Is the Pain-Body an Entity?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
rachMiel

Re: Is the Pain-Body an Entity?

Post by rachMiel » Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:31 pm

A big assortment of many different types of food. This forum is a bit of a spiritual buffet. :-)
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...

Magpie

Post by Magpie » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:35 pm

rachMiel wrote:A big assortment of many different types of food. This forum is a bit of a spiritual buffet. :-)
Yeah? What do you mean?

A spiritual buffet, hmmm

rachMiel

Post by rachMiel » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:20 am

A quick browse through the subjects of the last few months of postings will tell the story, show the range of dishes on the smorgasbord table. :-)
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...

lmp

Post by lmp » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:14 am

Magpie wrote:
I'm living my life. "And there's no time, to analyse"
I'm living my life too. If you don't have time to analyse, that's fine.

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:23 am

Magpie wrote:hey there, I know on these boards there can be a conceptualisation of Eckhart's wonderful teachings

Which can be a deadening, thing that we instinctively do, the part we are unconsciously automatically formulating, "spiritual" ideas
Some people refer to this as spiritualizing the ego--and yes, I agree, this can be an obstacle. Which is why I have tried to stick to techniques of inner observation and strived not to reach for concepts outside of my experience.

I was wondering because, I see the past - this negativity, dark, thing in the background watching, and it made me really think - maybe the pain-body is Actually an entity?

Barry Long said to get rid of it , we starve it, it requires a diligence

But now there is this sinister quality - a demonic quality frankly, it's a constant battle - and I think my pain-body is quite big comparatively
But isn't the deification, labeling and actualizing of the pain-body as a demonic entity--isn't that the same as conceptualizing? The very thing you are warning against?

The pain-body - this inner work

I'm observing it
That's a good thing to do.
Last edited by karmarider on Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:32 am

Magpie wrote:I'm surpised to see people stray from Eckhart's teachings, ...
I'm enormously grateful to ET. He got me started many years ago. With clear and inscisive language, he pentetrated a thickened and stubborn intellect.

But once I understood the PON, I moved away from ET. Whereas ET is very useful and clear, ET's awakening was accidental and spontaneous. I wanted to find people who had to, like me, actually work on their awakening.

Magpie

Post by Magpie » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:11 pm

rachMiel wrote:A quick browse through the subjects of the last few months of postings will tell the story, show the range of dishes on the smorgasbord table. :-)
*nods head*

Magpie

Post by Magpie » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:14 pm

karmarider wrote:

But isn't the deification, labeling and actualizing of the pain-body as a demonic entity--isn't that the same as conceptualizing? The very thing you are warning against?
"The enemy is subtle"

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:39 am

Magpie wrote:
karmarider wrote:

"The enemy is subtle"
The enemy is your own invention. Nothing wrong in that, just a point of clarity. It brings a certain experience. And it's alright if you don't sense presence in my words. It matters more that you find clarity in your own presence.

WW

Magpie

Post by Magpie » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:40 am

Webwanderer wrote:
Magpie wrote:
karmarider wrote:

"The enemy is subtle"
The enemy is your own invention. Nothing wrong in that, just a point of clarity. It brings a certain experience. And it's alright if you don't sense presence in my words. It matters more that you find clarity in your own presence.

WW
Do you really give a shit?

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:11 pm

I wish everyone the best, including you. We are all siblings of life with different experiences and unique perspectives. This forum is here to share what we perceive in order to help each other. Use it as you will. It's your choice.

WW

Magpie

Post by Magpie » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:29 pm

Webwanderer wrote:I wish everyone the best, including you. We are all siblings of life with different experiences and unique perspectives. This forum is here to share what we perceive in order to help each other. Use it as you will. It's your choice.

WW
Great