How to bring more "yes" to your life?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
presenttense

Post by presenttense » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:44 pm

Thank you

Phil2

Re: How to bring more "yes" to your life?

Post by Phil2 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:36 pm

presenttense wrote:How to bring more "yes" to your life?

Thank you
Just stop to say "no" to your life ...

:lol:
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)

presenttense

Post by presenttense » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:43 pm

:wink:

I know...but it is not easy

Phil2

Post by Phil2 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:07 pm

presenttense wrote::wink:

I know...but it is not easy
Why is it not easy ? What is the obstacle ?

??
(Carl Jung)

presenttense

Post by presenttense » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:09 am

I am the obstacle

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:24 am

presenttense wrote:How to bring more "yes" to your life?
In my experience it has been with the gradual process of awakening. It's a process, and it has been gradual, alternating between knowing and experiencing, and gradually moving to clarity. There's never been a time when a pithy spiritual saying has made any kind of key difference.

It seems to be a process of insight and experience. The important ingredients have been self-observation and self-honesty. Once the intention towards truth is clearly set, it's uncanny the next step--whether that's the next book or technique or insight or experience--shows up.

Phil2

Post by Phil2 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:55 am

presenttense wrote:I am the obstacle
So you mean that this "I" says "no" to what is ... why ?

If you look inside, you will see that this "I" is made of all kinds of opinions about what things 'should be' ... then this "I" makes a lot of judgements ... and when things do not happen according to this I's expectations, then this "I" says "no" ... is this correct ?
(Carl Jung)

alex

Post by alex » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:24 pm

Say yes to the no :-p

presenttense

Post by presenttense » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:09 pm

thank you karmarider and Alex

Thank you Phil
Phil2 wrote: So you mean that this "I" says "no" to what is ... why ?
If you look inside, you will see that this "I" is made of all kinds of opinions about what things 'should be' ... then this "I" makes a lot of judgements ... and when things do not happen according to this I's expectations, then this "I" says "no" ... is this correct ?
actually I think this "I" says no to what will be, before start something...maybe it is due to negativity or fear. But immediately after the "I" is always trying to say yes, but it seems that it is never possible.
I cannot think about what to do, and when I am deciding what to do, even if it takes just some hours, some minutes...the moment is gone.
Why it happens to me?

Phil2

Post by Phil2 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:11 pm

presenttense wrote: I cannot think about what to do, and when I am deciding what to do, even if it takes just some hours, some minutes...the moment is gone.
Why it happens to me?
Because as Mooji said "thought is a failure system" ... so thought cannot be trusted ... thought creates time, only the present moment can be trusted, but thought resists to the present moment, as Eckhart Tolle showed it very well ...
(Carl Jung)

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:00 pm

Phil2 wrote: Because as Mooji said "thought is a failure system" ... so thought cannot be trusted ... thought creates time, only the present moment can be trusted, but thought resists to the present moment, as Eckhart Tolle showed it very well ...
However, even Mooji saying "thought is a failure system" is a thought he had and has expressed through words. I think Tolle says when a thought arises out of the present moment, then it is authentic.
Take what you like and leave the rest.

Phil2

Post by Phil2 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:18 pm

dijmart wrote:
Phil2 wrote: Because as Mooji said "thought is a failure system" ... so thought cannot be trusted ... thought creates time, only the present moment can be trusted, but thought resists to the present moment, as Eckhart Tolle showed it very well ...
However, even Mooji saying "thought is a failure system" is a thought he had and has expressed through words. I think Tolle says when a thought arises out of the present moment, then it is authentic.
Well, I would say that thought is a failure system when it involves time like: I will do this in order to get that ... which means that thought is used in order to get 'control' over things ... when there is an intention, a goal, something to attain or to become ...

This is why it is said to act without attachment to the outcomes (or 'fruits') of your action ... then your action fully takes place in the now and in stillness, without any 'stress' ...

There is an interesting adage in this regard:

"Do what you have to do, happens what has to happen" ...

