the key is the communication

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
starting

the key is the communication

Post by starting » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:49 pm

Hello all,

You probably already know about the book The Four Agreements - D.Miguel Ruiz, and some people here had already discussed about this book. By the way I really apreciate it. I ve learned so much with you all and I think this is one of the best lessons for me:

This is helping me so much in my journey, so I would like to share with you 2 quotes. Maybe it can help some new people here.

I remember smiileyjen told me also in one of my questions: "the key is the communication" - thank you for that

“If others tell us something we make assumptions, and if they don't tell us something we make assumptions to fulfill our need to know and to replace the need to communicate. Even if we hear something and we don't understand we make assumptions about what it means and then believe the assumptions. We make all sorts of assumptions because we don't have the courage to ask questions.” D. Miguel Ruiz.
“Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama.” D. Miguel Ruiz.

Thank you all
:D
“Your life is in transition from a caterpillar to a butterfly. Something may be saying: `Where is my leaf?’ Don't fear. Trust. All is well. How auspicious that Grace has picked you up like this. Hold this gratitude inside your heart” ~ Mooji

Manyana

Re: the key is the communication

Post by Manyana » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:31 pm

Great quotes, thank you Starting.

Phil2

Post by Phil2 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:38 pm

starting wrote:
You probably already know about the book The Four Agreements - D.Miguel Ruiz, and some people here had already discussed about this book. By the way I really apreciate it. I ve learned so much with you all and I think this is one of the best lessons for me:
Yes, same for me, I also discovered this excellent book on this forum (thanks to Jen and Clouded :) ) ... did you read the Fifth Agreement, also very good - can be read for free - but not downloaded - on scribd here:

http://fr.scribd.com/doc/154466462/The- ... -Jose-Ruiz
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)

Admiral Akmir

Post by Admiral Akmir » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:44 pm

My dad has that book and I read it many years ago, I always mean to pick it up again, but I always forget when I go to his place.

starting

Post by starting » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:38 pm

Manyana wrote:Great quotes, thank you Starting.
:wink: :D
Phil2 wrote: Yes, same for me, I also discovered this excellent book on this forum (thanks to Jen and Clouded :) ) ... did you read the Fifth Agreement, also very good - can be read for free - but not downloaded - on scribd here:
http://fr.scribd.com/doc/154466462/The- ... -Jose-Ruiz
No I didn't. Thank you Phil2, for the link! I will read it for sure :D
Admiral Akmir wrote:My dad has that book and I read it many years ago, I always mean to pick it up again, but I always forget when I go to his place.
Hi Admiral Akmir,

I think it is good to read some times...at least for me. It is a kind of exercise. Sometimes I forget to apply the lessons, so I have to practice it. :wink:
“Your life is in transition from a caterpillar to a butterfly. Something may be saying: `Where is my leaf?’ Don't fear. Trust. All is well. How auspicious that Grace has picked you up like this. Hold this gratitude inside your heart” ~ Mooji