My discontent with the irony of unconsciousness here.

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
ekidhardt

My discontent with the irony of unconsciousness here.

Post by ekidhardt » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:18 pm

Where to start?

I've come to realize that most people who read material by ET, really miss most of it. The worst of which, are the ones that firmly believe they understand it, or practice it. Often those people are the most vocal.

The desire to *believe* to understand and incorporate the material is what I see more often than anything else. It's the identification with a conceptualized self image of what is sort of a 'guru' of his material----and when that understanding fails, spirituality tends to fill in the blanks.

And why the discontent? Because it highlights the pervasive inauthenticity of human nature. And what better place to highlight that notion it than in a forum which is filled with people who share a common bond of philosophy by a person who espouses authenticity and connection.

I think above all things, it's isolating--fairly lonely. A forum about consciousness filled with advice givers who are highly unconscious--without them realizing it. The same people, would diligently fight that notion.

I would guess to say that, if you're reading this, and any of this bothers you--you're probably just the person I'm talking about, because what I'm saying is very, very accurate.

And no, this is not a judgement of your character, it's an observation of characteristics. I think no less of anyone--we are what we are, but at the same time--it's a lonely world.

Oh and, before I finish :D
It would be extra ironic, ironic squared, if I did not add the caveat that--yes, I understand that my discontent is at odds with acceptance. :)

Phil2

Re: My discontent with the irony of unconsciousness here.

Post by Phil2 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:21 pm

What is it exactly that irritates you ?

:?:
"What irritates us about others is an opportunity to learn on ourselves"
(Carl Jung)

rachMiel

Post by rachMiel » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:13 pm

Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...

karmarider

Post by karmarider » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:45 pm

ekidhardt wrote:Because it highlights the pervasive inauthenticity of human nature.
Yes, true. But is there a solution to this other than self-observation and self-honesty?

A forum about consciousness filled with advice givers who are highly unconscious--without them realizing it. The same people, would diligently fight that notion.
That does happen. Advice and pointers come implicitly with a warning label. Don't believe it; discover it for yourself.

--it's a lonely world.
Awakening is a lonely process. That's not such a bad thing.

randomguy

Post by randomguy » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:00 pm

Ok but what is irony?
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:28 am

randomguy wrote:Ok but what is irony?

I think ekidhardt should really be more accepting, tolerant, and less judgmental toward this forum. He needs to discover that he is not his ego and begin to truly accept whatever arises.
Be present, be pleasant.

ekidhardt

Post by ekidhardt » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:58 am

Phil,

"What is it exactly that irritates you ?"

Love the Jung quote :)

It doesn't reach a level of irritation for sure, but discontent, or leaving me feel unsettled. Why? Because those who are seemingly most secured and confident and understanding, are not the ones who most often provide advice or direction. It's like an inevitable corruption. There is no haven from the ego--it only becomes better hidden by better hiders.

"Yes, true. But is there a solution to this other than self-observation and self-honesty?"

No, no solution to human nature.

Randomguy,

"Ok but what is irony?"

I'm not sure in what context you're asking me this question.

Onceler,

"I think ekidhardt should really be more accepting, tolerant, and less judgmental toward this forum. He needs to discover that he is not his ego and begin to truly accept whatever arises."

I can't say that a lonely world isn't at the same time pretty hilarious. If there's something there is never a shortage of, it's humor within the irony. :lol:

Onceler, thank you for your ehh..contribution! I promise I'll continue not to say things that are egosyntonic to you.

Karma,

"Awakening is a lonely process. That's not such a bad thing."

I suppose, and certainly better than not seeing so clearly.

RachMiel,

:mrgreen:

rachMiel

Post by rachMiel » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:14 pm

It's easy to see the foibles of everyone's postings here. "Open your mouth and you're wrong!" It's more challenging to see the (movement towards) right understanding that underlies many of the postings.

Which doesn't mean you shouldn't be a spiritual whistleblower. Heck I've made a career of it here. Neti neti! ;-)
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...

randomguy

Post by randomguy » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:18 pm

Onceler wrote:
randomguy wrote:Ok but what is irony?
I think ekidhardt should really be more accepting, tolerant, and less judgmental toward this forum. He needs to discover that he is not his ego and begin to truly accept whatever arises.
Ok thanks for this fine example. I have enjoyed exploring the concept of irony a bit further as I realized I focused on only one flavor of the several or more available. Your example highlights the accidental contradiction, the unintended second meaning. Like "If there is one thing I live for, one thing, that thing is perfexxion." I had imagined it with the intentional second actual meaning where the author appears very aware of the second meaning being created throughout the primary literal message. Perhaps someone can help me further, does a disclaimer at the end of a message citing awareness of the contradiction therein remove the irony from the otherwise apparently contradictory message? Or is it more like irony feedback like Jimi Hendrix putting his guitar close to the amplifier at the end of a solo? Which is an rocking effect to be sure. Thanks for tolerating this tangent into literary concept by the way. I enjoyed the good responses to the real topic and have nothing to add to them. Except that I am aware that I can come across as an ass.
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:43 pm

randomguy wrote: I am aware that I can come across as an ass.
Also, keeping it real...I have no idea what you're talking about in your post :?:
Take what you like and leave the rest.

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:01 am

I've come to realize that most people who read material by ET, really miss most of it. The worst of which, are the ones that firmly believe they understand it, or practice it. Often those people are the most vocal.
I'm wondering about the accuracy of thinking there are people who 'firmly believe they understand it, or practice it.' That would be erroneous from the outset, I would think.

The beauty of a forum is that many perspectives can be shared, and folks can play with them all, as they likely do with any sharing, ET's or any other's. One doesn't have to think that their perspective is the be all and end all, they are just offerings into the mix.

We are all coming at it/ everything, reading and standing under it/everything from different places, experiences and perspectives. At one time one perceiving will be more resonant than another, at another time another aspect will arise in our attention.

If one has a different perspective than ones already being shared then authenticity would allow those too to be shared for consideration.

I'm curious though ekidhardt, are you aware of the 'expectation' that has been deflated by the reality that we each interpret things within our own awareness, capacity & willingness, rather than by a magic pill in the form of a book/s of sharing? Did you perhaps think that ET's New Earth was literal, and your interpretation the gospel?
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen

KathleenBrugger

Post by KathleenBrugger » Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:20 am

Ekidhardt, maybe you could tell us more about what you mean by "unconscious." Do you mean you see posters here who think they're enlightened and are unaware that their posts make it obvious they're not? My experience is almost everyone here has made it clear they are on a roller coaster, that they move in and out of the awakened state. Other than EnterZen claiming enlightenment (which I notice he has now retracted) who else has recently? Or maybe I'm misunderstanding and you mean something else.
We are ALL Innocent by Reason of Insanity
http://kathleenbrugger.blogspot.com/

dijmart

Post by dijmart » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:57 am

KathleenBrugger wrote: My experience is almost everyone here has made it clear they are on a roller coaster, that they move in and out of the awakened state.
I agree with you Kathleen 100%! The one person I suspect is further than anyone here is Kiki, but that's my opinion.
Take what you like and leave the rest.

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:09 am

Enlightenment is irrelevant. A distraction. A glimmer in the corner of your eye that you never quite catch. Better to plant some vegetables. At least you can eat those.
Be present, be pleasant.

CaiHong

Post by CaiHong » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:00 am

I must say I am impressed by the responses to the OP's post, very civilized. I do feel free here to express myself with candor and not hold back what is really going on in my mind. In my recovery forum I felt I had to toe the party line and I ended up reading and posting less.

CaiHong