Purpose

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Onceler

Re: Purpose

Post by Onceler » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:48 pm

Right back at you, brother! I think what your experience is, unfortunately, rare and precious. Most people don't
get to where you are in a lifetime, let alone a matter of years. Your graciousness, lack of defensiveness, and flexibility is a sign, as much as anything to me, that your on the right track.

Quick question, do you see your guides as seperate identities, or are they simply a part of you?
Be present, be pleasant.

EnterZenFromThere

Post by EnterZenFromThere » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:43 pm

That was really touching - thank you very much. The Onceler conceptualisation I hold of you fits those descriptions as well.

I forget, sometimes, that our experience of this is all so different. For me, I'd been having some dark times in my life and suddenly, totally unexpectedly with no concept of presence or spirituality or non duality or whatever, I got a big dose of presence that set in motion enormous life changing events that continue to snowball. It was months later that I started to hear about people walking the spiritual path and everything else. Sometimes I assume everyone here started like that too, but obviously each of us have their own unique life experience. I do believe this comes down to fate and divine purpose. I'm starting to get a more defined view of my life purpose and why I incarnated here at this time, in this way ('defined' in an ever changing flexible dynamic kinda way). I'm also growing in the appreciation that all experience is respected and none 'superior' or 'inferior' to any other, while simultaneously I make conscious movements toward or away from experience that I deem in my feeling to be what I would like or not like as a continuing aspect of my experience. So I'm respectful and appreciative in a macro sense, while discerning and aligning in a micro sense (if that makes sense).

Oops, I went off on one again!

I see the guides as simultaneously separate from me and a part of me. They use me to communicate with me so have a flavour of me. However, they also have their own characteristics. These characteristics are becoming more defined as my clarity as a channel of their energies increases.

I still experience doubts about the authenticity of it all. It's pretty crazy stuff from a conventional point of view! But it also does make wonderful sense. For example, recently I've been reading stuff by Thoth the Atlantean and felt he is an exceptionally wise and benevolent being. A couple of nights ago I start communicating with him and I'm like 'this can't actually be Thoth, why would a being so impressive come to me?' To which he replied he'd worked with humanity for millennia and his greatest passion is working with human beings who are willing to embrace his message. If a human being showed passion for my message and opened himself up in a way for me to communicate with him, why the hell would I not communicate with him?! Your question is ludicrous when you feel into it. Not ludicrous in a 'bad' way, it serves a wonderful purpose. But ludicrous in a way that if seen from a higher perspective it would be laughed off lovingly like the incredible questions of a child.

I was going to let him write some stuff then but I wonder if this is appropriate. I saw a post on Facebook recently from a spiritual dude saying that all this incredible spiritual experience stuff can be detrimental to some. Perhaps I'll start a thread on whether or not people think vivid expression of the more fantastical stuff is appropriate here. Thoth feels it will help expose and resolve my doubts and improve my clarity as a channel. Also it's not all about me, the message he puts forth can benefit any who wish to open themselves to it.

Hmm, interesting.

Love

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:34 pm

Welp, I have something that happened the day before yesterday that has to do with LOA, I think and now being misaligned..go figure! I have to tell a little "back" story for it to make sense. My adult son (21) and his girlfriend live with us with her baby that is 7 mos. old that she got prego with, because she left my son for 6 weeks, got prego and got back with my son (yes, he knew she was prego).

So, for 7 mos. of that pregnancy and now 7 mos. of that babies life, they've lived with us, because they can not afford to move out on their own. We love that baby as our own grandchild and there is no problem with this, I've accepted completely this situation. BUT, we told them both, this can't happen again right now, while living here and you being so young, not being able to move out on your own, so on and so forth.

Several months ago, she got very high blood pressure while being on the pill and they took her off of the pill. I said, you could get the IUD? or use condoms, whatever. I assumed they had been using protection. What I found out is that they have not been and she's 2 weeks late for her period :shock:

Although I love my grand baby, I have been having thoughts since his birth, "I don't want them to have another baby for a long time", "I don't want another baby living here" and now she may be prego...again! So, I have negative feelings about this, I'm disappointed and feel out of alignment, but don't want another baby living in my house, but also don't want to make them move out when they can't afford to. I know I need to accept it, if she's prego, but don't know how to proceed from there...

