Purpose

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Enlightened2B

Re: Purpose

Post by Enlightened2B » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:20 am

An example of how I see LoA at work. Mind you, this is only my limited understanding of the subject.

We have the belief that it's dangerous to take a certain path home from work because we might 'get a bad feeling' about that particular path. Therefore, we refuse to go down that path and instead, go another path and as a result, here, our beliefs about reality manifested in our actions.

On the other hand, if we see through those beliefs about that particular 'path home from work', and we instead embarked on that 'dangerous' path, we have once again, manifested our own realities by changing our belief patterns which is where our free will came into play and as a result, expanded our own awareness to incorporate the larger picture. But, it shows that we do have the free will to manifest reality, based on our own thoughts/beliefs which then get manifested into how we go about living.

But, that's the extent to my understanding of LoA.

Enlightened2B

Post by Enlightened2B » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:22 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:
Even if I truly believed it, the next person sitting next to me could be believing the polar opposite and putting his/her attention on the computer being a computer.
Who says it needs a 'person' :lol: :? The computer might like all of its parts of energy in motion just the way it is thank you very much. :wink: Seriously kidding now.
Or that :lol:

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:40 am

EnterZenFromThere wrote:
dijmart wrote:if we are out of alignment with that while embracing our humanness we feel it (like anyone else would), but I think the difference is we can, if we choose, make adjustments quicker to get back into alignment. So, we are the living embodiment of our true nature, as much as possible, while/during experiencing limitation through the body/mind physical structure we inhabit.
Sounds like we're on the same page - well said :)

I guess the spiritual journey leads to increased sensitivity to alignment and focus in moving to and maintaining alignment.

When you say about being the living embodiment of our true nature it brings back a memory I have when speaking to a man about realising the self [apologies if I go off topic here]. Do you (and the others here) believe they are fully self-realised? Or partially self-realised? The man (I won't name him as it was a private conversation) said there are only a few hundred fully realised individuals on the planet right now. And another source I have says there have only ever been less than 10,000 throughout human history up to now. Sometimes I feel there isn't some point you reach where there is a huge leap - that there is just continual progress. But speaking with him and hearing others like him speak it seems there is a point where there is a literally embodiment that exceeds that of a partial realisation that it would be appropriate to call 'fully realising the self'. For him, he literally sees people who are enlightened as they have a halo of light around their heads - so he has a way of assessing the authenticity of another's claim's.

I guess I bring this up because I see a lot of people say about being self-realised here and I wonder to what extent they feel that it is the case. I don't mean this as a challenge to anyone. I have virtually no idea about the experience of anyone here. It's just that sometimes I feel like enlightenment is a dirty word and I don't want anything to do with it, but I wonder about the truth of what I have written above..

Musings,

Jack
Sorry, Zen, but I think this is nonsense. It's like the top footballers in the world, I don't know, Pele, Beckhem, Maradona, Messi, all sitting around saying, "I only know a handful of people that can play the beautiful game like us." And it's true.....but, there are billions of people that play soccer around the world, with varying degrees of competence. And they love the game, it's meaningful to them.....kids, club teams, old men and women, teens in Africa playing with a ball of used tape. Soccer is bigger than the elite, it brings joy.

All the 10,000 cannot be responsible for even a tiny portion of the transactions of kindness, of love, of respect that are enacted each day. It's spiritual elitism. Knowing who you are is so simple a child can do it and the natural state is the birthright of every human on earth. There is not some mystical cadre of elite that makes the world go around. It's this kind of thinking and conditioning that holds everyone back.....that keeps everyone jumping thru spiritual hoops....if I could just attain.....
Be present, be pleasant.

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:03 am

We do have the free will to manifest our own versions of reality, and our own lives, but do we actually have the free will to alter matter just by thinking about it? I don't know. Can I change my computer into water? Even if I truly believed it, the next person sitting next to me could be believing the polar opposite and putting his/her attention on the computer being a computer.

So, I don't understand that and maybe someone can explain it to me.

This guy's interpretation of LoA makes a shitload of sense to me.
The most 'helpful' bit in that video is that our energy linking is done more at a 'subconscious' level than the conscious level - it's basically that water and oil having different 'energetic compositions and resonance' separate and one might block, or cloud or overpower another, whereas like meeting like merges in harmony more quickly.

