Understanding the Divine Spirit

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Post Reply
User avatar
ashley72
Posts: 2533
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:24 am

Understanding the Divine Spirit

Post by ashley72 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:27 am

Gottfried Leibniz was credited with laying the foundation from decimal to binary as far back as 1666.

Image
Gottfried Leibniz
Gottfried Leibniz once said “Imaginary numbers are a fine and wonderful refuge of the divine spirit almost an amphibian between being and non-being .”
A Modern Quantum Physics Translation:

Imaginary numbers = 180 degree rotations (oscillations)
Divine Spirit = The Quantum computational Universe
Amphibian = Law of linear superposition
Being = Basis State (observable state)
Non-Being = Superposition (unobservable superposition)

"Spherical wave oscillations are a fine and wonderful refuge of the Quantum computational Universe, a linear superposition between the observable matter and the unobservable energy wave. "

"The Quantum computational nature of the Universe, found a great outlet in that wonder of analysis, the marvel of the ideal world, that linear superposition between an observable state and unobservable superposition."

Image
Spherical Linear Superpositions of In-wave (red) out-wave green - creating an electron or positron (black standing wave).

In physics and systems theory, the superposition principle, also known as superposition property, states that, for all linear systems, the net response at a given place and time caused by two or more stimuli is the sum of the responses which would have been caused by each stimulus individually. So that if input A (green wave) produces response X and input B (red wave) produces response Y then input (A + B) produces response (X + Y) - (the resultant black wave).

Image

User avatar
EnterZenFromThere
Posts: 858
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: Understanding the Divine Spirit

Post by EnterZenFromThere » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:39 am

I have no idea what any of this has to do with spirit!

Haha. Could you perhaps put it across in more layman terms?

Love,

Jack

Ralph
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:08 am

Re: Understanding the Divine Spirit

Post by Ralph » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:07 am

EnterZenFromThere wrote:I have no idea what any of this has to do with spirit! Haha. Could you perhaps put it across in more layman terms?
Well Jack, that's because, in truth, it has nothing to do with Divine Spirit ! ... but I must say, it does look impressive. :)

User avatar
ashley72
Posts: 2533
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:24 am

Re: Understanding the Divine Spirit

Post by ashley72 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:55 am

EnterZenFromThere wrote:I have no idea what any of this has to do with spirit!

Haha. Could you perhaps put it across in more layman terms?

Love,

Jack
Leibniz is purported to have had an IQ above 200, which puts him in a special group of only a handful of people. He's also credited with the discovery of calculus independently of Newton, and his notation is the one in general use since. He also discovered the binary system, foundation of virtually all modern computer architectures.

So anything Leibniz says does interest me deeply. :D

Imaginary number, square root of negative unity, is the mathematical way of handling spherical rotation or maybe a "phase" shift in respects to energy waves. So to go from the manifested (matter) to the Unmanifested (energy).... Some kind of phase shift or spherical rotation is happening.

The "divine spirit" is the "universal" information that gives rise to all physical matter. Lets call this universal information - quantum information. So therefore the divine spirit is just quantum information... which physically can be thought of interacting energy waves.

Do you know how color of matter arises?

It is due to "wave" properties... such as scattering of visible light waves, when certain visible wave-lengths of light get diffused by molecules.The reason a leaf is perceived as green, is because the predominant wavelength of light reflecting off leaf molecules is the green wavelength. The visible green light has a wavelength of about 510 nm. The other wavelengths of light such are being scattered and diffused by the molecules.

So it is if "matter" or the "manifested" is pre-programmed by some universal programming language, which is obeying the law of "matterwave" properties.

Phil2
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Understanding the Divine Spirit

Post by Phil2 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:35 am

ashley72 wrote:
The "divine spirit" is the "universal" information that gives rise to all physical matter.
Ashley, we can agree on this statement ... consciousness (call it "divine spirit" if you like) is primary to matter ...

... however it contradicts what you said in previous threads that matter was primary to consciousness ... and that consciousness was a 'by-product' of matter complexity ...

But it is ok for me Ashley if you changed your mind on this subject ... so welcome to the club !

:D
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)

User avatar
ashley72
Posts: 2533
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:24 am

Re: Understanding the Divine Spirit

Post by ashley72 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:40 pm

Phil2 wrote:
ashley72 wrote:
The "divine spirit" is the "universal" information that gives rise to all physical matter.
Ashley, we can agree on this statement ... consciousness (call it "divine spirit" if you like) is primary to matter ...

... however it contradicts what you said in previous threads that matter was primary to consciousness ... and that consciousness was a 'by-product' of matter complexity ...

But it is ok for me Ashley if you changed your mind on this subject ... so welcome to the club !

:D
Consciousness is not primary to matter, energy waves are primary to matter. Consciousness is an emergent property of complex systems where the different levels have a tangled hierarchy.. No clearly defined highest or lowest level.

Do you think a "rock" has self awareness? I don't see any physical evidence that a rock can be self conscious of being a rock! :lol:

User avatar
EnterZenFromThere
Posts: 858
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: Understanding the Divine Spirit

Post by EnterZenFromThere » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:49 pm

I've never been much of a fan of IQ as a measure of human ability. It has some deep flaws as a valid measure, not to mention the atrocities that have been committed which assume it to be a valid measure of human ability (and the whole eugenic culture around it). The suggestion that a large degree of the worth of a human being can be determined from such a simple statistical test is ludicrous to me. And I've got a reasonably large IQ, haha. But I agree, an IQ of 200 is extraordinary for this measure.

I've got a few questions which hopefully you can clear up. I'm not asking to be argumentative, just because I'm curious (I know how easy it is to misinterpret the written word on forums so wanted to make it clear that I'm coming at this in a positive way of learning your view).

What is your reasoning that some kind of phase shift or spherical rotation is happening?

Do you have a more explicit definition for your concept of "divine spirit"? Saying it is universal information and then quantum information and therefore interacting energy waves feels a bit loose here, without a lot of 'ifs' and 'maybes' added to that sentence.

Colour is an interesting topic for me. I'd say colour is a fiction in some respects. It is real only from the perception of that which perceives it. There is no 'objective' reason why green should be green. That wavelength is detected by the majority (not everyone perceives this wavelength as green) of human brains. So you could say the colour green is a byproduct of human physiology for some evolutionary gain. For me at this moment, matter is light, light is light, green is light and the brain is light. So that which is seen, the seeing, and the seer are all light. One might postulate that the totality of the manifested is light. So what is the unmanifested? Maybe it is light?

But I digress into my own curiosity. Back to your points, I don't see how you get from an explanation of how a leaf is perceived as green to the manifested being preprogrammed by some universal programming language obeying the law of matter-wave properties.

Looking forward to hearing your points. Please try and keep it simple. I don't have a background in physics.

Love,

Jack

User avatar
EnterZenFromThere
Posts: 858
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: Understanding the Divine Spirit

Post by EnterZenFromThere » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:55 pm

I believe a rock has awareness. That doesn't mean it is self aware. What is awareness but the ability to sense change? Sub atomic entities undergo change. Perhaps there is a sense somewhere of this change? Scaling up, bacteria move away from acid. They have a sense of it. They are aware. I see it as a continuum of awareness rather than as a binary yes or no. Seen from this perspective it seems more logical that consciousness (I would say awareness) is primary.

Have you seen Peter Russell's documentary on the subject?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-d4ugppcRUE

Love,

Jack

Phil2
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Understanding the Divine Spirit

Post by Phil2 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:22 pm

ashley72 wrote:
Phil2 wrote:
ashley72 wrote:
The "divine spirit" is the "universal" information that gives rise to all physical matter.
Ashley, we can agree on this statement ... consciousness (call it "divine spirit" if you like) is primary to matter ...

... however it contradicts what you said in previous threads that matter was primary to consciousness ... and that consciousness was a 'by-product' of matter complexity ...

But it is ok for me Ashley if you changed your mind on this subject ... so welcome to the club !

:D
Consciousness is not primary to matter, energy waves are primary to matter. Consciousness is an emergent property of complex systems where the different levels have a tangled hierarchy.. No clearly defined highest or lowest level.
So Ashley why did you say :

The "divine spirit" is the "universal" information that gives rise to all physical matter.

?

What is this "divine spirit" if not consciousness ?

??
Do you think a "rock" has self awareness? I don't see any physical evidence that a rock can be self conscious of being a rock! :lol:
No the rock has no awareness, the rock appears (or manifests) in the space of awareness ... hence the rock is not separate from consciousness ... it is a form manifested within the formless ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)

User avatar
EnterZenFromThere
Posts: 858
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: Understanding the Divine Spirit

Post by EnterZenFromThere » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:03 pm

Personally I'd slightly reword that Phil. Rather than form being manifest within formless. I'd say formless manifests AS form. Your wording sounds like duality to me, like form and formless are somehow separate.

