What do we deserve?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Post Reply
User avatar
starting
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:21 am

What do we deserve?

Post by starting » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:15 am

Hi all,

In the past, before everything I learned this year…I thought I deserved a situation and it did not happen.
So I am thinking ... Is it right to think we deserve something?
“Your life is in transition from a caterpillar to a butterfly. Something may be saying: `Where is my leaf?’ Don't fear. Trust. All is well. How auspicious that Grace has picked you up like this. Hold this gratitude inside your heart” ~ Mooji

Phil2
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: What do we deserve?

Post by Phil2 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:23 am

starting wrote:Hi all,

In the past, before everything I learned this year…I thought I deserved a situation and it did not happen.
So I am thinking ... Is it right to think we deserve something?
Why build expectations at all ? Any expectation you have is the seed for future disappointment, creating time (and suffering) ... so why not remain with 'what is' ? ... and stay quiet ... in this present moment ...
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)

User avatar
smiileyjen101
Posts: 3788
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:44 am

Re: What do we deserve?

Post by smiileyjen101 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:13 am

Phil2 said: so why not remain with 'what is' ? ... and stay quiet ... in this present moment ...
I'm curious Phil, how much of your 'time' do you actually remain with what is and stay quiet?

It's a funny noticing that in order to preach this notion you have to break it. So obviously you don't mean to actually stay quiet and in this present moment because you respond to things that were and things that are not, and you break your own silence.

How do you reconcile the two - doing and being? Actually, apologies, I should have asked 'Do you reconcile the two?'
I only add that because I once was trying to hold a conversation with a Bot in a forum, that the moderators had programmed to recognise certain human actions and respond with a set coded response. Live and learn - the quality of the question matters as much as the quality of the answer :wink:

....

Starting, my take on it is that Expectations arise (full stop).

Employing discernment when they are out of kilter with your actual experience and determining whether one is capable and willing to change any of it is the getting of wisdom - the experience you are having.

Whatever we think at the bed of our thoughts - those thoughts that carry the most intensity deep inside us (be that fear, lack, gratitude, generosity) will determine the sense and the outcome of the experience because that is the energy that is recognised and built upon universally with energy of like frequency 'meeting' and building the creation in form.

Even when we think we are building upon intangible hopes, dreams and wishes that actually have no energy universal within them, because they are diluted by the original thought.

So if someone thinks they deserve some 'good' outcome, but deep inside feel they are not worthy, it cannot arise. If someone thinks they deserve some 'bad' outcome or punishment and they meet forgiveness instead, it's because they know deep inside them self they are innocent. It's why going deep inside ourselves and undoing the errors in thinking is most helpful in being honest and loving with our self. Once we master this, then we can more adeptly share our love and honesty with others.

Balancing Phil's advice (Bot or human), and you are absolutely free to choose to employ both or neither, learn to recognise the energies at the bed of your thoughts by going within, and simultaneously notice the impacts it has on creating the 'results' outside of yourself.

Gordon Livingston in a wonderful book called "Too soon old, too late smart" has a pointer that if the map (your thoughts) says one thing, and the ground (your experience) says another thing, then it is the map, not the ground, that is 'wrong'.

By understanding this we can discern the quality of our thoughts (our maps) and seek to change them, rather than trying to move a mountain that we don't 'think' should be there because its not on our map.

Make sense? - The book mentioned above and Conversations with God Part One discuss these aspects in more detail if you're interested in exploring it. Or, as Phil says, you could just sit quietly with it. :wink:
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen

Phil2
Posts: 1379
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: What do we deserve?

Post by Phil2 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:27 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:
Phil2 said: so why not remain with 'what is' ? ... and stay quiet ... in this present moment ...
I'm curious Phil, how much of your 'time' do you actually remain with what is and stay quiet?

It's a funny noticing that in order to preach this notion you have to break it. So obviously you don't mean to actually stay quiet and in this present moment because you respond to things that were and things that are not, and you break your own silence.
Jen, staying quiet does not mean staying immobile and doing nothing ... quietness implies a state of mind which is still ie. not building expectations about how things 'should be' ... but are not ... in other words it also means surrendering to 'what is' or 'loving what is' as Byron Katie said

From there, from this stillness, do what you like ... and enjoy life as it comes to you ... life that you ARE in fact ...

Cheers :D
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)

User avatar
Onceler
Posts: 2257
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:35 am
Location: My house

Re: What do we deserve?

Post by Onceler » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:58 pm

The bot theory makes total sense, Jen.... :wink:
Be present, be pleasant.

User avatar
Webwanderer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6810
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 12:03 am

Re: What do we deserve?

Post by Webwanderer » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:18 pm

starting wrote:Hi all,

In the past, before everything I learned this year…I thought I deserved a situation and it did not happen.
So I am thinking ... Is it right to think we deserve something?
Is it right to think such? To consider it in terms of right in the way you put it there must also be a wrong. To me, this is inaccurate in its basic assumptions. The better question is 'how does it affect my experience?' If it makes you feel better and more expansive about life then you may wish to continue your focus there. If it makes you feel worse and more contractive in your life experience, then maybe you should consider the issue in a different way.

