Purpose

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
slow ride

Re: Purpose

Post by slow ride » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:36 am

WW,
Oh, I believe it. Jesus said we would do even greater things than he had done, he said we'd move mountains. I want to find that. I don't know that anybody presently has that wired. Or can make a convincing argument that they are indeed on the road that will reach that. Not having good vibe on a role for thinker on the road to Jesus-style manifestation. Just don't know the how. But I believe it. I freakin' expect it. That's what I've been moaning about. Where's the power?! The magic?! The wow?!

Want more than a feeling. Want bonafide, verified Jesus-style.

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:09 am

dijmart wrote:
slow ride wrote: Me personally, I just want to end the cycle of reincarnation and get home to source.
I just had a thought...what if it's boring?.. that would be ironic wouldn't it! :lol:

Maybe that's why we're really here, because we were so frickin' bored with our perfect Self. :mrgreen:
I like this, dijmart! This kind of segues into a different angle I want to present. Perhaps to get back to source, we have to immerse ourselves in the human existence, not distance ourselves from it. Perhaps we have to feel pain, boredom, suffering, joy, and all the other subtle and overt sensations and experiences that come with being a human being in order to move on.

I really suffered for a while, and then I was bored for a while, and now I feel like I'm reinvested back into life.
Be present, be pleasant.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:19 am

dijmart wrote:
slow ride wrote: Me personally, I just want to end the cycle of reincarnation and get home to source.
I just had a thought...what if it's boring?.. that would be ironic wouldn't it! :lol:

Maybe that's why we're really here, because we were so frickin' bored with our perfect Self. :mrgreen:
:?: ... :shock: ... :!: ... :idea:

That makes a lot of sense when considering the Eternity of Being. Without new, what is there to keep infinite intelligence interested. This adventure in human beingness may be just one example of what keeps Eternity fun.

WW

slow ride

Post by slow ride » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:24 am

Yeah, that is very funny.
Profoundly improbable.
But funny.

Alan Watts theorized the same: that we fling ourselves out in the furthest out adventures for adventures' sake.

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:18 am

Slow ride said:
A question. Not arguing or throwing up barriers. An honest question. Anybody here manifested anything physical? More than a feeling? Verifiable by second and third parties? Verified, like "yup, it was water, now it's wine" or "it definitely was not here before, and now it is here" kinda physical?
Firstly we'd have to agree that life is 'physical', that our experiences in life are energy in form, physically manifested.

If you can agree with this Slow ride, you don't have to look for evidence outside of your own experiences - you created the reality that you are now perceiving as 'boring'. You did that.

You did that by perceiving 'thought' as something to distance yourself from. You did that.
What has 'manifest' from that is this numbing dissatisfaction with physical life.

And now you'd like to change that, and only you can change that.

Thoughts are not an enemy, thoughts are the way in which we interpret and translate 'stimuli' - energy in motion - into e-motion or into form. We can take a thought and 'solidify' it into a belief upon which we make our choices, or we can let a thought slide right on by, or we can make an enemy of thought, or we can 'evaluate' the perception of the thought from a wider, more aware, more honest perspective and see the actual 'cause and effect' in motion.

The LOA is one way - one path of stepping back and seeing cause and effect in motion. Another is understanding Neural Linguistic Programming (NLP) I like Anthony Robbins for this - watch any of his 'change the thoughts, change the body, change the life' videos. He goes into it deeply looking at the core 'oppositions' that agitate against each other - one of them that you might find interesting and able to relate to is the one about 'doing' 'not doing' creating 'rest' and 'movement'.

Another 'reminder' might be found in the Conversations with God books. I wish I knew exactly where it is because it is incredibly powerful - where his 'god' says every time you hear a thing and do not respond in love, you turn ME down (that is higher self, creation energy whatever you want to call it); every time you hear a song and are moved in emotion and you do not respond in love, you turn ME down; every time you look upon another and do not connect in love, you turn ME down; every time you feel an intuition and ignore it, you turn ME down ... he doesn't say it exactly like that - that's how my 'thinking' has recognised and remembered it - he says it perfectly, brilliantly and I've 'distorted' it, as we all do, in my perceiving.

Your 'disconnection' from the amazing experience of life is because it is you turning it down. That is the LOA in action. You attracted and manifest your perception of reality and you are confining your self to this 'prison of your own devising'.

You did that.

Has it moved mountains? Only the one that you're now living in the shadow of.

In order to have an omelette one has to crack a few eggs. In order for you to make of your life whatever you want it to be you have to see that the embryos of them, are in your thoughts.
slow ride wrote:
Me personally, I just want to end the cycle of reincarnation and get home to source.
Slowride, you ARE (made up of) source, you only limit your awareness of that by your thoughts that it is only 'outside' of you, beyond you - somewhere else, some 'home' different to right here, right now.
dijmart wrote:

Yeah, that is very funny.

Profoundly improbable.

But funny.
It's not 'improbable' at all. (imho & perception).

It's why nde'rs are grateful to be back in their bodies and their lives. Not denying the beauty of the 'all awareness' but absolutely appreciating the 'individual' aspects that make up the totality of it.

The capacity to feel and to know and experience the individual 'elements' and truly understand their place in the 'all' and how they all 'create' the all, is profoundly, exquisitely, exclusively, only available in 'form'. Outside of form there are no distinctions - no hot and cold, no love and fear, no you and me, no sugar separate to vinegar, no ignorance to awareness. We don't know what love is in the formless state because it's all that we ARE, we don't know what light is because it's all that we ARE - sit in the dark sometime and truly appreciate how beautiful it is - the dark that is, truly appreciate that there are minute 'variances' in it, 'degrees' of it all inter-relating and creating the perceiving of 'darkness'.

Now imagine if there were only pure, brilliant, unshaded sunlight all of the time.

Boooorrrrrriiiiinnnnngggggg!!!

Beautiful, but unchanging.

Anthony Robbins explains really well the juxtaposition of the elements of 'separateness' and the ways in which we relate to what is innately a part of the 'all' in motion.
The Six Human Needs

1. Certainty: assurance you can avoid pain and gain pleasure

2. Uncertainty/Variety: the need for the unknown, change, new stimuli

3. Significance: feeling unique, important, special or needed

4. Connection/Love: a strong feeling of closeness or union with someone or something

5. Growth: an expansion of capacity, capability or understanding

6. Contribution: a sense of service and focus on helping, giving to and supporting others
1 & 2 'balance' each other, one without the other and we feel the imbalance - if we have too much 'certainty' the need for 'uncertainty/variety' will arise.

3 & 4 'balance' each other it's the 'boundary-boundaryless' self-others juxtapositioning.
5 and 6 are using the interplays between 1-4 freely, not siding more with one or another.

If you are stuck in only paying attention to say #1 and #4 then life is 'static'. The same can be said for if you are stuck in 1 & 3 (one might be egoically arrogant about their perspectives).

Tony Robbins explains this better than I can ---- http://training.tonyrobbins.com/the-6-h ... hat-we-do/
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:33 am

Webwanderer wrote:
dijmart wrote: I just had a thought...what if it's boring?.. that would be ironic wouldn't it! :lol:

:?: ... :shock: ... :!: ... :idea:

That makes a lot of sense when considering the Eternity of Being. Without new, what is there to keep infinite intelligence interested. This adventure in human beingness may be just one example of what keeps Eternity fun.

WW
Haha, I love the sequence of smilies you used!!
Onceler wrote: I like this, dijmart! This kind of segues into a different angle I want to present. Perhaps to get back to source, we have to immerse ourselves in the human existence, not distance ourselves from it. Perhaps we have to feel pain, boredom, suffering, joy, and all the other subtle and overt sensations and experiences that come with being a human being in order to move on.

I really suffered for a while, and then I was bored for a while, and now I feel like I'm reinvested back into life.
I think it depends on what perspective the person is viewing life from. If they haven't transcended their suffering, made a shift in perspective, if they haven't discovered their true nature, then they won't understand what you mean. I think that once you've made the shift, hanging out in transcendence land is only satisfying for so long, as "slow ride" Has stated. At first, peace is a blessing and is enough in and of it self (maybe enough for that lifetime?), but as time ticks on...boredom! The full transformation, I think, is when you come back to your humanness and live the truth that you've discovered, no longer needing to escape into transcendence land. I'm not religious, but isn't that how Jesus lived? Fully engrossed in life, not off in a cave somewhere?
Take what you like and leave the rest.

slow ride

Post by slow ride » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:55 am

It depends on time and place.
These are typical for the ever-whimsical philosophies of late-20th/early-21st Century First Worlders.
99+% of incarnations through time would not share so quickly in these perspectives.

Things seem pretty rosy without bullets in your neighborhood, walking miles daily for water, regional starvation and genocides, and the list goes on and on, but not for us in this time and place.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:12 am

slow ride wrote:It depends on time and place.
These are typical for the ever-whimsical philosophies of late-20th/early-21st Century First Worlders.
99+% of incarnations through time would not share so quickly in these perspectives.

Things seem pretty rosy without bullets in your neighborhood, walking miles daily for water, regional starvation and genocides, and the list goes on and on, but not for us in this time and place.
From a strictly human perspective, I might agree. But there is more to us than our human perspectives, and that more is what is eternal and sees all incarnations as valuable in the evolution of consciousness.