Anyways, sorry for the off topic post....
Take what you like and leave the rest.

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:06 pm

Kay, so,...I'm resisting. That's what has me out of alignment. So, when I stop resisting, what ever needs to happen, will happen by being aligned again with life itself. I guess I needed to write it out, think about it and now the answer came.

EnterZenFromThere

Post by EnterZenFromThere » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:50 pm

That was a wonderful regaining of composure/alignment :)

Love

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:11 pm

Yes, I feel much better! I'm going to a wedding tonight, actually now. Didn't want to bring that negativity with me!..

EnterZenFromThere

Post by EnterZenFromThere » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:22 pm

Haha I like that. Like this forum is a negativity graveyard where we come to bury our deceased energies :P

Have fun at the wedding!

Love

Enlightened2B

Post by Enlightened2B » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:54 pm

Nice post dijmart. We're humans after all. Granted, our nature is non-judgmental, unconditionally accepting and loving Awareness, we....are being....human....meaning we are 'Awareness'....being.... the human experience. We are experiencing what it's like to be a human being. Therefore, we have feelings and emotions and get agitated and angry at times. Nothing wrong with that. The good part is noticing that you are likely out of alignment with 'Being' and once you notice, you're right back at the heart of 'Being'.

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:14 am

Jack,

My opinion? It's all you, Thoth and everyone, and you are bigger than......I dare not say it, or it will start another row about mind and awareness. :wink:
Be present, be pleasant.

Phil2

Post by Phil2 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:35 am

Enlightened2B wrote:We're humans after all.
Let us apply the Work from Byron Katie here:
http://www.thework.com/thework-4questions.php

Step 1) Is it true? (Yes or no. If no, move to 3.)

Step 2) Can you absolutely know that it's true? (Yes or no.)

Step 3) How do you react, what happens, when you believe that thought?

Step 4) WHO would you be without the thought?

Turn the thought around.

:)

Reminds me the famous syllogism:
Socrates is a man

All men are mortal

Therefore Socrates is mortal ...

Poor Socrates !
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)

Enlightened2B

Post by Enlightened2B » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:37 pm

Phil,

You've missed the context of my post.....yet again.

You ARE being human, but you fail to see that apparently.

I'm not going to further this discussion with you Phil as this is going on in the other thread as well.

You have your own perception/beliefs about spirituality. That's fine by me. I don't feel the need to correct you.

So, why not just let it go?

Enlightened2B

Post by Enlightened2B » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:23 pm

Phil, see my post to you in the other thread about 'awareness in inanimate objects' and let's keep the discussion going there instead of this thread as well. No reason to have this going in two separate threads.

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:06 pm

Update: 2 hours after I left my resistance behind in the dust, I got a text while at the wedding that she got her.. period! Perhaps, I was meant to learn a lesson with this..hhmm, but for now...whewwww!!! hehe :D

EnterZenFromThere

Post by EnterZenFromThere » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:34 pm

dijmart wrote:Update: 2 hours after I left my resistance behind in the dust, I got a text while at the wedding that she got her.. period! Perhaps, I was meant to learn a lesson with this..hhmm, but for now...whewwww!!! hehe
Whoop! Happy to hear all is well in the dijmart household :)

I had a similarly dramatic episode of resistance and letting go. I wanted to watch the film Seven but my housemates wanted to watch The Purge. I resisted for a minute, then in my supreme spiritual prowess let go and said to myself "if that's what they want to watch, then I'll be happy with it". And Lo! The Purge DVD was not in the case and we are watching Seven *choirs of angels and beams of light from Heaven descend*

:P

Love

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:04 pm

EnterZenFromThere wrote:
I had a similarly dramatic episode of resistance and letting go. I wanted to watch the film Seven but my housemates wanted to watch The Purge. I resisted for a minute, then in my supreme spiritual prowess let go and said to myself "if that's what they want to watch, then I'll be happy with it". And Lo! The Purge DVD was not in the case and we are watching Seven *choirs of angels and beams of light from Heaven descend*
Hehehe, that was funny! Not your resistance, but your last line. :lol: