Consciousness AND the now

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Re: Consciousness AND the now

Postby Phil2 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:10 pm

Boni wrote:@Phil2: i'm still active in the dutch freethinkers topic about free will / destiny and linked to this topic openend by me, which resulted in me being blamed by them that 'many goeroe's, feelgooders have never proved and are thus unable to deliver remarkable innovative technical groundbreaking delights.
If (illusionary) "wisdom" does not lead to visible sustainable large-scale progression, what's the benefit of it?
'

i'm having fun discussing with them meanwhile! It's a boxing game i can never win, but who cares?
Part of the sport of existence! The cosmic joke on earth like Osho -bhagwan used to say. :-)
Doing without doing, doing my 'duty' anyway, even if there is nothing in for me.
Life can be simple. :wink:

I would not recommend to post in a forum where you are deliberately in opposition with the spirit or the purpose of the forum, you can only bring there useless controversies and conflicts doing this ... this is a form of "trolling" ... we occasionally see some people doing this here (and elsewhere too), and it does not produce positive results ... as you said it becomes ego's preferred game of "I am right and you are wrong" ... and yes, it can be funny and entertaining, like any competition, but it brings no real value ... and certainly no peace of mind ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby Boni » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:24 pm

@Phil2:
Due of the limitations what is unavoidable with all fora, i can't paint the whole pictures here.
I'm active for a whole month there now, and although nobody can grasp there what i am talking about (except 1,5 pers out 20)
I am not being seen as doing a form of 'trolling'.

For example: one guy just wrote know to another (in the free will / destiny topic): "who makes you are aware, what makes you can know, wat makes you can choose, could that be something else then the sum of al these Exchange working nature phenomena's?"

me posting then: "are you coming to wisdom? Who" is to know or seek "what"? This is what i'm telling you all the time. Short flash of insight you had. Only seconds, it's already gone again. But that's the way it starts with everybody. Late or soon it will expand."

For me that's not trolling, but virtual sat-sang! :D
grts
Boni

Postby Phil2 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:32 pm

Boni wrote:
For me that's not trolling, but virtual sat-sang! :D

In a satsang, people come spontaneously to see/hear a master, while here you say you are the 'master' but you go in their home while they did not ask for your help or teachings ... this is quite different ... you cannot force others to share your views ... let them come when they are ready ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby Boni » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:51 pm

@Phil2:
In a forum body-mind-organism's come spontaneously freely and there are rules.
It is a virtual freethinkers pub that was in my destiny to find it a month ago. I took part a week ago in the topic free will / destiny which wasn't alive anymore, untouched for a year. Now it is very active again. Thanks to me.
Call it spontaneously sat-sang, where i, being seen as the strange duck am even admired by some that i stand firm among intellectual academical talks on the forum in general, particularly about free will / destiny now.
"I cannot give them anything nor can i take anything away from them".
I'm just doing what i am supposed to do.
Pointing to the matrix now there. "Follow the rabbit', that's how it started for Neo". :-)
Follow 'me', i AM the road to nowhere.
:wink:

-------------------------------

- just received this by email: weekly Present Moment Reminders:
"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle
:-)
Boni

Postby Boni » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:31 am

just listened to this on youtube Yotube: Eckhart Tolle on Nisargadatta Maharaj.
Ramesh Balsekar became later the interpreter and favorite pupil of Nisargadatta.
Boni

Postby Boni » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:40 pm

Boni wrote:
slow ride wrote:Great you're digging Alan Watts, but be ye forewarned: Alan Watts is definitely NOT going to be speaking kindly to your heartfelt theory that we have no will and somebody is predeterminedly directing the whole thing. Just a friendly warning since I introduced you to Alan.

Thanks again for introducing me to Alan Watts. I love him!
And thanks for the warning, but that's NO problem at all!

:lol: :lol: I new there was no contradiction at all between Alan Watts and the teachings of R. Balsekar. It might maybe look like one on the outside, but not on the inside.

Amazing and totally astonishingly. Besides several audio recordings on youtube, I just openend randomly a book i read 10 years ago, named 'Ultimate truth' from Ramesh Balsekar.
To what name do i see Ramesh referring? Indeed: Alan Watts! :lol:
Synchronicity and confirmation is coming from all directions last weeks.
:)
Boni

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:56 am

Boni said: It might maybe look like one on the outside, but not on the inside.

When we also see there is no contradiction in anything, only perspectives, then we put down our armour and our sword and be at peace with it all. (as if we had chosen it) :D
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Boni » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:39 pm

Boni wrote:Quote:
'[i]Being grounded in Ramesh’s teaching, I could truly understand Eckhart’s. If, as Ramesh would say, everything is God’s Will, then there is a ‘total acceptance of what is’. ‘Total acceptance of what ‘is’ is equivalent to ‘being in the now’. The ‘now’ being Vertical Time (‘what-is’), and not the involvement in horizontal time (‘what-should-be’).

I was cleaning up my bookmarks and came across this topic again.
Meanwhile i had gone through severe emotions as if it was a deadly vortex the last two years.
Beginning of 2015 i came by coincidence upon Byron Katie en studied here intensively.
What i remember now is one of here saying's related tot what i've posted here in jun 2014:

"If you think in should's and shouldn't's towards the world, the other, then you are not in the 'now' because you are arguing with reality."
Byron Katie.

Now i can see more clearly that experiencing emotional vortexes means i got involved in horizontal time again.

Eckhart Tolle says, “Byron Katie's Work is a great blessing for our planet.”
So true.
- If everything is God’s Will, then there is a ‘total acceptance of what is’.
- Events happen, deeds are done, but there is no individual doer thereof.
- Words reduce reality to something the human mind can grasp, which isn’t very much. (E.T.)
Boni

Previous

Return to General Discussion