And we are never in isolation from every other element of 'matter' manifesting - in the physical some unfolding and rebuilding takes physical time - even in changing one thought into a different thought and maintaining it long enough in the physical for the 'transformation' to occur.

So if you're willing to wait around long enough to see the 'result' one day you just may see your computer melting into water - do you really understand all the 'actions', all the dismantling and rebuilding in terms of energy in motion and elements lining up that just that one seemingly simple and 'wishful' thought would actually require in 'action' - in energy in motion being held at that frequency of desire?

The fact that you have free will to manifest your own version of reality ....does not and can not and will not take a hostage or overwhelm anyone/thing else's free will to manifest their own version of reality. In a pure sense of 'free will' being I would not presume to choose for you.

Sometimes we subconsciously judge even where we don't consciously realise it and this will either skew the intention or delay the manifestation - it's a 'wobble' that skews or deflects or delays manifestation - and sometimes we just clean change our mind, based on 'new information' and the whole shebang disappears.
dijmart wrote:
We are co-creators in our limited forms, we can not dictate to universal consciousness that we must be given this or that, because of xyz years of loyal service. I may believe I can be a millionaire, but perhaps that is not part of my journey in this life or my families journey and if that's the case..regardless of my belief..I probably won't get it. Because I'm not ultimate creator, I am a co-creator.
Co-creator is right. We may sometimes, as well as fulfilling our own 'purpose', be an instrument - willing at some level of subconsciousness of others' manifestations too, and if they are contradictory a 'hierarchy' may be in action - like DJs stuff above.

If the Earth energy field for instance has a 'wider' vibrationary thing manifesting then that is going to 'influence' individual plants and humans and rocks etc

Its not just a case of 'picking the positive' it's recognising that ultimately there is no 'better/worse' there just is - there are days when I seriously manifest a red traffic light - rather than the 'normally hoped for' green one in heavy traffic. Why would I do that? Does that impact on others - absolutely. Have I taken away their 'free will' to manifest a green one - no not really, ultimately the universe will weigh it all up and balance it in equilibrium.
Why would I do that? Because I 'sense' unconsciousness and ego building up to an uncomfortable level - either in myself, or in the traffic flow at large, and I 'feel' that we just need a moment to stop and calm things down a little. Now, if there's someone desperately relying on a green light to get their loved one to hospital in an emergency and that loved one is 'supposed' to get there in a certain time in order to fulfil their 'purpose' then I'll just have to wait my turn, it might be that this light stays green, they flow through ahead of me, and the next one turns red.

I know this sounds on the conscious level far too whoooo whooo and ridiculous, but we are all like a energy traffic flow with the universe the ultimate energy traffic ...not controller.. that's too prescriptive and would take away 'free will' --- but 'flow regulator' if that makes sense. More like 'merging lanes' rather than traffic lights even.

It might even be better explained - whether it's you having an arm wrestle with yourself (conscious to subconscious), or with others, or with other energies - what 'wins' in an arm wrestle is someone holding their own until action-motion is either 'conceded' (I give) or overwhelmed (I take). The notion of 'winning' & 'losing' is totally a man-made construction. Look at what needs to be 'assembled' in belief and in action in a 'war' - we need winners, we need losers, we need people and lands to be won and lost and for one ideology over another to be 'supreme' in energetic movement. That's all man-created within all universal potential. The universal energy just accommodates it, from thought to belief, to intensity of belief flowing into action and to the brink conceding or overwhelming - across all dimensions and individual aspects of it.

It's not 'actually' that there are not enough resources or enough people that desire peace. It's that those with the strongest 'beliefs' are willing to do whatever it takes to achieve their aims.

We created the 'finiteness' in belief, it's not real. We created 'money' and the 'values' outside of them self of resources - of lands and of the minerals in them. We collectively and individually feed into those beliefs. Hence someone 'taking' all the 'finite resources' for them self plays out that someone else within the 'finite resources' belief system has to 'give (concede).

The global insanity is that we don't even realise this- we are continually by our thoughts in fear creating our beliefs in fear, our actions and reactions in fear over something we 'believe' is 'finite' and by doing so we create 'lack' where there really is no lack at all.

