Uniqueness and commonality

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
karmarider

Uniqueness and commonality

Post by karmarider » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:44 am

I wonder if, even though each journey is necessarily unique, whether there are common elements in the journey to clarity.

I recently wrote an article (http://www.beyond-karma.com/awakening/s ... f-honesty/) in which I say that it seems to me that even if every one's path is unique, there are essential common elements. In my experience, self-observation and self-honesty and no-mind awareness have been essential, and the recognition of fear has been a critical insight.

It occurs to me that this ignores a whole bunch of ways that others may come to clarity. I imagine others may find their journeys started with unconventional experiences, such as NDE and visions and channeling and so on; and from extreme life experiences such as intense emotional or physical pain; others still from devotion and self-less service; and so on.

My view is that there is only consciousness, and the physical world is an extension of it, and so it logically follows that anything conceivable is allowed in the physical world.

And so, perhaps, there is nothing in common in the journey to clarity. Each is unique.

smiileyjen101

Re: Uniqueness and commonality

Post by smiileyjen101 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:05 am

Lovely article calm man :D

Maybe it's the wordless that is the commonality.

The space in which the sigh arises - in 'aha' or 'uh-o'. :wink:

Not just in humanity, in everything.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen

runstrails

Re: Uniqueness and commonality

Post by runstrails » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:41 am

Nice blog, Kr!
I might add the realization of' 'all is one' to your list of commonalities.