What is Space?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

What is Space?

Postby Mystic » Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:08 am

Some theories are now proposing that the physical universe could be infinite, that our current visible universe is just a part of an infinite expanse of endless space.

http://phys.org/news/2015-02-big-quantu ... verse.html

http://www.isciencetimes.com/articles/6 ... ternal.htm

The universe as infinite space makes sense to me. Many ancient religions posit that "space is awareness"

God is then the Universal Mind

Matter is made up of atoms and atoms are mostly empty space. The old model of the atom had electrons orbiting the nucleus like the way planets orbit the sun ...but that model has been shown to be false. The more realistic model has electrons as vibrations similar to standing waves or "orbitals". Most atoms are said to be 99.99999... percent empty space... String theory posits that space and matter are made up of tiny strings but if Mind is primary, then the the concept of tiny 10^(-33) centimeter "strings" is not required. Space would be a CONTINUUM of Mind. Vibrational states of space is the creation of the physical universe...

Matter would be composed of vibrational states of space.

Time is an illusion in the sense that there is no past or future, only the continual unfolding of NOW.

Space is awareness. The Mind of God is infinite. Space is infinite...

God is closer to you than you are to yourself

The Space within every particle of matter in your body is the space of awareness ...of God

God is infinite -- Space is infinite

God is invisible -- Space is invisible

God is formless -- Space is formless

Omnipresent -- Space is everywhere and every-when

Omniscient -- the awareness that is Space, knows all that can be known for all possible manifestations of space, time, and matter

Omnipotent -- Space is invulnerable in all respects...

Our true nature would be formless awareness, vibration, created in the image of our Creator.

:D
Mystic

Re: What is Space?

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:17 pm

"Empty space" may be a misnomer. Empty space may well be densely packed energy unmanifested as form. Even conventional science suspects what appears to be empty in space may be filled with 'dark matter' and 'dark energy'. Just my two cents contribution to a good post.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Mystic » Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:56 am

Webwanderer wrote:"Empty space" may be a misnomer. Empty space may well be densely packed energy unmanifested as form. Even conventional science suspects what appears to be empty in space may be filled with 'dark matter' and 'dark energy'. Just my two cents contribution to a good post.

WW

This could be true...

“Emptiness which is conceptually liable to be mistaken for sheer nothingness is in fact the reservoir of infinite possibilities.” ― D.T. Suzuki

Mystic

Postby vivianamis » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:56 am

Das space exist when you are in deep sleep or in deep meditation or "no thought" ? I wonder if space is part of the illusion.
"To know the Truth, you have to be out of your mind"
vivianamis

Postby Mystic » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:10 am

vivianamis wrote:Das space exist when you are in deep sleep or in deep meditation or "no thought" ? I wonder if space is part of the illusion.

That is a very interesting question :D

It seems to me that illusions are beliefs and the illusion of space could be that we are conceptually separate beings existing in space. Maybe we are not just separate bodies in space but we are really minds that are connected, and also parts of the Universal Mind.
Mystic

Postby vivianamis » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:14 pm

Hi Mystic!
Your post inspires another question in me: Does mind exist without thought?
"To know the Truth, you have to be out of your mind"
vivianamis

Postby dijmart » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:05 pm

Mind is thought. Without thought there is just awareness.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby Mystic » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:52 pm

vivianamis wrote:Hi Mystic!
Your post inspires another question in me: Does mind exist without thought?

Thoughts are creations of the mind, so thoughts need the mind to exist. But the mind is not limited to just the brain. The brain is more like a radio receiver for consciousness and original thoughts are vibrations of space. The brain takes perceptions and the thoughts and transforms them into words, and concepts.
Mystic

Postby DavidB » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:15 am

The current cutting edge theory in science, is that the universe is a black hole (singularity), all information is encoded on the event horizon (akashic records) and the experience of form is holographic (an illusion/projection).

If the universe is a black hole, then space is infinite density. Space is a black w/hole. :D
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:20 pm

dijmart wrote:Mind is thought. Without thought there is just awareness.

I often go about my day in periods of thoughtlessness. No mental chatter. However, there is not just awareness. I am experiencing the 5 senses. Do you mean thought in a different way to me? Some people describe experiencing with the senses as thought which I find interesting.
EnterZenFromThere

Postby dijmart » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:12 pm

EnterZenFromThere wrote:
dijmart wrote:Mind is thought. Without thought there is just awareness.

I often go about my day in periods of thoughtlessness. No mental chatter. However, there is not just awareness. I am experiencing the 5 senses. Do you mean thought in a different way to me? Some people describe experiencing with the senses as thought which I find interesting.

I do not consider the senses as part of the psychological mind, unless of course the mind turns what is sensed into a problem, but then that would be thought again. Senses can be percieved by consciousness (I AM) without thought. You can wingle your ass in your chair and know the seat is hard or soft without thinking about it. Everything reports to the "I AM", including senses, this is why one wants to say "I AM this, that and the other". If you don't have the thought, "this that I percieve is me or happening to me", then no mind, just awareness or awareness OF what is being perceived.
dijmart

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:37 pm

But is it possible to experience the perception of objects and sensations without mind?

Is your awareness of these sensations occurring independent of mind, or via mind?
EnterZenFromThere

Postby dijmart » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:07 am

EnterZenFromThere wrote:But is it possible to experience the perception of objects and sensations without mind?

Is your awareness of these sensations occurring independent of mind, or via mind?

Mind is the "I" thought (ego, intellect, memories). Therefore no thought, no mind, imo. Thoughts arise in consciousness and in them selves are not a problem unless there is identification with them. Perception of objects and sensations are via the brain (body) which is a vehicle for consciousness. The body is within consciousness, not consciousness within the body.
dijmart

Postby EnterZenFromThere » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:01 pm

Can I ask where you are getting this information from Di?
EnterZenFromThere

Postby dijmart » Wed Aug 12, 2015 3:10 pm

EnterZenFromThere wrote:Can I ask where you are getting this information from Di?

Where does anyone get information they write? Various sources as well as experience or non experience. I now only write what I find to be true for me. Even if the source of the information didn't originate with me. Either way, makes no difference if I find it to be true in my experience.
dijmart

Next

Return to General Discussion