The outcomes of your actions is not in your 'hands' ... as Byron Katie would say "It is God's business" ... well in fact all religions say that ...
(Carl Jung)

presenttense

Post by presenttense » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:38 pm

[quote="Phil2] well, I would say that thought is a failure system when it involves time like: I will do this in order to get that ... which means that thought is used in order to get 'control' over things ... when there is an intention, a goal, something to attain or to become ..
This is why it is said to act without attachment to the outcomes (or 'fruits') of your action ... then your action fully takes place in the now and in stillness, without any 'stress' ...

The outcomes of your actions is not in your 'hands' ... as Byron Katie would say "It is God's business" ... well in fact all religions say that ...[/quote]

Yes Phil I think this is the point. But honestly, do you think we are doing things without attachment to the outcome? I do not believe in it. It is extremely difficult.
Some simple examples: when you are applying to an interview, you are focusing on the job you want.
Or when you love someone and you want to met the person, you are expecting the person will be happy with you.
It is impossible to not think about the outcome. At least I do not Know how...
Thanks

Phil2

Post by Phil2 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:36 pm

presenttense wrote:
Phil2 wrote: well, I would say that thought is a failure system when it involves time like: I will do this in order to get that ... which means that thought is used in order to get 'control' over things ... when there is an intention, a goal, something to attain or to become ..

The outcomes of your actions is not in your 'hands' ... as Byron Katie would say "It is God's business" ... well in fact all religions say that ...

Yes Phil I think this is the point. But honestly, do you think we are doing things without attachment to the outcome? I do not believe in it. It is extremely difficult.
Some simple examples: when you are applying to an interview, you are focusing on the job you want.
Or when you love someone and you want to met the person, you are expecting the person will be happy with you.
It is impossible to not think about the outcome. At least I do not Know how...
Thanks
No, it is not "impossible" ... I can admit that it is difficult, but not impossible.

I take your example of the job's interview, if you focus on your relationship with the interviewer and not on the outcome of the interview, ie. if you stay in the present moment, you will develop a far better relationship with the interviewer and instead of seeing the interviewer as a potential obstacle and generating stress, you will be more cool and attentive to this human person as a person (and not as a "role"), and chances are that it will go better for you ... and even if you don't get the job, at least you will have a good moment of friendly sharing ...

In fact this attitude is much more 'natural' and easy than stressing on the outcomes of your actions ... you can exercice this easily in very simple situations, like dealing with your grocer or banker, focus on the person, consider the person as a person, not as a 'role' or a 'machine' to serve you ... you will see how miraculous it can be ...
(Carl Jung)

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:22 pm

Phil2 wrote: Well, I would say that thought is a failure system when it involves time like: I will do this in order to get that ... which means that thought is used in order to get 'control' over things ... when there is an intention, a goal, something to attain or to become ...

I agree that not being "attached" to outcomes is a good way to avoid suffering and stress, however this doesn't (in my experience) mean that intentions and goals need to be avoided. Having the perspective and understanding when setting a goal or intention that you may or may not get what you are seeking, but can steer the ship that direction and see where you land sounds fine to me.

If someone wants to lose 20 lbs (like I do) then, you eat right and start exercising. Once I made my mind up that that was going to be a "goal", it is now set in motion. Now before I eat I calculate the calories, ect. No big deal really, but it's a goal that would bear fruit in the "future", as I can't drop 20 lbs instantaneously. However, if I don't lose 20lbs in the future I would still be fine, so there's no stress about it, I just would like to fit in most of my clothes again...haha.

Also, most mornings I don't want to wake up early and go to work. Not that I don't like my job, but it takes some effort for me to pull my ass out of bed. A big motivation is that I need/want my job, if I want to pay my bills and have money to go skydiving soon :lol:

So, since one of my intentions is to take care of myself financially and do fun stuff I have to keep my job, that pays me money and allows me to keep a roof over my head. None of this makes me suffer as I know what really matters and if I lost my job, then I would deal with that in the present moment and action would arise or not, from whatever is needed in that moment.

I would say, if you're not deluded into thinking you have total control in your life, then suffering is significantly reduced or eliminated when setting goals and intentions. Just don't live for the future or live in the past that's all, but this doesn't mean you can't ever think about either one. I guess it depends on each person and what "stage" of the game they're at?
Take what you like and leave the rest.