Eckhart has a retreat?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
meetjoeblack

Eckhart has a retreat?

Post by meetjoeblack » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:18 am

I just found out about this retreat. When I looked into it further, i found it was sold out but, i am sure there will be more. Has anybody here did it and if so, could they share their experience? I saw another video about it that informed me about it.

beginnersmind

Re: Eckhart has a retreat?

Post by beginnersmind » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:37 pm

$1,500 for tuition ?! and that gets you

Lodging available separately

Asilomar Conference Grounds
Pacific Grove, California

Important times:
Tuesday, June 2
4–6 pm – Registration
6–7 pm – Dinner
7:45 pm – Retreat begins
Sunday, June 7
12–1 pm – Lunch
1 pm – Retreat ends

Eric: Of course lodging is available separately, along with airfare. Sheesh!

Tuition, just another word for paying a lot of money to sit and listen to Eckhart and his girlfriend talk about the same stuff they have been for years.

I got a better idea, for that kind of money, go see and experience the world. That kind of money will get you a round trip plane ticket with hotel accommodations. Take an Eckhart DVD or some Youtube videos of him and his girlfriend and it will be like being at a retreat in Hawaii or the Carribean. :mrgreen:

coriolis

Post by coriolis » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:17 pm

As the body sickens and dies without sufficient blood flow so does the luminosity of an enlightened being splutter and flicker out without sufficient cash flow -- it is a fixed "spiritual law" in the western world apparently.
Perhaps Advaita teachers have been taking lessons from the great bloom of tele-evangelists in the eighties and early nineties -- God loves you.....now give me money -- All is one.....but only if you can afford to pay for it :wink:

Faith and enlightenment, like everything else in the western world, is a saleable commodity which, while it completely misses the point of both, can make for a very profitable business venture.

It's emperors have always looked pretty naked to me though, party pooper that I am.

beginnersmind

Post by beginnersmind » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:10 pm

coriolis wrote:As the body sickens and dies without sufficient blood flow so does the luminosity of an enlightened being splutter and flicker out without sufficient cash flow -- it is a fixed "spiritual law" in the western world apparently.
Perhaps Advaita teachers have been taking lessons from the great bloom of tele-evangelists in the eighties and early nineties -- God loves you.....now give me money -- All is one.....but only if you can afford to pay for it :wink:

Faith and enlightenment, like everything else in the western world, is a saleable commodity which, while it completely misses the point of both, can make for a very profitable business venture.

It's emperors have always looked pretty naked to me though, party pooper that I am.
Guess I'm a party pooper too :mrgreen: