijmart wrote:This energy/vibration of the body, that happened spontaneously, had confused me a bit. But, I've come to clarity that it is not consciousness itself, but a manifestation in/of consciousness. It comes and goes, is different in strength depending on what is happening, therefore what is aware of this, is actually consciousness/awareness/presence.
Yes, but be careful it is not the ego aware of this, the thought "ah this vibration, this must be consciousness aware of this". There will be the voice oh I like this vibration and then there will be the voice oh I don't like that vibration. When this vibration ceases this is death of the body, mind is then free of body and expands out to every space of the universe(formless). If this mind shuts down then consciousness becomes aware of "itself"(Nibbana, the end of suffering). Understand this is beyond time but in conventional terms this experience may last but a moment, or may last a few minutes, hours, or longer. This is pure consciousness and when one is reborn back in the world with all the vibrations, one is "gifted the knowledge" of this stillness within each and everyone of us.
I'm saying there is awareness of the energy/vibration and the coming and going, therefore it can't be consciousness itself that is energy/vibration. I didn't say anything about any voices judging liking or not liking it. There is not any of that, only a recognition that something is aware of this phenomena taking place. It's happening now, there is no thought wanting it to leave or intensify, it's like everything else. It just is what it is. In past posts, I said it was alive, more alive than this body has ever been, but perhaps I'm now just feeling the body as it truly is, when relaxed.

Fore

Post by Fore » Mon May 12, 2014 1:36 am

dijmart wrote: I'm saying there is awareness of the energy/vibration and the coming and going, therefore it can't be consciousness itself that is energy/vibration. I didn't say anything about any voices judging liking or not liking it. There is not any of that, only a recognition that something is aware of this phenomena taking place. It's happening now, there is no thought wanting it to leave or intensify, it's like everything else. It just is what it is. In past posts, I said it was alive, more alive than this body has ever been, but perhaps I'm now just feeling the body as it truly is, when relaxed.
It is much easier to feel this when relaxed. I know that after a Hatha Yoga class they have everyone lie on their backs and scan the body to feel this. In my practice they have us work in the seated position, mostly gross intensified sensations came up for me when I began entering the field of wisdom, I was sitting with these for years, when I would lie down in bed at night I would experience the more pleasant tingly stuff.

Now the mind is somewhat cleaner and a lot of the real bad-asses have conformed and there is more of the tingles or faster moving flowing sensations (less blockages). I can also begin to work with these sensations quite easily, they are very much always available now, before I had to work with the breath to develop calm before they became apparent. When you are calm and relaxed naturally we have better concentration, the mind is sharper and can penetrate to this subtlety of experience.

This is the sub-conscious mind, at this level of experience you can feel the thoughts and their corresponding effect on this flow. Thoughts create this flow, thoughts of purer nature have less tension thoughts full of greed, hatred and ignorance create much stress and tension. Seeing this one naturally comes out of creating thoughts that lead to misery, as this is a process as one purifies the mind this flow will become subtler and subtler and subtler. This subtler quieter less chaotic body will become our norm, but this is still not stillness this is misery, and so we come out of even these purer thoughts, and the body quiets even more. Bit by bit like cream rising to the top, we come out of thinking.

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Wed May 14, 2014 2:29 am

Yum Yum Yum!!!

Imagine a still lake and you are a drop of water in it.
Until you become a part of a rising wave, or something interacts with you / moves you - a breeze, a fly, a fish, one is still and undivided from the still lake.

What arises out of the lake takes on a vibrationary rate in activity, arising - be that mental, physical or emotional.

When we become 'still' again we notice the absence of division, of activity - (mental, emotional and physical) like being still in a perfectly warm bath. (hmm, like in utero before birth).

Some may achieve mental peace and not physical, or emotional peace and not mental, and all the combinations. Utter still is one with everything, yes in fleeting moments.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com