So for me the awareness of the LOA is far 'bigger' than manifesting a car space at the local mall, although I have done it :wink:
Onceler said: There is not some mystical cadre of elite that makes the world go around. It's this kind of thinking and conditioning that holds everyone back.....that keeps everyone jumping thru spiritual hoops....if I could just attain.....
Agreed Onceler - I've seen a five year old beggar child more enlightened than any 'guru'.
And separating certain combinations of energy in motion as if they're 'elite' is just as flawed imho
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com

slow ride

Post by slow ride » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:19 am

The last 48 hours participation in this thread has been very beneficial to me. I have come realize that I have my knower and thinker where they need to be. And, that being the case, I now realize there must be old karmic crap blocking the expected flow. No doubt past life crap. And, not coincidentally, I have recently been introduced to a tool that makes great claims about cleaning old karmic crap and opening the flow. That, as you know, is So Darshan Chakra Kriya. The SDCK camp says, basically, you must get to the point where you're doing a 62-minute practice of the Kriya daily. Further, once one reaches that 62-m/d level and are crossing the 40-continuous-days threshold, serious things will be happening. I'm presently only at about 11 minutes and am definitely feeling physical effects. What really has my attention on this is that these effects are centered around my pituitary gland. I am literally physically feeling stuff in the center of my skull. It is the kind of evidence that one can't ignore. Anyway...I feel that I must go master SDCK and get the 40 d at 62 m perfected before I spend any more time looking outside myself on this flow issue. That said, I am placing myself on a no-visit moratorium from this fun banter until this old blockage matter is addressed, or at least I've rocked the 62 40. That said, I bid everybody here a kind goodbye for now. SDCK is not easy. This will probably take a while. It takes some people many years and some people try but never get there. When I come back hopefully I'll have something useful to share. Thanks to you all for the debates that caused me to turn my attention away from just the knower-thinker dynamic to the broader range of possibilities which would include old past life karmic blockages. Thanks to all. Have a good 2014. And a good 2015 (probably best to cover it also). Take it easy! - slow ride

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:22 am

Thanks, slow ride .. sounds like a "slow ride" coming up for you! Be well, check in as you feel moved.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Enlightened2B

Post by Enlightened2B » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:05 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:

Its not just a case of 'picking the positive' it's recognising that ultimately there is no 'better/worse' there just is - there are days when I seriously manifest a red traffic light - rather than the 'normally hoped for' green one in heavy traffic. Why would I do that? Does that impact on others - absolutely. Have I taken away their 'free will' to manifest a green one - no not really, ultimately the universe will weigh it all up and balance it in equilibrium.
Why would I do that? Because I 'sense' unconsciousness and ego building up to an uncomfortable level - either in myself, or in the traffic flow at large, and I 'feel' that we just need a moment to stop and calm things down a little.
I'll have to rattle this one around for a bit. Some of what you say, makes a lot of sense, as I do think the LoA itself, makes a ton of sense, but the idea of manifesting a traffic light is not making sense because traffic lights run every 30-60 seconds or whatever and I still don't understand how you can manifest a red light, if someone else has put their attention/intention on making that light green. Can't we say stuff like that is luck? Maybe my beliefs are a bit too tight in preventing me from grasping this.

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:07 pm

but the idea of manifesting a traffic light is not making sense because traffic lights run every 30-60 seconds or whatever and I still don't understand how you can manifest a red light, if someone else has put their attention/intention on making that light green.
The 'relative' reality in co-creation matters, and occurs more at aligning and manifesting on the subconscious level than the conscious level remember.

When I say I manifest a red light it means when I am at it, arrive at it, within the flow of traffic. The 'meeting' point of situation and response is in perfect harmony to my intention and attention. And now you've made me look at the 'mechanics' of it, whereas I've kind of gotten used to it just 'happening'.

