Did you not realize this would happen?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Re: Did you not realize this would happen?

Postby Enlightened2B » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:30 pm

aquarius123esoteric wrote:As far as freedom of choice is concerned, I believe that in broad outlines every life on the Earth plane has been mapped out most carefully, and that the only freedom we truly have is the ability to choose how we react to the situations life presents to us. Every new one brings fresh opportunities for learning something and growing.

I've been drawn to this topic, so the way I see it is that I agree and I disagree. Let me try to wing this here on my very own interpretation :)

If you consider that past/future are non-existent outside of the physical realm/dimension, and everything is just NOW, then all possibilities are accounted for pre-birth including (what we as humans perceive as) past/future. So, it would seem more likely to me that all potential is 'blueprinted', meaning nothing set in stone. As far as which avenue we take (how we choose to respond), is free will. So, in that I agree.

However, from reading Robert Schwartz's work along with Michael Newton and Nanci Danison among others, it seems that it is merely 'themes', that we incarnate to explore and perhaps certain planned experiences that will provide the growth needed in a certain lifetime. But, free will is literally always available where we have the option to deviate from any plan. I might have planned pre-birth to have a traumatic injury at a marathon in an opportunity for growth in a certain area that I needed pre-birth. Yet, perhaps I get very sick the night before from food poisoning, and don't attend the marathon. My own free will to eat a certain food the night before, deviated from that plan. However, even that plan of not attending the marathon is accounted for as there will be other options that will allow me to gain the growth I need in that lifetime. Any path we deviate to, is also accounted for since every option (perceived past/future) ultimately all exist simultaneously NOW.

So even if we do deviate from a plan that would provide us with growth, there will always be another opportunity (that is accounted for in pre-birth) that will provide us another opportunity for growth in what we need to learn. If we continue to go 'against the grain' by following a path that is not in our greater interest (that does not align with Being or our blue printed theme/purpose here), then we will ultimately feel those ramifications in the form of emotional/physical distress. The help of spirit guides, soul groups etc, likely do their best to guide us towards the experiences we need and incarnated to learn and grow from based on our pre-birth agreements, but free will still overrides all.

Cause and effect is always at play. Stuff doesn't just 'happen' because it's pre-determined. It's all manifestation consciously or unconsciously. Yet, every potential manifestation is accounted for as 'ok' simply because it exists and no option is considered 'wrong' since every avenue exists simultaneously NOW.

Just my own interpretation and would love to hear yours as well.

I'll post a link about free will from Robert Schwartz's website as I think this 'kind of' makes more sense than claiming that everything is pre-determined. Let me know what you think.

https://yoursoulsplan.wordpress.com/2012/12/25/how-can-we-have-free-will-if-we-plan-our-lives-before-were-born/
Enlightened2B

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:26 pm

Regarding the concept of time, I would like to share the following with you from my writings:

Refuse to think of time in the earthly sense. Consider only the timelessness of Eternity and look at life from the viewpoint of your Highest immortal self, Me. Know that everything that happens in your world rests safely in My hands and is part of the Great Plan of spiritualisation and bringing forth the self-realisation that enables you to recognise yourself as part of Me and Me as part of you – that in fact you yourselves are God. This process involves you as individuals as much as your planet. Fields of exploration and adventures await you that so far lie beyond the reach of your wildest dreams. Rest assured that everything will be for your highest good and greatest joy. Good is the ultimate goal of all life. True and lasting happiness and great miracles and wonders are in store for each one of you in the conscious reunion with Me and the returning home into My loving embrace.

Your planet is the only place where the concept of time exists. In truth it is always now. There is no tomorrow and no yesterday. They are merely ideas that had to be created especially for your world, to assist you with setting boundaries and giving structure and shape to your earthly sojourns. Know that you are in Eternity and that Eternity is now, that attitude is everything and that there is no need for you to worry about tomorrow. All you will ever have is your present moment and every new one of them will always bring fresh learning opportunities for those who are ready to take advantage of them. Let tomorrow take care of itself. If they so wish, let others worry about it but refuse to join them.

Because on the inner level of life all is one, when one of you changes their attitudes and thinking patterns, everybody else changes with them. If you are familiar with spreadsheets, think of humankind and your whole world as a gigantic one of these. Now, change one figure – imagine that this figure is you – and watch the effect rippling through all the others – the rest of humankind and everything else in your world. See how they too are all changing – it’s pure magic! The world you are inhabiting is a wondrous place. Alas, to unaware souls who are as yet unable to look beyond the ends of their noses and below life’s surface to perceive how I, the living spirit, am at work throughout all life, the insecurity of Earth life can be very frightening.

Rest assured that nothing can manifest itself in your environment unless it has first happened on the inner level of life. As a result, each time one of you consciously changes their inner perception and attitude towards life, your whole world follows suit. And when you save and redeem yourself in thoughts, words and actions, your world is saved and redeemed with you. So, go your way with your eyes wide open and be alive by taking an active interest in what surrounds you. Your intelligence is part of and one with Mine. Use it for good purposes only and strive to make your world a better place through bringing a renewed understanding of the true purpose and meaning of your earthly existence to as many as you can. Share the knowledge you find to help ignite the Divine spark in people’s hearts and souls, and the small still flame of spiritual understanding comes alive in them and renews their faith and trust in Me, your Creator, and the goodness of the life I have prepared for each one of you.

Assist the people you meet to become aware that in truth there is no yesterday or tomorrow, only this glorious moment of here and now, and that every moment of their lives is part of Eternity and precious. All who at any given time are dwelling on the Earth plane are aspiring to become a lightbringer and healer, who in the fullness of time can be used as a channel through which My wisdom and truth, the macrocosm, flows ever more forcefully into the consciousness of your race, the microcosm. Know that the power of creation is in you and that imagination is the source of all creation. Use yours to create the ideal world of your dreams where all live together in peace and harmony, and where warmongering, sickness and death are no longer known. By thinking about this often, you call it into being. And when you meditate and reflect upon it, through your inner guidance I will show you how you can do your share of bringing your new world about.

Rejoice in your oneness with Me and experience the elation of acting as a true child of Mine by assisting others to become aware that they also are the daughters and sons of My eternal spirit. In the name of love I ask this of each one of you.

From ‘The Universal Christ Speaks To Us And Our World’

All my writing is of an intuitive nature and as far as the theme of freedom of choice is concerned, nothing comes to me. In any case, I cannot say that I would be interested in examining the process of life with regard to this through a microscope, the way the people mentioned by you are doing. That appears to be their task, while for me it would destroy the magic of life. I am much more engrossed in the larger concepts and the greater picture. They really are my realm of exploration and have been for a very long time.

With love – Aquarius

aquarius123esoteric

Postby Enlightened2B » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:31 pm

aquarius123esoteric wrote: In any case, I cannot say that I would be interested in examining the process of life with regard to this through a microscope, the way the people mentioned by you are doing. That appears to be their task, while for me it would destroy the magic of life. I am much more engrossed in the larger concepts and the greater picture. They really are my realm of exploration and have been for a very long time.

Not that I would disagree with this sentiment about life in general, but with all due respect, it was you who made the comment that everything is 'mapped out'. That's a pretty bold statement to make without any reference point to back it up and you didn't explain your contention for that statement at all, but instead went on a bit of a tangent (from an old writing sample of yours) on the subject of 'time' which to be honest, has literally, nothing at all to do with my previous post in any way, as my own reference to time in that post, was pretty straightforward.

Regardless, I don't see anyone examining this through a microscope. The teachers I mention have no task other than to report what they've experienced with their patients in an attempt to help awaken the human race. Free will debates are but a small blip on the radar and was only a reference point to your own comment, which to me, seemed that you would enjoy a discussion on this subject matter, hence my genuine curiosity on your opnions, but instead, it doesn't seem that you have opinions, but merely more writing samples and a lack of vulnerability.

But, with comments like this:

I cannot see any point in retrograding to the many experiences of my life, just to chat about them. I simply don't have the time to spend endless hours in this way because I have several projects in preparation. They not only demand my full attention, they deserve it.

I'm really wondering why you even joined an online discussion forum if you are merely going to make bold statements and then respond to them by posting old samples of your writing, instead of giving a human to human, soul to soul response in the moment.

Oh well.
Enlightened2B

Postby DavidB » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:42 am

Eckhart says, (paraphrasing) that if we cannot accept the situation, then accept how we feel about it. Don't resist resistance.

I find it funny and ironic, how a lot of what is intelligent is also counter intuitive. I tend to believe the reason humans find life all so difficult, is because true intelligence doesn't come naturally, it needs to be learned. Being open to learning means being open to intelligence, and we cannot be open to intelligence unless we learn to be in acceptance.

Acceptance creates the space in which true intelligence can arise.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby rachMiel » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:03 pm

DavidB wrote:Don't resist resistance.

A (seeming) paradox ... yeah, baybey! ... now we're onto something. :-)
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby DavidB » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:08 am

rachMiel wrote:A (seeming) paradox ... yeah, baybey! ... now we're onto something. :-)

It's the paradoxes that make it all so interesting. :D

The thing is, most of us are here because we were spending way too much time thinking about ourselves and that got us in to trouble. And so we reached for a Tolle book. And Tolle encourages us to think about ourselves even more, the very thing that was causing the problem we are trying to solve.

You're right Baba Bozo, thinking too much did get me into trouble and did lead me to investigate Tolle's books. Being so incredibly self conscious was definitely one of my worst character traits, no doubt. 'Get over yourself', is great advice. :D

Just to clarify one point though, Eckhart doesn't encourage us to "think' more about ourselves, he encourages us to 'not think' about ourselves at all.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Previous

Return to General Discussion