Love,

Jack

User avatar
ashley72
Posts: 2533
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:24 am

Re: Understanding the Divine Spirit

Post by ashley72 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:12 pm

EnterZenFromThere wrote:Personally I'd slightly reword that Phil. Rather than form being manifest within formless. I'd say formless manifests AS form. Your wording sounds like duality to me, like form and formless are somehow separate.

Love,

Jack
Jack,

Both Phil & your own model of reality is dualistic in nature.

To be non dualistic you have to have a model of reality whereby the Unmanifested (matter-waves) manifests as standing spherical wave centers that appear as an kind epiphenomenon (illusion) of a corpuscle or bounded particle formation to the observer. Like the illustration below.

Image

This kind of model of an in-wave and out-wave forming a spherical particle is how the ancient Taoist viewed reality with the yin (in-wave) & yang (out-wave) forming a bounded particle.

Image

The separate particle is not really a true illusion, but more precisely an epiphenomenon (secondary phenomenon). In other words, from the macro observer the standing wave appears as a bounded particle, discreet and discontinuous in empty space (dualistic).. But it's true wave structure is hidden by the spinning nature of the particle in the form of angular momentum, which in reality is a property of a phase shift in the wave structure. Leibniz knew this when he said the imaginary number (180 degree rotational spin) is a fine and wonderful refuge of the divine spirit almost an amphibian between being and non-being.

The divine spirit is the wave structure of matter-waves, that form electrons, atoms, molecules, cells etc. The 180 degree rotational spin of these matter-waves hides the true nature of their wave structure. This is why Leibniz says "almost" an amphibian between being and not-being. Almost is not quite; very nearly! Leibniz is saying that reality is not quite dualistic but very nearly dualistic!!!!! :lol:

Leibniz was very interested in Taoist thought. It was through his discover of Taoism and the yin/yang symbol that he later invented the binary system (the bit). Leibniz understood deeply 180 degree spherical rotation (imaginary number) , wave structure, and the binary nature of being and not being .... a singularly two-sided view of life.

Actually considering I share Leibniz views so much... I should read a good book on his theories like "Leibniz's Metaphysics: Its Origins and Development" :lol:

User avatar
ashley72
Posts: 2533
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:24 am

Re: Understanding the Divine Spirit

Post by ashley72 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:05 pm

Image

A digital mechanical calculator developed by Leibniz. It was called a step reckoner.

What this early mechanical device demonstrated.. is Leibniz had a deep, deep understanding of spherical mechanical motion and phase shift... and how "spin" could create the binary world of digital numbers.
When, several years ago, I saw for the first time an instrument which, when carried, automatically records the numbers of steps by a pedestrian, it occurred to me at once that the entire arithmetic could be subjected to a similar kind of machinery so that not only counting but also addition and subtraction, multiplication and division could be accomplished by a suitably arranged machine easily, promptly, and with sure results

—Leibniz, on his calculating machine,(1685)
Image

This short video animation demonstrates Leibniz stepped drum design for is step reckoner (mechanical digital calculator) .... And clearly shows how spherical rotation (spin) is at the core of a changing from one thing to another thing (in this case digits) thru subtle shifts in phase.

http://youtu.be/klLB5k3LkwU

Phil2
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Understanding the Divine Spirit

Post by Phil2 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:43 am

ashley72 wrote:
To be non dualistic you have to have a model of reality whereby the Unmanifested (matter-waves) manifests as standing spherical wave centers that appear as an kind epiphenomenon (illusion) of a corpuscle or bounded particle formation to the observer.
To be non dualistic you have to have a model of reality whereby the Unmanifested (formless consciousness) manifests as forms (matter, waves, energy) as an epiphenomenon (illusion) to the observer.

:)
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)

Phil2
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Understanding the Divine Spirit

Post by Phil2 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:48 am

ashley72 wrote:
Actually considering I share Leibniz views so much... I should read a good book on his theories like "Leibniz's Metaphysics: Its Origins and Development" :lol:
Excellent initiative Ashley, read the book and come back with a summary of 500 words max for us in this forum ...

Thanks.

:)
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)

User avatar
EnterZenFromThere
Posts: 858
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: Understanding the Divine Spirit

Post by EnterZenFromThere » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:53 pm

Thank you for sharing this Ashley. Though these days my focus is less centred around the scientific approach to understanding the Universe, I still have a love for it and can feel that same love in you. I hope you enjoy your exploration into this work and that however that exploration unfolds for you, that it will lead to your growth and happiness.

Love,

Jack

Post Reply