I don't actually sit there playing with the lights turning them red and green at (my) will (although... that might be fun :lol: )

Even say if a particular light changed colours every 60 seconds and I'm approaching it and it is green and I 'manifest' meeting at a red one in order to take a moment - consider that I might subconsciously/instinctively 'slow' my travelling speed in order to let the green one 'run out of time' before I got to it so that at the 'meeting point' of situation and response it is appropriate for me to stop because the light is red. (?) On a conscious level I may not even be aware of that, or how long it's already been green, or how much longer it's got before it changes colour, and what speed I would have to calculate to cover that distance in that time, but I'm 'doing' it in 'synch' anyway.

What is luck - if not being at the 'right' place, at the 'right' time having done every step to here, 'right' :wink:

If someone behind me has the intention and attention to 'manifest' going through that particular green light they'll likely 'decide' to change lanes and pass me. Or if next to me 'adjust' their speed consciously or subconsciously out of synch with me and into synch with the light system. If someone's just driving and not 'paying attention' or 'intention' then they might 'wish' the light had stayed green when it turns red, but they weren't actively 'participating' in the interaction. You snooze you lose in this 'game' :wink: Does that make more sense?

In reverse though someone who has an out of synch attention thing going on - like 'worrying' that the light will change to the opposite of what they 'want', and that they'll then be late etc they may just be unconsciously / subconsciously making instinctive decisions that will have them meet the 'opposite' of what they want, and that will make them late, because that is the thing that they are actually in 'synch' with in their attention energy.

But that's really basic 'play' stuff. When you become really aware of synchronicity, intention and attention in alignment, that's kind of like the conscious being aware of the subconscious, then it's really fun!! (or really not :wink: ) and you see it 'lining up' and unfolding all around you. You 'know' when you're on the energy level of 'attracting' / 'manifesting' even when it's something that you believe you really don't want to experience you can see how you're manifesting it anyway, and sometimes you don't know the bigger picture even in your own arm wrestles with yourself in the 'co-creating'.

Those who 'sell' the LOA for me it seems rarely touch on the deeper levels of manifesting experiences that reeeeaaaallllyyy create growth in awareness, especially out of ignorance. They would be much harder to 'sell'. The ones that we'd rather 'blame' others, and life, and sometimes even deities for, than take responsibility for co-creating by our thoughts, and mis-takes of error in judgement.

Kind of like my realising in the light all the 'stuff' I'd experienced while 'blaming' my friend's murderer for it - I did that, me, all by myself I 'aligned' my self with all that fear and suffering all by myself. Seeing it all laid out like that, sure it was 'unconscious' and very much at a subconscious level, but when you see it all laid out - there's no where to 'hide' the truth of it.

I think the point about 'manufacturing' limitations and beliefs centred on 'lack' is also incredibly important to understand in it. It allows the free flow of the abuse of power and an equally untrue sense of disempowering impotence that is also not 'real', but more often unknowingly subscribed to and then played out as if it is real and unchangeable. We, individually and collectively, give power to that.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen

EnterZenFromThere

Post by EnterZenFromThere » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:36 pm

Onceler wrote:Sorry, Zen, but I think this is nonsense.
That's fine by me my friend :) I was only musing it for myself, not trying to sell anything or put my views on others.

The musing was helpful though. I choose to believe it in my own way.
Onceler wrote:All the 10,000 cannot be responsible for even a tiny portion of the transactions of kindness, of love, of respect that are enacted each day.
Who knows? I didn't think I said anything more than a source told me that there were less than 10, 000 in history. Did I say anything about relative roles in the play? (I genuinely don't remember, I'm not trying to be preachy by writing that as a question [also I am very lazy so am not checking for myself]).
Onceler wrote:It's spiritual elitism.
I'm not sure how you got here. The sources that told me this are so humble and loving it's strange to see that phrase associated with them. They say this is a direction that all humans are moving in, in their own way, with their own choice. That's quite an inclusive and welcoming elite.
Onceler wrote:It's this kind of thinking and conditioning that holds everyone back.....that keeps everyone jumping thru spiritual hoops....if I could just attain.....
I was thinking of it more as an option, than something that had to be done or else (which the above quote feels like to me, apologies if I misunderstand). Keeping my options open while discerning which of these options I enjoy the sound of and exploring them with experience to move forward in creation as I oscillate through positive and negative feeling, is very enjoyable and productive to me at the time of writing (that's not the clearest sentence I've ever written..:P).

I'm not saying these sources are certainly true. Only that they offer a possibility that I enjoy exploring and moving into. A possibility which provides specifics that other possibilities on the table are not offering. E.g. one option on my table is accept everything as it is and be a passive participant in that. While another option on my table says accept everything as it is and from that grounding move into creation of your desired future via X, Y, Z mechanisms that work for A, B, C reasons, which are testable in your experience. One possible desired future is this thing referred to as 'enlightenment' which has N, M, P (running out of letter sequences :P) attributes. I get great pleasure in exploring these specifics at this time, but I'm not saying that either of these hypothesised options are right or wrong or better or worse relative to one another.

I also enjoy rambling :P

Love

Enlightened2B

Post by Enlightened2B » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:55 pm

Jen, thank you for response. It is much clearer based on your latest response and definitely makes more sense. However, I still have to try to rattle this around for a bit. I'm actually watching a video from Neal Donald Waslch which you would like pertaining to 'abundance'. So, I'm trying to get a better grasp of this. I'll probably post back here with a ton of more questions soon.

Enlightened2B

Post by Enlightened2B » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:00 am

Ok, Jen, as I mentioned, here's the other question I have. I re-read your post again and it makes a hell of a lot more sense now. Granted, I wanted to get your take on this one part.
Jen said: In reverse though someone who has an out of synch attention thing going on - like 'worrying' that the light will change to the opposite of what they 'want', and that they'll then be late etc they may just be unconsciously / subconsciously making instinctive decisions that will have them meet the 'opposite' of what they want, and that will make them late, because that is the thing that they are actually in 'synch' with in their attention energy.
Can you clarify what you mean here. I've always intuitively believed this, but yet I didn't believe it lol. I thought it was all in my mind. But, explain this part to me again if you can. I appreciate it.

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:10 am

EnterZenFromThere wrote:
Onceler wrote:Sorry, Zen, but I think this is nonsense.
That's fine by me my friend :) I was only musing it for myself, not trying to sell anything or put my views on others.

The musing was helpful though. I choose to believe it in my own way.
Onceler wrote:All the 10,000 cannot be responsible for even a tiny portion of the transactions of kindness, of love, of respect that are enacted each day.
Who knows? I didn't think I said anything more than a source told me that there were less than 10, 000 in history. Did I say anything about relative roles in the play? (I genuinely don't remember, I'm not trying to be preachy by writing that as a question [also I am very lazy so am not checking for myself]).
Onceler wrote:It's spiritual elitism.
I'm not sure how you got here. The sources that told me this are so humble and loving it's strange to see that phrase associated with them. They say this is a direction that all humans are moving in, in their own way, with their own choice. That's quite an inclusive and welcoming elite.
Onceler wrote:It's this kind of thinking and conditioning that holds everyone back.....that keeps everyone jumping thru spiritual hoops....if I could just attain.....
I was thinking of it more as an option, than something that had to be done or else (which the above quote feels like to me, apologies if I misunderstand). Keeping my options open while discerning which of these options I enjoy the sound of and exploring them with experience to move forward in creation as I oscillate through positive and negative feeling, is very enjoyable and productive to me at the time of writing (that's not the clearest sentence I've ever written..:P).

I'm not saying these sources are certainly true. Only that they offer a possibility that I enjoy exploring and moving into. A possibility which provides specifics that other possibilities on the table are not offering. E.g. one option on my table is accept everything as it is and be a passive participant in that. While another option on my table says accept everything as it is and from that grounding move into creation of your desired future via X, Y, Z mechanisms that work for A, B, C reasons, which are testable in your experience. One possible desired future is this thing referred to as 'enlightenment' which has N, M, P (running out of letter sequences :P) attributes. I get great pleasure in exploring these specifics at this time, but I'm not saying that either of these hypothesised options are right or wrong or better or worse relative to one another.

I also enjoy rambling :P

Love
I think enlightenment is beside the point. We need something that is simple and attainable for all. I believe John Sherman presents this in a clear and simple manner. It's not spiritual, which I believe is a luxury and elite in the sense that not many people can attain it (enlightenment). The inward look is psychological in nature and I believe it takes away suffering. It did for me, astonishingly, and for a growing number of folks. Even more astonishing is that there is no boredom, bliss, or longing. Just things as they are moment to moment. It is an easy way to give as an alternative to suffering for the average person whose eyes cross when you mention enlightenment, or gurus or non-duality.

The inward look: Look deeply inward for a sense of 'me'. (How does it feel to be me?) Feel it, don't think about it. Repeat when you think of it. That's it. Easily done for anyone, nothing required by way of beliefs or money and more powerful than any spiritual practice I encountered. Who we are is so simple that our minds can't even register it. So elementary that we literally can't see who we are. We are peering around with our spiritual spectacles while who we are is right there doing the peering, perhaps, but right there. Right there, under our noses. We don't even see it because we are told it feels like bliss or we must breath a certain way, or we must do a certain practice, or read a certain passage, or suffer.

This is my context when I hear things like the statement of your friend, and I don't doubt they are humble and well meaning....how many enlightened is beside the point. We must first get everyone over the disease of fear. Period. Then, maybe, we have the luxury of talking about spirituality and philosophy. This is becoming my mission more and more, my purpose, to answer the query in another thread.

Don't mean to rant and I certainly respect your journey, it's fascinating to watch your changes. Thanks for the front row seat.
Be present, be pleasant.

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:37 am

E2B said: Can you clarify what you mean here. I've always intuitively believed this, but yet I didn't believe it lol. I thought it was all in my mind. But, explain this part to me again if you can. I appreciate it.
Spiderweb alert!!

The mental -
Let's start with
I thought it was all in my mind.
and then notice how that 'manifested'...
I've always intuitively believed this, but yet I didn't believe it lol.
The 'indecision' energy allowed both aspects to be experienced, that it was 'just in your mind' you would have 'attached' and 'noticed' aspects that support that, when you 'noticed' the 'intuitive' underpinning energies, you would have seen, felt, known and manifested aspects of that as well, and hence the 'indecision', 'unsure' energies evolved. You created those indecisions, and experienced the 'effects' of them.

Where it manifests into the physical -
If you can think of a 'situation' and look at it forensically - in hindsight, and track back (spider webbing) to what allowed it to happen - all the thoughts, feeding into choices, feeding into actions, feeding into 'results'. The more you can do this - this forensic analysis - honestly and lovingly - the easier it is to 'notice' it in foresight that this thought will create this choice which will create this action which will create this result.

I have two great examples (I have millions, but whatever :wink: ) one in first person experience and the other in second person viewing that really took me to a new level of understanding it. The 'forensic analysis' takes into account not just the individual thoughts, choices and beliefs etc but the wider ones of others as well and how they feed into our processing.

The first I've mentioned before, I was a singer at the time, onstage and singing a 'blokey' song - Deep Purple's Smoke on the water, amid at the time being somewhat 'judged' for stepping out of the 'traditional female' singer 'role' at a time where few female singers were (most were singing benign helpless love songs... okay... :? ... ack!!! )- I was fortunate that Suzi Quatro was doing it on a bigger scale, stepping out of the mold, which allowed more latitude in many ways. But it absolutely was an underlying subconscious 'thing' when meeting new audiences. The energy of 'judgement' is a 'thing' that is experienced and met and responded or reacted to, sometimes positively, sometimes fear creeps in. It's a 'thing', the more 'solid' the judgement, the more 'collective' the judgement, the more solid the 'thing'.

So here I am starting this song and I notice a huge group of bikies moving forward and standing right in front of me at the front of the stage - my 'thoughts' my own 'cultural leanings' and 'judgements' about them (and absolutely their treatment of females as less than equals) fed into my subconscious psyche and in response to it, I thought - I absolutely put energy into and connected with the thought - I better not forget the words --- of this song in particular a bit of rock legend 'gutsy' thing for a tiny female me to be doing, particularly in front of these guys - judgement and assuming and fear all over it. These guys were actually just happily singing along with me, them knowing the words of one of their 'anthems', completely and enthusiastically.

Which was also a 'thought' I gave energy to and where my attention went while I was intuitively just singing the song. They were fine, it was me that made what happened, happen, by that 'distraction' of my attention and intention. Sometimes I'd just disappear into the music, but sometimes the audience 'energy' would hold me there too.

So I come to the second verse, less sung and rehearsed and 'natural' than the first verse or the chorus - and for the life of me - no where in heaven or Earth were the words to that verse to be found by my brain, or even my natural instinctive memory, or anywhere else in the universe that I could pull them to me. I have never before, and never since, ever forgotten a word of a song onstage, never. Maybe when I'm older and have Alzheimers, but never.

The more I 'put energy into' the omg I can't find the words... the harder the words were to find. In fact, I didn't find them. :shock:
Murphy's law works!! The worst thing imaginable will happen at the worst possible time - if you are putting energy into it happening, as I was.

The 'professional' in me kicked in and I made up (wrote and sang on the fly in my head) words that fit into the music - I think it was so brain fryingly ridiculous that I actually sang words about forgetting the words, in front of these guys :lol: Most of the band were oblivious except the lead guitarist who was always intensely 'in tune' with me and my performances - the shared creative brain sort of linking - and he even, I could feel him from behind me, thinking 'wtf?? where are the 'right' words?' :lol: Which only made it more ridiculous and put them further away from me. He could have 'given' me the words, keeping the energy of them uppermost in his energy, instead he 'wobbled' as well and so I probably sang something about him not having a clue and being of no help either :lol:

The guys at the front - even more hilariously actually did completely accept me, and they sang along with whatever rubbish came out of my mouth!! Totally freaking hilarious!! The second verse was also likely less 'ingrained' for them as well - technically speaking. But, they were in my energy field and they just flowed along with me without resistance. Albeit at the end they may not have understood why I was falling all over the lead guitarist laughing in relief while they were cheering and whistling and being 'blokes'.

I did that - I did that concentrating on the 'reverse' of what I really thought I wanted. But in a way, it had a great, freeing capacity too. Hence, no choice is 'wrong', it just brings a different experience.

The second was also a 'performance' thing. And incredibly obvious in the unfolding. It was a golfer, in a tournament somewhat playing above his peer and self belief 'limits'. He was in the zone of 'harmonious passion' enthusiasm just flying and in harmony with the course, the ball, his clubs and his body - truly beautiful to see. Hole after hole wherever he wanted the ball to land it landed -he was 'in the zone'. His thoughts, his body in alignment without resistance was allowing his muscle memory and instincts to do this. In the background more and more people started following him, watching and discussing the play amongst themselves. After maybe 12 holes he was still in this zone - people 'wobble' out of the zone by distractions.

What 'wobbled' him was that for the first time in the tournament he saw - noticed - a 'leader board' and saw his name above those of his 'heroes' the usual 'leaders' the 'top guns' the 'names', and just as he saw it someone in the crowd added 'doubt' energy that also had a recognition memory t attach to. Something like "I can't believe you are beating these guys." Had he held his own energy he would have been fine. But that 'doubt' linked into deep childhood fears of not being 'good enough', and straight into an emotional memory of another time when he'd been 'playing a blinder' (in cricket this time) and playing his heart out in the hopes that his Dad was watching from his office window across the road from the pitch. He did get appreciated by his peers and felt great, only to find out later that his Dad hadn't 'bothered' watching the game at all - --- message --- you are not as important as other things in my life - absolutely viewed in different perspectives of the importance of the event and what it meant in their relationship. It developed into a 'no matter what I do, I won't be 'good enough' for him to be proud of me.

All in the space of this one expression of doubt the link to creative energy collapsed, and the link to 'doubting' energy took over.

It's likely no surprise now that the result was that in the next eight holes he not only could not hit the green, but his ball even travelled to different fairways than the one he was supposed to be hitting to. Where he'd soared over water carries in the first 12 holes, he sank his ball into every one on the last eight. It was devastating. His doubts fuelling every thought, tensing every swing, creating every result. He was so far behind the leaders by the end of the day he didn't even make the cut for the rest of the tournament. It's 'that' acute. It's 'that' powerful. It also reinforced his fearful beliefs that his Dad was 'right', which then of course feeds into other things and becomes the 'self fulfilling' prophecy.

