Heaven on Earth....I think Im awakening

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Heaven on Earth....I think Im awakening

Postby monsta2005 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:38 pm

Just earlier I was gonna post my life story and how ET had influenced my life, what led me to this point of seeking answers- I was amidst a mood swing. I returned to spirituality alot more recently after my recent life highly built on satisfying my material senses came crashing down (travelling, chasing casual sex/women, gambling, drinking, etc). In summary I became an addict, got very hurt by a girl....'lost it all' it would seem.

Im not sure if its meditation (I been following a basic meditation recommended by Krishna in the Bhagvad Gita), reading the bhagvad gita (without the purports, just krishna's own advice), reading ETs books/taking his practical advice (recently read new earth and parts of stillness speaks), self enquiry, continuously questioning 'who am I?', asking the question 'why?' on everything or just looking at self realization articles- but something is happening to me and I love it. Lol.

The feeling Im experiencing now at this moment...is like heaven on earth, pure bliss and love. I even feel like contacting the girl who hurt me and apologizing to her, wishing her the deepest love from the bottom of my heart. Lol as strange as it sounds I feel like crying of joy/peace Im experiencing for no reason (and Im a muscular 30 year old rough looking dude).

I experienced an hour of this 2 days ago in the park.....and it was unbelievable feeling, I actually thought I'd imagined it- but im experiencing it again. Nothing seems to matter, nothing at this moment. Im just full of peace and love at this moment...much love to everyone I hope everyone has experienced/gets to experience this (Ive not really looked through many experiences).

I just hope this feeling lasts for a lifetime
monsta2005

Re: Heaven on Earth....I think Im awakening

Postby Enlightened2B » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:54 am

Your post resonates with me and brings me back to memory of my 'spiritual awakening' a little over two years ago, which all started from 'being hurt' by a girl like you. Actually my first post was pertaining to this girl. Funny enough, that realization was pure bliss for me for a time being. I wasn't the story of my mind for all of these years. My goodness. Liberating was the only word to use. Love was all there was. I emailed the girl who 'hurt me' later that week and thanked her :lol:. It's really wonderful and blissful to stop identifying with that ongoing story in your head and to realize.....I'm not that.

Thanks for sharing.
Enlightened2B

Postby monsta2005 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:43 pm

Thank you for your response. Much appreciated. Are you fully awakened/realized completely? 'I' seem to be resisting it on some levels.....if not all levels. I dont know where it will lead (evidently Im out of that state at the minute).
monsta2005

Postby Enlightened2B » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:23 pm

I would inquire further into what that state of bliss 'stemmed from' as opposed to focusing on the actual state. Likely, you had quite a similar experience to me initially in disengaging from the 'story'.

I would think that how 'fully' one is awakened, would be determined on some level, by how they live their life (consciously from a place of Love). There is a lot of resistance in my own life as well as I have some compulsive thinking patterns that takes over at times. And that's ok. I'm learning to embrace the resistance more so. No question that I had a profound awakening experience initially as I was so so so tied in to my mind for so long that the initial realization that I was not my mind was life changing on all levels, and it led to a wonderful few months for me of on and off bliss. I mean hey, I was not my thoughts, right? What can be more blissful initially than that? But that bliss ended a long time ago, and I've had a more difficult time of late, integrating it into my daily life and I think it's a natural process for most of us on this forum who've had a profound awakening experience as well. I find that the more and more we expand and open our perspective up by accepting that our perspective are just our perspectives, the more and more we align with who we truly are. Limitations will always be a founding principle of this human experience, but alignment with your nature is something that you can do at any time at any moment by feeling where you're at.
Enlightened2B

Postby monsta2005 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:19 pm

Thank you again for your response and insight.

I seriously am not preaching here but the Bhagvad Gita (without interpretation is where I am finding many of the answers to life it has dawned upon me- Also read without Prabhubpad's purports I advise.

ET has interpreted a large part what appears to be the truth and point of life is (brahman, atma, name is irrelevant- but appears to as krishna in human form in the bhagvad gita). Ultimately the common term we use is 'self realization' or as ET puts it 'awakening'.

Nonetheless our desire to satisfy our material senses alone (including me), will ultimately never completely die I suspect- we simply will not accept that the instructions given in Bhagvad Gita. I suspect I know where one finds the truly self realized individuals (secluded living in isolation and in total bliss and harmony)- unlike ET and the rest of the spiritual self help gurus will not be seen in the public eye. Just my humble opinion and certainly not a criticism, since ET in many ways has contributed to my current peace of mind.
monsta2005

Postby tomtom1 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:32 pm

Hello Monsta :D
Your story sounds familiar! I have had several experiences like this in recent years as well.

Everyone is different but if your anything like me then it won't last forever. I remember reading somewhere that these are experiences are like a butterfly. If you try and grasp at it then you will crush it. With me I get these experiences then I want to hang onto them... then I get upset when its not as I want it to be anymore. Which of course makes it worse.

I think there is a good reason for this. I think life is setup in that way that nothing lasts forever, including blissful feelings. In fact in many ways they are a distraction to the key issue at stake (a lovely distraction mind you). The key issue is; who is having the experience of bliss? Who is having every experience? What even is experience?

I suspect I know where one finds the truly self realized individuals (secluded living in isolation and in total bliss and harmony)

I can't agree with this one because I don't believe waking up is about maintaining a blissful or harmonic experience.
If you are interested in the Gita perhaps I can recommend you take a look at the Advaita teacher James Swartz. He has a fantastic website with lots of good info on it which I think really clears of the difference between enlightenment experience and real self knowledge which provides full freedom. There is a good video commentary over there on the Gita as well.

Really enjoyed reading your post because I know exactly how it feels :D
tomtom1

Postby monsta2005 » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:17 pm

tomtom1 wrote:Hello Monsta :D
Your story sounds familiar! I have had several experiences like this in recent years as well.

Everyone is different but if your anything like me then it won't last forever. I remember reading somewhere that these are experiences are like a butterfly. If you try and grasp at it then you will crush it. With me I get these experiences then I want to hang onto them... then I get upset when its not as I want it to be anymore. Which of course makes it worse.

I think there is a good reason for this. I think life is setup in that way that nothing lasts forever, including blissful feelings. In fact in many ways they are a distraction to the key issue at stake (a lovely distraction mind you). The key issue is; who is having the experience of bliss? Who is having every experience? What even is experience?

I suspect I know where one finds the truly self realized individuals (secluded living in isolation and in total bliss and harmony)

I can't agree with this one because I don't believe waking up is about maintaining a blissful or harmonic experience.
If you are interested in the Gita perhaps I can recommend you take a look at the Advaita teacher James Swartz. He has a fantastic website with lots of good info on it which I think really clears of the difference between enlightenment experience and real self knowledge which provides full freedom. There is a good video commentary over there on the Gita as well.

Really enjoyed reading your post because I know exactly how it feels :D

Thanks for the reply and advice-noted I agree 'who is experiencing this feeling?'. I have come across james swartz, but will relook it again- lol in fact atleast 70% of my waking time is spent searching for these answers, employing all advice.
Ramana Maharishi also offered wonderful advice also- self enquiry frequently takes up a lot of my time. Lol im so desperate for that feeling to be permanent. I think maybe I appreciate it alot more because of the recent 'pain' I experienced.
Maybe your right....I gathered that information from self realized individuals living in seclusion from secondary sources. Some writers claim to have seen yogis living in such ways in caves in india, others in the himalayas (Lol sounds mystical I know).

The last few weeks have been up and down. I still get 'hurt/negative emotions' over the relationship with the girl (this I accept is pathetic on a conscious level...since it was such a short thing and so long ago!!). My thoughts really are ridiculous surrounding this whole thing with the girl....but im kinda grateful for the whole thing since it led me to this path. Lol ego does seem to be resisting letting go of this victim mentality, story telling. Thats the only thing it cant let go off. Got rid of everything else which 'I' made myself a 'victim'. I really dont know what is left once I let go of that......since its all ive known for a few months now...how ive been the victim of this girl, etc. Ive taken some comfort knowing its not just me who is this 'pathetic'...

You know whats even funnier...absolutely nothing else bothers me on the inside. I've even been going back to bad habit of gambling, etc...and lost.... and it didnt bother me at all. I have no desire for money most of the time. I dont do much apart but am at such peace doing very little (most of the time!).
And this is the feeling I want to last. No great desire but amazing peace of mind/joy/bliss at the moment for anything on a personal level.
I do accept fully whole heartedly that absolutely nothing on the outside will provide me with that feeling- if anything everything on the outside is distracting me from this feeling unfortunately.

Thanks again for your reply and would appreciate any recommendations.
monsta2005

Postby Onceler » Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:23 pm

I enjoyed your post, monsta, and it resonated with me as well. I have had periods of bliss and can seem to access a mild version when I want it, but honestly, it's not something I seek. I experienced bliss as blissful when it was an abrupt movement from deep psychological suffering to bliss. It was bliss by contrast. Over the years my suffering has pretty diminished to inconsequential most of the time and there isn't a yearning for bliss at all, just life as it comes. I'm not suggesting my experience is 'right', just that if bliss leaves you and you don't stay in that state for the rest of your life, don't worry, the richness continues without the bliss.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Return to General Discussion