Stressors and de-stressing - An eternal dance?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Stressors and de-stressing - An eternal dance?

Postby Lazypoet » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:41 pm

I just thought this title summed it up pretty much.

It seems as though everybody stresses and does extreme measures to "kill" the stress by drinking gallons of herbal teas, yoga, meditation and.. walking for hours or jogging.

Such a strange society we live in.

Why not, like, not stress to begin with, and drink ONE cup of tea and take a walk of.. say.. twenty minutes without being sad about being stressed.

And it also seems like saying that one is stressed makes one more stress and almost into a victim of some exterior entity ("stress").

Am I rambling here? I like it, but some people might find this post annoying. Hope it helps someone :)
Lazypoet

Re: Stressors and de-stressing - An eternal dance?

Postby rachMiel » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:37 am

Lazypoet wrote:Why not, like, not stress to begin with,

Isn't that a bit like saying: Why bother making the effort to awaken fully? Why not, like, just be fully awakened to begin with?

Would be nice ... but it doesn't seem to work that way. ;-)
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby dijmart » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:09 am

Well, after an unusual day of dealing with shit pie all day, one big problem to solve after another, while having to try to please everyone as I went. I did come home and ate the shit out of some Chinese food and whadaya know...I feel better. Would it have been better to not be dealing with shit pie all day? Sure, but that wasn't my experience today...it is what it is!
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby Phil2 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:04 am

Lazypoet wrote:
It seems as though everybody stresses and does extreme measures to "kill" the stress by drinking gallons of herbal teas, yoga, meditation and.. walking for hours or jogging.

Such a strange society we live in.

lol ... yes this is true, there are alternances of stress and then de-stress (or distress :lol: )

Why not, like, not stress to begin with, and drink ONE cup of tea and take a walk of.. say.. twenty minutes without being sad about being stressed.

Why ? Because we forget who we are, we lose awareness in our everyday business and relationships ... then we come back home where we can de-stress and try to reinstall inner peace, silence and harmony ...

It is very true that it is difficult to maintain awareness in this materialistic society oriented toward 'doing' (with objectives, goals, becoming etc.) and not 'being' ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby Lazypoet » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:34 pm

I'm kind of allergic to stressed people though, like, I want to calm them down but it doesn't work that way. They are all wild in the eyes and make me nervous.

Sad when stress takes a person over and stands in the way from real communication.
Lazypoet

Postby Phil2 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:00 pm

Lazypoet wrote:I'm kind of allergic to stressed people though, like, I want to calm them down but it doesn't work that way. They are all wild in the eyes and make me nervous.

Sad when stress takes a person over and stands in the way from real communication.

Yes, this is true, it is very difficult to remain calm facing a stressed (or emotional) person ...

But why is it so difficult ? What exactly is the nature of the difficulty here ?

??
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby Lazypoet » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:20 pm

Maybe it activates stress in you.

Or you get the fight or flight instinct,

cause this person is so stressed he/she could verbally attack you unintentionally or raise his/her voice.

?
Lazypoet

Postby Phil2 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:37 pm

Lazypoet wrote:Maybe it activates stress in you.

Or you get the fight or flight instinct,

cause this person is so stressed he/she could verbally attack you unintentionally or raise his/her voice.

?

Yes, so you might be afraid of your own emotional reaction and want to 'repress' it, which creates an inner conflict, a stress ...

Therefore, unless you are yourself 'cool' enough (ie. free of emotional reactions), you will be stressed by other stressed people ... so stress is contagious among 'pain bodies' ...
(Carl Jung)
Phil2

Postby Lazypoet » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:20 pm

I am doing a review of my earlier topics, to see if I agree with my older self.

Sincerely though, the topic of stress is something that divides me.

Recently I've been living very from one moment to the next and I have been unemployed for some time, and I kind of miss the stress.

I feel almost like I'm just here all the time without any thing to do.

I consider writing a book, then stop writing after a page. Then I think how dare I do work on my computer in stead of going out making real money from a 9-5 kind of work. Then I think.. Well I'm in France and I don't speak french that well yet... So I stop myself from following opportunities.

So I think stress, in a way can be a good thing to jump-start the body into action.

As long as we don't bring the stress everywhere. Maybe know when to turn it off, like a car engine.

What are your thoughts?

Namaste.
Lazypoet

Postby dijmart » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:56 pm

To be stressed is a negative energy of losing the present moment and projecting into the future. However, motivation is a positive energy of what needs done in the now, that comes from within, imo. So, what motivates you? If you say, I need to eat so I need to find work, then that's something that can positively motivate you to find some sort of activity that generates an income. You don't need to project that thought outside of this moment. Plan for the future, now, but don't worry about the future, because THAT causes stress.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby DavidB » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:09 am

Thanks lazypoet, sometimes the simplest answers are often the best. :D
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby Lazypoet » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:23 pm

What granted me the right for a thank you in my mindless babble? ;)
Lazypoet

Postby DavidB » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:39 pm

Lazypoet wrote:What granted me the right for a thank you in my mindless babble? ;)

Mindless babble is the best kind of babble. :wink:
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Return to General Discussion