Power Of Now > A New Earth

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Re: Power Of Now > A New Earth

Postby dijmart » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:12 pm

DavidB wrote:Yes, of course you are correct WW, no argument from me.

I am still, none the less, waiting for a reply from Rob.

:)

So, I would ask you then to inquire why Rob's answer is so important to you? You don't seem to be able to just let it go....
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby Rob X » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:18 pm

DavidB wrote:I'm honestly attempting to understand, how Rob can come to this conclusion, and haven't yet received an answer.

I'm not so sure about that David. It looks to me as if this bizarre turn around is in order to deflect away from the contradiction that you generated earlier in the thread.

It's bizarre for this reason:

It is you that is asserting that

"…it is the work (not that it's any work) we do with the pain body that dissolves this finite, contingent, temporal expression, the body-mind, imagined sense of self."

This is your conclusion. Now I am simply agreeing that there is a possibility that this may be helpful in some cases - although as I say, we can't know for sure. In other words, it may or may not be helpful.

I'm not the one committing to a formula. Working on the pain body, focusing on the I am, meditating, self-enquiring, suffering from intense depression, walking across a London park, or simply doing nothing at all. All these and more may or may not be helpful for some - there is no one method or formula for awakening.
Rob X

Postby DavidB » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:49 pm

dijmart wrote:So, I would ask you then to inquire why Rob's answer is so important to you? You don't seem to be able to just let it go....

Ummm, because this is an Eckhart Tolle discussion forum and I'm attempting to discuss an aspect of one of Eckhart's teachings. Why are you here?
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby DavidB » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:56 pm

Rob X wrote:Now I am simply agreeing that there is a possibility that this may be helpful in some cases - although as I say, we can't know for sure. In other words, it may or may not be helpful.

No, your simply not answering the question Rob.

I can see now that you are not able to, or not willing to, answer a simple question about an aspect of one of Eckhart's teachings, so will not continue along this line of inquiry with you.
“Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves.” ― Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
DavidB

Postby dijmart » Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:59 pm

Rob has answered you, hopefully you are satisfied now.

Oh, you posted another comment I see and nope you're not satisfied, too bad.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby Rob X » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:45 pm

DavidB wrote:
Rob X wrote:Now I am simply agreeing that there is a possibility that this may be helpful in some cases - although as I say, we can't know for sure. In other words, it may or may not be helpful.

No, your simply not answering the question Rob.

I can see now that you are not able to, or not willing to, answer a simple question about an aspect of one of Eckhart's teachings, so will not continue along this line of inquiry with you.

David, the record shows that the question was answered - and then some.
Rob X

Postby EckerTolle » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:50 pm

The reason why Eckhart Tolle makes a comedy out of his lessons is because you shouldn't take the Ego and the Pain Body too seriously. Living in the present is a fairly obvious statement and you don't really study a book for that.

He says there is no such thing as the future and that it comes as the present. So in a way there is a future: the Future Now. I don't understand how he writes the future off entirely. It has it's place. I hope you guys can follow me. I thought about this over and over again. :evil:
EckerTolle

Postby DavidB » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:30 am

EckerTolle wrote:I don't understand how he writes the future off entirely. It has it's place. I hope you guys can follow me. I thought about this over and over again. :evil:

Of course you're right ET, there is a future and it is wise to plan for the future, to be prepared and all that sort of thing. Nothing wrong with that, it simply is what it is, diligent planning.

The only potential problem is when the future becomes more important than the present, that's all. Plan for the future, but don't lose sight of the present.
DavidB

Previous

Return to General Discussion