As best you can, make your thinking work for you. Doing so takes life experience on a more enjoyable path.

WW

Enlightened2B
Posts: 1930
Joined: Wed May 15, 2013 10:51 pm

Re: What do we deserve?

Post by Enlightened2B » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:42 pm

Jen and Onceler, you guys are hilarious with the bot theory. Reminds me of the scene from the movie 'Alien' where they find out that Ian Holm's character is a robot. "Ash is a damn robot!".

User avatar
starting
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:21 am

Re: What do we deserve?

Post by starting » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:54 pm

Phil2 wrote: Why build expectations at all ? Any expectation you have is the seed for future disappointment, creating time (and suffering) ... so why not remain with 'what is' ? ... and stay quiet ... in this present moment ...
smiileyjen101 wrote: Whatever we think at the bed of our thoughts - those thoughts that carry the most intensity deep inside us (be that fear, lack, gratitude, generosity) will determine the sense and the outcome of the experience because that is the energy that is recognised and built upon universally with energy of like frequency 'meeting' and building the creation in form.
Even when we think we are building upon intangible hopes, dreams and wishes that actually have no energy universal within them, because they are diluted by the original thought.
So if someone thinks they deserve some 'good' outcome, but deep inside feel they are not worthy, it cannot arise. If someone thinks they deserve some 'bad' outcome or punishment and they meet forgiveness instead, it's because they know deep inside them self they are innocent. It's why going deep inside ourselves and undoing the errors in thinking is most helpful in being honest and loving with our self. Once we master this, then we can more adeptly share our love and honesty with others.
Webwanderer wrote: Is it right to think such? To consider it in terms of right in the way you put it there must also be a wrong. To me, this is inaccurate in its basic assumptions. The better question is 'how does it affect my experience?' If it makes you feel better and more expansive about life then you may wish to continue your focus there. If it makes you feel worse and more contractive in your life experience, then maybe you should consider the issue in a different way.
As best you can, make your thinking work for you. Doing so takes life experience on a more enjoyable path.
WW
Thank you very much for all the answers..

Phil, Jen and WW

I would like to explain what I feel about what you wrote in these quotes above.

Phil, I understand what you are trying to say and I agree that this would be the best thing to do. Just to accept what is and accept the present moment as if you had chosen it.

But what Jen and WW wrote here are so true. What I think I deserve, what I “want” make me feel better, however the way I am involved with my thoughts and actions make me feel bad…because it is not working. I feel deep inside I deserve, I am ready, I have so much to learn and to teach and it is the experience I would like to live, so much.

So, do you understand? These are my real thoughts about it. The visualization of the experience makes me feel better, but the way things are going makes me feel bad. Sometimes I feel that I should drop this idea and just accept what is as you told Phil.

But as Jen said, I feel deep inside I deserve the “experience”, the idea makes me feel good ...
“Your life is in transition from a caterpillar to a butterfly. Something may be saying: `Where is my leaf?’ Don't fear. Trust. All is well. How auspicious that Grace has picked you up like this. Hold this gratitude inside your heart” ~ Mooji

User avatar
Webwanderer
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6810
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 12:03 am

Re: What do we deserve?

Post by Webwanderer » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:24 am

starting wrote:The visualization of the experience makes me feel better, but the way things are going makes me feel bad. Sometimes I feel that I should drop this idea and just accept what is as you told Phil.

But as Jen said, I feel deep inside I deserve the “experience”, the idea makes me feel good ...
So live in the enjoyment of the visualization, and let go of the litmus test of the way things are going. This is the basic tenet of setting the law of attraction into action. Whenever you focus on what is not, you energize that 'not' reality. Enjoying the visualization, just for its own experience, energizes the manifestation of that focus. The worst that could happen is that you will enjoy the thought of what's possible - unless you begin to judge the results of your desire not being present. This is where Phil's suggestion of accepting what is can be helpful. Enjoy your dreams to the fullest, accept what is without reservation.

WW

User avatar
smiileyjen101
Posts: 3788
Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:44 am

Re: What do we deserve?

Post by smiileyjen101 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:44 am

Phil2 said:
Jen, staying quiet does not mean staying immobile and doing nothing ... quietness implies a state of mind which is still ie. not building expectations about how things 'should be' ... but are not ... in other words it also means surrendering to 'what is' or 'loving what is' as Byron Katie said

From there, from this stillness, do what you like ... and enjoy life as it comes to you ... life that you ARE in fact ...

Cheers :D
Phil thank you for explaining what staying quiet means for you :D Now I at least know how to interpret it when you say it.

The 'shorthand' we use can often be confusing if one doesn't have the same translation.

For me, sit still and be quiet - was literal - it's what my parents would say in authoritative voices to me as a child when (often) my 'being' was too much for them :lol: It did mean, no fidgeting, no singing, no laughing, no questioning, no moving, no responding to anything. Luckily they love me and wouldn't put me in this straight jacket for too long :wink: Had I interpreted their 'sit still and be quiet' in your translation ... the natural consequences would have been quite different to what you propose :cry:

So, thanks for explaining.

Do you think you might clarify for it for others if arises again?
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen

Post Reply