I Am Enlightened - Open Hearted Sincerity

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
User avatar
dijmart
Posts: 2107
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Re: I Am Enlightened - Open Hearted Sincerity

Post by dijmart » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:28 am

ekidhardt wrote:
Jack, I'm not here to diagnose you.

You already did. Are you back pedaling?
Take what you like and leave the rest.

User avatar
dijmart
Posts: 2107
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Re: I Am Enlightened - Open Hearted Sincerity

Post by dijmart » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:31 am

Hi Jack! Hope you've been good...miss ya! Did I ever tell ya you look like a blonde Clark Kent in your photo?
Take what you like and leave the rest.

Enlightened2B
Posts: 1904
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 10:51 pm
Location: New York

Re: I Am Enlightened - Open Hearted Sincerity

Post by Enlightened2B » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:24 am

Wow, I'm speechless here. This thread is turning into a duplicate version of the other thread in the relationship section. Stay away Jack. It's not worth it. I'm seeing a trend here. He's doing the exact same thing he did in the relationship thread that him and I had together. As he put it in the other thread, 'he's going after egos'. Ask him a question and he'll tell you that 'you don't really want an answer'. He's psychoanalyzing you and then trying to call out people's ego's, the second they respond to him with any kind of retort. Not realizing that all of us here are communicating with our egos including himself.

Big E, you're not diagnosing him? You just told a complete stranger that he has psychosis and schizophrenia. Those are diagnoses and now you're backtracking saying 'you're not here to diagnose him'.

User avatar
dijmart
Posts: 2107
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Re: I Am Enlightened - Open Hearted Sincerity

Post by dijmart » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:02 am

Ekidhardt, I got your number back in 2013...right? I can see you haven't changed one bit, even though you PM'd me recently to see if all was well...I said, "no problem" .. right? I retract that now. You're an ass. EN2B and Zen are my friends...period..end of conversation! They are good people and you're an idiot.

Moderator note: Dijmart, please refrain from calling names in this forum. If you do so, you invite the same from others. You are capable of much better.

WW
Take what you like and leave the rest.

User avatar
KathleenBrugger
Posts: 604
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:18 pm
Contact:

Re: I Am Enlightened - Open Hearted Sincerity

Post by KathleenBrugger » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:09 am

Enlightened2B wrote:
KathleenBrugger wrote:I've missed you Jack! Glad someone pulled you in. Interesting that now you say you don't feel as if you're enlightened. This is why I think of spirituality as peeling an onion. You can peel off a layer and feel for a time as if you have escaped the constraints of the mind, and then sometime later you look and realize there are more layers to peel.
Nice post Kathleen. Same for me as far as peeling the onion reference.

For a time period, when I first joined this board, I thought I was enlightened after a huge awakening I had. Over time, the more relating I did with other people and the more experience I had, I realized I was not enlightened at all. I had a lot of fear still. Granted, this has nothing to do with what Jack's saying. I'm just referencing your 'peeling the layers' reference which I liked.

That's why anytime you think you're 'there', it only becomes another fixed mental position and what happens when that bubble is burst is suffering. Our awareness from the limited soul perspective is always expanding greater and greater closer to the One Awareness which we all already are. To think I would have ever embraced the notion of non physical realities is almost laughable when I initially grasped Eckhart's teachings. Awakening is an ever growing process of becoming aware of that which we used to be so closed off to. Nothing new is actually happening. It's just our willingness to see that which has always been there. Becoming aware through our willingness to see that which used to not want to see. It's all here for us if we just allow ourselves to move through it.
Another reason I like the onion peeling metaphor is there's always a lot of crying when you realize you've got more layers to peel! :lol:
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/

User avatar
ekidhardt
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:21 pm

Re: I Am Enlightened - Open Hearted Sincerity

Post by ekidhardt » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:44 am

Dijmart,

"Ekidhardt, I got your number back in 2013...right?"

I'm not sure what that means: you worked yourself up into a bit of a frenzy and wrote me an angry letter, a second one, then deleted it, and then apologized for the first one.

You're putting in a considerable amount of effort in order to provoke me Dijmart. It's not working out very well--do you think it's time well spent?

Enlightened,

You're in a similar circumstance with Dijmart, neither of you seem to agree with what I have to say (which is expected)--and it seems to work you guys up into a bit of a frenzy. Maybe consider that what I'm saying has more content than what you feel it has, because it does.

To both of you,

If I felt like there would be some benefit from validating what I'm saying by your questions, I would answer them. I see provocations, not genuine questions.

One point though: technical diagnosis are made by those who are legally qualified to do so. But a child can see someone with a bone sticking out of their arm just as well as a doctor and come to the same conclusion that there is a broken arm. Did the child make a diagnosis, or state the obvious?

Moderator,

good note.

-e

Phil2
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: I Am Enlightened - Open Hearted Sincerity

Post by Phil2 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:34 pm

dijmart wrote:Ekidhardt, I got your number back in 2013...right? I can see you haven't changed one bit, even though you PM'd me recently to see if all was well...I said, "no problem" .. right? I retract that now. You're an ass. EN2B and Zen are my friends...period..end of conversation! They are good people and you're an idiot.

Moderator note: Dijmart, please refrain from calling names in this forum. If you do so, you invite the same from others. You are capable of much better.

WW
There is a French wisdom saying "chassez le naturel, il revient au galop." which could be translated as "when what is natural is driven off, it soon returns at a gallop. "

I think the English idiom for it is:

"what's bred in the bone will come out in the flesh. "

As Jung said "What you resist persists"

Ego always finds its way ... and comes back by the backdoor ...

:lol:

ps: Di you seem to come back here with a high level of energy ... just take care, the higher you go, the lower you fall ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)

Phil2
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: I Am Enlightened - Open Hearted Sincerity

Post by Phil2 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:16 pm

dijmart wrote:Ekidhardt, You're an ass. EN2B and Zen are my friends...period..end of conversation! They are good people and you're an idiot.
Yes Di, this is exactly how ego operates ... dichotomies, duality ... dividing the world in friends and enemies ... likes and dislikes ... "good people" and "idiots" ...

You like what feeds your ego and you reject what challenges you ...

Ego blatantly exposed once again ... oh well ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)

User avatar
EnterZenFromThere
Posts: 854
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: I Am Enlightened - Open Hearted Sincerity

Post by EnterZenFromThere » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:53 pm

It's nice to be back.

I think I'm going to enjoy talking to ekidhardt. I remember Phil being similar - rubbing people up the wrong way with dogmatic spiritual rhetoric. It's a great learning opportunity.

It's a fascinating breed of people, those who come on web forums to criticise others. I wonder what motivates them. What motivates you?

Enlightened2B
Posts: 1904
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 10:51 pm
Location: New York

Re: I Am Enlightened - Open Hearted Sincerity

Post by Enlightened2B » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:07 pm

ekidhardt wrote:
Enlightened,

You're in a similar circumstance with Dijmart, neither of you seem to agree with what I have to say (which is expected)--and it seems to work you guys up into a bit of a frenzy. Maybe consider that what I'm saying has more content than what you feel it has, because it does.
Yes, I'm in such a frenzy here :lol:

Jack IS my friend and that doesn't mean I know or do not know whether Jack is mentally ill or not as I indicated in the other thread. But, you haven't even EXPLORED the non physical realm to even consider the possibility that exploration of the astral realms is a very common thing which often can get misdiagnosed as a mental disorder. You automatically labeled Jack as having a mental disorder because that's all you know within your psycho analytical background and I feel for you with much Love as I write this as you can't see beyond the limited scope of your psycho analytical background and analysis of people. Is that a judgement of you? Perhaps or, like you, I can merely call it an observation. 8)

Of course this IS my ego talking a bit. Everyone of us here has an ego including you, probably more so than most of us. I'm not perfect and neither are you. I'm Being and I'm also BEING Human which means we're all conditioned Beings. Spirituality is not about losing your ego. It's impossible to lose your ego. Yet, you absolutely touched on something that bugged me. What that was, was the judgement in your perspective of Jack, not even considering the broader view that Jack actually IS enlightened and I have absolutely no qualms with admitting that. However, then I realized that you can't help yourself because this is literally, all that you know. Going after people's egos as you say and viewing life through the limited scope of your pscyho analytical background. Therefore, how can I be angry towards you when I realize this? You're conditioned (probably even more so) than myself or the rest of us.

Much love to you e.

User avatar
EnterZenFromThere
Posts: 854
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:35 pm

Re: I Am Enlightened - Open Hearted Sincerity

Post by EnterZenFromThere » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Hi Di :) lovely to see you again! And KB and E2B and Onceler and Phil!

Haha I love that Clark Kent comment :D

I love reading your posts E2B so much wisdom and compassion - so beautiful. I didn't know how much I'd missed reading them until I came back.

I love the dissemination of your perspective here as you tried to understand ekid. How you don't blame him for seeing things in a way that conflicts with your own perspective, because he's operating from within his perspective and from that perspective his view is valid. Beautiful! We all operate from within our own subjective bubble. Every experience we have occurs through it and is, therefore, biased by it. It's so easy to forget that. And to think we exist in one objective reality, rather than trillions of subjective (and ultimately inseparate) realities.

Enlightened2B
Posts: 1904
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 10:51 pm
Location: New York

Re: I Am Enlightened - Open Hearted Sincerity

Post by Enlightened2B » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:23 pm

EnterZenFromThere wrote:Hi Di :) lovely to see you again! And KB and E2B and Onceler and Phil!

Haha I love that Clark Kent comment :D

I love reading your posts E2B so much wisdom and compassion - so beautiful. I didn't know how much I'd missed reading them until I came back.

I love the dissemination of your perspective here as you tried to understand ekid. How you don't blame him for seeing things in a way that conflicts with your own perspective, because he's operating from within his perspective and from that perspective his view is valid. Beautiful! We all operate from within our own subjective bubble. Every experience we have occurs through it and is, therefore, biased by it. It's so easy to forget that. And to think we exist in one objective reality, rather than trillions of subjective (and ultimately inseparate) realities.
absofuckinglutely. Nicely said Jack. That's why Love is always what is, and only seems otherwise by our subjective experience.

randomguy
Posts: 942
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:00 am

Re: I Am Enlightened - Open Hearted Sincerity

Post by randomguy » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:29 pm

This might be an interesting newsletter to some on the topic of enlightenment from Byron Katie.

http://www.thework.com/nl_5-2014.html?source=nl2014may
The Buddha speaks of enlightenment. But he knows that enlightenment is nothing. When you wake up from the dream of self and other, you realize that it was never real. You’ve been asleep because you have been believing stories that were so compelling that they created even the storyteller.
If someone says, “Katie, are you enlightened?” I answer, “How would I know? I know freedom. I know the difference between what hurts and what doesn’t hurt, and that’s enough.” Separation hurts. Any identity, no matter how enticing it may be—for example, bodhisattva, Buddha—understates the truth, since it adds a name to what is complete and nameless. All names create distance; they require an identity and lead us to assume that there are separate beings, and thus they point away from reality. And the name “enlightenment” leaves you with something to attain. It’s a word full of effort. It leaves you as the one who is seeking an authentic identification, and on the other end of it “I am the one who has found it” is just as limited as “I am the one who is seeking it.” No home, no home, home, homelessly home.
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho

User avatar
dijmart
Posts: 2107
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Re: I Am Enlightened - Open Hearted Sincerity

Post by dijmart » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:49 pm

dijmart wrote:Moderator note: Dijmart, please refrain from calling names in this forum. If you do so, you invite the same from others. You are capable of much better.

WW
Oopsie, had a couple glasses of wine last night :mrgreen:
Take what you like and leave the rest.

User avatar
Onceler
Posts: 2251
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:35 am
Location: My house

Re: I Am Enlightened - Open Hearted Sincerity

Post by Onceler » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:59 am

dijmart wrote:
dijmart wrote:Moderator note: Dijmart, please refrain from calling names in this forum. If you do so, you invite the same from others. You are capable of much better.

WW
Oopsie, had a couple glasses of wine last night :mrgreen:
That gets me every time too… Never drink and post. :wink:
Be present, be pleasant.

Post Reply