'Choking' is wobbling and changing energy streams. It happens, we create it, we choose it. We change from genuine enthusiasm and 'harmonious passion', to 'obsessive passion' to making things an enemy, obstacle or means to an end. No choice is wrong, it just brings a different experience.

Had that person been able to 'step away' and shake out their feathers like ducks do, and start over afresh - well that's the way of a true master of self. We don't get 'off track' by accident, but by design.

In terms of running into red lights and being late when we're concentrating on running into red lights and being late - how can we not when subconsciously we are creating the perfect meeting of our selves with those conditions. If on the other hand you realise that you 'might' be late - you can always switch streams and 'let go' of the obsessive passion energy and let the 'harmonious passion' energy allow you to make the choices that will take you where you want to go. One cannot do that while one is making enemy, obstacle, means to an end of a thing, person or situation.

It's kind of like when you stop looking for something, you instinctively find it. (Although if it's not there - you'll find something else :wink: )

Does that help? Can you now look back and 'forensically' examine something you may not have been aware that you were contributing to that you thought you 'didn't want'?

On the bigger, bigger 'Purpose' level - this includes our lives. Manifesting our relationships, our challenges, bringing our fears to life, our awareness and our perspectives of what our life 'is'.

So in some ways it is both your intuition and your brain driving at different times, neither excluding the other completely.

Enlightened2B

Post by Enlightened2B » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:28 am

Jen, this is fabulous. Really. It makes incredible sense to me now and I can actually relate in a number of ways.

First of all, you sang Smoke on the water on stage?? That's awesome! Deep Purple is one of my favorite bands of all time. One of the first guitar riffs I ever learned was that song. I would have loved to hear that!

Second, and most importantly, I can totally relate to you forgetting the words to the song. I remember in college, I had to give a speech in front of a large class of students in my "Jews from Germany" class and I memorized the speech, backwards and forwards. The second I got up there. I became so nervous with fear. I don't know what it was, that I actually feared. I think I felt all of the eyes watching me and perhaps the fear behind public speaking is the fear of embarrassing myself. But, I think most of all, it was the fear of being judged. Isn't that what many humans fear? What does everyone think of me? So, I became so nervous with fear, that I completely forgot what I had to say :lol: I was almost shaking. It's funny because I haven't reflected on this situation in well over a decade and this has given me an opportunity to reflect on it and it makes a lot of sense now.

So, wanted to share that as it's a very relate able experience and I can totally understand how the initial thought of 'What will they all think of me when I'm standing up there giving my speech' crept in my head and as a result, manifested a completely different experience than I had intended. And it's not just a random thought, the thought was actually believed most of all subconsciously. It goes the same with sports, especially baseball when a hitter goes through slumps and I've dealt with it with insomnia too.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your story. It's given me a really good opportunity to reflect.

EnterZenFromThere

Post by EnterZenFromThere » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am

Hey Onceler,

I totally respect what you're saying here. I like how we keep pointing out our differences of opinion in such an appreciative way. Mmm difference and appreciation - life can go a long way with those two characteristics.

I woke up this morning with a clear awareness within the fundamental 'I am' of my existence. The root being within which all the fluffy stuff I've been going on about lately arises from and returns to. The primary part of me that all feelings, thoughts and senses are secondary to and one within. The acknowledgement of that gives me even more respect to your continued support of Sherman's work, as it seems to move straight to the root of this primary 'I am'.

Perhaps the awareness of this primary consciousness should be the focus of purpose and is why so many teachings emphasise it. I'm not sure why but that feels kinda 'right'. That said I guess it's always going to be a balancing act between that sense of consciousness and all other awareness that exists as the momentary experience of the individual (the experience someone is aware of at any given moment - be that some big spiritual type experience or some everyday functional experience). My fluffy spiritually stuff is still continuing and I still desire it, as it is fun and exciting for me. My guides seem to appreciate my new found appreciation for the I am and gave me a nice diagram this morning of how I extend from Source and they do too just in a different trajectory and that communication between them and me exists via Source/God (I wish I had an easy way to show it here..).

Anyway, I'm going off track a little here. All I really wanted to say was that I completely respect what you're saying and I'm glad you're here to offer that information to any reader who might look at my post and go "wtf?! That isn't what it's all about for me!"

Love