Your Way is Yours Alone

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Re: Your Way is Yours Alone

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:43 pm

Phil2 wrote:"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."

Carl Jung

I've seen you quote this a hundred times. Don't you have any of your own experiences to draw from? If not, why dish out spiritual advice? How are you qualified? Maybe sort out your own problems first before telling other people how to sort out theirs?

Ps. I am very calm. Calm like the eye of a storm 8)
EnterZenFromThere

Postby Phil2 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 4:49 pm

EnterZenFromThere wrote:
Phil2 wrote:"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves." Carl Jung

I've seen you quote this a hundred times. Don't you have any of your own experiences to draw from? If not, why dish out spiritual advice? How are you qualified? Maybe sort out your own problems first before telling other people how to sort out theirs?

Why make a problem of quotes Jack ? Seems you are still afraid of 'authority' here ? Not free of others opinions ...

Are you afraid to lose 'control' of your life ? That others might 'control' you ? and force you to do or think things you don't want to ?

Here's another quote from our friend Mooji:

"The best seller in the world cannot sell you if you don't buy"

:)
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:31 pm

I see you choose to ignore all my questions. What are you hiding?

Phil2 wrote:Why make a problem of quotes Jack ?

Quotes aren't a problem when used appropriately. When quotes are re-appropriated to imply an association with a highly regarded spiritual figure to gain a sense of superiority over others and control their feelings, thoughts and behaviours, it is a problem. Yes, the way you use them is a problem from my perspective.

A good spiritual 'teacher' feels into the Moment and answers the individual at the point in time at which the question is asked to give an answer that is appropriate to that individual at that point in time. To take a quote out of this context risks completely distorting the original intention. I see this with Ramana all the time and it needs to end. If in doubt, don't quote. You are living your own life. Quote that! If you're afraid to do that, don't teach! You need to sort out your own negativity first. [These are general points rather than being specifically fired at Phil, though these are appropriate for him too].

Phil2 wrote:Seems you are still afraid of 'authority' here ?

This is your assumption. It is wrong. I don't fear authority. But the attempt to limit and control others does piss me off.

Phil2 wrote:Are you afraid to lose 'control' of your life ?

No, my life is mine - I claim it as Master of My Divine Sovereignty. There is nothing more to say on that. I Am That I Am.

Phil2 wrote:That others might 'control' you ?

See above.

Phil2 wrote:and force you to do or think things you don't want to ?

See above.

Phil2 wrote:"The best seller in the world cannot sell you if you don't buy"

Random quote taken out of context to imply authority over another.
EnterZenFromThere

Postby Phil2 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:45 pm

EnterZenFromThere wrote: But the attempt to limit and control others does piss me off.

Don't know why this oldie song from the supremes comes to my ears now:

Baby, baby, where did our love go ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izzKUoxL11E

Come on Jack, my friend, be cool, seems I succeeded to push your buttons, no ? Why lose yourself in such an ego trip ?

8)
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby slow ride » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:52 pm

Just send Jack love.
❤️
slow ride

Postby tomtom1 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:15 pm

EnterZenFromThere wrote:
Phil2 wrote:"Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."

Carl Jung

Does this mean you are qualified to give out advice? Surely any good spiritual teacher knows they can only point you in the right direction... why be afraid to use others pointers if they ring true with you..
Sounds a little bit like you are on the very same high horse that you are so passionately trying to get others off!!!
tomtom1

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:36 pm

Phil2 wrote:
EnterZenFromThere wrote: But the attempt to limit and control others does piss me off.

Don't know why this oldie song from the supremes comes to my ears now:

Baby, baby, where did our love go ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izzKUoxL11E

Come on Jack, my friend, be cool, seems I succeeded to push your buttons, no ? Why lose yourself in such an ego trip ?

8)

I'm very cool 8) my throat has opened more since this conversation started, my chakras are opening and aligning, it feels great. I'm very much at peace and in love. But simultaneously, this stuff needs to be highlighted or it will be perpetuated.

It's difficult to differentiate the self-confidence of divine love with an ego trip, but you can, and you should.

Hi tomtom,

I like your questions. I feel I've answered them already in this post and the previous posts.

The high horse comment is something I expected from this and it's a difficult one to answer because of the reason I say above (self-confidence vs ego trip). I speak with certainty because I feel my body in energetic alignment and the continued opening of energy pathways through me which is a sign from the Universe that I am in My Truth. To not express this Truth would be to close the pathways that I have opened and to do that would be a sin (in the ye olde meaning of moving out of alignment). The amusing thing from my perspective is that I don't actually want to say any of this. I would be happy to just be loved up and be in the opening of love in my heart. But that would neglect the energy center in my throat which has been causing me a lot of trouble so this must happen. It is clear to me this is My Truth at this time. I don't know how else to express this but I hope this helps to clarify my motives.

Love,

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Postby slow ride » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:29 pm

With all due respect, Jack, you're caught up in some serious self-deceiving bullshit. People burn other people at the stake when they get in such a mind feedback loop.

In other posts recently, you've directed us to some channeling stuff that was meaningful to you, but the fakeness of it was obvious. Just shook my head and sent you love.

I don't know where such notions of rapid, miraculous expectation has come from? General impatience of immaturity?

I lovingly encourage you to stop ingesting the nonsense you've been devouring and bring a longer-term, many-lifetime calibration to your expectations.

The channeling garbage you've been absorbing is orders of magnitude bullshittier than people whipping out quotes from the mediocrity-peddling gurus.

Bon chance.

With love.
slow ride

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:06 pm

You're welcome to believe or disbelieve whatever you like slow ride. I don't know what you're talking about specifically re the channeling. I'm so pleased I've gone past the point of doubting myself or worrying about others attacks against the authenticity of my experiences and/or beliefs. What a wonderful peace I find myself in. Beautiful.

I guess any rapid expectation I have is born from the results of direct experience.

Re nonsense I've been devouring. I barely watch or read anything these days, nor have I ever. I think I've read 4 books on spirituality. TPON, ANE, Happiness Beyond Thought (Gary Weber) and I Am the Word (Paul Selig). Oh and Ramana's first one, whatever that was called. I've watched a fair few videos but I could never watch much of it at once - it always felt like too much. I prefer to just explore my experience. It's more direct. And as I pointed out in the OP coming back to my own way was a big step for me.

Love,

Jack
EnterZenFromThere

Postby dijmart » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:56 pm

Personally, I like the diversity of this forum, I can't tell you how many times, over the years, I thought I disagreed with a view, then thought about it for awhile, looked some stuff up regarding it and then actually thought, "hey, maybe I do agree with this?" or maybe after some thought realized, "no that's not for me", but in the end more clarity was brought to the topic, by others bringing it up. Whether they used quotes or not was never the issue, it was the presentation of the subject or opinion.

I don't think quotes are a problem, if you don't make them a problem. Do some people quote a lot, yes, too much? maybe, but if they can't find their voice and like the way someone else said what they are also wanting to say, then hey, who cares?...well, you do apparently. But, you can only change yourself Jack, no one else. Also, when someone wants to awaken but doesn't know how or has had glimpses, but doesn't know how to proceed, sometimes quoting is easier, because it can be a hard thing to discuss without sounding like an idiot. I know over the years I've done my fair sharing of quotes. I didn't think it was a big deal and still don't.

Good luck with your new voice :lol:
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby alex » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:00 am

Oh Jack, I sense such impassioned integrity to your truth. It is more than I can say for most of the replies. The backlash was to be expected though I suppose.
Keep on firing the truth for truth's sake.
xo
alex

Postby alex » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:14 am

Do some people quote a lot, yes, too much? maybe, but if they can't find their voice and like the way someone else said what they are also wanting to say, then hey, who cares?...well, you do apparently. But, you can only change yourself Jack, no one else.

I think what Jack is trying to say is; if you can't find your own voice (truth) then why do you put yourself forward as a teacher of something and superior to the one you're speaking to? What is your true motivation? Are you a lover of truth? The truth speaks for itself and if it is real then it comes through you unadulterated. Second hand quotes have ZERO 'zing' to them. They are dead.
I sense in Jack a love for truth and alignment to his experience. It is the impassioned new energy of realisation. it's fresh and real and this forum is better for it.
alex

Postby slow ride » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:53 am

Pretending to channel is not having your own voice.

It is pathetic.
slow ride

Postby alex » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:45 am

So what is it exactly that we should do here? I'm curious because I actually don't know.
alex

Postby dijmart » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:13 am

alex wrote:
Do some people quote a lot, yes, too much? maybe, but if they can't find their voice and like the way someone else said what they are also wanting to say, then hey, who cares?...well, you do apparently. But, you can only change yourself Jack, no one else.

I think what Jack is trying to say is; if you can't find your own voice (truth) then why do you put yourself forward as a teacher of something and superior to the one you're speaking to? What is your true motivation? Are you a lover of truth? The truth speaks for itself and if it is real then it comes through you unadulterated. Second hand quotes have ZERO 'zing' to them. They are dead.
I sense in Jack a love for truth and alignment to his experience. It is the impassioned new energy of realisation. it's fresh and real and this forum is better for it.

What I don't want to happen from this thread is people to be intimidated into not posting quotes or giving advice, if they so choose. When I first came to this forum I read every quote with great interest, as others would quote from material I didn't even know existed or I'd be reminded of a great E.T. quote. Also, I'm not a fan of dictatorship, a dictator would say, "Stop posting quotes, unless used appropriately! Stop teaching (unless you are qualified), stop ...whatever it is I don't like".

I think if Jack has an issue with the usage of a quote, it would be wise to bring it to the persons attention within the thread it's posted. Instead of a making a broad statement that could be misunderstood easily, regarding the posting of quotes and whether that is "unqualified" teaching (?) or trying to look superior vs. just making a point or statement and knowing of a great quote that would say it perfectly.

You either have the "voice" to speak up in the moment or you don't. If you don't, the moment (s) is/are gone, then it leads to a thread like this...an explosion.

Now with that said, of course everyone should walk their own path, but if they need to follow in someone else's footsteps for however long that is, then that IS their path, at this moment. When it's time, however long it takes, they will find their own way, when they're ready. For example, I realized this myself this summer, prior to this thread. So, I can attest to the fact that when the time is right it will happen. So, should I feel anger towards others who pointed me anywhere other then to myself? I think not, without them, I would still be lost and suffering. Because, for them to initially point me to myself would've been them pointing me to my "ego". New people to this forum are probably not going to know what "just do you" means.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion