has anyone here been able to maintain their awakening?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
NateDeezy

has anyone here been able to maintain their awakening?

Post by NateDeezy » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:09 am

I gotta ask. Had anyone here achieved acting that's lasting? I had an awakening and was in bliss for a few months but i lost it due to a life event that devastated me. One thing I'd like to know is, and this is because I can't remember since it was years ago that my awakening occurred, but I wonder how your connection with others was effected by it? One thing I struggle with is never feeling comfortable around others and having no confidence. Do you think it's possible to actually connect with others in a lasting way? When I use drugs I feel more confidante around others which makes me feel that my condition is purely physical and never truly something I can overcome bc my brain will always be the way it is. But do you feel comfortable around strangers and do you feel at pure peace when taking with others. Now that i write this I'm starting to remember the time I was awakened and do remember having total confidence and comfort but not in the normal way, but in a loving way. I guess my trouble is I can't find my way back into this state of loving. Does anyone think it's possible to achieve this forever? To navigate life with total peace?

smiileyjen101

Re: has anyone here been able to maintain their awakening?

Post by smiileyjen101 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:32 am

It's a journey, not a destination.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:56 am

I agree with Jen completely. We fall in and out of bliss as we do suffering. Gradually our fears subside and we gain some equilibrium. There are times I feel I have changed so much and I am rocketing away from my old life, while other times I feel depressed and fall back into old patterns of additive sedation and withdraw....I believe I'm in one now, actually.

I have become more social with strangers as my fear has subsided, but old conditioning is stubborn and there are times I don't care to talk to anyone. I don't feel there is as much at stake in social situations. It's kind of bemusing as I used to try to be the funniest guy in the room or worry about what others thought of every little nuance. Now, not so much, just a more natural and honest interaction. I feel more boring really. Like they say about the weather in certain parts of the U.S., if you don't like it, wait five minutes.
Be present, be pleasant.

lmp

Post by lmp » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:24 am

I don't find a lot of places where people are open to just talking to each other, ready to connect and make friends. Rather I find that most of us are always busy, occupied with working, shopping, eating, drinking, trying to get somewhere. Society is fairly stressful and I don't see that people are in general concerned with connecting in a lasting way, with how the crows are doing and telling each other about the beauty of the world. I think we have to look into it for ourselves, now, as we notice that our relationships are not great, since this was not encouraged by parents, teachers, work places, pubs, etc. I guess you are wrong btw, I don't think there's something wrong with your brain.

lmp

Post by lmp » Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:37 am

Onceler wrote:, while other times I feel depressed and fall back into old patterns of additive sedation and withdraw....I believe I'm in one now, actually
why? have you spent to much time by yourself thinking about problems? sometimes we need people or friends to take us out of the cave...

what usually takes you out of it?

Phil2

Post by Phil2 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:23 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:It's a journey, not a destination.

Wow Jen, what a surprise ! Such a short and concise posting, right to the point ... I love that

:D
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:47 pm

Phil2 wrote:
smiileyjen101 wrote:It's a journey, not a destination.

Wow Jen, what a surprise ! Such a short and concise posting, right to the point ... I love that

:D
It's her 'Jesus wept'. :wink:
Be present, be pleasant.

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:57 pm

lmp wrote:
Onceler wrote:, while other times I feel depressed and fall back into old patterns of additive sedation and withdraw....I believe I'm in one now, actually
why? have you spent to much time by yourself thinking about problems? sometimes we need people or friends to take us out of the cave...

what usually takes you out of it?
On the contrary, I've been quite social thru the holidays and I think that's part of the problem. Less time for introspection, more indulgences, getting out of healthy rhythms and habits, seasonal affective stuff....who knows? No big deal, I'll get back on track.

I think you're right about the quality of social encounters, they tend to be superficial. We see the other as we want to see them, or are conditioned to see them, not as they are. This seems to be made worse by smart phones and electronics....I don't think there is anything as compelling as these devices. They take precedence over humans, which is kinda understandable as the humans' minds are buried deeply in their devices.
Be present, be pleasant.

kafi

Post by kafi » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:18 pm

Hi ND,
I agree with Jen. It is a journey. Spiralling back and forth is normal. Like a kid who is trying to ride a bike, falling down and getting up again. Just keep trying.

About making contact with others: we are like facets on a diamond. The shortest way to connect with another is right through our center. That is, we need to be at inner peace first.

For the inner peace , I found the meditation from http://www.justonelook.org most helpful. It is a 180 degree inward look.
This is like a life jacket for me, when I am in stressful situations or around people I don't feel comfortable with.

Social interactions have changed. I fit in even less than before. And I am more fearless now about speaking up.

But finding the way home is my only goal. I have never been in the popularity contest.

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:45 am

Onceler said: It's her 'Jesus wept'.
:wink: My immediate response to Phil's comment was two words, just not those two.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen

Phil2

Post by Phil2 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:02 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:
:wink: My immediate response to Phil's comment was two words, just not those two.
Yes, and oftentimes silence is the best answer ...
(Carl Jung)

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:57 pm

smiileyjen101 wrote:
Got it. I was referring to the shortest, and perhaps the pithiest verse in the bible.....all said in a spirit of fun. :wink:
Be present, be pleasant.

Phil2

Post by Phil2 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:26 pm

Onceler wrote:
smiileyjen101 wrote:
Got it. I was referring to the shortest, and perhaps the pithiest verse in the bible.....all said in a spirit of fun. :wink:
There is a saying:

If what you have to say is not more beautiful than silence then ... two words ...

:lol:
(Carl Jung)

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:33 pm

If what you have to say is not more beautiful than silence then ... two words ...
I'm trying to figure how 'thank you' fits.

don7frye

Post by don7frye » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:31 pm

To be awakened is simply the habit of watching your thoughts . This is not from me , it is from a Buddhist book . Watching your thoughts is done with awareness ... which , acording to another book I've red about Buddhism cannot be trained . Of course by watching your thoughts your presence increases with time. It's normal . But that cannot mean that if you are watching your thoughts and are at the beginning stage , you are not awakened .
People are giving to much into this awakened business . Everybody that really lets go and are not compulsive thinkers are really awakened . It is not such a big deal . I was at a Yoga class a while back, and I was very very absorbed by the present moment after that for a while . But ... that did not make me awake back then and now not awake . LOL . Being awake means that you dont chase after thoughts . And it is simple ... everyone can become awake in 5 seconds . You bring your awareness to what is going on .. which means watching the content of your mind or bring your awareness to what you are doing .... and thats it . No big deal . And that doesnt mean that you watch your thoughts with your eyes like some people may think . It simply means to be AWARE . Which is very simple to do . Of course , like I said ... there are diffrent stages . I was so absorbed back then , after that yoga class that I did not have any thoughts watsoever in my mind . Which .... for me at least .. was not that cool .