Meditation and Mourning?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Re: Meditation and Mourning?

Postby smiileyjen101 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:44 am

slurp slurp slurp :D

I just listened, and smiled BIG at a free podcast by Esther Hicks on 'Clarity' it has mentions of goose bumps and what that is, and non physical consciousness and interestedness and choices we make, of a kind that I think will hit the mark in this topic -- enjoy :D

https://itunes.apple.com/au/podcast/hay ... 22135?mt=2
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby eaglestare » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:20 am

Wow! I just listened to it, and couldn't absorb it all. So, I'll have to listen to it again and again. Hmmm...interestednessness! :D
eaglestare

Postby Pako Chubi » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:47 am

Don´t worry, don't worry about anything, just be. Being is the opposite of worring. Can´t your beingness be enough to make your MOMENT feel fullfilled? Yes it can, as you deepen into now to now consciousness. Every thought that you have, emotion, feeling, let it happen in the space of YOURSELF... See what happens, or is there any reason to use any more words
Pako Chubi

Postby Phil2 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:50 am

Pako Chubi wrote:Don´t worry, don't worry about anything, just be. Being is the opposite of worring. Can´t your beingness be enough to make your MOMENT feel fullfilled? Yes it can, as you deepen into now to now consciousness. Every thought that you have, emotion, feeling, let it happen in the space of YOURSELF... See what happens, or is there any reason to use any more words

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. "
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby eaglestare » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:17 am

Well, the dilemma has been, "Can I ever 'be', like I could be when I was with him (Rook)?" I think I hesitate to meditate because it always makes me think of him and wish he was right next to me (in his form). But it does help to reread everyones posts here to keep me in the right perspective. Yes, I do know what it's like to just BE. It was a wonderful feeling when I learned how to do that so well with Rook. He was such an inspiration to practice beingness, you know. Thank you so much for the reminders to just be. :D

Patricia
Last edited by eaglestare on Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
eaglestare

Postby Phil2 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:07 am

eaglestare wrote: I think I hesitate to meditate because it always makes me think of him and wish he was right next to me (in his form).

Yes, meditation is a healing process ... you have to face your own pains during meditation ... and this frees you in the end ... but this process is painful, this is why meditation is difficult for most people, they want to escape from their pains, to avoid this painful experience ...

As Carl Jung said:

There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own Soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby eaglestare » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:18 am

Thank you, Carl!
eaglestare

Postby Phil2 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:57 am

eaglestare wrote:Thank you, Carl!

Yes Carl Jung was a precursor ... also widely misunderstood in his time like all precursors ...
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby eaglestare » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:33 am

Lately I have been wondering if those times of grieving, like the waves that come and tears flow, is that what Eckhart Tolle would call part of the "pain body"? In those instances, is it appropriate then to accept the wave, acknowledge it as the pain body returning, and fully experience it, or turn it off and get back to stillness without thought? This is the time of year that Rook passed away last year, and so the intensity of the grieving returned. I did feel better after acknowledging it and letting myself feel the sadness and the pain of missing him while out walking in the park. I just wondered if it was the pain body, and if mourning is an example of it. Your responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
eaglestare

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:05 am

What ET meant by the pain body is really only his to say yes or no to.

For me, it seemed like the 'false cloaks' of fear that one draws around them at times, and then carries around.

It's possible that the arising emotions of grief are similar - what is it about a particular part of the year that pricks at us to remember and revisit that which brought us both joy and pain? If we're honest we carry the truth of the joy and the pain all the time - it's an external 'pointer' a date on a calendar that reminds us that possibly we 'should' think more about it and spend more time with it than at other times of the year. Without the calendar how would we know?

To honour the memory in acceptance, or wallow in it in resistance... the quality of the experience will be determined by which it is in spirit,
> an acceptance of the joy-sorrow as a by-product of the love and loss ----- our attention is in harmony in the memories and grateful for the connection - even though, even though; tears of searing pain released, lumps held hard in the chest will melt when brought to our attention, and for a time it might feel like the cold finger of Jack Frost is touching and burning and numbing the insides of our being, and then, and then, when all the resistances have been removed, melted, absorbed, then, only then the lightness, the nakedness, the authenticity of the love sits calm and still as 'is', just 'is'.

or it will be a litany of cloaks of false fears - the 'shoulds' and 'should nots' brought out to air and inflated before being drawn around us. These will create busyness - I must and then... I should, it should, they should .... who should? and one will draw those cloaks around oneself and feel the heavy weight of them.

I don't know if it's the 'pain body' or not Eagle, only you can know by the experience and effect of it.

Always the difference is in love or in fear - what opens us up, what closes us down.
What allows us to sit quietly with the truth, and what makes us rail against it as if it 'should be', other than it is.

So the acceptance of 'is' is not a bad thing - grief is likely a journey of shedding and peeling those cloaks of false... whatever.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
smiileyjen101

Postby eaglestare » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:44 am

Thank you, Smiley for your insight!
eaglestare

Postby eaglestare » Sun May 31, 2015 5:18 am

I just reread your last post, Smiley, and am understanding it more and more. I think you are saying it is the pain body if we have regrets, guilt, questioning, etc., that do not have to do with what 'is". So, therefore, it is not really "pain body" if we are simply missing someone, and accepting that the form is gone and cannot return. Do you agree? Anyone else have thoughts?
eaglestare

Postby smiileyjen101 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:20 am

Eaglestare said: therefore, it is not really "pain body" if we are simply missing someone, and accepting that the form is gone and cannot return. Do you agree? Anyone else have thoughts?

I think I agree Eagle, :wink: our emotions meet our thoughts, our thoughts meet our interpretation of stimuli - something 're-minds' (brings into our minds, our attention) us of our loved ones, with further attention the reality of the fact they're not here also surfaces, and we meet that too, either with love - gratitude & generosity, or with fear and rejection / reaction.

One thing I love in ET's work is where he says if you're not in a state of acceptance (what is), enjoyment - pouring joy into what is, or enthusiasm pouring joy in to the moments and enjoying the ride - then the unconscious states of making an enemy, obstacle or means to an end of what is can arise.

If you start justifying the unconscious - then you are entrenching the suffering for self and/or others by your state of mind.

So - if you are in a state of acceptance (it is what it is) then while you may feel the pain or sorrow or disappointment of that, but you are not creating unnecessary suffering on top of it.
Disappointment is merely the distance between expectation and reality.

Grief, for me, is working out which is which. My 'expectations' were never real, I just imagine/d - hope/d - thought they would be.

Ego demands that they 'should' be real, and when it's pretty obvious that they are not or cannot be, to hold to the 'should' creates unnecessary suffering. (as well as being pretty nuts really)

The layer below that is to accept that that will at times be our reality - that we are creating unnecessary suffering. When we wake ourself up to that, only then can we truly choose to change our state of mind and move into acceptance again.

We are always a work in progress, and (in acceptance) that's okay too. :)
smiileyjen101

Postby addseo1115 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:23 am

how dogs could do that. You have trained them hard.
I have enjoyed with your story, thanks.
addseo1115

Postby eaglestare » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:31 am

I didn't realize I forgot to reply and thank you, Smiley, for your words of wisdom, and how you interpret Eckhart's teachings regarding "what is". I am currently rereading Power of Now (probably the 3rd time or so), and also Thich Nhat Hanh stuff. I also have played happy and upbeat music as a way of giving myself a break from sadness. I am also doing better at emptying the mind when I feel overloaded, and catching myself thinking too much while walking, and stopping to enjoy my surroundings in nature. Tai chi and qigong really helps, too.
eaglestare

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion