Masculine/feminine aspects of the present

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Masculine/feminine aspects of the present

Postby Nyseto » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:43 am

This is something a bit different, but the same meaning. Basically there is a man named David Deida who is a psychologist and spiritual teacher that helps people "find God through sex" believing that what makes relationships successful is polarity. He describes the present moment as being composed of two things: the manifest and unmanifest. The manifest is everything that moves, all light/feminine/shakti. The unmanifest is pure consciousness/awareness/shiva/masculine principle. He mentions that if you have a masculine essence, you seek freedom/emptiness..or that space of no thought and if you are feminine you seek fullness/connection/love. They both reach the same conclusion but in totally different ways. The emptiness of life (empty of ego) vs the fullness of it. Masculine presence is attracted to feminine radiance and vice versa. What he was saying was that women will constantly test their men so they can feel them as "shiva" or as the uncollapsible observer. While both reach the same conclusion which is "oneness", the feminine has a bouncier quality rather than being in solitude (40 days, 40 nights)/observing so therefore meditation is more of a masculine approach.

He says how for men for example, there's stages where enlightenment is more permanent. First would be being superficial or macho. Freedom comes from objects. Second stage would be more about self improvement (trying to get freedom from within) and last stage is realizing you've always been freedom. There's another scale to it. At the bottom it would consist of rape, violence, etc. Towards the middle would be sports where obstacles are set up so there is a challenge to be free of and then the top end would be meditation.

Apparently if you live in the present, you act in ways that attracts your opposite sexual essence more. I realized this for myself. When I am entirely present with a woman and I seek nothing from her to be happy to the point that she cannot budge my inner stillness, she becomes more feminine/attracted.
"There is no such thing as enlightenment. The appreciation of this fact is itself enlightenment." -Nisargadatta Maharaj
Nyseto

Re: Masculine/feminine aspects of the present

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:10 pm

That's really interesting, thanks Nyesto.

I hadn't considered masculine v feminine in that way before. I like it. It reminds me of when people talk about the mind borne self-inquiry style of spirituality vs the heart borne devotion style of spirituality. And of the balance between the in-breath and the out-breath.

I'm not sure about the unmanifest being masculine. To me that area always seemed beyond masculine and feminine, utterly void of such polar qualities. Rather, masculine would be an in-breath style of manifest reality and feminine would be an out-breath style of manifest reality. I still like it though - I'm more open minded to a wide variety of co-existing hypotheses than i used to be.
EnterZenFromThere

Return to General Discussion