Meditation and Mourning?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Re: Meditation and Mourning?

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:02 am

the 'old guy' in this article has it pretty right I think.

http://www.thatericalper.com/2015/08/16 ... ncredible/
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby eaglestare » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:44 am

Hi! I just thought I'd check in with this thread I created last year, and didn't notice the last post from Smileyjen101.

Wow! That message from the link Smileyjen101 sent me 4 months ago was really significant and profound! Yes, it does say it all just right, and it makes sense. I like his last statement. Thank you so much for sharing that. Everyone should read what the old man said about grieving! This what has been happening to me.

It is now Dec 31, 2015, about a year and half since our GSD Rook passed away. In the last few days I "whispered" to Rook and Cirrus's spirits, I felt the closeness and deep love we have always shared, as I enjoyed a rare sunshine moment after weeks of rain and clouds where I live. Walking in the forest and by the lake as I always had with them, and now with our current dog Shasta, I stopped at familiar places I had been with them, and experienced once again the peace and joy of my surroundings - the clouds opening up to clear blue sky and the winter sun warming my face, the sparkling water on the lake shimmering and dancing, the waves gently rolling, the ducks silently floating by, the green firs trees standing tall in all their grandeur, and everything becoming more vibrant. Tears here and there, but glad I have loved so much and so deeply beyond words.

I wonder, if the waves of grief slow down or stop, does that mean I will forget the deep connectedness I had with them? I sometimes worry about that, and then a wave eventually comes anyway to remind me. Hmmm...

Update about the new dogs: The border collie I rescued Shasta has really settled in and bonded with us, and is enjoying endless playtime with our new German sherpherd puppy (now 6 months) Cedar. It is "not the same", but I know it can't ever be.
eaglestare

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:46 am

Wow! That message from the link Smileyjen101 sent me 4 months ago was really significant and profound! Yes, it does say it all just right, and it makes sense. I like his last statement. Thank you so much for sharing that. Everyone should read what the old man said about grieving! This what has been happening to me.

I too love his - If you're lucky you'll have lots of scars from lots of loves. And lots of shipwrecks.

Lovely to hear from you and to read your gentle musing eaglestare.

I wonder, if the waves of grief slow down or stop, does that mean I will forget the deep connectedness I had with them? I sometimes worry about that, and then a wave eventually comes anyway to remind me. Hmmm...

:) cute... as the old guy said the waves never do stop coming - you do just learn to notice them building & you ride them better from the practice, and you know you'll survive them so you don't tense up, or cause unnecessary suffering on top of, or because of them.

It's then that the waves are sweet reminders & that so hard to describe equilibrium of gratitude & generosity as contained in this quote of yours --
Tears here and there, but glad I have loved so much and so deeply beyond words.

(the day I heard Don Miguel Ruiz in his beautiful caramel voice, say - Lurrvvv, is the equilibrium - of gratitude and generosity.... I had no words, but my heart exploded).

For love, yes for love and in love I will bear this pain when it arises and shine in the joy of it at the same time.

Update about the new dogs: The border collie I rescued Shasta has really settled in and bonded with us, and is enjoying endless playtime with our new German sherpherd puppy (now 6 months) Cedar. It is "not the same", but I know it can't ever be.

:) The true gift of grief, is to become aware that each of us, and every precious moment, is uniquely precious and to be savoured, knowing each are but fleeting expressions of our love.

Love in 2016
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby eaglestare » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:45 am

Yes, they were truly gifts from the Great Spirit! :D
eaglestare

Previous

Return to General Discussion