Have you ever seen or communicated with God directly?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
blissrunn14

Have you ever seen or communicated with God directly?

Post by blissrunn14 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:10 pm

Sorry if this sounds like a crazy question, but I've been wondering a lot lately about God. What is God, where is he, can I communicate directly with him etc... Has anyone ever seen or communicated directly with God, not think you have, but KNOW you have? If so, what was it like? What did you see or learn? Why if there is God is it such a mystery to most? I know many people CLAIM to know God, but I know most of them are just going off of what they believe or have heard and for some odd reason it never occurs to them that they don't really know God personally. Does anyone know where or what God is?

Clouded

Re: Have you ever seen or communicated with God directly?

Post by Clouded » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:13 am

Maybe you will find this interesting?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc1nAQpusLg

As for me, I have no idea if God has tried to communicate with me. Sometimes I feel like I am not important enough for him to directly contact me. I kinda wish I had a supernatural experience, maybe it would've given me a new perspective.
"If you want to know what your were like in the past, look at your body today. If you want to know what your body will be like in the future, look at your thoughts today." -Deepak

DavidB

Post by DavidB » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:34 pm

No, this has never happened to me nor anyone I know. If it did happen, I'd probably be concerned that maybe I was suffering from some form of psychosis and in need of medical attention.

For the most part, I describe myself as a spiritual atheist, not that I identify with this term, simply that I use this terminology to give people an idea of where I might be at in my current consciousness.

God is all things, in the same way that consciousness is all things. In this regard, God and consciousness are the same, and therefore both infinite. Infinity is both bounded and unbounded. Bounded infinity is something like a fractal or a universe, while an unbounded infinity has no dimensions.

We can think of God and consciousness as unbounded infinity, while the forms that exist within this unbounded nature are bounded infinity.

Forms emerge out of consciousness, and therefore are in their essence consciousness as well. From this understanding we can then deduce, that a form cannot understand that from which it emerges. In the same way, thoughts, beliefs, concepts and human experiences, are all forms that emerged from consciousness. None of the forms could ever contain a complete understanding of the nature of reality, the nature of consciousness, the nature of God.

So, my point is, any experience of God is always going to be unreliable, as that experience is a though form that has emerged within consciousness, and therefore cannot in itself contain the unbounded infinite nature of God/consciousness.

My other point is this, that your consciousness and God's consciouness are inseperable, are one and the same. There is only one consciousness. So communicating with god is as simple as being aware of your own awareness, as the witness of your thoughts and the witness of your human expience is God consciousness.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

blissrunn14

Post by blissrunn14 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:36 am

Thanks @ clouded I'll check it out.

blissrunn14

Post by blissrunn14 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:44 am

@david I just recently heard about some considering God to be awareness or consciousness. I also read about it in NDE story Webwanderer posted about anita moorjani who said the same thing (beautiful story btw). I experienced once when I forgave my father a kind of "knowing" flowing through me. It was like insights kind of that flowed through me. It felt like an extra sense like seeing, but not with physical eyes but clearly seeing. At the time I felt it was God. So I do think that concept could be true.

I know it's your belief or opinion, but do you think God hears us when we talk to him or cry out to him, that's what I wonder. I wonder if he is there and hears me when I'm asking for help.

DavidB

Post by DavidB » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:17 am

@blissrunn14,

I certainly don't mean to discredit any of your experiences, those experiences are entirely valid for you and are all wonderful opportunities for spiritual growth, as always.
I know it's your belief or opinion, but do you think God hears us when we talk to him or cry out to him, that's what I wonder. I wonder if he is there and hears me when I'm asking for help.
Yes, in a sense, God does hear us.

As I mentioned in my previous reply, Your consciousness and God's consciousness are the same, there is no difference. You looking out of your eyes and witnessing the world, is God looking out of your eyes and witnessing the world. So whatever you witness, God witnesses. There is absolutely no separation between yourself and God. You are both one and the same thing. So if you pray to God, you are in a sense, God praying to himself.

This often seems difficult for people to comprehend, but God is not a separate entity to yourself, God IS yourself in essence.

There is only one Consciousness.

How do we end up with so many individuals then? Every individual is a facet of the same consciousness. A different perspective on the same reality.

BTW, it is probably not helpful to use the term God, as the term God has many, many confusing connotations. I prefer to use terms that are far less likely to evoke adverse preconception, such as consciouness, infinity, awareness, silence, spaciouness, emptyness etc.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:48 am

Bliss, have you ever read the Conversations with God series? - they're not what I 'thought' they'd be, they're really quite fun and delicious and irreverent really - that's an aside and my perception of the bits I liked - but our concepts of God are our creation with our cultural biases added in. Just like everything else.

Neale Donald Walsch's 'god' is pretty cool in my book, but it would be a totally personal experience, as are all things.

I'm in the 'awareness consciousness' camp there is no thing BUT the alpha and the omega it includes everything, so it can't be apart from anything, nor can anything be apart from it.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com

blissrunn14

Post by blissrunn14 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:48 pm

I haven't heard of it, but I'll look it up :-)

Michael65

Post by Michael65 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:39 pm

Yes. In a small meditation group, I was visualizing a cylinder above and below me with gold sparks. 6 ft in diameter. With me inside. All in a sudden, I see a large hand and part of a face on the top of the cylinder and God said : Can you hear me now ? With a smile. Referring to the cell phone ad. :D That is it.
He/She is funny

addseo1118

Post by addseo1118 » Tue May 26, 2015 4:23 am

When your mind be claimed, you would know something moving as air, wind, or your flowing thoughts.
then you feel peace, love your self and hopeful. you are communicating with God.
God is Love, Peace(Faith) and Hope. You truly get these, you meet God.
God is keeping your life to be love , faith and hope always.