WW

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:17 am

slow ride wrote:It depends on time and place.

So, what's your point as it relates to you?.. your experience? This post seems like you're deflecting for some reason...to "others", not of your experience.

Also, how do you know if someone here on this forum would've considered their life "rosy" or not, you don't need bullets flying to live in fear or suffer. People now in this day and time, live with chronic disease's, emotional/physical pain, childhood trauma/abuse, poverty, the list goes on and on. So, when you say "us" who exactly are you referring too?

Phil2

Post by Phil2 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:44 am

Webwanderer wrote:
Recognizing that LoA is fundamental to life experience, and that one's ego perspective's alignment with one's true nature is the source of insight into that recognition, will bring its power of creation under more intentional control.
I would agree that seeing LoA is fundamental to understand our true nature ... while I don't think that "intentional control" will help ... because 'control' - in any form it takes - can only come from ego (which always looks for more 'control' on things) hence separate yourself from your true nature ...

Real creative power can only arise when this need to control is totally dropped (ie. when ego is dropped) ... then creation arises out of love ... and not out of 'intentional control' ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)

Phil2

Post by Phil2 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:48 am

slow ride wrote:
Me personally, I just want to end the cycle of reincarnation and get home to source.
Are you "incarnated" now ?

??

How far away are you from your "Source" ? What distance ?

??
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:57 am

dijmart wrote:
I think it depends on what perspective the person is viewing life from. If they haven't transcended their suffering, made a shift in perspective, if they haven't discovered their true nature, then they won't understand what you mean. I think that once you've made the shift, hanging out in transcendence land is only satisfying for so long, as "slow ride" Has stated. At first, peace is a blessing and is enough in and of it self (maybe enough for that lifetime?), but as time ticks on...boredom! The full transformation, I think, is when you come back to your humanness and live the truth that you've discovered, no longer needing to escape into transcendence land. I'm not religious, but isn't that how Jesus lived? Fully engrossed in life, not off in a cave somewhere?
That's what I was trying to say.....brilliant. "The full transformation, I think, is when you come back to your humanness and live the truth that you've discovered, no longer needing to escape into transcendence land."

Although, who's to say that someone living an ordinary life can't do this? I would tend to agree about the importance of discovering ones true nature, but There may be many ways to discover "true nature" while being immersed in life.
Be present, be pleasant.

slow ride

Post by slow ride » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:13 pm

Phil2 wrote:
Webwanderer wrote:
Recognizing that LoA is fundamental to life experience, and that one's ego perspective's alignment with one's true nature is the source of insight into that recognition, will bring its power of creation under more intentional control.
I would agree that seeing LoA is fundamental to understand our true nature ... while I don't think that "intentional control" will help ... because 'control' - in any form it takes - can only come from ego (which always looks for more 'control' on things) hence separate yourself from your true nature ...

Real creative power can only arise when this need to control is totally dropped (ie. when ego is dropped) ... then creation arises out of love ... and not out of 'intentional control' ...
Phil2,
You have better annunciated than I could my hesitation with the role of thinker here.

EnterZenFromThere

Post by EnterZenFromThere » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:00 pm

Onceler wrote:There may be many ways to discover "true nature" while being immersed in life.
I love this and was thinking about it recently. I was thinking about how Mother Teresa didn't seem to have the kinds of spiritual experiences someone might expect when living in alignment with the love of Source (as far as I'm aware), yet she seems to embody such wonderful unconditional love.
Di wrote:"The full transformation, I think, is when you come back to your humanness and live the truth that you've discovered, no longer needing to escape into transcendence land."
I love this too and feel it. For me it's about harmony and balance more so than one or the other (as I feel you are saying here). 'Both AND' is a phrase I find myself coming back to a lot.

It's so amazing that so many of us are united in these beliefs, while each exploring them in our own individual way. Ahh the Universe is great! *takes a deep conscious breath*

Love

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:07 pm

Onceler wrote:
dijmart wrote:
That's what I was trying to say.....brilliant. .
Thanks!
Although, who's to say that someone living an ordinary life can't do this? I would tend to agree about the importance of discovering ones true nature, but There may be many ways to discover "true nature" while being immersed in life.
Yes, absolutely! Personally, I don't think one needs to do traditinal meditation at all, but one can learn to make each moment a meditation instead, while living a very ordinary life with all it's challenges. The spiritual growth potential is endless when each moment is a learning tool for expansion of conscious awareness. Self inquiry is a wonderful tool also to get the ball rolling in the right direction and gain mindfulness and insights into one's true nature, so that the daily living meditation is fruitful. So, if one does it this way, they are (imo) less likely to get stuck in transcendence land for very long.